main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~The Complete Saga: The Saga and EIII **EIII Spoilers Allowed**~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Spike_Spiegel, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    "Also, remember Palpatine has THREE duels in ROTS, and he wins in the end by having his life and becoming Emperor, but HE DOES LOSE TO ALL THREE DUELS!

-He loses the first to Anakin, but Anakin spares him.

-He loses the second to Mace Windu, and only kills him after Anakin creates the diversion of cutting off his hand

-He is losing to Yoda, and by luck he got to zap Yoda in midair, and then the coward called in millions of clones to protect him"

Are you serious? Is that really what's going to happen?

Ugh. Palpatine's one of my favorite characters, and I'd heard that he was going to kick some Jedi @$$ in ROTS. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as the PT managed to make Boba Fett lame too.

Sorry if that sounds like bashing; I like some aspects of the PT, but seriously, Boba being a clone is just lame.

2. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    I posted this in 3SA, but it might be better served here:

In lieu of the new trailer description it looks like Lucas is making absolutely no attempts at marketing this movie to a pre-teen crowd. Im mean, really, when the most kiddish thing about the movie is General Grievous and the emphasis on war, politics, and slipping into madness, how could it be? Plus a beheading, three hands/arms, a charred torso, and a leg lopped off appears to affirm that Lucas really doesnt care about the PG-13 rating. This is a hardcore fans wet dream but do you think it will in any way detrimentally affect the light hearted nature of the rest of the series. Even ESB had an ending that gave promise. What will that be in RotS and will it even be it all.

3. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    The seperation and hiding of Luke and Leia will be "hope"

Maybe not if you're watching the films in order, but we know otherwise.

4. severian28

Apr 1, 2004
    Part two of the new trailer is out. Again very aggressive and not at all pandering to a pre-teen market. Im starting to think that this was all planned out this way. Have TPM to draw a new generation of kids under ten. Make it more weighty for those in that generation who are now a little older, as well as trying to snag a larger female demigraphic AND giving hope to the original comic-con market from the first two films of the OT. Finally we have everyone on the same page with RotS. It was a risky move finacially to be sure, but it looks like its going to pay dividends.

5. severian28

Apr 1, 2004
    Make it more weighty for those in that generation who are now a little older, as well as trying to snag a larger female demigraphic AND giving hope to the original comic-con market from the first two films of the OT - In AotC is what I meant.

6. severian28

Apr 1, 2004
    The final part of the trailer is leaked and Anakin is one serious bad ass. Its not gonna be debatable, his fall to the darkside. Whether he was misguided, misinformed, duped, tricked, abused, malnourished....

None of thats gonna matter. It seems from the contents of the trailer that Lucas has made the decision to make him all out, unquestionably VADER, way before the suit. Good move, IMHO.

EDIT: Heres the final part:

February 24 2005

Music returns.

Emperor's voice from the Original Trilogy.

SIDIOUS
    Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic...

During this line, brief scenes are shown: Sidious' not so pretty face, Obi-Wan looking anxiously at droids closing on him, then Mace with saber and Palpatine's back (his hair indicates strong wind), then Yoda with clones behind his back - aiming blasters at him.

Chewbacca (close-up), roars.

Tantive IV flies by, towards a planet.

PALPATINE (V.O.):
    Do what must be done.

During this line: Anakin Skywalker looks very dark and dangerous, hooded in robe, then leading ranks of troops (shot first from high above and then from ground level, closing to the camera).

PALPATINE (cont.):
    Do not hesitate...

During this line: Aayla Secura surrounded by clones who aim blasters at her....

PALPATINE (cont.):
    Show no mercy...

Ki-Adi-Mundi also surrounded by clones; they open fire and he tries to block shots with lightsaber.

Then, Anakin Skywalker approaches the camera, probably in a Mustafar bunker, then cuts down two separtists.

OBI-WAN KENOBI (to Yoda inside the Temple):
    Who could have done this?

Anakin Skywalker cutting a Neimoidian.

A very sith-like Anakin Skywalker, standing on the pillared balcony on Mustafar, in dark cloak and hood.

YODA (to Obi-Wan):
    Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker has become.

Anakin Skywalker cutting into another Neimoidian.

Threepio, leaving Padme on the balcony, Coruscant at night: "I feel so helpless...".

Then a montage:

* Battle over Coruscant.
    * Jedi starfighter incoming.
    * Padme crying.
    * Anakin and Obi-Wan duel in large hall.
    * Coruscant battle again.
    * Kashyyk battle.
    * Obi-Wan and Anakin exchange lightsaber blows in a narrow corridor, with sparks flying off the walls.
    * Sidious shooting force lightning at a surprised Yoda.
    * Obi-Wan with hands outstretched for a force push, determined and tight, like in a contest "who's stronger in The Force".
    * A 10-wheeled Juggernatu tank shoots rockets straight ahead.
    * Space battle with R2 close-up.
    * Obi-wan jumps back, down to the circuit/ pipe hanging over a lava river.
    * Anakin Skywalker with lava in the background.
    * Obi-Wan Kenobi with lava in the background, shouting very dramatically, almost through the tears:

OBI-WAN KENOBI -
    You were the chosen one!

* Space explosions.
    * Sidious throwing Senate pods with The Force.
    * Yoda avoiding them and rolling over - Senate chamber in the background.
    * Sidious with lightsaber close-up, with a very sinister smile or laugh.
    * Craft flying over water, possibly on Kashyyyk; fountains of water arise.
    * Huge wave of lava falls over a pipe on Mustafar.
    * Obi-Wan and Anakin duel on the balcony. (The same place where Anakin stood earlier, Sith-looking).
    * Yoda looks up at the camera, close-up.
    * Mace swinging his saber and kicking or falling back
    * Space battle again.
    * Anakin and Obi-Wan exchange lightsaber blows in mid-air, flying over lava on long cables...

Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Breathing...

Shot from their left side, aboard the Star Destroyer: Vader folding arms on his chest and and Emperor staring straight ahead.

7. severian28

Apr 1, 2004
    The Official poster:http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/img/20050308_1_bg.jpg

EDIT - could somebody who knows what their doing post that picture? Thank you!

8. RobertHuntingdon

RobertHuntingdon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2005
    You know, it should have dawned on me a long time ago, but it never did. I mean, C3PO is such a *huge* blabbermouth, that guy couldn't keep a secret for anything... yet he was built by Anakin. How could he NOT have known who Luke's father was and told him fourty times too many for Luke to take without slashing him into golden slivers?

But of course, he gets wiped. Wonder if we'll get to actually see that happen? If so I'm sure there would be a few folks who didn't care for 3PO would would cheer in the theatre...

Heh, most people have known since 1979 that R2 was the smart one... on one hand, it might have been nice to have 3PO actually holding in a secret because Obi-Wan told him to (or something) but on the other I'd like my impression of the dimwit to remain unscathed. Better a stupid clown you can laugh at than a smart person acting stupid. Smart people who act stupid are not something I like to see.

RH

9. severian28

Apr 1, 2004
    There are reports that Spielberg is creatively involved in a few of the films scenes. Judging by the way RotS seems to be going in a totally different direction than the first two PT entries, Im thinking it might be more then a few.

10. PorkerPig

PorkerPig Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Im not sure if Im posting in the correct forum so if I am not feel free to redirect me...here are my thoughts towards the prequel and mostly ROTJ...

So Palps gets Anakin but not at his full potential (a Jedi having to rely on mechanical parts to survive). From what I have read in forums...in general...is that Palps is not really happy with Vader. He would prefer an apprentice intact as to what became of Anakin. By the time we reach ESB its clear Vader and Palps both want Luke for themselves (Luke to help Vader overthrow Palps giving Vader control, and Luke to destroy Vader to take his place at Palps side). Here is my question...in ROTJ Palps tempts Luke to strike him down, to give into hate...turning him towards the dark side. When Luke gets his lightsaber...Vader blocks the attack to Palps. Now why does Vader save Palps? Does Vader at the last second realize he would not be alive if it wearnt for Palps or am I reading too much into it? Im sure this has been covered before so please feel free to redirect me if necessary. And this is my very first post so please be kind.

11. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    Let's say Anakin died in some crash or something and Dooku remained Sidious's apprentice after Order 66 was issued and so, the Clone Wars were won by the Republic, but, suddenly, Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus was working under Palpatine.

Would people start to suspect foul play from their Emperor? Because, at this point, the people of the Republic believe that the Jedi were just corrupt and that Palpatine's emergence as emperor was legitimate.

So, was Dooku just a pawn to eventually bring Anakin to Sidious?

12. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I see it as Sidious replacing Dooku with the Chosen one who is so much more powerful than Dooku as he has the highest Mid Chlorian count..higher than Yoda's.
    The plan of Sid all along seems to me was to manipulate everyone in the entire galaxy so he could have the most collective power..his and Anakin's. He is pure evil. He convinced Anakin that the Jedi were bad( recall the line in the trailer when he tells Padme "the Jedi don't trust me") and promised Anakin the power to save Padme's life if he had the powers of the dark side. I think that was the main reason for Anakin's turn. He promised his mother he would not fail and he wanted to keep those he loved forever..to stop them from dying. He loved Padme so much he 'made the pact with the devil' to save her. When he discovered she died anyway, he went beserk and the hate was so overwhelming, there was no turning back..'you don't know the power of the Dark side... it's too late for me, son' (ROTJ).. From the beginning of the Saga to the end, Sidious is the instrument of evil and it finally takes love of family to destroy the evil.. isn't love in the end more powerful than hate?

13. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I just read parts of the novel up at MF. Damn it was the most depressing story ive ever read. The music will make it look sadder I hope.

I like it a lot, yet I dont.

14. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Upping so that everyone can be aware of this thread's existence.

15. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I was watching ANH last night. I had already read the RotS novel but I found myself getting increasingly irritated at Luke in ANH. Like the trash compactor scene. I felt like screaming at him: "You idiot! Obi-Wan spent nineteen years of his life keeping an eye on you! Trying to keep you safe! And you are so stupid as to leap into a trash compactor! Your mothers last act in this life was to give birth to your stupid, stupid hide and you risk it this way! Idiot!"

Obviously that was unfair of me and to fulfill his destiny he was going to have to expose his butt to all sorts of danger still I couldn't help my irritation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.