main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    You don't like Revival?

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Excellent my S5 blu-ray has been dispatched. Estimated delivery date Monday! :D Knowing my luck the Royal Mail will fail to get it to me on the day its supposed to arrive :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not really.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You don't like an episode where Obi-Wan kicks ass?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have that episode a 2/10. Obi-Wan kicking ass was the sole reason it didn't get a 1/10.

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Haha, fair enough.

7. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
  8. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    A shame that they didn't finish off that scene.

Hmm, I wonder what has been added to The Lawless then.

9. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    I doubt it will have been added to the final cut, unless they went in and added full animation. If they did that, I'd probably buy the whole damn thing.

10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm hoping for the one of you who gets the set first to put up some details about any noteworthy material added to the Director's Cut episodes (the stuff other than the known bits like the shot of the headless bodies in 'Eminence' of course).

11. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Seconded.

Specifically, I'd like to know if there were any parts of the Sidious-Maul-Savage duel that were fully animated and included.

12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Well if my boxset arrives tomorrow as it should... I'm going to be watching in order... but I'll probably be speeding through it... and I'll let you guys know. :)

If I get it tomorrow, I'll be doing Disc 1... and Tuesday morning, Disc 2...

Dark Lord Tarkas and Sable_Hart like this.
  13. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    I would be most pleased with that.

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Got my Season 5 blu-ray! :D

Watching Onderon arc currently.

Just a few things about that set:

I can confirm that Revivial has been restored to its original placing in the season. So its on Disc 2 before Eminence.

Directors Cuts episodes according to the packaging inside are Eminence and Shades of Reason. I haven't put in disc 2 yet so can't check for sure. Unless anyone gets there before me, I will let you know if I notice any changes to those two episodes when I get to them.

podjazd and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lucky! They're just now shipping mine. :(

16. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    Are they doing 10 episodes per disc with the split in between Sunny Day in the Void and Missing in Action?

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Mine was shipped very early Sat morning. But I'm in the UK and the release date for S5 is today so it came on time. Maybe it will get to you for tomorrow?

Yes that is correct.

18. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    Thanks. Here is my (hopefully final) version of my Blu-Ray Viewing Order Guide. It basically shows where you need to deviate from the order presented on the disc. It's based on the official order.

[​IMG]

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Watching some of the special features at the moment. An interesting scene from Revival was deleted which involved Anakin discussing with Palpatine about why he was taken off the Maul mission that Obi-Wan and Adi went on. That scene would have been quite good to have been kept in.

And The Lawless had a few deleted, unfinished scenes which IMO should have been finished and added in as a director's cut. A shame that they did not do that for this release.

20. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Any of The Lawless scenes Palpatine related?

21. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Didn't receive mine yet, it's not yet shipped as it is not in UK. So hlc88, what are the episodes in extended cut ? Is there the scene with the heads in the episode Eminence ?

22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Yeah. Other then the extended unfinished Maul-Sidious-Savage fight there is one of Anakin and Palpatine. Anakin is worried about Obi-Wan having gone to Mandalore and not having returned. Palpatine brings up how he doesn't think it is Obi-Wan's time to die and how Obi-Wan has brought this to be a personal matter and advises Anakin to not go to Mandalore or rather tells him not to go. Anakin thinks Obi-Wan has encountered something more powerful then Death Watch.

They also have included the Obi-Wan borrowing the Twilight off of Anakin unfinished scene too. Ahsoka appears briefly.

To add to the Revival deleted scene with Anakin and Palpatine, it is Palpatine who requested Anakin to stay at the Temple. He learns that from Adi. Clearly Sids is hoping Obi-Wan will be killed and he doesn't want Anakin anywhere near Maul, but his reason to Anakin is to oversee the Chancellor's security. The Chancellor then pins the blame on the Jedi Council that they assigned him to it. Anakin then speaks about how he worries for Obi-Wan and basically says he will seek revenge if anything happens to Obi-Wan. If animated that would have been a good scene.

It is a shame they did not finish these scenes as I think it really helps with the characterisation and builds more upon how Anakin is fearful of losing those he loves.

Extended episodes are Eminence and Shades of Reason. Have yet to watch those episodes. On Missing in Action now but I'll be stopping for the day after Point of No Return. Planning on watching the last two arcs tomorrow morning. I have a day off so as soon as I'm up, they are going on lol!

23. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    hlc88

One more question: do any of these deleted scenes have commentary before or during from anybody?

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

No commentary that I've found.

Explosion from Point of No Return looks FANTASTIC on blu-ray.

25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    When I think of it, it's still odd that Ahsoka never got to be on a season cover. I like the Obi-Wan cover of this one, but it still feels like she earned the right to be on one.

Watto, AkashKedavra_93 and cwustudent like this.