main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to admit they were right... the Obi-Wan cover does look cool.

Looks like Saw will be on Disc 1.

I am just thinking that the collectors edition is just the standard series 1-5 put together. The first 4 discs at 2.35 are exactly the same discs for the individual releases of the seasons. I doubt it will be in chronological order so I'll go for the standard Season 5 release.

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Darn. I guess I lost the bet that Pre Vizla's head would be on the cover.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

He was never gonna be on the cover in the first place :p

4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Personally, I'm trying to figure out whether the box set will have all the same extras as the S5 set, or if it's just the art book. I have 3 and 4 on Bluray already, but I only have 1 and 2 on DVD, and I want everything on Bluray. But, not if I miss out on content...

Speaking of which, I never really cared about it, but... if you bought the first editions of the sets, the box always said, "For a limited time only, includes Jedi Temple Archives something-or-other," and a section of the DVD has all the 3d model turnarounds and storyboards and stuff. Were those ever actually removed from the later releases? Like, when they re-released seasons 1 and 2 in simpler cases, were those features actually not included? Seems like more work to take them off the discs...

5. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    The cover looks great, going with a household name like Obi-Wan over Ahsoka is understandable but I still feel like Ahsoka should of been on the cover.

The complete box set looks good too but I already have all the episodes on blu-ray already, I'll just get the single release.

The bonus content will have to be released as a Disney product, it really sucks that the selling of Lucasfilm killed this show.

cwustudent and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  6. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I love the Obi-Wan cover for season five, but I was planning on getting the Complete Season 1-5 set...even though I don't care much for the artwork....

7. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I already own season 1 on blu ray. The packaging was badly damaged in the shipping to my home, so I may consider getting the 1-5 box set.

But having no information on the new content is just...sad...

Perhaps the missing content is cancelled?

8. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'll continue waiting with my purchase until we find out what's happening with the season 6 content. Notice it says "Season 1 through 5 collector's edition box set." Not "Complete series box set."

9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

No its not cancelled and I don't think it will be. Disney would have had to agree to the bonus content being continued and released, so there would be a contract in place to cover that I assume.

10. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I love the complete box series however I already own season 1,2,3,4 in blu-ray. I think I won't resist to the complete series box set and that I will end up buying it instead of just season 5 box set :D

11. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Much meditation is to be done on what my cash shall be plunked down upon.

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I'll just stick with the Season 5 one. Even though the complete box set looks neat, I don't like the idea of having that set and then a separate bonus content, "Season Six" volume.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  13. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Chances are the bonus content won't ever be included on a complete box set because of the different ownership of the distribution rights. I could be wrong.

14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Exactly, I have the same thoughts.

15. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

Note that the box set is a "Seasons 1 through 5 box set," not a "Complete series box set." Similar box sets (e.g., "Seasons 1 through 4") were released earlier.

IMO it's very possible a "Complete series box set" will appear later, with the bonus content. I for one am holding off on my purchase for now.

16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I'm just worried that its going to be years and years before we get any of it. I thought for sure they'd announce some releases today. If they start on Rebels before the bonus content comes out... then on to the Disney movies... not sure if they'll ever go back to the Bonus Content.

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Don't worry, guys. We'll get the bonus content as a hidden easter egg on the box set of Episodes VII - IX in 2021.

Togruta likes this.
  18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I don't think it will be years. I think the lack of news is because they may not know how much they are going to release yet so they can't choose a platform for its release, which I think is understandable. Of course if we haven't had anything on the bonus content by this time next year then I'll be worried.

19. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think i'll feel a bit jerked around if we get through this Celebration without a big announcement on the content, or at least a promise that some of these things will come up in Rebels.

20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I think at this stage we won't get a big announcement about the bonus content. RFR did say that there would be an announcement of Season 5 today and they were right and they said there wouldn't be any big announcements about the bonus content. If they got one thing right they must be on the ball about no announcement on the bonus content. We may get little bits and pieces but anything big is very doubtful at this point.

21. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I know it's season 1 to 5. It's a complete series box set, the ealier release were just the seasons, in this box set you got the book, you got box set of a series. The bonus content is kind of out of the series, it's arcs, it's not anymore in seasons.
    That's why I was only mentionning season 1,2,3,4,5.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I didn't think they'd put Obi-Wan on the cover, but it does look pretty cool! And the box set of seasons 1-5 looks great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have the later releases for Seasons 1 and 2 and the extra content is still included.

24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Gotta admit, that line of clones on the complete series box set is pretty awesome-looking.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wonder how much they'll want for that set.