main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Conference Room (A Jaina and Jag Discussion Thread) FOTJ: OMEN now out - what's next for J/J?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    September and the last installment December.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You mean we have to wait THAT long *sigh* Oh well, September isn't far away. Do you have a date for the second one?

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Maybe I'll hold off to read it until September so I don't have to wait as long.

Oh who am I kidding? I can't even avoid the spoilers in this thread, let alone an entire book. 8-}

4. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    The third one is due on December 27th. Hopefully, I will love it!

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    :eek: That's one day before my birthday! My parents will definitely be buying me that! :p

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oooh, right after CHristmas!! (actually, I'm not Christan, so that doesn't affect me at all . . . but still ;) ). And also after finals, so I'll be able to study without trying to read it 8-}

7. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    The least they could do is put the last novel out before Christmas. A little Jag or Kyp brought to me by Santa would be delicious.:*[face_love]

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oooh, yes. Hanukkah Harry would know to get it for me ;) But maybe they don't want to deal with the holiday rush.

I also woulldn't mind seeing Jag beat up Zekk. That would make my weekend . . . I don't like him, and he had better not hit on Jaina because she BELONGS to Jag. Jag didn't leave her on Hapes.

9. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    I've made a decision (for the moment) to have faith that whatever TD does to Jag and Jaina in these books, he'll make it work out in the end.[face_praying]

*SPOILER SPACE*

I really dislike Zekk's relationship with Jaina in this book (Joiner King). I mean, I know that her love for Jag is portrayed in the book but it really bothers me that her mind is connected to Zekk's. I mean, I always think of her as such an independent mind so seeing her joined to anyone is really creepy to me. The concept is interesting though. I'm just hoping that Jag can eventually snap her out of it. That would be a good ending to the third book. That, and a marriage proposal- or at least a commitment.;)

*end spoiler Space

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Spoiler space

That mind thing with Zekk really bugged me too. She's so independent. It was just strange. I hope Jag can pull that apart... or Han. Either one, though it would be interesting to see Jag and Zekk fight for her, as long as Jag wins, of course.

Spoilers done.

Wow, these are really spread out. I'll have to mark my calender.

11. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    spoilers!...

What bugs me the most is that they talk about Jaina's love for Jag, and then at the end when she finally talks to him, she lets him believe that her and Zekk are together. Bad Jaina!!!

12. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I don't think she was able to control that. I mean at first I thought she was a b***ch to do that but after a while I had to remember that Zekk's in her mind. It was probably how he felt about Jag that made her speak like that.

I wouldn't put it passed Zekk to influence her out of spite. I mean after all, he was in her head when Jaina saved Jag, calling out to her "loverboy". He knows how she feels and it irks him completely.

I do feel bad for Zekk but I would like to see Jaina with Jag.

Zekk can have Tahiri and I'll take Kyp.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I got it!! I got it!!

Sorry, bit excited :D

SPOILERS

Tahiri's in the book, but is she even interested in Zekk (I haven't started reading)? I figured she would never find someone to replace Anakin.

END SPOILERS

14. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    She was young when Anakin died. It's been some time now and I think by the next book she'll be ready.

And as far as being interested in Zekk, I think if she has to work with him it's possible. She's similar to Jaina yet different. Zekk can fall for her.

As a matter of fact for the Sentence Challenge I kind of already paired them. Maybe I should send it to Denning to give him ideas. (not the writing, just the pairing)

15. Blondie_JediKnight

Mar 14, 2005
    Or maybe in the next books Anja can come back. She can have Zekk, that way he'll get out of Jaina's mind so she is free to remember that she is really in love with Jag and it is obvious that he still loves her. Except for the J/TK reunion, The Joiner King was kind of a let down. Ylesia had a few Jaina/Jag moments though.[face_love] That sort of made it okay.

16. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    I think that Denning has already written all three books (that's how come they're coming out so quickly).

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E

One thing about Jaina and Zekk. She made it quite clear to him that they are only friends. She definitely still loves Jag but things aren't going to be easy for them. Especially if Jag thinks she's with Zekk. I'm going to have faith (for the time being) that Denning will get them back together in the third book. The thing is, they've never had a real test in their relationship. This is a big test and it's going to have a lot of problems for the both of them. I have confidence that they will be able to pass.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E

[edit]: afterthought

17. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :)

SPOILER SPACE coming up...

Okay. I don't like the Jaina/Zekk thing at all, and I don't think we are supposed to like it. The Zekk connection creeps me out, and I had no pre-existing problems with Zekk or his storyline. The truth is no author is going to give his/her readers what they want right off the top - the payoff is so much more delicious if there's some uncertainty, some build up that makes you wonder, and if there's more than one suitor for the damsel's hand...

I just don't think Zekk is on the level. The circumstances surrounding their "connection" are not helping either.

It seems to me that so much time would not have been spent introducing Jag and building him up as a fairly major character - as well as the obvious love interest for Jaina - if there wasn't some kind of payoff. Yes, it could go both ways: Happy ending [face_love] (Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaassseee!!) or Jag playing a protagonist against the man she actually ends up with. I hold firm to my belief that we J/Jer's will be very happy at some point...

**drifts off in romantic haze**

The good news is, fiction isn't real life! In DRL I would be seriously concerned about J/J ending up together at this point.

I'm not satisfied with the first book, but I'll reserve judgment until #2 in September.

oldj

P.S. I always remember that George loves a happy ending, and although there will be deaths and destruction, ultimately there will be a shining light in these, as with all, SW stories. That needs to involve characters to carve out a future for the Jedi and our favorite families. Let's hope those shining lights are J/J.

[:D] Faith, everyone!

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm really happy that Ylesia is at the end, because my computer or my brother (one of the two) deleted my e-book copy :(

I'm just going to have to hold out for J/J *crosses fingers* and wait *grumble grumble* until September and *more grumbles* December.

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm glad Ylesia was included. I've never read it. I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Literally five minutes after I finished reading TJK, my brother took my book from me so I will have to wait. :p I don't think I like the first one much, but we'll see how the second one goes.

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    *tries not to read the spoilers*

*fails*

I'm so upset I wasn't able to grab it today while I was out! :( We were right next to Barns & Noble, but my mom wouldn't let me go in. *grumble* Guess I'll have to wait forever to read it and sustain myself on spoilers that I shouldn't be reading...

21. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I was pretty good about staying spoiler free until Monday, that is. I heard something about J/J and just had to find out. I didn't read many spoilers though. Hopefully you'll get a copy soon.

22. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    My mom went out and bought me the book today!!!! :D She kept asking me last night what the book was that I wanted and then when I woke up today she had bought it for me! [face_dancing]

With my own money, of course, but she still went out and bought it. ;) :D

I can't wait to read it.

23. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Spoilers...

My takes on TJK...

I was disappointed with this for a multitude of reasons, especially the ambiousity of the J/J relationship.

I know I'm one of many when I say I don't like the Zekk/Jaina relationship AT ALL. It was very clear to me that Zekk is still "in love" or, my impression, obsessed with Jaina and wanting her to fall in love with him. I was especially above and beyond creeped out when they were "discussing" Jaina's relationship with Jag, and I believe Zekk said "We are so over him."

He's trying to influence her mind and her emotions, and towards the end I was fearing he was. Sounds like he's approaching that Dark Side horizon, and the new, reformed Jedi philosophies just seem to be begging for trouble. Look at Alema. Unfortunately, the Jedi apparently use the ends to justify the means, so who knows how this will get twisted. Han needs to get his bughugging daughter away from that bughugging Jag-wanna-be...

I was just disappointed that Jaina failed to realize what was happening. You'd think she was smarter than that, and smart enough to stay away from Zekk considering how they're now linked.

I feel bad for Jag, because first she was partners with Kyp, whatever that meant ;) and now she's sharing a mind with Zekk. Jaggie just can't get a break here, can he? :p Well, it must be his turn next. Maybe he'll get to be her husband. ;)

At least it was continually emphasised that Jaina still felt things for Jag, despite Zekk's attempt to diffuse that...

That's my two and a half creds... I found myself wishing for some J/J action like that (finally!) J/TK action, lol

24. Blondie_JediKnight

Mar 14, 2005
    Hope you're right JG!
    I liked the J/TK, but J/J would be good too! Jaina and Jag was the only good thing that really came out of NJO.
    In TJK though, the whole Joiner thing kind of creeped me out. Especially all the arm rubbing. I wonder if Jaina and everyone else who was there will be permanently part Killik in a way. As long as Jaina is, I don't know how a relationship with jag will work out because Zekk will always be in her mind. Unless he is okay with everything, which I doubt, he can probably manipulate her mind.

25. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    The J/J thing was definitly my favorite part of NJO.

The whole Joiner thing creeped me out too. It was just weird. Jaina is just too independent for something like that to happen.

I felt sorry for Jag, too. He is such a great character!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.