main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Conference Room (A Jaina and Jag Discussion Thread) FOTJ: OMEN now out - what's next for J/J?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    The Swarm War (Star Wars: Dark Nest, Book 3) (Paperback)
    by Troy Denning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    List Price: $6.99
    Price: $6.99 and eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. See details

Availability: This title will be released on December 27, 2005. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

2. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Starwars.com states that Dark Nest III is due to be released November 29, 2005.

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I hope November. That would be great!

4. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    Del Rey (the publisher) says it won't be until December. I hope it's November though! That would be AMAZING!!!

Although, something tells me that Denning is just going to torture us even more about Jag and Jaina.

5. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    He probably will. [face_frustrated]

6. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    Possible spoilers...

He can torture me all he wants as long as they get together in the end.

An interview done by him made it seem like Jag was going to have to work very hard if he wants Jaina, but I think he's up to the challenge.

Exactly, and that was like the most important relationship in Jaina's life. I think she and Jacen were really close (even through his wierd phase) up until Myrkyr. Now that relationship has disintegrated. Her relationship with Jacen was the most stable thing in her life, and now it's on the rocks. That had to shake her faith in relationships. After all, it said that she and Jag did rendezvous for awhile after TUF. But if she can't even count on her relationship with Jacen, how can she count on a relationship with Jag?

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Denning was unaware in his interview that the release date had changed, but apparently The Swarm War will be on shelves December 27th. I'm so bummed :(

8. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Where did you find that interview??
    He better keep them together![face_not_talking]

9. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Check the previous page. I provided a link ;)

10. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    There are a few interviews here.

Spoilers under here.

It looks like Jag isn't going to be in The Unseen Queen. Although, they didn't have Kyp in the Dramatis Personae of TJK so who knows.

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    SPOILERS

What!?!? NO!!!! But he's the best part . . . I'm never going to make it through this semester.

12. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    SPOILERS ABOUND!!!

Okay, so Sue Rostini says that not everyone is in the Dramatis Personae so I'm hoping and praying that Jag will be in it. I might cry if he isn't.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Me too. And Kyp wasn't in the TJK one, but he had more lines than Jag.

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    *mutters* I hope Jag is it a lot more.

15. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    Possible Spoilers Below

Yeah, I hope so too. Jag is just so good for Jaina. He balances her out. They are like two halves of the same person (much in the way that Luke and Mara or Han and Leia are). It would be a crime to keep them apart. The question is, what are they going to have to do to end up together. Or rather, what are the compromises that Jag is going to have to make?

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    SPOILERS

I imagine that he'll have to live in the New Republic, and probably accept that she'll still go on dangerous Jedi missions and he can't come and protect her.

17. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    SPOILERS

I agree. But what kind of life will Jag have in the GFFA if he and Jaina end up together? Do you think that he'll join their military or do something else?

18. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I bet he'll join the military.

19. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    For politeness' sake...

I do think I shall be quite upset if they don't end up together. It seems like so many different authors have so many different ideas about what should happen with these two. Poor Jaina! Okay, more like poor Jag... erg. Maybe Jaina'll come back to herself in the second book and have a revelation about certain things... :p Either that or someone'll have to hit her across the head with a baseball bat.

Hmmf. I want Allston back.

20. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Possible spoilers

You know I don't it will be just Jag decission that will count. I know that when you are in love you make some weird things but it would be so unlike Jag if he throw everything behind him and just did what Jaina wants. There is clear crisis in the relationship and after Unseen Queen I think it will be even bigger. I think that in Unseen Queen we might actually have a scene or two between Jaina and Jag when they'll have some talk and thing will get nasty. And I think there will be mentioned all those major problems they will have to go thru to end up together. And the third book might have some answers to it.

I think that in Swarm War Denning is prepering something big for Jag. Something even crazier then his "suprise" from FH3. And it will have something to do with Jaina and the choice he will have to do that might be very important in their relationship. I think that this decission might be the breaking point for them. Either way they will be together or tey will simply leave each other ( but that would leave Jag out of LOTF series since he would be considered Chiss and as Sue Rostoni said that we won't see them to much. And I think that Jag has become one of those more known characters and he already has some pretty big fanbase and we know that they can't allow to lose readers or the money won't come from nowhere ;) )

End of Spoilers

Oh and I still think that Luceno is the one responsible for what we now have in Dark Nest :mad: He had to make J/J relationship look like a War relationship. Brilliant :mad:

PS. My spirit has risen ;)

And one more thing... this would have to be the longest and most build up relationship in SW and I don't think they would like to destroy this now otherwise all those earlier relationships would look crap.

Luke and Mara needed like what, a year + 9 year break + hmm a month
    Corran and Mirax like a year, maybe two ( probably one )
    Wedge and Iella probably year or two ( typical SW relationship )
    Han and Leia was probably the closest to this one since it was like 2years + some break + year
    ( hmm all the mayor character have some breaks so that might a good hint for J/J ;) )
    Padme and Anakin well to be honest I think it was like 2 or 3 months :p ( they were fast ;) )

They made to much build up to just ruin it, right?

21. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Chimpo the Speed Demon: Heehee! I just gave you a new nickname! [face_mischief]

They made to much build up to just ruin it, right?

That's exactly my feeling :)

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    SPOILERS

I want Allston back, too :(

Jag might join the military, or if the Chiss join the GFFA he might become an ambassador, though that didn't really work out earlier.

Actually, Corran and Mirax took less than a year. They confessed love, but right then Corran was captured by Isard, and after he was back they went after Isard and they got married.

23. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I agree with Chimpo and TKL. I believe they've invested way too much in the J/J relationship to let it go. But like every other 'ship in SW, they don't/won't have it easy! I'm betting there will be a big turning point (as Chimpo also thinks in terms of a decision by Jag) in probably the third book.

*gulp*

[face_worried]

oldj

24. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I want Allston back, too. I love the way he writes and he was the author who showed Jag's personality so beautifully :) He has such a wonderful mixture of seriousness and humour that works well, I think.

~Abby~

25. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    ok this is from a while ago but i havn't been here in ages so i wanted to get this out beofre i have to go
    spoilers (ok I'm not sure if they actually are but just to be safe!)

TKL posted (a while ago)-

As for Jaina being a joiner I wouldn't worry too much about it. For one, the Taat told Jaina and Zekk that they had to leave at the end of the book.

PLEASE PLEASE DENNING let her be kicked outta the bug huggers club!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.