main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Conference Room (A Jaina and Jag Discussion Thread) FOTJ: OMEN now out - what's next for J/J?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaina_Jag_Index, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    *Omen Spoiler*: Jag proposed to Jaina![face_love] Her reaction was a leap from her chair (She knocked the chair over) and she hugged him. I have a hunch that she's ready for marriage

[face_peace] to all you Jaina and Jag Fans

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I have a feeling your hunch is right. ;)

Of all the parts of the book I thought the proposal was really well done.

3. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Yeah, it wasn't 'Hey Jaina, will you marry me?' It was unexpected and slow. Perfect!@};-

4. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    I always thought it would take something really epic for Jaina to finally agree to marry Jag (like, let's say, a Sith Tribe taking over Coruscant? or perhaps being frozen in carbonite, like her father before her) but I like this way, too. Time for her to admit defeat. It took them long enough. The problem was, before, she was working under false assumptions, thinking that marrying him would mean giving up being a Jedi. So it seems that Jag's five-point-plan works perfectly. A breif yet detailed argument. Her way of saying yes was fantastic - as much in character as Jag's proposal was.

I'm thinking, though, that they're in for a challenge, since Tahiri got arrested. I'm remembering their argument about Tahiri in Outcast. [face_worried] Hopefully it won't be too bad. Legally, I don't think there's anything either of them can do anyway, so it's all academic.

Oh, and did you guys hear that the fifth book is titled Allies? Seems like a really mellow title for the height of the series.

5. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Oh, and did you guys hear that the fifth book is titled Allies? Seems like a really mellow title for the height of the series.

And Sue said they're considering their first duo on a cover coincidentally [face_whistling]

6. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Really? I'm convinced that Jag and Jaina will be married in Allies...the title is too close to Union. Plus, it connates something similar to the Rebel Alliance; perhaps many of our Rebel Heroes will find themselves allying with the Empire? And who better to symbolize this than Jaina and Jag? So maybe we'll see, you know, them. Of course, it could always turn out to be Han and Leia again.

7. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Darkwriter, I'm thinking your speculation is right. Or maybe that's wishful thinking. For some reason I think Golden will get that gig though.

8. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Time for her to admit defeat. The problem was, before, she was working under false assumptions, thinking that marrying him would mean giving up being a Jedi.

Time to admit defeat? Time to TRIUMPH! :cool: They've figured out how to be together without giving things up. Making it work with challenges is a win.

9. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Han and Leia are the poster children for making it work. Great role models :D I think the challenges make the romance sweeter, more special.

10. JFEL13

JFEL13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2009
    Darkwriter,

I think you could be right about Allies having something to do with the Rebel heroes working with the Empire. I hope Golden does the wedding because she was spot on with Jag's proposal and Jaina's acceptance. Oh no, I just had an evil thought. Watch them skip the wedding completely, just referring to it, that it had happened and move on to the next crisis! That'd be annoying. Oh well, if they do, hopefully they'll at least have J/J working together, which so far has been fun as well. Like Han & Leia, they're a good read as a team.

11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I'm resigned to thinking the wedding won't get page time in the novels. Perhaps a comic like L/M had though? But if I keep that thinking then if it does happen onscreen I'll be extra happy :D

With Roan's age in Legacy, and presuming he's a descendent of J/J, they'll have to start moving things along shortly if the offspring are going to start flowing.

12. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    The wedding not getting pagetime? Chilling thought! And totally something I could see happening.

But honestly, with Jag proposing so early in the series, you'd think that they wedding would take place in some capacity. If the proposal happened toward the end of the series, I could see the authors glossing over it... Storywise, I think the wedding-question would make a good subplot. Obviously, the moffs don't like Jaina (or Jag, apparently), and I doubt that, once the affair is made public, Leia will hardly let the subject go. At the very least, if the Moffs try to off Jag, we'll get to see a good response from the Solos.

And I'm inclined to believe that the wedding WILL happen on-screen, but probably just as that...a wedding. As in, "Okay, they're married now, now lets move on." I'm thinking it will act as a nice closer to the fifth book, like how Anakin and Padme's wedding closed out Episode II. At any rate, since they got engaged in book 2 out of 4, I think it would be rediculous if they only MENTIONED the wedding happening, especially since the series is on the same time-frame as LOTF.

Although, its also kind of rediculous that no one so far seems to remember Zekk ever EXISTING. But, hey, that's just me.

Needless to say, we probably won't get a wedding subplot as wonderful as TKeira_Lea's "Return to Bolis Island," (that's what fan fiction is for) but Jag and Jaina are too important figures in the galaxy to warrant just a reference.

13. JFEL13

Feb 4, 2009
    Storywise, I think the wedding-question would make a good subplot. Obviously, the moffs don't like Jaina (or Jag, apparently), and I doubt that, once the affair is made public, Leia will hardly let the subject go. At the very least, if the Moffs try to off Jag, we'll get to see a good response from the Solos.

Yes, I agree, it'd make for a great story.

And I'm inclined to believe that the wedding WILL happen on-screen, but probably just as that...a wedding. As in, "Okay, they're married now, now lets move on." I'm thinking it will act as a nice closer to the fifth book, like how Anakin and Padme's wedding closed out Episode II.

Awe, but a missed opportunity it would be. Politically, these two are well known, as a couple, A/P hid their connection making their union irrevelvant to the public at the time.

Although, its also kind of rediculous that no one so far seems to remember Zekk ever EXISTING. But, hey, that's just me.

Yeah, but by the end of Invincible, it was clear that Jag was who she wanted anyway. She just felt loyalty toward Zekk, because they'd known each other so long, that's all. Right? Wishful thinking? Nah, it's always been Jag. Zekk, to his dismay, is just a friend.

Needless to say, we probably won't get a wedding subplot as wonderful as TKeira_Lea's "Return to Bolis Island," (that's what fan fiction is for) but Jag and Jaina are too important figures in the galaxy to warrant just a reference.[/quote]

Agreed, but you never know. *Okay, feeling doubtful* Also, must be mentioned, Darth_Lex's contribution to "Return to Bolis Island.

14. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I've said it before and I'm saying it again: If we get another comic book* wedding as we did with Luke and Mara, Sue Rostoni and Shelley Shapiro are going to hear from me. It's about time they acknowledged that SW has always had a "happy ending" style and we haven't seen very many happy endings played out in the EU books. o_O Where the heck is George and his optimistic idealism? Seems to me that some of his original philosophy has been lost--replaced by plot after plot of trials and tribulations. There are two sides to the SW coin. I'd like to see a bit more emphasis on the happy side.

*No offense intended to the comics. I follow, read, and collect them too. :) I just don't like the one-off idea for major events that would best be written in prose by people like Aaron Allston, Troy Denning, and Christie Golden.

Just my two cents.

P.S: Um, maybe it's time to update the title of this thread? I'm not sure who is responsible for that--but Invincible was quite a while ago! Again, just another two cents' worth. O:)

15. JFEL13

Feb 4, 2009

16. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I'll update the title shortly. Have to log out and log in and log and log in. It's such a process 8-} edit: I think the EP beat me to the edit.

I kind of would like a comic wedding, for the visual reasons - dress and all that. (f it's pink I'll be even happier :D ) Then we can fill the in flowery mush as fanfic writers. Another thing is that Soontir Syal were developed in the comics so it would be a nice throwback.

Looks like the future comics are going to have lots of Jaina in them. Glad to see her get some more page time.

17. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006

??? *confused* Explanation, please?

I loved the darker stuff, too. But at Comic-Con either Denning or Allston said that they were trying to go for a lighter, happier series this time around. Still, I'm betting that Hamner bites the dust. He;s completely useless.

Go to YouTube and type in comic con fate of the jedi panel. There should be about six of them.

18. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Darkwriter, re the comics: Jaina has a significant appearance in Invasion #2 which recently came out, and is also mentioned in the Dark Horse solicit for issue #4. [face_dancing]

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    What did you all think of Abyss?

20. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Well Allies came out and we went from woohoo to #$@^&%$ :mad:

We have no luck :(

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    It seems the editors/writers delight in torturing us. :mad:

22. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    SPOILER AND SPECULATION FOR ALLIES

I'm not worried. Sort of. Thanks to the Legacy comics, Jag and Jaina's union is pretty much predestined, right? Plus, they've almost killed Jag an infinite number of times, usually to get Jaina to see what she's missing. So I think it would be pretty stupid of they ended up dropping the Jag/Jaina pairing.

Anyway, this had to come sooner or later. With all the "We'll work through this, even though our respective duties make it IMPOSSIBLE." So I think Jaina just has to face this, admit she needs him, and get on with her life (with him that is). Also, Jag needs to stop being such a pansy where Jaina is concerned. He totally just let her walk out on his life. BE A MAN.

I'm actually quite excited though, because this means we get some angsty Jag-Jaina next, AND Troy Denning is writing the next book, and I think we all know how BRILLIANT the man is about angsty Jag-Jaina. I bet they'll be back together by Ascension (newest title, 8th book), and married by the end of the series. The way I understand it, they are running short on time if we ever expect to see Roan Fel's father born. I think we're also going to be seeing some Jaina-centric plot soon, like the plot arc in the LOTF. It makes sense, because now we have a source of conflict (with Jag), and now she actually gets to go out and do something. Probably, the series will end with Jaina as the hero again, kicking Sith butt. I'm betting that being separated from Jag will help her see where she needs to take her role as the Sword of the Jedi (for example, resign from the Order?), or it'll push Jag toward this emperor-ship that we know is coming. but that's just my two cents.

23. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I have lots of thoughts on the matter but am short on time this week. I believe the spoiler policy at TFN is 30 days from release of a novel so let's be careful to respect that with highlight-to-read until that time. Thanks. :)

24. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    The spoiler period is definitely up now. Going to get that title changed and generate some discussion. Since Darkwriter brought it up, we'll springboard from there.

TOPIC:

25. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    This is going to sound pretty nerdy but who else thinks it would be cool if they made a new starfighter video game and the two main stars were Jagged Fel and Jaina Solo :D ?

I'd preorder it in a instant and pick it up on its release date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.