main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Consort (Suitless Vader, Angst/Romance) IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- THANK YOU!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Title: The Consort
    Author: AnakinsFavorite
    Characters: Aria Jy?tari (OC), Vader, and more to come
    Genre: Angst, Romance
    Era: Post ROTS
    Summary: Eighteen-year old Aria Jy'tari finds herself the unwilling victim of Darth Vader's interests and is swept off to Bast Castle to serve him, but will she survive after proving to be a failure in his eyes?
    Disclaimer: Anakin_Heartbreaker provided the OC?s name and helped me through the beginning processes of starting this fic, and George Lucas presented the SW world. I own none of them.

This story is for Anakin_Heartbreaker and NiobeAsha.@};-

Chapter One: The Mysterious Suitor

Aria Jy'tari never loved her mother, but this was just as well- the older woman professed no need for her only child. The resemblance between the two was stunning- both had pale but flawless skin and long brown hair, but this was deceiving- the women were as different as could be. While Aria had a patient and gentle nature, her mother did nothing but seek something to criticize- and was always successful.

Such was the situation he young woman found herself in- not even this special occasion caused Lady Jy?tari to spare her any mercy.

?This shall teach you to listen to me,? her mother clicked her tongue in annoyance, circling about her unfortunate victim. ?Stand up straight child- it?s a wonder you even fit into this dress despite the many credits your father put into it,? she said, eyeing the imaginary paunch.

Cheeks flaming to a soft pink, Aria merely stood there with her eyes downcast. ?I?m sorry to be such a disappointment, mother.?

?Apologies only go so far,? Lady Jy?tari murmured, giving her daughter a disapproving look. ?Disappointments last forever, though.?

This stung the young woman, but she merely bit her lip.

In all actuality, there was nothing wrong with her whatsoever- had her mother not been so strict, Aria would have been more liked among her peers and surely would have receive more attention from the gentlemen.

Still, reality was what it was, and she remained the highly protected daughter of a noble Lord and his wife. Sometimes, she just wished for a moment of reprieve?

?Have you finished hurting her feelings?? came the gruff voice from behind them.

Both women turned around quickly to find that Aria?s father had been watching the proceedings the entire time. On the exterior, Lord Jy?tari was a stern man and not one to mistreat, but underneath, he had a weakness for his pretty wife and daughter. Even as he stood there, he glowered at them both but was trying to conceal the way the corners of his moth were twitching.

?Your daughter has not been following her diet as I?d instructed,? his wife sighed wearily, rushing forward to kiss his bearded cheek all the while sending a scathing look to her daughter.

?I find nothing wrong with her,? Lord Jy?tari smiled at Aria, extending his hand out to he which she gladly took. Placing a kiss on her forehead, he led them out of the door? and towards Aria?s future.

~*~*~*~*~*~

No sooner than she had stepped into the dazzling ballroom then her best friend, Tiré, rushed up and embraced her. ?I didn?t think you?d show up!?

?To my own ball?? Aria murmured skeptically, sending a worried look over to where her mother stood at the other end of the large room. ?Even my own mother couldn?t keep me away.?

?Sometimes, I wonder?? Tiré mused, running her finger along the top of her glass. ?Do you ever feel that you were meant for something greater??

Aria shrugged as well as she could with the voluminous dress restricting most movement. ?I really don?t know??

?Has your mother really confused you that greatly about what you want?? her best friend asked worriedly, grasping her shaking hands. ?Have you ever thought of how different your life would be without her around? Aria, I am worried sick about you.?

?Don?t bother about it,? the other muttered, seizing a drink as a servant rushed by. ?I?m fine, just a tad ov

2. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Wow! Great Story...it will be a long wait for January 16th...Starwriter sets up a chair, grabs a magazine, looks at her watch and sighs...32 days to go :p

3. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Interesting start, I look foward to see where you go with this, your small outline seems something of interest.

I can just imagine what Aria's mother will think when one such of Vader does want something to do with her.

PM me so I know to look for the next chapter

4. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Whoa!!!

You've already posted the first chapter!!! :eek: :eek:

How do you do it? :p

Well, as I already know the plot somewhat, I know your readers are in for an incredible time!!! :D

5. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Most interesting. I've learned to love OC's, and Aria seems to be a fascinating one!

I'm looking forward to read more when you come back. Please put me to your PM list, AF. This looks like a great story. :)

6. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awesome start! I already find myself liking your OC while absolutely detesting her mother! [face_frustrated] Grrr! Hopefully, Vader will do what he does best and frighten the wits out of her! [face_skull]

Looking forward to more and of course I'd love a PM whenever you update, my dear! This is shaping up to be most interesting indeed!

7. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Interesting ending. I can't wait to see what happens next.

=D=

PM me?

8. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    How do some of you know the plot already? :confused:
    Can I have a copy to tie me over until January...[face_praying]

9. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Ah another story :p!!

I think you know that I want to be added to your PM list because I think I read like all of your stories [face_laugh] anyways.

I like the beginning and can't wait to see where this is going ;).

10. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    WOW!!! You have grabbed my attention already with this first chapter. I can't wait to see what will happen next although it looks like I may have to. January 16th is a long time away but I am sure it will be worth the wait. You always have such great ideas for fics. Well, at least it gives me something to look foward to.

11. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    great start. The plot sounds interesting so can you add me to your PM List.

12. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    You hooked me with this one too. I am becoming an AF groupie!
    Please add me to your pm list

13. Gizzi1213

Gizzi1213 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2006
    Very intriguing beginning. The idea that Vader has come to Aria's "rescue" is a very different twist. Very curious to know where this is going, please add me to your PM list.

I look forward to an update...on January 17th preferably!

14. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Add another groupie to your list dear friend!!!!!!

15. Anakinfan2006

Anakinfan2006 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    was that vader who she was dancing with???

16. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

star_writer24:
    Well, at least you have the virtue of patience. *Sits around planning evil ideas* ?Let?s see? plot twist here, cliffhanger there, character death here??

darksideyesplease: It is literally my microscopic outline, my dear! I just thought this one up and had to get it going! I?ve given it some thought and have come up with some wicked ideas.

Anakin_Heartbreaker: Well, once I got past the constantly-revised beginning, it was rather easy. I don?t know how I do it- I wish I could slow down sometimes. *Whispers evil plot ideas*

Darth_Father-in-law: It has to be a really good OC for me to like it, so I?m going out on a limb here. I?ll definitely put you on the PM list, friend!

VA_Parky: Thank you! What can I say- I hate her mother! The tables will be turned for everyone- including the kind but Aria. I?ll of course add you to my list!

Jturtle: Well, it wouldn?t be a proper post if I didn?t taunt you all. I?ll definitely add you to my list!

star_writer24: Actually, I was sending out PM?s for one of my other stories yesterday when I got bitten hard by this plot bunny. I threw the idea over to AH (who I?d been talking with) and got some ideas on names? so only he really has an inkling of what this is about. Sorry- I don?t have the script written yet!

randomangel22: I?m dumping my plotless Ruminations to write this. Hee? I did guess- it means a lot to me that I have kind groupies like yourself!

Kitten: Hee! It does look like it! Thank you for reading!

Farra_Sti: Thank you! I shall definitely add you to my list.

Amidala66: Yay! Another groupie! *group hug* I?ll add you to my list!

Gizzi1213: Actually, the Vader here is complicated? please read the note at the bottom here for more details on this story and our favorite Sith.

HandmaidenVeme: Yay! Yet another groupie! I?ll add you to my list!

Anakinfan2006: Sí! It was him? which is going to lead to some complications?

Groupie List: VA_Parky, randomangel22, Kitten, Amidala66, HandmaidenVeme

PM List: star_writer24, darksideyesplease, Darth_Father-in-law, Jturtle, Farra_Sti, Gizzi1213

Okay, Everyone! There are a few things which I do want to discuss...

Firstly, so as to avoid confusion, that was Vader. In this story, he'd been wearing the suit up until this time (he was not burned on Mustafar)... hence the confusion at the end between Aria, her mother, and the onlookers.

This story is going to continue in the grand tradition of Mon but is going to have more angsty romance. I am once again going to be treading into ethical territory... because of this, it is going to be unlike anything I've ever written before...

And... that's about it. I'll see you all next year!

AnakinsFavorite

17. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Add another one to your PM list. Romance is so :cool: cool. 7

18. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Argh!! You're writing so many stories that I can't keep up with your writing pace at all! Do you never have Writer's Block? ;)

The resemblance between the two was stunning- both had pale but flawless skin and long brown hair, but this was deceiving- the women were as different as could be. While Aria had a patient and gentle nature, her mother did nothing but seek something to criticize- and was always successful.

Poor girl. Concerning their appearence... doesn't it remind you of someone? [face_shhh]

?Your daughter has not been following her diet as I?d instructed,? his wife sighed wearily, rushing forward to kiss his bearded cheek all the while sending a scathing look to her daughter.

:( Ouch. Diets. Evil mother and loving father who'd love his daugher even if she would weigh three hundreds pounds.

?At least you have your father on your side,? her friend pointed out, pushing Aria out towards the dance floor as a particularly handsome young man walked by.

Aha. [face_idea]

Her dance partner still seemed stunned by his good fortune and was also blushing. ?I? uh??

Shy ... Redav?? That's interesting!

?How dare you dance with a complete stranger? There are princes and noblemen here waiting for their turn to dance with you!? the woman spat. ?It is despicable how you chose to waste your time on such riff-raff!? Lady Jy?tari turned her attention to the young man. ?Bow to my daughter and give her the respect she deserves!?

I'm sure that was embarassing! Poor Aria! BTW, I like the word riff-raff here. ;)

?Actually,? a smooth voice said from behind Aria, ?it is to me that you should bow.?

Hehheh. [face_laugh] He's certainly in his element. I can picture Lady Jy'tari's face quite well now. [face_laugh]

Such a wonderful and stunning beginning, my friend! =D=

I hope you don't mind a slightly longer review that I usually give - if I did it the way I usually do, it would've been too short and certainly undeserving for such an amazing chapter.

Can't wait what happens next! *starts counting the days till the 16th*

Have a nice holiday! [:D]

Crazy

19. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    hey...this really tickled my fancy...put me on the PM list?

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What an intriguing beginning.

What a horrible mother Aria is stuck with. I certainly hope Vader shows her some kindness

Please add me to the PM list [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

jedi7:
    I shall definitely add you! We need more mush around here!

CrazyAni: Hon, I?ve had writers block for the past two years- that?s why I?m here. Actually, the resemblances weren?t supposed to mean anything, if that?s what you were hinting at. Aria?s mother is doing everything she can to make her girl feel insecure, but the table is going to be turned with the appearance of our favorite Dark Lord. Redav? he is going to be rather mysterious in this story, but this is the last time you shall see him acting as thus. Hee? by the look on her face, Lady Jy?tari smelled something rather nasty. Thank you for the kind review!!!

palpyisgod2: I?d be more than happy to add you!

KELIA: Was I supposed to interpret the kindness bit as sarcasm??? *Is confused* I shall add you to my list!

Groupie List: VA_Parky, randomangel22, Kitten, Amidala66, HandmaidenVeme, KELIA

PM List: star_writer24, darksideyesplease, Darth_Father-in-law, Jturtle, Farra_Sti, Gizzi1213, jedi7, palpyisgod2

22. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok, AF, your title dragged me in - and I can't resist your OC... she's awesome and her mother is perfect too... the perfect.. er... wait, I don't think that's sutible for the boards.

add me to your PM list please - I can't wait until your back from your holidays!

23. RavenNolan

RavenNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2006
    Ok. I'm interested. PM me for this one too.

Hehe... I liked the mysterious one's leaving comments here. I can just imagine the look on Lady Jy'tari's face. Perfect since she called him 'rif-raf'.

Still a suitless Vader is never good. Deliciously evil is more like it. =P~

24. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Last Author Replies:

Jade_Max:
    I must admit that I am rather wary of OC?s, but I am going to go out on a limb here and comprise most of my cast for this fic from original characters. Hee? don?t worry- I won?t tell if you have a lapse of? dignified speech. You shall be added to my list!

RavenNolan: Sure thing! Yes, the table is going to be turned swiftly- and Lady Jy?tari is going to get the blunt of it! Amen on the Vader coment!

Groupie List: VA_Parky, randomangel22, Kitten, Amidala66, HandmaidenVeme, KELIA, RavenNolan

PM List: star_writer24, darksideyesplease, Darth_Father-in-law, Jturtle, Farra_Sti, Gizzi1213, jedi7, palpyisgod2, Jade_Max

Chapter Two: Death or Shame

Everyone gathered silently gasped and unanimously moved away from the three people involved.

To this, Lady Jy?tari merely raised a thin eyebrow. ?How very charming,? she murmured in a tone that easily conveyed that she wasn?t the slightest bit amused. ?Very well, Aria- this man wants to be bowed to. You know what to do.?

Unable to find words to protest her mother?s request, the young woman dropped a hasty curtsy before resuming her scrutiny of her dancing partner.

Gone was the shyness he had formerly exhibited- the man?s jaw was tightly clenched and his blue eyes frosty hue. The nervous smile had been replaced with lips curled up in a snarl, and even his dark clothing had taken on a sinister nature.

?Mother?? Aria murmured, her eyes downcast as she tried to warn the woman of the evident danger.

?I would listen to your daughter if I were you,? the tall man whispered, a cold smile gracing his features and of which sent shivers down the young woman?s spine, ?she seems to have the most wisdom of you two.?

Blanching, Aria took a step away from whom she was now feeling was a dangerous man. In all of her years, she had not encountered him despite the fact that he was presumably of importance, something which was becoming increasingly disturbing?

A slight chuckle emitted from his lips. ?I take it that you do not recognize who I am- if you did, you would be begging for forgiveness after treating me so insufferably??

?Being the unwise person that I am,? Lady Jy?tari said coolly, ?it seems that I have had a lapse of memory- what are you called by??

The young woman backed up even further only to find that her worried father stood behind her,

?I am called by one name,? the stranger whispered, ?a name which has the power to destroy planets and bring civilizations to their knees.

?Darth Vader.?

All life seemed to have fled Aria as she all but fainted from this revelation. She surely would have collapsed but for the firm hand that gripped her shoulder.

Darth Vader.

She had danced with the Emperor?s second command, had let him touch her? had even admired him?

Lady Jy?tari turned a deathly shade of white. ?My? my Lord!? she gasped out, clumsily curtsying before the Sith Lord.

He was not interested- his blue eyes flitted over to where Aria stood with her hands over her mouth in shock. ?I might be willing to forget this lapse of dignity for a price? a worthy one indeed.? Vader curled his lips, showing exactly what was on his mind.

The brown-haired woman began to feel helplessly week.

?And what would that price be?? her father asked in a constricted voice, his grip on his daughter increasing.

?I have found your daughter to be quite charming? she would make a great asset to my being,? Vader hissed, beginning to slowly circle about them.

Had she not foreseen this request, Aria surely would have? she didn?t know, but was still filled with intense dread and fear as a gloved hand reached out to lightly cup her chin.

?Yes? I would be willing to forget all? if you give her to me.?

Her desperate brown eyes found Lady Jy?tari?s, silently begging her mother to not give in.

The older woman merely looked at the ground, her bottom lip trembling.

?We will not give away our only child to your? uses,? Lord Jy?tari said firmly though his hand positively quivered. ?The noble house

25. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Wow! The story has taken quite an interesting turn here. It seems that Vader likes Aria, and I'm quite intrigued at how he'll handle her. Poor father--agreeing to give his daughter to the Sith for unknown purposes...

I'm asking myself the backstory of this tale--how did Vader become what he is now? And what about Padme, Obi-Wan? Hmmm.

I'm sorry for an incredibly short review (at least for my standards)--I'm too scatter-brained now to form anything coherent. But I loved every bit of it. :)

Wonderful work as always, my friend! =D= =D= =D=

CrazyAni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.