main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Consort (Suitless Vader, Angst/Romance) IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- THANK YOU!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh man, it was incredibly fun to see Aria's mother get what was coming to her, but on the other hand... her poor father. [face_worried] What a horrific situation to be in - you conveyed his reluctance beautifully, Padawan!

I also like the language you're using in this for your dialogue. It's formal and yet there is a dangeous undertone to it. Wonderful! It really adds to the eerie atmosphere of the story!

And yay! I'm a groupie! =D= :D

2. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    You're back [face_dancing]!!!!

I hope you had a wonderful loooong time off :p!!!

I must say Vader's had his eye on Aria for a quite some time eh [face_worried]...

3. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    Poor Aria. She doesn't have much choice does she.

4. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    You're back!

This was great. I can't even imagine being put in such a position.

Great job.

5. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I love how you are portraying Vader in this story so far. He is so evil that he is cool!!!

I would hate to be in Aria's position no matter how good looking he is.[face_worried]

You certainly haven't lost your touch!!
    Great job.

Wednesday can't come soon enough.

6. RavenNolan

RavenNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2006
    Cool! I'm a groupie now. [face_dancing] Thanks for the PM.

It was fun to see Lady Jy'tari get a good dose of Vader's anger, but poor Aria seemed scared out of her wits. I felt sorry for her father though. Poor man didn't quite deserve Vader's threat.

Interesting how he goes from the shy person he appeared to be and then to the domineering person he really is.

I am curious about the backstory for Vader here. How do the people know what he looks like if he was wearing the suite for some time. Also, how did he get his fear-inspiring reputation?

I'm curious to know if you will be doing some PM only sections. Hoping you will. [face_praying] If so let me know.

7. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Neat! Please add me to the PM list. You've seriously got me hating the mother in this story. [face_blush]

8. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Lady Jy?tari's not smiling now, is she!

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh how chilling.

What a horrible position Vader put Aria's parents in...:mad: :mad: :mad:

At least Aria spared them the guilt of having to make that choice.

great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Aria's been placed in between a rock and a hardplace... [face_worried] It's interesting to see her mother get what's coming to her *smirk* and Anakin's playing at being a nervous boy ;) But, I'm really curious now about just why he's singled her out...

Thanks for the PM :D

11. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Very interesting so far, I'm looking forward to seeing where this will go. Could you please add me to your PM list?

12. Kitten

Kitten Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    Poor Aria :(. She must be pretty brave to agree to go off with the infamous Lord Vader!

13. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

CrazyAni:
    He *wants* Aria- I don?t think he has any true interest in her. The family is caught between a rock and a hard spot? and I don?t think they?ll like their situation either way. All shall be revealed in good time, and don?t worry about the quality of your reply- they always mean a lot to me!

VA_Parky: Yes, the tables didn?t shift nicely here. Thank you for the kind words- I?m still seeing how this shall unfold!

randomangel22: Ah, yes? it was such fun hanging around doing nothing? just kidding. I was SO busy it wasn?t even funny. Actually, he just saw her and is determined to conquer? but for how long will she hold his interest?

Farra_Sti: Well, there are choices, but none of them are that pleasant.

Jturtle: Thank you! After considering throwing myself at Vader, I?d be quite lost too!

Amidala66: *Slobbers over cranky Vader* Thank you for the sweet words, my friend!

RavenNolan: No problem! It is going to be interesting to see how this unfolds? her parent?s reactions, ect. Vader is a great manipulator- and he?s already gotten her pity albeit momentarily. I don?t do PM-only sections, though there will probably be some places that I?ll point out are for mature audiences? but we shall see.

rb657062: Hee! My mission is accomplished! I shall add you to the list!

HandmaidenVeme: Quite the opposite, my dear!

KELIA: Yes, but is Aria going to be able to live with herself for her actions? and what all shall ensue.

Jade_Max:
    We shall see how her mother reacts- and if she really cares, though I think she secretly does. He singled her out because she was attractive and powerful? perfect for his own personal uses.

Kelli_LB: Thank you, friend! I?ll add you to my list!

Kitten: Actually, she just wasn?t left with any other choices!

PM List: If you ever wish to be added or taken off my list, just let me know!

VA_Parky, randomangel22, Kitten, Amidala66, HandmaidenVeme, KELIA, RavenNolan, star_writer24, darksideyesplease, Darth_Father-in-law, Jturtle, Farra_Sti, Gizzi1213, jedi7, palpyisgod2, Jade_Max, rb657062, Kelli_LB

Of importance? I have decided to drop one of my fics for the time beings and use the Wednesday slot to regularly update this story.

This story shall contain adult themes- obviously, Vader is going to use the young woman for his own questionable purposes. This is going to follow in light of Mon Aimé with taboo subjects and occasional warnings, but rest assured- there shall be romance and plenty of angst.

Now, all we need to do is wait for Wednesday!

AF

14. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    What a fascinating update! I'm really liking this story and the characterizations you have made.

?Yes? I would be willing to forget all? if you give her to me.?

Umm...Wouldn't want to be Aria. Vader is so different from Anakin...He is really dangerous and creepy person with all of his hatred and rough power. I'm not sure does he still remember how to treat a woman...And like Amidala66 said, it doesn't matter how good-looking a man is if his nature is bad. I hope all the best (or worse [face_devil] ) to Aria.

Awesome chapter! I'm looking forward for more. :)

15. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    great update, i meant to reply sooner. can't wait till wed.

16. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Last Author Replies:

Darth_Father-in-law:
    Thank you! Your confidence in my work means a lot to me- I generally keep away from OC?s. Methinks you ladies are reading my mind here on Vader? hotness doesn?t make him alright (well, maybe).

darksideyesplease: Think nothing of it- I am perfectly dreadful when it comes to replying!

Okay, on a side note, there has been some confusion about all of the stories I?m working on. When I first started here, I promised to never drop a fic? but I have in the past few weeks. There are different reasons for each, namely that I couldn?t continue on boring my readers with posts that I find annoying. Because of this, my posting schedule has changed- those of you who follow literally all of my stories should consult my bio for further information.

Chapter Three: Not Even a Father?s Love

If Aria had expected her mother to react with grief to the loss of her only child, she was sorely disappointed. Shamed, Lady Jy?tari refused to even look at her daughter and gave the impression that only a smelly animal sought her attention.

Her father, on the contrary, was certainly not pleased by the sinful lot that had been thrust upon the young woman, but was determined to stay by her side during the few days that remained. On her few remaining afternoons with her family, Aria took walks through the garden with her father. Lord Jy?tari paced alongside her, leaning heavily on his cane as neither spoke. Occasionally, it seemed as if he were about to say something but would remain silent- shame prevented him from speaking.

This was what hurt Aria the most.

Because of this, only her father was there to see her off on that fateful day. As had become the habit, he stood there musing over some internal turmoil while taking no notice of his flesh and blood.

Aria waited nervously, fingering the sleeves of her new red cloak.

Red is? sin

Sniffling away a tear, she looked up at her father. ?Father? please say something, anything??

A cynical smile crossed Lord Jy?tari?s lips before he searched in his cloak for something- a tissue, perhaps? ?Weeks before your presentation, I knew that you would be taken away from us- if not so soon. I? I composed words of guidance for you and your future husband, but?? he trailed off as his dark eyes glistened with tears, ?but I have no words of wisdom for a courtesan.?

At this, her tears began to flow as the young woman?s face crumpled and she placed a soothing hand on his trembling arm. ?No matter what path I might take, I shall always be your daughter.

?But which is worse- a dead daughter or one that is in shame??

No reply could be given except for more heartbroken tears.

This sorrow softened her father?s features, and he seemed to rebuke himself for such gruffness. ?Yes? and I will always be a father to a lost child.? From within his pocked, Lord Jy?tari finally procured a piece of tattered parchment that looked as if it had been carried along for quite some time. ?Take this? you might need it someday if that is where the roads of fate lead you.?

Dread fell like a heavy weight in Aria?s stomach as she took the snippet with trembling hands. ?Maybe you should keep it in case that day does come,? she smiled through her glistening tears. Her lips quivered, giving way as yet another terrible sob overcame the young woman. In mere moments, she was being embraced by her father for the last time. ?I can?t go,? the unfortunate victim wept, clutching at her sire?s cloak as if that alone would prevent the inevitable.

?You must follow the path which you have chosen.?

Something in her father?s voice caused Aria to wipe away her tears and stand erect. ?Give mother my love for me. She? she would not hear me.?

Despite the bittersweet nature of the moment, the man snorted derisively. ?I think she can hear you? but chose to not listen.?

This caused her to genuinely smile, but this moment was harshly interrupted by the sounds of a landing spacecraft.

Gulping, she watched as a small cr

17. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh, poor Aria. I can't help but feel sorry for her - it's not really her fault that she's in such a horrible position. And then to only have a few days with her father before she's taken away...? :_| *sniffle* I can't imagine what that would be like - probably the most ominous countdown ever.

Another great chapter! I really like your OC - she seems like such a good-hearted person. I hope she is able to stay that way after being in Vader's presence. [face_worried]

Wonderful job!

18. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Heart-breaking :_|

Aria is stuck in such a situation that her parent's can't understand or don't wish to understand - and they can't even give her guidance or warning! Her mother gets everything that's coming to her - her father's a sad man. It's a sad day when, despite you're losing a child, you can't admit to loving that child even if they're to be placed in a position of shame.

The title for this chapter was very well chosen.

I'm really curious to see who's awaiting Aria now, though, and why it's not Anakin - not to mention if she's just been kidnapped by someone who wants to keep her away from him [face_thinking]

Nice update - thanks for the PM![face_peace]

19. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    That was so heartbreaking, she has been put in such a horrible position and not even her parents will try to comfort her. Her father did try a little more than her mother, but he even said that he would have preferred her dead than being a courtisan.

I wonder who those people were at the end of the chapter, and I can't wait to find out. Great job.

20. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Aw man why did you have to end it right there [face_skull]!!

I wanna know who the two dudes are inside [face_whistling]...

Great job =D=!!

21. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    good update, anxiously awaiting to see who is waiting for her.

22. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    good update.

23. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Great.

I'm starting to not like the father too much though.

Can't wait to see where you're going with this.

24. RavenNolan

RavenNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2006
    Vader certainly has put Aria in a bad position here. Leaving her shamed to her family is not good. Of course, her mother needs a good slap up beside her head. At least her father was trying to be there for her even if he didn't really know how.

Odd how Vader is not the one to come for her, and who are these two men waiting for her? What a way to leave us hanging. :p

25. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Poor Aria: she did what she had to do and now her parents are being so cruel to her.:mad:

I hope that they pay for that somehow. ( I am feeling vengeful tonight)

I gotta wait until next week to find out who the men were. :_|

Great job AF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.