main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga The Consort (Suitless Vader, Angst/Romance) IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- THANK YOU!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Wonderful post, I am intrigued by this connection that she has to Anakin and Vader. I really want to read more. Great work!

About updating, I don't really have much of a preference, but seeing as how you want reader input, you could do the combined PM thing. Whatever you decide is fine.

2. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awesome update! I am so curious as to what Aria's dream meant... Hmmm.. Maybe Vader's mental connection with her goes both ways. He could have opened some sort of passageway between the two of them. So, not only can he see into her mind, but she can see into his...? Am I making any sense? Probably not - it's been a long day!

I still really find myself liking Myah. She's a cool character - and I'm glad that Aria has someone to talk to. I'm hoping that they are able to form some sort of a close friendship. Aria could use that, I think.

Great chapter! We're really digging deep into the story now. Awesome!

As for updates - my vote is for you to do whatever is easiest for you! :D

3. RavenNolan

RavenNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2006
    Sorry I haven't reviewed in a while. DRL has only been letting me lurk here and there. I still love the story, though. I'll have to give you a more concise outlook on my thoughts a bit later, but I did want you to know that I'm still interested.

As for how you will post during your hiatus I'm good with you either posting by Fridays or giving us a full list of which stories are updated weekly. I'll keep looking for updates regardless. Thanks for all the PM's. Keep posting more.

4. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Hm... thinking about everything that's happened so far. Did he pick Aria because she somewhat resembles a certain someone? From what Myah said it seems that could be the case which could also be why Obi-wan and Bail were speechless when they first meet her. Just wondering.

This bond she now has could really help her to understand Vader and help put an end to her fears it might also help to soften that knuckleheaded Sith Lord she's married to as well.

Great update!!

As for your hiatus, you should do whatever's easiest for you but you know that if you ever need any help...after all I now have experience :).

(I'll be gone 05/22-05/31 though.)

5. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Amazing update! I tend to like Myah more and more, especially that she seems to be genuiely concerned about Aria. Is it possible that Aria could have gotten pregnant? Hmmm.

As for the dream, I'm very curious what it meant. Mesa, being a hoper for a humane Vader, hopes that Aria subconsciously saw the good part of his... He had been good once, even in your story.

And the harsh awakening... my pet. Urgh! I'm also very curious if Vader could somehow know what she dreamt about, and where she was.

As always, a beatifully detailed chapter! I'd love to say more about it, but I have sooo little time...

Have fun on your hiatus! As for the PM list, do whatever is easier for you. I'll miss you. ;)

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW.

I'm amazed Vader decided to return to Vijun for Aria...something tells me he has ulterior motives.

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

That was some dream she had...or is Vader trying to convince her he's really a softie at heart?

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

As for the updates, whatever is easiest for you. I'm fine with receiving a PM listing all your stories and picking what I read. :)

7. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Well, that was a bit creepy [face_skull] with Myah suggesting that maybe Aria is pregnant [face_worried].

And glad to see Anakin make an appearance, but then Vader had to screw it all up and ruin everything...again :rolleyes:.

And for your updating on stories I think you should just update on Fridays and then people can find it on the page since they'd all be on the same page. I know PM's are a mother so it would take a long time to send them out [face_peace].

8. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    Idea 1 plz

9. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I am perfectly fine with however you chose to send out pms!!! and great post!!!!!!!!! exciting. can't wait for more!!

Brittney

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ack! Is Aria seeing the future, that Vader will evenutally soften towads her [face_thinking] Or is it just whisful thinking on her part? Is she dreaming as a way to escape - only to realize she's trapped in a nightmare of her own making and there is no escape? [face_thinking] Hmmm... things to ponder.

As for updates: Whatever is easiest for you. I can always look for updates on Fridays - which is easier and less time consuming than handing out PMs! :) Enjoy your summer!

11. IsithTorin_DarkJedi

IsithTorin_DarkJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    ?He was quite intrigued by what you cried out when becoming unconscious.? So am I , and I'm also curious about the connection between Aria and Vader and what that dream has to do with it.

Wonderful update =D= .

I would pick either choice 1 or 4, but what ever is easiest for you is fine with me :) . Keep up the great work.

12. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Reply

Jturtle:
    Yes, that was a dream she had. Yes, the dream is pivotal- Aria now knows how Vader can be? if he chooses, and what all she?s missing out on.

Kitten:
    Aww! Thank you! I will still be updating, of course, but just won?t have that handy-dandy schedule I follow.

Kelli_LB: The connection is interesting- and not necessarily anything she wants either!

VA_Parky: Yes! Now that I think about it, it can best be compared to Harry Potter- the connection between him and Voldemort. Yes, even though I?m rather distrusting of Myah myself, having her around can be a good thing- she is the symbol of a nice shoulder to lean on in this story.

RavenNolan: Oh, that?s okay- I?m in the clutches of both DWB, DRL, and Darth Coming Finals all at once as we speak. I hope you haven?t gotten it that bad! I?m glad you?re enjoying this!

HandmaidenVeme: Well, if I were to answer all of your comments/questions, there would be no point to the story! Yes, she needs to send him soothing thoughts, calm him down a bit?

CrazyAni: Conception takes more than a day, and unless she?s been with another man (which she denied and was proven at the beginning when it talked about how sheltered she was). I just *had* to throw in the ?pet? bit? what a rude awakening! Vader definitely suspects- why else would he drop everything to go to Vjun?!

KELIA: It?s Vader- could you expect anything less?! I wouldn?t place any money upon him trying to convince hers a softy- through this connection, did he even want her to see that? or did it just happen?!

randomangel22: Well, that shows how little people trust her! Yes, I had to ruin the shirtless Anakin moment- it really was too good to last!

palpyisgod2: Thank you for your input, my friend. *Gasps* You?re a Pink Five fan too?!

Jedi-Roxy: Here comes more as we speak, my friend!

Jade_Max: Actually, none of those. Through their bond, Vader accidentally showed that he had once been a good person. He will be sure to be more careful?

IsithTorin_DarkJedi: Don?t worry, all shall be explained- but later on after you all have sufficiently agonized over it!

PM List: If you ever wish to be added or taken off my list, just let me know!

VA_Parky, randomangel22, Kitten, Amidala66, HandmaidenVeme, KELIA, RavenNolan, star_writer24, darksideyesplease, Darth_Father-in-law, Jturtle, Farra_Sti, Gizzi1213, jedi7, palpyisgod2, Jade_Max, rb657062, Kelli_LB, IsithTorin_DarkJedi, Jedi-Roxy, Darth_Drachonus, Padme22

Chapter 13: Lord Vader's Request

In that brief moment, Aria became aware of her revealing nightgown and hastily pulled the blankets up to cover her chest.

Giving her a bored look though he?d undoubtedly been scrutinizing her for quite some time, Vader sighed as if burdened and rested back in his push chair, his arms languidly hanging off the sides of it. ?I received the most interesting report from Lady Myah??

?Yes, my Lord??

?Do I really frighten you that much?? he asked without though the Sith obviously knew this answer. Long fingers tapped his knee as if he had many important things that needed to be done- and that tending to a sickly wife wasn?t one of them.

Forcing her doe-like brown eyes to fall to the mesmerizing swirls of her blankets, Aria trembled. Despite her fright, she continued to clutch the blankets to her face, not wanting him to see her in such a state. ?No, my Lord.?

?I do not appreciate liars, my pet.?

Flushing further, the young woman hung her head.

?And, while we are on the subject of betrayers, what was that you were saying about a child and being strangled??

Gasping, Aria looked up with horror written on her face. ?But I never said anything about being strangled!?

She had not intended to say those words aloud, and upon hearing her voice echoing over the empty room, the young woman realized her grave error and expected a swift retribution. Her legs began to shake and, had she been standing, the bride

13. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Oh, what a wonderful post!

First, I loved the beginning - so much tension, and Aria's discomfort was nearly palpable.

So, the two of them share a bond now? So very interesting! I hope that it will allow Aria to get to know Vader better even if she seems to be reluctant to. I know I would be. ;)

?And, while we are on the subject of betrayers, what was that you were saying about a child and being strangled??

Gasping, Aria looked up with horror written on her face. ?But I never said anything about being strangled!?

She had not intended to say those words aloud, and upon hearing her voice echoing over the empty room, the young woman realized her grave error and expected a swift retribution. Her legs began to shake and, had she been standing, the bride would have collapsed out of weakness.

Had the young woman been looking at the Dark Lord, she would have witnessed the way he paled.

My heart beat faster at this little sequence... as meaningless as it may be.

The blanket she?d previously clutched to her breast pooled forgotten on her lap. In horror, the young bride watched as her husband?s silhouette picked up the smaller one.

?Have you been good to your mother while I was away?? Vader asked, kissing the little boy?s cheek.?

Sitting there, Aria could only repeat over and over in her mind This cannot be happening- it can?t be what it seems. Yet, there was no denying the joy in the child?s laugh as he was embraced by the Sith and interacted with as a son?

I loved Vader interacting with his son, and Aria witnessing it!

This story is getting more and more intersting with each chapter! There are so many possiblities it can go, but each chapter destroyes the little scenario I create. What do you think of updating twice a week? [face_batting]

=D= =D= =D=

CrazyAni

14. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Another fan-tabulous post! Love seeing the interaction between Vader and Aria. Whether he wants to admit it or not, it seems Aria is getting under Vader's skin. It's going to take awhile, of course, but even the longest journey begins with a single step, right?

Here's hoping he starts taking more of them!

Myah's warm reception towards Vader was interesting. There doesn't seem to be any romantic feelings there, just a certain amount of friendliness. I'm hoping she'll be able to give Aria some more background about Vader's past.

Great job! Woohoo! =D=

15. IsithTorin_DarkJedi

IsithTorin_DarkJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2007
    Great post =D= !

It took her all the strength she had to say this, but the young woman decided that it would be best to try to humor him than to hide secrets- and eventually pay the price for them. ?My Lord, I am going to be blatantly honest- and perhaps foolishly so- but you do frighten me,? Aria whispered, noticing him fidget out of the corner of her eye. ?You took me from my family and all that was familiar to me only to place me in a less than honorable position- even if I were to not fear your power, I would still live in fear due to uncertainty.? This said, she hung her head further and bit her lip.

Yay =D= for Aria. She's begining to speak her mind.

The gloved fingers continued to drum on the edge of the chair?s arm. ?I have important things to tend to,? the Dark Lord announced, his features tight as he stood up and smoothed out his cloak. ?I request your presence tonight, Lady Vader.?

Wow, that went a lot better than it could have. Vader's reaction makes me think that Aria may have hit a nerve.

I loved to see the softer side of Vader with his son and Myah [face_love] . Maybe he isn't so bad after all [face_praying] ...

16. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Okay, here I must intervene and confuse you all further...

Is Vader really that child's father?! Or, is he just the closest think that Dak has to a father figure?

This post wasn't supposed to make you all feel warm and cuddly...

*relurks*

17. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ok, Vader really gave me the chills in that post, despite his interactions with Myah and her boy. I'm not entierly sure why, but it's almost like multipule personality syndrome - Vader can switch moods faster than I flick a light switch - that or he's just become very adept at hiding what it is that he feels. Which I suspect is the real reason.

Hmm, so Vader accidentally showed Aria he used to be a nice person. Makes me wonder if she'll realize that eventually and see this for what it is. Dreams that are beyond her reach.

And interesting predicament - transfering his abilities to her by their physical bonds. Interesting, interesting... [face_thinking]

[:D] Hugh thank you to your helpers! having someone send out PMs is much easier than doing them yourself :)

18. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Great post.

Just adding more fuel to the fire.

Can't believe Vader would sink that low though I must admit, he seems to have a very mixed up love life...

19. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Aria chose well in being upfront with Vader and I think that eventually her honesty in this will help Vader see her in a different light.

Man, just when I thought I had it all figured out you added that last post!

Is Vader really that child's father?! Or, is he just the closest think that Dak has to a father figure?

It really got me thinking (which in turn caused the smoke detectors in the house to go off)...maybe Vader really is Daks father and maybe Myah is his pretend Mommy...[face_thinking]
    *rushes off to reset smoke detectors*

20. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005
    Ok, that post made me feel better...

Interesting question...maybe Dak was adopted?

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oooohhhh that was chilling.

Vader transferring anything to an unknowning and unsuspecting Aria is down right frightening.

I see Dak has been trained in how to properly act around him...poor kid.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    First of all I love this fic. :) The child calling Vader Poppa, and Vader interacting as if he is a son? well curiousity is killing me:confused: . 7

23. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    Good updates. I look forward to seeing where this is going. As I don't get on all the time I'd probably forget about the fic if I don't get PM'd about updates

24. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Great job on the chappies!!!
    I really enjoy reading them.

:)

25. AnakinsFavorite

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

CrazyAni:
    Wow! I am so glad you?re enjoying this- and I know how it is for you. No, this bond is not a good thing and will not prove to be anything beneficial to them. Updating twice a week??! Ack! You ask the impossible of me!

VA_Parky: *Laughs* He?s going to need to take a very long walk? and I still have yet to decide whether I want to redeem him or not- and even if I were to, he wouldn?t be of the ?Light.? We?ll see about Myah and him as the story progresses? but keep a close eye on them both.

IsithTorin_DarkJedi: Thank you! I hope you continue to enjoy this! Unfortunately, that shall be one of the last times we see ?innocent Aria?- she won?t be speaking her mind for quite some time. No! Vader is still evil- the fact that she had seen him once good was a mistake? there is no good left in him! You MUST trust me on that one!

Jade_Max: Yes, that is a scary aspect of him? and one that shall progress as we go along. The less the stability, the creepier it can be- Aria won?t know what to expect from him. Vader really doesn?t think like a rational being. Yes, this is going to give her hope? until she realizes that it was really just a dream.

Jturtle: I think we have a nice roaring fire now! Love life? that?s not the part I?m worried about here! He?s got worse problems?

HandmaidenVeme: I just had to intervene- that post shouldn?t have given you all warm fuzzies! Hee! Did I stump you there?! *Laughs* You might want to check those smoke detectors- the answers to this are coming!

palpyisgod2:
    No, I can honestly tell you that he wasn?t adopted! Nice guess, though!

KELIA:
    I?m kind of torn about who to worry about the most- Dak or Aria. That poor kid has it so hard?

jedi7: Well, consider the fact that Dak might have been taught what to say, how to act?

Farra_Sti: Don?t worry, my friend- I have a plan!

Amidala66: Hello, my friend! I was worried about you! I hope your ankle gets better- take your time in healing, okay?!

Chapter 14: The First Night

It wasn?t until that night that Myah reentered into Aria?s room, but it was then for the most ironic of tasks- preparing the young woman for her second night with the Sith Lord. Even then, she didn?t speak to her but immediately rushed towards the drawers and began sorting through the nightgowns and other necessities.

She?d had hours to agonize over it, yet the young woman wasn?t sure of whether she should hate her better or beg her to rationalize with Vader. As she sat there
    watching Myah sort through her belongings, Aria decided to pretend that she hadn?t seen or heard anything. ?Is it time??

Startled, the taller woman momentarily stopped to look at her. ?And you?re nearly late.?

Blanching, she climbed out of bed and shakily undressed, feeling nauseous once more. ?Do you think he believed me when I said that I had never been touched by another man??

Feeling rather self-conscious, she clutched onto the canopy bed?s banister, wanting the other?s comfort in light of her current situation all the while wanting to scream at her for deception. Holding her hands over her head, she allowed herself to be dressed into a flowing white nightgown.

?Well, he has no reason to doubt you.?

When it seemed that the other woman was disinclined to talk, Aria searched for something else to speak of. ?You have a very precious son,? she said softly, concentrating on the woodwork. ?Is he much like his father??

For a moment, the features upon Myah?s face softened, and she paused in her proceedings to adopt a distant look in her eyes. ?He has his moments? but he?s actually much more? passive.?

Something pummeled within her stomach and, for a moment, she feared getting sick all over the bed. That would make a good impression?

?He is dead.?

?Dead?? Aria stammered, not sure if she?d heard her companion correctly. Her hands began to shake.

Myah nodded and resumed her habit of not looking at her. ?Five years. I was abou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.