main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Corellian Express

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Chukles38, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    Were the Battle of Yavin to have occurred, it would be just over two centuries since Luke Skywalker had loosed that fateful torpedo into the exhaust port of the first Death Star. Instead, his aunt and uncle lived long lives. No droids crashed onto the sand of Tatooine. The young Skywalker never left his desert homeworld. That’s not to say that much hadn’t happened in place of the momentous events of which you may be familiar. Lord Vader rebelled against his master, supplanted him as emperor, abolished the Rule of Two, crushed the budding rebellion, and began a reign of the Sith that would last one hundred and fifty years. He, Palpatine’s most trusted servant, betrayed his master for power only to be betrayed by his own apprentices many years later. Treachery was ever within the orders of the Sith.

Thus the Alliance of Sith under The Order of Four was born. Four generals did what Vader never suspected.They placed aside their squabbling and allied against their master. Many expected the Sith warlords to collapse back into chaos within a few short years. Their reign lasted eighty years. Though the four founders were replaced, the ideals that bound the Sith together persisted. The empire ruled the known galaxy in fear and terror. Then, nearly one hundred years ago, the scattered dust of the rebellion--once thought by Vader himself to be no more--revealed itself as a mighty force of justice. In two short years the Alliance of Sith crumbled. Targeted attacks by the rebellion coupled with the skillful assassination of The Order of Four crippled the once great body of the Sith.

Kale Elysar, operating under the pseudonym of Darth Kanor, orchestrated internal assaults that drove spikes through the cracks in the Sith alliance. Though they presented a united front, the Alliance of Sith had grown strained, and could not sustain the assaults from both without and within. The Sith government collapsed and gave way to the Oligarchy. Consisting of Masters Elysar, Breebain, and Nortik as well as Generals Karn and Leejo, the Oligarchy took control of the Rebellion’s efforts after the collapse of the Sith leadership. The five heroes pulled together alliances of systems opposed to the Sith rule. Officially, the war soon ended, though the battle with the Sith separatists would last for decades.

Ten years the Oligarchy oversaw the new galactic government while engaging the Sith as their enemies withdrew further from the Core. At the battle of Karazak, the Sith were defeated in a final stand against the ever growing forces of the Oligarchy. Peace achieved, it was time to look to a more permanent governing arrangement. The past decade had been spent in negotiations for a new constitution, and now that the threat of another Sith incursion was neutralized, the time had come for the formation of The New Republic. A senate was formed and the Oligarchy stepped down. The Jedi Masters organized the new Jedi Order while General Karn was elected the first Supreme Chancellor of the New Republic. In the decades since, peace and prosperity have reigned as the whole galaxy came willingly into the fold of the New Republic.

The Centennial Celebration

One hundred years since the fall of the Order of Four--the end of the Alliance of Sith--fast approaches. The galaxy has witnessed an unprecedented century of growth. The Jedi Order, defenders of the New Republic, flourishes and with their aid the Senate has maintained order and prosperity. The scars of the Old War remain. Coruscant is still rebuilding while the capital of the New Republic, Corellia, has grown beyond recognition. Myrkr too has taken its place in the galactic scene. Once the headquarters for the rebellion, it later served as the capital for the Oligarchy before the founding of the New Republic required a more developed planet. Still, the prominence had left its mark. The once wild forests that dominated the planet have since been pushed back by civilization, and the planet now serves as a powerful political seat as well as a trade hub.

With such prosperity, it was only right that in celebration for the centennial of the collapse of the Alliance of Sith be an affair grander than any in the history of the galaxy. No gala seemed fitting, and cruise liners were a hardly unique enough a venue for a celebration of such magnitude. Therefore the government allied with several prominent cruise lines to create an unheard of mode of transport. Together, they have created The Corellian Express.

Inspired by long ago antiquated terrestrial vehicles, The Corellian Express is a cruise liner larger than any ever theorized. It is constructed by compartments linked together, each capable of sustained interstellar travel if so required. It is designed to link to hyperspace rails, beacons placed along a safe trail that will automatically reorient to keep the pathway clear for the train as it approaches. The science is revolutionary, and it has been years in the making. It will be a celebration to never forget.

The Corellian Express

As for the train itself, it is difficult to imagine more opulence assembled in a single place. Were it possible for a venue to earn a six star rating, it would. The finest in cuisine and comfort from all across the galaxy and for all species is represented on board. Even the shabbiest rooms would rival most five star hotels. The service is impeccable, and the security is above reproach. One week before the Centennial Celebration, The Corellian Express will begin its maiden voyage, as well as the two week long party aboard it.

The train runs nonstop from Corellia to Myrkr. With the technologies involved, it is possible to make the run in far less time than any hyperdrive before. However, the train is designed to take the scenic route, entering and exiting hyperspace to allow for the most impressive views anywhere near the path. The entire trip is an experience, at its core, and if a passenger leaves unimpressed the crew will be greatly astonished.

The Game

Rooms aboard The Corellian Express are, to put it simply, expensive. The cheapest cabins cost more than an average family will see in a year, whereas the highest end might well cost more than the average being will make in a lifetime. Due to the massive publicity blitz leading up to the maiden voyage, however, free tickets were awarded through a variety of sweepstakes and competitions. This first trip will house all manner of individuals. Poor, rich, famous or unknown, the players--that’s you--can be whomever they please. Sky’s the limit, barring my approval. Either way, you are along for the ride of the century. Is it for business or pleasure? That’s your call.

For the most part the game is an open world, and players are free to roam about and do what they will. I will update every Tuesday, with any minor interactions required thrown in when necessary. There is, of course, an overriding plot which I will be implementing as we move along, but the main focus is to create a character and explore them as you see fit. Speaking of which:

The Character Sheet

The following is a template of recommended information. You are welcome to go as in depth as you desire.

Name:
    Species:
    Appearance:
    Brief Biography:

The Rules

I will keep them simple. At its core this game is intended to have fun. I won’t bother mentioning the general suite of niceties we should all be observing. Instead….

1. Character sheets are pmed to me for approval.
    2. Exercise respect in all in and out of game interactions.
    3. Have fun. Like, have a blast, please. That’s why we all do this.

I appreciate the interest you’ve thus shown. Any questions, comments, concerns or criticisms you have, feel more than free to direct them my way. You’ll find I am very approachable. My job, in addition to directing your adventures, is to facilitate a pleasurable experience. I hope to see you soon, and in a spurt of optimism, welcome aboard The Corellian Express.

Darth Ukendt likes this.