main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Costume Parade!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Be careful of the shoe size. Hong Kong types tend to be small cutting.

Like I'm Bata/Nike/Whatever size 7 but for HK made shoes, my feet size can go up to Size 10! :eek:

2. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Hmmm. Dunno...my sports shoes now are a kid's size 6 (they fit just nice - meaning that my toes hurt when I run), my school shoes are a size 6, and I can wear a ladies' size 8 or 9...about 25 or 26cm lah.

Can't they just standardise everything... [face_plain]

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm icic..

Well, maybe let u try if got the chance. Dunno if we're still meeting this sunday

4. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    This Sunday, what time? I said I could go, but I totally forgot about ORA Family Day. I might still be able to make it...what time?

5. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Haha. How big is the opening at the top? Wait cannot fit... :p

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    What is ORA Family DAy? Anyway it depends on DE, cos she said she'd be the host hehe :D. I'm free this sunday, so I'm fine.

The opening is quite big la..even I can go in, only the base won't fit! But, if u have slim legs, like SuperModel, then it prob won't be tight..maybe wearing pants will help.

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    How is the costume coming for those having their specially made? Ready for May 16th?

My Padme Amidala is almost completed. Now only need to settle the Gun Holster and Shin Guards. For the pouched on her belt, I gave up sewing it close by hand by the 2nd pouch (there are 3 pouches altogether). Luckily the double sided tape come to the rescue. :D

Handmaided Maroon Robe, need to close the bottom part and paint the Amidala Symbols on the front. If anyone not have costume, can wear this one. ;)

Okay, back to work. :p

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'll be wearing Jedi costume on evening of 16th. Lacking of a robe though..so anyone who has an extra robe or know where to get one which resembles that of a Jedi, pls pls lend it to me~ URGENT! :_|

9. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Sorry, JaZzYjaZZ, I don't have an extra, but if I see something that resembles it, I'll let you know.

I'm going to 'collect' and try on my costume today. Wish me luck. ;) :D

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    GOOD luck! Looks like the no. of female jedi will outnumber the male haha :D

Anyone else have a robe?

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Err, we only got 1 female Jedi on May 16th, right? Unless Hazel is also dressing up as a Jedi. ;)

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh? What about Delight? Or is she not going? [face_blush]

13. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Mmmm...I love it. :D

A few minor problems but it doesn't really matter. :D I hope the boots that I'll wear have thick soles, otherwise the hem of the brown robe will be really dragging on the floor...and a 'Jedi' tripping over her own clothes isn't very dignified. ;)

And I really, really hope that it won't be hot that evening. [face_plain] :D

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I hope it doesn't rain..that's the most important, cos after all we're watching in the evening/night :D.

Sigh, still no robe...I'll look horrible

15. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Delight is going to the midnight show....

*wonders if Delight is mad enough to go for both.... ermm... probably not*

16. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Delight - Dressing up? :D

17. RisingAdela

RisingAdela Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    I already saw my sis's costume

i think she does not need to wear boots.

The ropes are so long it covers her feet

[face_laugh]

I'm not dressing up or anything

But i'm wearing a Star Wars T-shirt

18. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Adel - Star Wars T-shirt? Your TPM one? :p

What does not wearing boots have to do with the robes being long...? The robes are open at the front what...so the boots still can see... ::rolls eyes:: :D

19. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, Thursday is fast approaching... :D

Is the plan for an actual costume parade still on?

(What exactly is the costume parade anyway...just strolling through Orchard Road showing off costumes? :p)

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yup, I think that's the plan, and the tickets are booked for 7:15pm. I think should let DE arrange the time, but if it starts too early I won't be able to make it (school, sigh)

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Do you think I should attempt to convert my "Darth Maul" suit(shirts only) into this version?
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/c2/c2-hasb_14.jpg]
    I can just paste some red ribbons on it for now. :eek: And I can wear my track pants and rush the tabbards, Obi quickly in time for Zouk Party or later; I think. :p

Now where can I get/rent the full Mask cheaply. . . . :D (Pity I can't paint my face cause very sweaty and my hair very long. ;) )

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Wah I've never seen Darth Maul like that before, but I think if u do dress up like that, you'd look special and stick out of the crowd. Which is gd! :D

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    There's this shop in the resort near Escape Theme Park that sells toys and stuff. They sold plastic Darth Maul masks, not sure what you consider a 'full' mask though. But I don't know whether it's still there, 'cos I went there last year.

I got a Darth Maul coin bank and a Anakin/Sebulba pencil holder there too. :)

24. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    So D.E r we going to parade on Thursday? Will it be before or after the show. If its after wouldnt it be too late. Say Nod r u dressing up too? Your hair's long enough to cut a Jedi's hairstyle.

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I can offer my "Official" Jedi Padawan's (OB1's) Jedi Braid. Or you can use the few extra braid clipped to a hair clip I bought for my Padme Naberries Tatooine. ;)

For the Parade, it'll be before the show in the evening. And a little warning: Drink a lot of water and dispose off all minor by-products so you wouldn't be dehydrated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.