main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG The Costume Parade!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JaZzYjaZZ, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha if the braids fit my hair colour, can I wear then? :D

What time is the parade gonna start?

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    OB1's and Anakin's(very Short) are brownish but my "Padme's" braids are black.

3. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - Ok, maybe can just try out on that day :D

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    You can braid black/dark brown thread and tie it to your hair...doesn't look very real, but it's better than nothing, if you really want to go as a Padawan.

Too bad Adela won't let me use her hair. :( :D [face_laugh]

5. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Use her hair? Haha..u mean u gonna cut her hair? Won't she "kill" u? :D

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL! No need to cut anyone's hair, lah! If you search hard enough, you can still find those black braids attached to a small hair clip in the Hair Accesories Shops like Aries or Sigma(sp?). But I got some to spare so you all can borrow.

And just to check, how many people need the braid? :D

7. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    JaZzYjaZZ - I can do it when she's sleeping... :D [face_laugh] :p

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    This just came in! :)

The Costume Parade Meet Together for May 16th is set for 5pm. We will meet in front of the Control Tower at Somerset MRT by 5pm and will be leaving at 5.15pm. "Parade" start thereafter. ;)

Distance will be from Somerset to Lido (unless you guys want from Dobby Gaut to Lido :eek: ) and we'll take all our sweet time walking. Can also drop by places like inside/outside The Hereen etc for rest, aircon and water supply. (Aiyah! Pity the Vader and soon, Boba Fett in our group, lah!)

For those wearing several layers and/or Armor, PLEASE drink lots of water before coming (and don't forget to dispose off before going out too!). You can also get one of those small bottle of water to drink on the way (Freeze it and wrap nicely with newspaper/kitchen towel if want cold water ;) ), hung on your belt if it got hook.

I'll be in my Padme White Battle Suit, more completed I hope (must settle the pouches and shirt front tomorrow).

EVERYONE HERE AND NOT HERE INVITED! :D

And I got 2 costumes to offer for lending so far:
    Imperial Royal Guard TR252
    TPM Maroon Handmaid Outer Cloak. (This one wearer must be thinner than me cause on me it closes just nice.)
    Interested party please apply early! ;)

9. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    DE, I don't mind joining you, but I don't have any other costume but the white Padme one (it's in the wash right now, but it should be ready for Thursday).

If you don't mind us looking like twins, then I don't mind also :D

BTW, what "weapons" will you be bringing with you on that day? ;)

10. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Alrighty then. The force will be with us :)

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Forget to add, we'll end around 6.30-7pm; once we reach Lido. Dinner, Snakes and scaring out kids will be our next job till the show starts at 7.15pm, Lido Cinema 1. ;)

JediJean, I don't mind our costumes being the same type as each one is unique. ;) I'll be bringing along my Blaster Rifle as my weapon and my Maul Lightsaber as extra (Just took it out of the box tonigh; now trying to figure out how to insert the batteries! :p ). More lightsabers will follow when required.

And I got this mini Blaster Rifle accidentally bought and now belong to my pet Mini Maul but I can take it out of the package if anyone need it. :p

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Note to everyone: The "leaving" time has been changed to 5:30pm now, so try not to be late! (I better not be late too, [face_blush])

13. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Juz a note of caution... The Singapore Police PROHIBITS any display/ showing of weapons and guns in public... and if your blaster is black and identical with the one Padme uses... well, BE CAREFUL!

And better hide or find a good explanation as the parade muz apply for permit from the police before it is legalised! The police has EVRY RIGHT to stop or even arrest anyone in the parade...

Of coz,... I dun think the police will be so strict... but juz a word of caution!

Take care, guyz!

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Bobafett - not dressing up? We still haven't got to meet u yet.. :(

15. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    Ok guys here's the plan for May 16 costume parade D.E and me r proposing. We meet between 5.00 - 5.30 at Somerset MRT control station. Set off to Hereen's Graffti cafe by 5.45 (rest) Then move on to Taka the fountain outside by 6.15 (rest) this is when the media from century fox lucas film will interview and film us. Then we will set off to Lido the movie floor meeting at the benches near the Big TV, reaching there around 6.45 in time for the movie at 7.15 (right Hazel?)

So far about 7 pple r confirm, we really hope more pple can join us, we really want to show Lucas the hype of the fans in Singapore. So guys if u have any costumes, helmets or Star Wars T-shirt, light-sabers just come down with it and we will all parade down Orchard rd in Style.

16. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Ok... does anyone know where I can get a starwars robe and all?? If anyone could tell me where and the cost(hopefully cheap), I think I'll go ... :)

17. lukedecop

Apr 25, 2002
    House of costume, they still got Yoda, C3PO, and Storm Trooper and Darth Varder, Maul as well, Jedi costume i dont think so.

18. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    Oh.. I see... where's house of costume?? and u think it's possible I can fit into the Yoda one?? haha..

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I don't think the Yoda one is very nice looking. :( IMHO, it's the worse SW costume produced by Rubies with the Stormtropper one 2nd in line.

Try to get the others, especially Jedi Knights. And if you are lucky, can try for the AOTC Rubbies one. Come worse to worse, come as the random Smuggler or Bounty Hunter or Republic Citizen or ROTJ Luke etc etc.

Foreigners House Of Costumes aka House Of Costumes is located at No. 268 Middle Rd. It's at this shophouse opposite Peace Centre. I know SBS 166 (from Clementi) goes in front of Peace Centre.

Another alternative is No. 1 Costume Costume (No. 145, Neil Road- aka near SGH-Outram Road SBS Bus Station) but I'm not sure what SW costumes is still available (some people did rent some for the Charity Premiere). I may go there tomorrow after school so maybe can check up for you. ;)

Jewel Costumes (The Plaza, Beach Road B1-31-/311 aka the building behind The Furniture Mall Beach Road) also have some SW costumes (Rubies as usual) and you can try to contact them at 6299 2252 or 6398 1235 to ask as the place is a bit ulu if you not used to go to The Furniture Hall or Arab Street. ;)

If you are not sure how the costumes look like, just do a little search online with Keywords like "Rubbies Star Wars Costumes" or go to eBay and search for Adult "Star Wars Costumes". Some auctions will offer some pictures of the costumes.

20. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    Thanks DE... Yeah.. I think I may go get one.. do keep a lookout for any jedi knights costume for me though :)

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'll be cutting my hair today!! (Not bald though..:()

22. NodNarbOen

Mar 20, 2002
    jazz, what hair style will you be getting? :D

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Ah..I've just cut my hair! I kinda like it..never had this style before. I told the guy to cut like Anakin. I think he did quite a good job, but it just looks like short hair "gel-led" up :D

24. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    think me and winbros might turn up on thur, but we wun be in costumes. but i will be wearing me new bossini t shirt. can be your camera/video man :p

25. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    If I wanted to cut my hair like Obi-Wan's, my parents would go nuts. :(

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.