main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~The Count's County - A Count Dooku in the EU Fan Club~

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The Loyal Imperial, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    "I've seen your heart, and I know how empty it is. I've seen your anger, and I know how deep it is. I've seen your ambition, and I know how ruthless it is. And all of that will ultimately destroy you." - Lorian Nod.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/cf/Intdookucastle.JPG]

~The Count's County - A Count Dooku in the EU Fan Club~

The mysterious Dooku, Count of Serenno, Jedi Master, Dark Lord of the Sith, leader of the Separatist movement, one of the Lost Twenty, apprentice to Darth Sidious, master to Qui-Gon Jinn, and lightsaber duelist of incredible skill. Before now, there has been no place for those here to discuss this remarkable individual of great importance to the EU and his multitude of appearances. But now, one does exist. Gather, those with interest in this fascinating character! Together, we can discuss his journey lasting over seventy years through the SW universe, from his rise to Jedi Master, and to his fall to the depths of the dark side.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Earl > Count :p

Dooku is easily the most...elegant Sith of all time.

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    With the coolest lightsabers too. He is the one that personifies the Makashi style.

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    He is the Sith you would expect to find on the pages of GQ or Vanity Fair. I'm crazy
    for his elegant style and sophisticated apparel.

5. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I'll second that. While he may not be the best fighter in the EU, he's probably the most skilled fencer we've seen yet.

It certainly does set him apart from his more barbaric colleagues among the Sith Lords. He's not pointlessly cruel or needlessly destructive, either, as many of them have been. A purely efficient creature. Granted, that may have something to do with his not displaying the typical dark side insanity. :p

Conte > Earl. :p

6. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yeah though he did well against Yoda though he used Obi and Ani as pawns. But he is a Sith so what do you expect.

Well I am off to work TTYL.:)

7. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Hey, LI! Send a PM invite to the user sabarte (she's from Lit). I bet she'd love this!

8. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Dooku was a great Sith. He entertained me throughout the prequel tril.

He was always a...head above the rest![face_laugh]

-B-

9. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Hey, who summoned me? o_O

I probably won't be hanging out here - I'm more a Lit theorist than a fan club sort - but I'd like to note that Dooku is the featured article for the next, oh, three hours on Wookieepedia, so if you're OK with Clone Wars spoilers you should check it out. :p

10. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    *joins fanclub liek whoa*

My fave Sith. Definitely.

11. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    At long last! This is a good place; we've needed this.

Count Dooku is a great guy, and I totally support his bid for... err... yeah.

*ducks and walks out quietly*

:p

- Keralys

12. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Dooku... charming man. ;)

I love his lightsaber and the combat style. Fencing FTW! :D

13. Master_Keralys

Oct 8, 2003
    If only they'd actually showed him fencing in the movies, instead of just doing the same moves as everyone else but usually with one hand... :(

- Keralys

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I knew you'd join the moment Li and I discussed it. ;)

Consider me in.

More actual fencing would have been nice, but Dooku is easily among my favourite Sith Lords.

Featured article, Sabarte? *clicks*

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    True. At least it's relatively well described elsewhere.
    I'd love to see more actual fencing in SW.... maybe TCW will have some surprises for us... [face_thinking][face_praying] Although I'm not sure how likely that is.

On the other hand, there are always fanfilms! :D ;)

16. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Fencing, are we seriously only discussing the man's lightsaber skills?

What about his pimp game? I mean, he had a badass chick as his right hand (wo)man.

That deserves a round of applause.=D= =D=

-B-

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I thus suggest we have a closer relationship with the Asajj Ventress Obsession Fan Club. :p

I would like to see more Makashi users, howevr - we have Shaak Ti and Dooku, no?

18. Master_Keralys

Oct 8, 2003
    Sadly, I can think of no others. It's rather elegant and nice. Not terribly effective against blasters, but then if someone can master Makashi they very well ought to be able to pick up enough Soresu to be able to work well against blasters when necessary.

Dooku remains sadly enigmatic as far as a lot of his character traits go, not leaset because so many sources are all but contradictory when it comes to his goals, motivations, etc.

We need a treatment of Dooku like we've gotten/are getting for Vader and Obi-Wan.

- Keralys

19. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    As a practitioner mainly of that style, I believe we only have Dooku. Shaak Ti is implied, but not confirmed, as far as I recall. Sadly, that's the status Makashi is restricted to for most characters, we can guess, but know nothing as a fact.

20. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    That really is a shame, the Makashi style is elegant as Dooku is himself.

21. Graestan

Graestan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2008
    I thought the whole point was that Makashi was so dated, only a historian like Dooku would know about/want to use it. Which draws me, as a historian, right in.

22. jedi_killeroak

jedi_killeroak Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    Just looking around and found you all.

On Dooku, if you watch, he stays out of the line of fire in the first place, so repeling blaster bolts is far from his mind. Taking care of little children,(Yoda) and jokers,(Ben and Anakin) is his business. For him there was no need for blaster repelents. Just my thoughts.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Dooku's one of my favorite Sith Lords. His name is lacking (neither "Dooku" nor "Darth Tyranus" are particularly impressive) but he's the most elegant, aristocratic Sith Lord we have, and a fascinating character with a lot of depth to be explored. Sabarte has some excellent insights into his character, which make some great consistency out of very uneven portrayals. It's the idea of Dooku, really, that's so great. The execution thus far hasn't quite matched up, but I think there's a lot of promise there. As a Sith Lord who's not subject to madness or self-aggrandization, and holds himself to a certain level of honor while still being cruel and manipulative, a man who straddles Jedi and Sith philosophies, he's incredibly interesting and very unique. I hope to see him used well in the future.

24. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Cool! I haven't been to EU in a while - This is an idea long time coming:D .
    I loves me some Dooku - I remember when BK had the Star Wars watches I wore my Dooku watch for like a month.
    Awesome!

25. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yeah Dooku isn't elegant at all, but because he is an awesome character that I automatically don't care. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.