main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The Creative Writing/Fan Fiction Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I like Ewoks....

2. Master_Nawibo_Ibonek

Master_Nawibo_Ibonek Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Those little yub yubs.

3. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Bumpage and updateage.

I've been slowly working on the Fan fic "Remember Alderaan" I started a long time ago and have finally finished the first chapter. I posted it over in the fan fic forum and it can be found here. Feel free to leave comments.

4. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I think it's great. :)

You'll do anything to keep from doing your homework,huh?

5. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Actually, I found a way to make this be my homework. Horay for creative writing classes and getting graded to do something I want to do anyway.

6. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Very nice Jon. I look forward to reading the rest.

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Horay for creative writing classes and getting graded to do something I want to do anyway.

Amen. That's exactly how my creative writing class went. That was the best class I was ever in!

Jon, I will have to get around to reading your story, I'm printing it up right now as I type.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Jon, your story is really great so far.

I have decided to put my fanfic I am making up to the public here at the boards. I posted it here, so if anyone wants to read the beginning to the big story I am writing, please go to the link! I am in need of opinions on it. I'm at a stage of writing now that I am stuck in a chapter, and I can't move on. I figure if I need help on it, maybe people reading it and giving me ideas would work. So, I posted it.

If you have any comments about the Prologue or Teaser Trailer, post them at the link above or you can post them here too. I would enjoy seeing them. :)

I think the only one that has read the story so far here is Claire. Dajuan, did you ever get around to reading it? I was wondering, I never followed up on it after I sent it to you.

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Dammit, that's the last time I'm posting outside this board again. They called my thread that I put up for my story advertising. My prologue was too long I thought to put on there! Besides, most people I knew wouldn't read it anyways, they would continue to ignore me, just like they did at the resource boards. Most people on there are lazy and think that a work of fanfic more than a page long is stupid and they don't take the time to read it. Besides, what do they do? Write a few paragraphs probably and call it a work of fiction. :rolleyes: How rude of them to completely erase my huge post I made for my story. I only wanted people to read it! Screw them, I'm not going anywhere outside of here except for the Nascar boards at the JCC, and even that one I might stop going too. They're really good at letting people know they are welcome at the boards outside of the fanforce. :rolleyes: It makes me so mad... :mad:

Well, here's the link to the prologue.

And here's the link to my site where you can view the trailer and download more of the chapters as they come out.

10. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
  11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I just released Chapter One of my story to the public. :D

Dang OPPM.

12. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
  13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I've planned my story up to chapter 13 now.

14. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I started a new fan fic today. It's up in the fan fic forum here. Please post there and let me know what you think.

15. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I liked it! More, more!

16. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
  17. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    Very good! I liked that he survived. Order 66 was so sad and angering at the same time. Will you write more with this Jedi? Let me know.

18. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Like I said, I might expand on it and I have some ideas, but right now, I need to finish my other fan fics first. If you haven't read Remember Alderaan, go look at the link in my sig and read that. It's really long so that should keep you busy for awhile.

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I like your writing style, you keep me intrigued. The most of important thing for a writer to do. Let me know when you do more, I would love to read it.

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    If you want to see more of my writing style, you might want to read some of the plays and monologues I've written. These were all written in high school and my writing has improved since then, but I'm still proud of a few of them.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Jon, it's a good start. I have one thought about the Jedi though that you are writing about... When he puts the lightsaber up to the clonetrooper's neck, then proceeds to cut off his head; isn't that dark side? He should have taken him prisoner or something and had him go to Coruscant with him to infiltrate the temple and rescue some people. ;) But, I like how it is in his character to do something like that; he seems strict enough.

Can't wait to read more.

Chapter 3 in my story is almost done. :D And I've planned the story up to the end almost. It's funny, I thought the story was going to end differently, but I had a better idea as I was planning. Hmm..

22. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I think the execution of the clonetrooper is definately a grey area. I wanted to have him come periously close to the dark side, but at the same time, the clone troopers are so fiercly loyal that using one would probably be impossible.

Originally, I was going to have more from Comander Karr's point of view with him thinking about how happy he was that Order 66 had finally been given. But perhaps that will wait till I have time to expand it.

23. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Chapter 3 on Tales of a Galaxy is up.

24. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    This statement is without having read it haven't had time yet, but I promise I will. Killing a clonetrooper like that, I'll assume this is after order 66, I wouldn't have given a darkside point for that. You are talking about an enemy, most jedi are not in a position to be taking prisoners. Also, we are talking about a clone here, he has been created to follow orders, if you don't kill him, he'll find his way back to his unit or another unit to fight again. It is something that if it happened repeatedly, or if the character seemed to enjoy it dark side points might be passed out.

25. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    That was pretty much my idea behind it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.