main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe
    Antville Installation near Antville, Alaska

(ooc: Combined with LordT)

Professor Cale stared at her while the President had his little outburst. He understood. The Professor was the first to understand. Of course. Ayshe gave him a smile.

"Mr. President," Cale cleared his throat. "I think this has already happened." He said and he looked as if he was fighting down his emotions. "She has been here for ten years. She is not asking us to kneel or become puppets ... we have been on our knees all along and have been her puppets. Am I right?"

Her only answer was a smile.

Matt stepped forward. "What have you done?" He asked the woman.

"Everything." She replied. "I have created this world, as you experience it. Mr. President, you Advisor is right. This has indeed happened already for many years. But let me respond to your threat first before I present mine ... to keep this in order. Shall we?"

She unfolded her hands. Stared at the President and lay her head aside slightly.

"Do you have any idea how hard it was to make you President? When Thompson botched at the TV duel that made you candidate ... you remember this? His phone ringing while on stage? It took me a lot of effort to arrange that. The terror attack with twenty people dead in Ohio that gave your old-fashioned inner security campaign such relevance? That was a bit easier. Keeping the international politics calm for month so the acting President would not gain points for handling them so well? That was really something. I can tell you. The e-Mail affair that brought down the acting Presidents vice-candidate? Hard work to make them slip and find the right moment to let them be published. Without him loosing his Vice-President two weeks before election you would never have beaten him." She smiled. "Among the many things I created was you."

She let her words sink in for a moment.

"How far can you look into the future?" Cale asked.

"I can do more than that. I see every possible future and every outcome of every event. I see the ripples in the water the tiniest stone causes and the storms this creates." She did not let her eyes leave the President.

"You control the butterfly effect." Cale stated dryly. "Which means you ..."

"I control the future." Ayshe claimed with pride or bragging. It was a simple fact.

"And I expect of you to shut down Antville and then do a number of things to prepare for a new status quo, Mr. President." She smiled. "Now that we are coming to threats. As easily as I have created you I can destroy you. Easier actually. I could kill you. I could ask the Colonel to do it right now and here. I could have LEGO do it. Or Simmons. Or Taylor. Or a secret service agent who has a breakdown or someone you never thought of. CIA. Terrorists. I could also cause a scandal to humiliate you. I could harm those close to you. I could alienate them from you. I have put hundreds of possibilities in place to enforce my will. So I am afraid you are indeed powerless compared to me. I know how hard this is to accept by getting so used to all the power I gave you to play with."

She sighed. Leaning back again.

"I did not choose to become this. But I was forced into this world. I am not against God's laws, Mr. President. Read the Bible. I did. It is full of people like me. I am a tool of his will, a way to order the illness of chaos. A solution to any problem humanity faces."

She waited for a moment before finally saying it.

"I am a Prophet. The ultimate prophet."

Tag: HanSolo29, LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Antville Installation, Antville, Alaska

Lies.

It was all lies.

That was the mantra Kurt kept repeating to himself to calm his raging emotions, but after a while, he acknowledged his denial for what it was, and the words became meaningless. They were empty, hollow…just like the pit that was forming in his stomach. If he wasn’t careful, he feared that he might even be sick. He had never viewed himself as weak in the face of his peers, but perhaps he had been a fool. How was one supposed to act rationally when what you perceived as reality was essentially ripped out from under you? Not only was he losing a grip on that reality, but he was slowly losing himself. He suddenly felt very small, expendable. It was as if he was actually standing among divine forces and actively conversing with a true messenger from God.

Was this a spiritual wake-up call?

…or was the devil taunting him by bringing him face to face with a false prophet?

Regardless of the truth, the woman still managed to accomplish the impossible – she had rendered the President speechless. He glared at her now, his jaw clenched tightly and his lips pressed together in a firm line. It was clear that he was desperately trying to pull himself together and remain strong in light of her revelations, but it was a losing battle. Little by little, chinks began to appear in his armor. It started with beads of perspiration building up on his forehead and soon led to an increased heart rate and a sudden headache that pounded relentlessly in his ears, drowning out all other sounds in the room. Finally, his knees began to visibly shake. Before they could buckle completely beneath his weight, Kurt quickly lowered himself back to the couch in a move that was anything but graceful.

He sat in silence for a long moment, wallowing in his own insecurities as this woman leered over him. No matter what he did, he realized that he was trapped. She had complete control of him…of everything.

“Why me?” he uttered quietly, his voice raw and more gravelly than usual. As he turned to look at her, he noted that his hands were shaking as well, and he clasped them together to hide yet another embarrassment. “If what you say is true, you could have chosen literally anyone for the job…and yet, you didn’t. You focused your efforts on me. Why is that?” He shook his head slowly, still struggling to come to terms with this. Part of him didn’t want to hear her answer. He wasn’t sure if he should feel honored or offended to be in this position. “And what about the others? If you are a prophet, what does that make them?” He nodded toward the chambers on the other side of the room. “The two here with you, LEGO, the boy…”

With a sigh, he forced himself to sit up a little straighter and studied her intently. “I assume they fit into your plans to introduce a… ‘new status quo’?”

TAG: SirakRomar; LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

Ayshe leaned back and nodded. The questions. He asked the right questions.

"Some of the others are useful, most of them are irrelevant. But some even have to be stopped. Like Alpha. He was no servant of our lord, he was an agent of chaos. He is not the only one, as you probably have already realized."

She folded her hands again. A gesture she repeated all few seconds. It helped her to concentrate. "You met him already. So did you, Professor." She did not even look at Professor Cale as she revealed his betrayal of not letting the President of the United States know that he had met LEGO.

"And why you? A question all chosen ask themselves. Because for the events that will unravel you are the best choice. You are a believer, are you? How could someone not believing in the will of God ever accept the situation that is presenting itself to us, right?"

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego
    Great Expectations - VIP Lounge, New York

Sebastian sighed. They did not understand. "Mr. Lambs I am sorry for this. Obviously you share a history with me. One I am not aware of. I am truly sorry for all of this."

Leaning forward he went with his fingers through his hair. "Listen, I did not want this. But I cannot allow you to try and stop me. So please do not do anything stupid." His hand slowly started wandering to his gun. He could not freeze them if they were immune, too. But he could do other things now. He prepared for the worst and kept his eyes on Lambs.

Tag: LordTroepfchen, @Mitth-Fisto, Ktala, TheSithGirly, @all others

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Great Expectations, New York

She nodded her head and began to make her way to the restrooms to try and acquire drugs to initiate her plan. Her phone buzzed vibrating against her leg, as the ringer was drowned out by the pounding music. It was a message from her uncle.

HE S OUT HERR

She furrowed his brow, her uncle doesn't misspell things, it creates impercisie communication and impercisie communication gets people killed. He must have been rushed, couldn't take the time to add the apostrophe, or correct his spelling of Here. Then there was the word choice. Her uncle again would use the exact words he meant. If Simmons, the He in this case she assumed, was coming in her uncle would have said that, if he was loitering outside, Owen would have said He's outside. By telling her he's here, that means he is near her uncle maybe that was why he was rushed.

Simmons was near, and he wasn't coming inside. This place was all wrong for him, he would stand out and Jane had a sinking suspicion that he knew it too. Was he sending in a team to take care of things, he still had John and Rutherford. No there was some sort of plan. Simmons was also the most dangerous right now.

Her targets knew they were being hunted but, didn't know she was here, they could wait for now.

It would just a quick look.

She changed course heading towards the kitchen taking the back way out of the building, not wanting to be noticed by Simmons if he was watching the front.

Again she passed through without a word to anyone walking by the men her uncle had hired with just a nod. She didn't walk right around to the front she walked a little further down the alley coming around the building next to the club. Keeping her head down, face hidden, she made her way across the street and headed towards her uncle's car being careful to stay out of sight lines. Her Uncle would chastise her if he saw her coming.

She still couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

TAG: LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

In the silence that followed, the elusive woman dropped another bombshell by revealing that Professor Cale had indeed met with Sebastian Klein at some point. The circumstances surrounding the meeting remained a mystery, but Kurt could only presume that it resulted in the exchange of vital information.

With an audible sigh, the President shifted his gaze away from Ayshe to focus on the professor. Unfortunately, the man’s insolence was becoming a common occurrence. Kurt had tried being patient with him, but there was only so much he could take. This latest infraction was the final straw. Withholding information from him, especially when it pertained to LEGO and the situation at hand, was a grave mistake; it was the ultimate betrayal. There was no excuse for that. In some cases, it could even be viewed as a punishable offense. Even if there was an ulterior motive, Cale, of all people, should recognize what was at stake. This was no longer about achieving personal glory or stroking one’s ego. What the hell was he thinking?!

“You knew,” he asserted with a slight edge to his voice. All trace of his weakened resolve quickly vanished as his confidence returned. Looking in Matt’s direction briefly to warn him not to intervene, he rose steadily to his feet and loomed menacingly toward the professor. “You son of a—what did you tell him?” Without warning, the President shoved Cale back against the wall and got into this face. It was clear that his emotions were controlling his actions and that LEGO was the main point of contention. “I always believed you to be a sniveling little snake, but I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt by bringing you along. I was hoping you would prove me wrong. Obviously, that was a mistake. You should have told me about this. If I find out that you influenced events in any way through your interaction with him…”

The President trailed off, leaving the rest of this threat unspoken as Ayshe’s words suddenly came to the surface and echoed in his mind:

“You are a believer, are you? How could someone not believing in the will of God ever accept the situation that is presenting itself to us, right?”

Steeling himself, Kurt released the professor and slowly backed away, seeming to finally come to his senses. The words stung. This was not acceptable behavior for someone who lived his life by serving the Lord. It was counterintuitive to what he knew about Christian values. He was losing himself…but then again, what if this was all a ploy to ensure his cooperation? He knew he shouldn’t doubt, but it was hard to suppress his human nature, especially when he still had so many questions.

But to some extent, wasn’t asking questions healthy for one’s faith?

Kurt turned back to face the woman, idly running a hand through his hair. “I believe, yes, but there’s still so much I don’t understand. If you can control the outcome of future events, why not eliminate Alpha and LEGO yourself? You must be capable of handling them with that kind of power.” His eyes strayed to the graffiti on the wall and he involuntarily shuddered. “Why make us suffer? LEGO cornered me once. Without finding a way to counteract his abilities, we are essentially powerless to stop him. He already made it clear that he is prepared to destroy everything so that he can go on living. I thought that maybe as an alternative, we could bring him in alive to learn more about him and his kind, but…” He shook his head with a scoff, finally beginning to piece it all together. “They already did that ten years ago, didn’t they? You, Alpha, Beta… That was the point of Antville.”

He furrowed his brow in thought. “What did they learn? How can we stop him?”

7. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

Ayshe eyed the Professor as the President went into attack mode and looked at Thompson to alarm him of what was about to happen.

When the President addressed her she returned with all of her attention. The words she had predicted came out of his mouth.

"Alpha suffered from his abilities. He allowed us to put him to a coma, after he felt his sanity fail. LEGO ... is different ... a false prophet ... he believes his lies and therefore creates suffering with pride and a feeling of being righteousness. I cannot see him. Which made it very difficult to arrange his death. Only now I arranged the situation in a way that I can finally end him before he does what we cannot allow him to do. But I need your help. You know the burden of making choices Mr. President. Sometimes all alternatives are far from perfect. I needed him to see you. I needed you to understand the evil that he will become. You were in no danger, I assure you. I had foreseen you surviving this first encounter. The second one you won't. After you he will kill millions. Together we can avoid this. I have arranged everything to be in place, but I had to make some terrible choices. I need you to solve this riddle. Ms. Liang. She is posing as Elena the seer, which means he trusts her. The masquerade will last only for a few more seconds. Then in the club in New York where they are violence will erupt. I need you to order her to kill him. And finally we will be free to shape this world as our Lord wants us to. I need you to do this because the alternative is unspeakable."

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

The President turned and ran a hand over his jaw, his motions slow and deliberate, almost as if he was walking through a haze. His gaze was distant, seemingly unaware of the others around him except for this strange woman. She was mesmerizing in her approach and she made everything feel so surreal. He couldn’t deny that she knew everything – or close to it. Even his most intimate secrets had been laid bare. Aside from the men and women of the NSC, he had told no one about his personal encounter with LEGO in the Oval Office. But this woman had given him a logical explanation for it all…

Impossible?

Maybe for a mere mortal…but she was more than that. He knew that now.

“You’re the ‘Source,’ aren’t you?” he asked with a rueful smile, canting his head marginally. “The one Adrian Simmons referred to in his calls. It’s the same story…the list of targets, my death at their hands…and then the end of the world. You were trying to warn us then…”

And I ignored it to pursue material gain, he thought bitterly. Forgive me.

Kurt’s gaze met Matt’s for the briefest of moments before he quickly turned away and sighed. He realized now that his friend had been right – they should have never interfered with Antville. It had been a mistake. His own selfish ambitions had nearly cost them everything. If he had only given his consent and allowed Simmons to do his job after LEGO had issued his threat, they could have averted a crisis.

And yet…

His refusal to approve the operation had led them directly to the discovery of Antville…and her. How could anyone argue with that outcome? Ayshe was more powerful than even LEGO himself; she had the potential to become a great asset. At this point, he truly believed that everything had worked out for a particular reason. The Lord worked in mysterious ways.

That should have been enough to get him to comply with her wishes, but something continued to nag at the back of his mind. Something was still…off. While she may interpret his line of questioning as an act of defiance, he needed to know with absolute certainty before he moved ahead with this plan.

“But you also have your limitations,” he noted casually, voicing his concern as he pulled his Blackberry from his suit coat. He glanced up, his brow lifted intuitively. “You can’t perceive each others’ actions, which means you also can’t guarantee that this will work. What if this starts a war? Is that a risk you want me to take?” He pursed his lips and lowered his chin as he began to scroll through the device, pausing momentarily on one of the reports that Matt had sent him before they departed for Alaska. He perused it quickly with a frown. It was the intelligence report that indicated that Sebastian Klein had been found dead on the streets of New York with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. “And how do you explain this? A mistake on your part?”

He held out the device so that she could see the screen. “According to this, someone has already carried out the task.”

Of course, his actions had already shown that he didn’t actually believe it; he was only seeking an explanation.

9. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, The Great Expectations, New York

This was surreal. One of them wanted to be shot in the head, one wanted to go back in time and kill them all and the resurrected Lambs basically asked for support in killing Sebastian.

Suddenly the Hunters seemed less of a problem. He hand moved to her bag instinctively to be ready to grab the gun and kill Lambs ... again if he tried. She would not have this guy turn this into a blood bath. She was meant to get them alive.

"The point is, we could use your help." She said to Sebastian. "Your abilities might not be what the mystery man is looking for, but they are ... amazing. Why don't you help us and you can always go back if we fail, hm?" Not letting her eyes of Lambs she hoped these men would start agreeing on a course of action soon. Otherwise this mission would be impossible to complete.

Tag: LordT, Mitth_Fisto, Ktala, DarkLordoftheFins, @all

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Great Expectations Club, New York

With a bit of a sigh he nodded at the others decision. "Wish I could give you some words of advice to help the next world out if you fail again. Something better than asking me about rabbit holes." Shaking his head at that he snorted. "It might not be a mortal sin the way you feel you have to do it, but I wish you could stay for the end of this world at least before heading to the next." Sticking out a hand he tried his best to ignore the others actions and just be present for his own part in all of this moment.

In that way he had put down his own cards of how he felt about this. If need be he would put himself between the man he did not know, and the one he had already watch die. For some reason, it just felt like the better thing to do no matter how much he believed the man in the Grey Hoodie called Sebastian was in the wrong. For it was wrong that might just do something toward the supposed ending of a world. Something he couldn't really believe if not for his own repeat performances in that regard.

TAG: LordTroepfchen, @Ktala, @DarkLordoftheFins, TheSithGirly, @all

11. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Antville-Installation, Antville, Alaska

Prof. Cale was obviously taken by surprise, but the Professor kept up his arrogant confidence as well as he could. Professor Cale knew this was now more than a scientific question, this was a crisis that threatened his life. And he turned to his most potent weapon to survive, his mind. Turning his attention to the grafitti his thoughts began racing.

Parallel timelines. No paradox. He had been wrong about it ... but how? How did the world end?

He had to smile as he understood the truth.

"May the snake answer this question?" He simply said and stepped forward, eyeing Ayshe directly. "It is Sebastian Klein from a parallel timeline."

He stepped a step back and lay his head aside.

"No he isn't dead. My conception of time was wrong. She said this herself. I understand it now. Wondered how I could not understand it before." He laughed. "When it was revealed to us there was a source from the future I thought the temporary order would collapse because I guessed that there would be a paradox of two Legos existing in one time. But that is where I was wrong. Alternate timelines. That is what she is seeing. All alternatives. And that is what we are for the future LEGO. An alternate timeline. He comes from a future that will never happen BECAUSE he changed it by already going back. It is not a loop. It is a split, right?" Shaking his head he turned to the President. "LEGO is alive. The LEGO from this timeline is. The other one you found dead."

Cale inhaled. "This is about him, right? This has always been about him!"

Thompson allowed his hand to slip on his gun as the Professor obviously was emotionally upset obviously.

"There is no Apocalypse? Right? You designed it ... AS A TRAP!"

Tag: HanSolo29, SirakRomar

Car, Outside Great Expectations

The first thing she saw was someone sitting on the backseat. Then her uncle who had his head leaned on the steering wheel, with a small but recognizable hole in the back of his head.

It was pretty clear who the black haired man on the backseat was. He hadn't seen her yet. Actually it made little sense for him to remain in the car, the crime scene of the murder he had obviously just committed, yet he sat there as if nothing was to fear ...

A rumbling went through the nightair, people screamed. An explosion inside the club and then screams, panic. Simmons head turned almost uninterested to the side as people began to swarm out of the club.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422 (for info)

Lambs stared at the others and then hissed. His eyes fell on Sebastian and he gave a cynical grin. "See what you do? They believe in you. They hope you save them. And yet you will make my daughter grow up an orphan." His hand lay down on the table. "So will you try? To help us?" He opened his mouth to say something else, but the sound never made it out of his mouth as everything vanished ...

... in a loud BANG that came with a blinding light. None of them had probably regained sight and their ears only spread a ringing sound into a suddenly otherwise soundless world. Then the first bullets hit from a submachine gun into their midst. Blood sprayed, but it was impossible to say whose it was ...

Tag: TheSithGirly, @Mitth-Fisto, DarkLordoftheFins, Ktala, @galaxtic-vagabond422

ooc: Those hit by bullets received a pm right before the post ...

HanSolo29 likes this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

The assassin closed on her Uncle's old mustang staying out of sight. A smile bloomed on her lips, it was like she was playing a game, seeing if she could take her uncle by surprise. As she approached she noticed a dark haired man in the back of the car, the smile faded. He hadn't noticed her yet, good, her Uncle must be…

She looked to the driver's seat and saw her uncle's head resting against the steering wheel, a bleeding hole in the back of it.

Her cold heart beat, a blinding white hot rage burned from her heart all the way to the tips of her hair. Her uncle was the only person that knew her, truly knew her. He trained her, taught her everything she knew. He took the place of her parents after they past, he was the closest thing she had to family. Now he was gone taken by the man in the back seat.

She didn't even wait. She drew her pistol putting two silenced bullets into the back of Simmon's head through the rear window. She moved forwards, not even noticing the subtle rumble of an explosion from inside the club. Her rage only had one target Simmons.

Coming around to where he was sitting in the back of the car, Jane put three, four, five bullets into Simmon's chest. It didn't matter if he was already dead by the two bullets she put into the back of his head. She wanted to turn his body into mincemeat, feed it to dogs, and a thousand other terrible things. She didn't just want him gone, she wanted him erased from existence.

TAG: LordTroepfchen

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego

Sebastian sighed and wanted to explain them what he feared could happen if he waited any longer ... but he never got to the point.

The world vanished in light and sound and he managed to drop to his knees and drag his gun as he felt the impact ... he had never been shot in his life, but he immediately knew when the pain flashed into his body he had been hit. His chest and side burned and radiated pain as his ears only send a loud beeping noise into his head.

Something inside of him wanted to stop time, but he resisted. He knew he could not. Not if he died ... or there would be nobody here to switch time back on ... they would be trapped until ...

He gasped in pain and allowed himself to collapse to the floor, feeling the blood soak his grey hoodie much like it had done to his future self. He was still alive. The question was for how long ...

No experience with dying ...

And the thought implied the bleak truth, that he knew he was mortally wounded. Waiting for his eyes to regain the ability to see he tried to turn his head to the stairs. The attacker must have sneaked up on them from there ...

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego

Sebastian sighed and wanted to explain them what he feared could happen if he waited any longer ... but he never got to the point.

The world vanished in light and sound and he managed to drop to his knees and drag his gun as he felt the impact ... he had never been shot in his life, but he immediately knew when the pain flashed into his body he had been hit. His chest and side burned and radiated pain as his ears only send a loud beeping noise into his head.

Something inside of him wanted to stop time, but he resisted. He knew he could not. Not if he died ... or there would be nobody here to switch time back on ... they would be trapped until ...

He gasped in pain and allowed himself to collapse to the floor, feeling the blood soak his grey hoodie much like it had done to his future self. He was still alive. The question was for how long ...

No experience with dying ...

And the thought implied the bleak truth, that he knew he was mortally wounded. Waiting for his eyes to regain the ability to see he tried to turn his head to the stairs. The attacker must have sneaked up on them from there ...

15. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Elena/Maria

The bullet ripped through her arm, leaving a burning sensation to her blind and dead body as she was ripped of the couch ... something that probably saved her life.

Screaming she crawled away from the group, trying to find the nearby couch in her blinded state. Her gun was still in her bag next to LEGO. But trying to get would be her undoing, she realized that ... suddenly every single atom of her body screamed to survive. The bullet had not killed her, the wound hurt but was not fatal she realized.

But she knew who was coming and they would end the job ... she was sure of that.

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins, galactic-vagabond422, Ktala, @Mitth-Fisto, LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Bowing his head, Kurt could only stare at the report on his screen, the text seeming to blur together in a luminous haze, as Professor Cale relayed his theory. Part of him wanted to instantly dismiss the scientist’s words as another crackpot idea, but he had the proof right in front of him. Not only in the report itself, but Kurt had seen what LEGO could do, had become victim to his powers. With the ability to manipulate time, it only seemed logical that he would eventually learn how to travel through it. But that was simply one piece of the puzzle. So many questions remained unanswered; so many things still did not make sense. It was obvious that he was struggling to comprehend the full scope of what the professor was trying to explain. It was overwhelming. To combat the feeling of helplessness that was beginning to rise up within his chest, he turned to his anger.

Glancing up slowly, he eyed Cale with a clear intent to vent his frustrations. There had been something about the man’s rant that had tipped him off. Was he blaming him?

"A trap for whom, professor?” he challenged in a gruff tone, stepping closer in an effort to intimidate the man. “She already has us where she wants us. According to her testimony, it's always been this way. You admitted that yourself. We are at the mercy of God...mere servants to His grand design.” There was a hint of regret in his voice, of uncertainty, but he quickly pushed ahead so that Cale could not exploit any weaknesses. Narrowing his eyes dangerously, he continued. “Or are you accusing me of something more nefarious – of fabricating lies in order to bring LEGO to justice? Perhaps as retribution for imposing on my turf and threatening my wellbeing?”

The President flashed a sardonic grin and slowly shook his head. There was something about his expression that was quite unsettling, almost as if he could be capable of such an act. But just as quickly as it had appeared, it vanished and he became serious once more. “Sorry to disappoint you, professor, but it’s nothing like that. This should be enough to convince you that the threat is real and not an illusion.” Lifting his hand, he held the BlackBerry up to Cale’s face to show him the report. “Time travel…think about the implications.” He scoffed lightly, still trying to wrap his mind around that concept. If it was true that this ‘alternative’ LEGO came from the future – or a future – then that meant that he had been trying to warn them all along. He was the Source, the one who had given Simmons the list of targets to eliminate. He had been willing to sacrifice himself to save the world.

That thought gave him pause. He started to turn away, but stopped and pursed his lips in thought, clearly conflicted. “And all this talk about alternatives...what exactly are you suggesting? We're living a lie? That...this isn't real?” Again, he tried to mask his uncertainty with a smirk. “If you have all the answers, at what point did the timeline diverge? I’m sure we’re all curious to hear your insight on that one. I’d like to say Falludscha, but who can be sure?” He shrugged nonchalantly, seemingly mocking him. “Then again, maybe it all rests with Mansfield. You’re familiar with that one, right?” He sighed. “But can I trust you?”

Folding his arms over his chest, the President studied the professor grimly. “You are out of line, professor. I should throw you out right now and be done with it. You’ve already withheld information about LEGO from me, causing a potential security breach, accused me of lying…” He took another step forward, closing the gap between them so that he was on the verge of intruding on his personal space. “What else are you holding back?”

TAG: LordTroepfchen; SirakRomar

17. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Ayshe

"Please, Mr. President. You can call down. Also the Professor is a traitor to you and your cause, he only betrayed you because I allowed him to. Why did I do that? Because everything served the will of or Lord."

She turned to the Professor now.

"Everything is a trap, Professor. There is no decision that will allow everybody to survive. There never is. The only decision I can make ... the impossible decision I have to make is who lives. Even doing nothing leads to death. It is also a decision. So I carry the burden of this decision. Every day."

Ayshe sighed and turned back to the President.

"Now it is your impossible decision to be made. The number of your SWAT team is next to the phone over there." She gestured to the phone. "If you make this call LEGO dies tonight and hundreds of thousands with him. If you don't millions will die. And among them will be ... you."

She lay her head to the side. "You have less than a minute now."

With that she fell silent and watched the events unfold.

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Seeing the one called Lambs stare at him and the others before hissing was a terribly disturbing motif. His eyes fell on Sebastian and he gave a cynical grin. "See what you do? They believe in you. They hope you save them. And yet you will make my daughter grow up an orphan." His hand lay down on the table. "So will you try? To help us?" He opened his mouth to say something else, but the sound never made it out of his mouth as everything vanished ...

... in a loud BANG that came with a blinding light. Bang-light was all his mind could gurgle in that moment, although for a second he thought of a flash-bang, but as he regained sight and noticed the blood. His ears only spread a ringing sound into a suddenly otherwise soundless world as bullets hit from a submachine gun into their midst. To be honest that was a blind guess, but the rate of bullets hitting on the stitched grouping seemed to support the notion. It was like a bad movie as blood sprayed, but it was impossible to say whose it was ...

. . .For all he knew it was his own. Without being able to see or hear beyond a bleak ringing and barely able to see anything except brightness. He tried to twist and drop to the floor and roll away from the whatever it was. He had to hope his eyes would clear enough to see where and what was coming from before he died and reset. He had to learn something.

Tag: LordTroepfchen, DarkLordoftheFins, @Ktala, @TheSithGirly, @all others

19. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

"Mr. President, she arranged this! This was never about you! Or me! We are pawns. Have you not listened? She has created this situation! All of it! To eliminate the only threat to her supremacy!"

The Professor stepped between the phone and the President.

"This all has always been a trap for LEGO!"

Tag: HanSolo29, SirakRomar

The shots were clear and swiftly executed. But instead of shattering the window, they left only two marks in it. Bullet-proof glass. Of course. Her Uncle had obviously secured the car. The next bullets into the side-window left more than Mark though. The glass began to fracture as it was thinner. But Simmons reacted immediately, opening the door on the opposite side of the car he rolled out and slammed the door just as the final bullet made the side window shatter.

Three unaimed bullets hissed over the car as Simmons stood up and began firing at Jane. With the car between them they would both have a clear line of fire on each other, if nobody took cover. Simmons was obviously after the kill, even if it meant he himself would die by getting it ...

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

Another round hit the couch exactly where LEGO had been seconds ago and ripped it apart. A third shattered the glass table. Then vision slowly returned to all of the surviving assembled and they could finally see the man standing next to the stairs as he ejected the empty magazine from his empty sub-machine gun and was about to reload.

Kawin would recognize his Hunter of course. A second man with a silenced pistol appeared next to him and aimed firing a single shot. He looked more Asian but as grim and dedicated as his colleague. Quickly he moved towards the stunned group to finish of the remaining group. He avoided Kawin though, having a clear shot at him he ignored him for now and fired two quick shots into the direction of Maria ... not hitting her, but making sure she had to remain in cover.

Below panic spread and screams overpowered any other sound present in the club.

Tag: TheSithGirly, @Mitth-Fisto, DarkLordoftheFins, Ktala, @galaxtic-vagabond422

A motel room, New York

The rumbling from nearby could be heard and Arthur sighed. An explosion? He felt that he was running out of time and so he began to tell his story.

"In 2003 nobody linked our operations to the rumors coming from Mali. You know where Mali lies? In Africa. A godforsaken failed state that is not infamous for his instability just because Sudan and Somalia are nearby and even worse. It happened in the north: Northern Mali. Poor. Forgotten. Basically desert. It was a perfect breeding ground for radicals and good to hide their camps, too. Terrorists began pushing there when they realized the Americans used Pakistan and Egypt camps for target practice. It was a bit off the usual track. CIA basically watched it when they had nothing more pressing to do. One of those Mali camps caught the attention of the intelligence community though. Rumors spread that strange things had happened there. Intelligence send someone in. He actually made it out and survived long enough to file a report. Reaction to the report? They wiped out the camp before "it" could spread. A single button was pressed and somewhere from Colorado a drone pilot had delivered "angel share", a prototype bomb using a phosphor-napalm-aerosol mix for the maximum effect ... and when they talked about effect, they truly meant kills. Only one of the terrorists survived and it was barely worthy to be called "alive" what remained of him. Yet, luck, fate or whatever it was that arranges such things ... made him crawl into the right direction and end up in a small encampment of a local Tuareg tribe nearby. They probably watched the whole thing in Langely via satellite and when they realized the survivor was getting medical treatment they decided to take no risk. Another button. Another bomb. Another "effect". 28 people dead. But this time ... six. Six survivors. Unharmed. A miracle. CIA missed them though. But they found out about the six much later after loosing 28 soldiers and killing three of them in Iraq. Falludscha. Nobody knows how they ended up with Al-Qaida. But they did. After seeing the work of the US army our terrorist friend found it rather easy to recruit them I suppose. The other three they did not kill, they captured. Well, funny thing is ... Mapaha Valley they called the region in Mali all of this took place. I actually knew it. Been there in 2002 for a mining operation to acquire a rather rare element from there. I needed it for my reactor.

Did I suspect a link back then? My info was sketchy and I was swamped in work. Considered the bombing only a sad detail in the countries violent story. Only when it happened again, I finally connected the dots. You understand? They had breathed in the same material we used to run our reactor for months. Drank it in the water. Eaten it in their food. Microscopic amounts. So small they were irrelevant in any medical way ... except they seemed to connect them to our reactor through the identical molecular structure and ... well ... you can guess what happened, can you?"

He smiled. A sardonic smile.

"We believed in bringing the world peace, but really? We created humanities worst nightmare."

Tag: Nobody

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Lego

The ability to see returned and still lying between the shattered glass table and the couch he could see the two attackers. He had never seen these men before ... but that did not really matter. Kyle was lying nearby, not moving. Lambs was also there, badly hit. The others crawled for cover.

Not yet dead and not dying immediately he decided to risk it and froze time, only for a moment or two he would risk it.

His body was weak and it took him all his strength to raise the gun that seemed to weigh a ton suddenly. He aimed as well as he could and then began to pull the trigger. Four times towards the man closing in on them ... then he dropped it, allowed time to resume and turned the gun to the second man reloading and pulled the trigger again and again and again ... he was in no shape to aim, but he emptied the magazine in the direction of the man before allowing his arm to drop and the gun to fall from his hand ...

Maybe he could save the others. The Canadian, Elena ...

They are all dead. He reminded himself, but then again also realized they were now all the hope left ...

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @Mitth-Fisto, @Ktala, @TheSithGirly, @all others

Ooc: Input from the T!

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001

Kurt’s gaze remained impassive as the professor pleaded with him and then moved to block his path to the phone. It was almost…gratifying to see the man in such a desperate state. Ayshe had succeeded where so many others had failed – she had shattered the professor’s ego by proving him wrong. Cale was not accustomed to having his authority questioned, especially when he was considered the ‘expert’ on a particular case, and he was now struggling to maintain some level of control. The whole experience left him vulnerable.

With slow, mechanical movements, the President stepped forward to confront him. He was seemingly unfazed by Cale’s words, almost as if he never really heard them at all. In truth, his mind was already made up. “Tell me, professor, can you truly call this a trap if LEGO wanted this to happen?” he inquired in an even tone, one brow lifting curiously. “He resigned himself to his fate the moment he decided to travel back in time. He knew that if we were to survive this crisis, he had to die. That is why he handed our people the list of targets; it was all part of his plan to save the world.”

He was giving a sweeping gesture with his hands, but stopped abruptly to stare Cale directly in the eye. “Are you now trying to say that she manipulated him as well? That the rift that brings about the apocalypse was a lie just to get him to go back in time and create this alternative timeline?” A small scoff escaped his throat with disbelief. “That's a little far-fetched, don't you think? I've seen what he can do, how he threatened me and everyone else around me with little or no regard to the consequences. He's dangerous and very capable of performing these heinous acts.”

Pausing, he pursed his lips and inhaled deeply through his nose. When he spoke again, his tone turned solemn. “If he’s not stopped, we’re also risking the lives of millions of innocent people. You know that I can’t accept that. That’s not an option. Someone needs to take up the mantle and finish future LEGO's mission.” Again, he made sure he had the professor’s attention by holding his gaze. “And I intend to follow through with his wishes...it's what I should have done from the start.”

They were running out of time. For a brief moment, his eyes strayed to Thompson, and Kurt noted that the solider’s fingers were sliding impatiently over the trigger to his assault rifle; he was not about to allow the professor to make any sudden moves to foul things up. Any signs of a physical confrontation would end badly for Cale. This brought a thin smile to the President’s features. He had the professor exactly where he wanted him, which made him more aggressive in his approach.

“You may not agree with my assessment, professor, but frankly, your opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things,” he continued harshly. “You are not tasked with making the decisions. You don't have to live with the scrutiny and the public embarrassment from the media when you fail. And worst of all, you are a traitor. You betrayed me, your country...and God. As far as I'm concerned, that makes you no one. Now, step aside and let me do my goddamn job.”

Without waiting for a response, the President pushed roughly past the professor, making contact with his shoulder along the way, and approached the phone sitting on the table. A cold sweat began to break out on his forehead, and for a moment, his hand hovered above the receiver with hesitation. Naturally, his own insecurities were giving him second thoughts, but he quickly pushed them aside and gripped the phone firmly.

This is for the best…millions of lives will be spared, he repeated silently to himself. The words restored his confidence, and with a sigh, he dialed the number.

“Sergeant? This is President Roland,” he addressed the SWAT team leader, his voice unwavering. “I need you to listen carefully. I've just been informed of some recent developments pertaining to your mission. While the priority still remains with LEGO, unfortunately, we can no longer afford to capture him alive. He's too dangerous. It's crucial that you take him out at the first available opportunity. Repeat: eliminate all targets. Make sure Ms. Liang understands her role.”

TAG: @LordTroepfchen ; @SirakRomar ; @TheSithGirly (for reference in the phone call)

22. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Elena/Maria

Without a gun the cover was all that kept her alive now. It was all she had left.

Simmons men had taken them by total surprise and their ruthless attack had killed a few of those men the President had ordered her to take alive. Now she heard return fire and did not dare to look ... panic would spread in the Club, screams were everywhere and she knew she would have to go for her gun if the others failed to stop them ... as long as Rutherford and Joel were busy ... miserable chances. But the chances had never been good. Getting up she leaped forward and tried to make her way back to the couch where her gun was in her handback. She would grab it and roll back into cover if she could.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @galactic-vagabond422, @Ktala, @Mitth-Fisto, @LordTroepfchen

23. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"Damn it." Jane screamed as her bullets hit harmlessly against the thick glass. Her anger blinded her to the simple fact that her Uncle was no fool of course he would have secured his vehicle. Her three shots at the fleeing form of Simmons sail past him not making contact. Her target turned gun in hand. For a split second she wanted to stand and take her chances, her aim was steady now, focused on the man before her. However her training came back to her and she ducked behind the car slamming her back painfully into the side. She waits for only a breath before appearing from behind the trunk and letting off three more shots these far more calm and put together than she was previously.

Blood would be shed, hers or his it didn't matter anymore.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Soon the time came as his eyes adjusted that he was able to make out the two men coming in with guns blazing. One he instantly recognized. It was the Hunter. His Hunter. Only the man wasn't shooting at him, he was focusing on the fake Elena, who was. . .most likely hiding behind a flimsy piece of cover if he was reading the situation properly as he took in the other's injuries and state of action.

Looking over as he fumbled with his concealed gun he looked at Sebastian. The man was aiming even as he brought his own gun up, he prepared to fire and it seemed like time stood still, he took aim, and then a loud noise rattled through his clouded senses before he even pulled the trigger. Then it happened again, time slowed as he squeezed down, foot bumping something solid on the ground that would not move as he fire and then the chair scraped back across the floor as it gave way at the same instance the noise returned once more. He didn't know what to make of it as he had tried to shoot both men in the head before anything got worse. He knew what would come next, he would check on the others. See if anything else was waiting.

Then he would die, and hope it would be enough.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins, @galactic-vagabond422, @Ktala, @TheSithGirly

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007

"Confirmed, Mr. President." The man on the other side answered and the line was killed, as the men moved out to do their job.

"Professor, I think you are no longer welcome here." Thompson stated in a calm voice his hand still at his sidearm. "My men will bring you to a waiting area until the President has decided what to do with you."

The Professor looked at the President. Then at Ayshe and Thompson. Finally he nodded. He stepped towards the door where a soldier entered to escort him out.

"I actually think you just killed yourself, Mr. President." He said before leaving, obviously defeated. He left without a word.

"Kila kitu kilichotokea kama unavyoendelea." The words in the strange language came from a man who had appeared from nowhere behind the still silent Matt who almost jumped around. The man had the dark skin that Ayshe had and was about her age, but was wearing Jeans and a shirt and sneakers. He smiled at Matt and the President.

"Mr. President. This is Beta or Karim as he is called."

Karim gave the president a short glance and walked over to Ayshe. He knelt next to her and smiled. "Watawaka." He smiled at her with feverish enthusiasm in his eyes. Matt moved for the first time since the whole scene had begun. And voiced the most pressing question. "Will the squad succeed? Or Ms. Liang? Will LEGO die?"

Somehow his voice did not tell of he thought this was a preferable outcome or not.

Tag: @HanSolo29, @SirakRomar

They were both furious. Jane's burning anger was met by a cold burning fury of Simmons. Both were experts in this kind of situation and both probably did not what their training had told them too.

But when Jane's training kicked in ducking away certainly saved her live. When she came up to shoot she immediately felt the burning sensation of being shot into the shoulder. It did not affect the outcome of her attack though. She saw the spraying blood. She had missed his head with her first bullet but her second grazed his neck and made his next shot miss her. The third one hit his chest, where the dum-dum bullets had most effect. Simmons was ripped from his feet and fell out of her sight to the ground.

Thankfully he had used standard 9mm bullets or her arm would have been lost. This way the wound left her with a burning pain in her left shoulder. Painful but certainly not lethal.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

Both Kawin and LEGO probably had to realize that combat was neither hunting nor target practice. These targets moved and they knew how to move ... when they could move. The moment they froze were more than enough to take the advantage of superior training from them.

The Asian man was hit by the shots of both Kawin and LEGO right in the head and collapsed immediately. The man reloading ... the Hunter ... was faster. The first bullet hit him, but not in the head as Kawin had hoped for ... instantly the Hunter allowed himself to fall and his submachine gun tumbled from his hands. He was hit by another bullet from Legos salvo on his way to the ground and screamed out in pain as he tried to fumble his gun from his jacket with his left hand.

At least he could not fire at Maria as she made her move and she managed to grab her bag successfully from the couch which was now ripped to pieces by the salvo that hit it.

Kawin saw the dead body of the black man called lambs right next to him. The boy lay nearby not moving anymore. Then the assassin who had closed in. And ... only now Kawin saw in his left hand a second gun drawn. A tranquilizer gun he never got around to use. Also Kawin was actually the only unharmed member of their assembly.

Tag: @TheSithGirly, @Mitth-Fisto, @DarkLordoftheFins, @Ktala, @galaxtic-vagabond422

A motel room, New York

Arthur shrugged and continued his story.

"Second time I actually had no idea what had happened the first time around ... but seriously ... someone in our team did. They decided to dig up our material from someplace humans don't exist. Smart idea. Deep sea drilling. Expensive sci-fi stuff. Took us ten years to get what we needed from the Atlantic bottom of the sea. But sorry if I have to laugh, you know the problem? Physics and biology ... two very different fields. We had no biology expert in our team to be honest. So we failed in such a grandiose way. You have figured it out already? Did you? Of course you have. You aren't as stupid as the group of smartest people ever assembled on the planet of course. Fish! Small fish ate the organic material from the ground, was eaten by not so small fish, was eaten by pretty big fish which was ultimately eaten by ... you. So you had very, very small amounts of the same materials in yourself we used for our second generator. This time even we got it."

Arthur shook his head. "When Professor Jared called we finally understood. It could not be a coincidence." He laughed. "Let me guess where YOU are living, they eat a lot of fish. Do they?"

The man nodded. "Hamburg is famous for the fish."

Tag: Nobody

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.