main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Washington D.C., The Morton Hotels and Alley

The hairs on the back of Kyle's neck were steadily rising, as the man spoke to him. At each sentence was more dire than the first. When Kyle proclaimed his innocence, the man replied, "Not everybody would agree to that, I assume." Kyle frowned as the man stepped back, and looked up for a second. To Kyle's second statement about having never meeting, his response was even more cryptic.

"That is also a question of perspective I'd say." WHAT?!?! Kyle thought to himself. The man shrugged. "These things are terribly complicated. But I hoped you would not be here so soon. Because this means it will begin. Soon. In a few seconds, as a matter of fact."

What?! What was about to happen in a few seconds?! Kyle noticed the man was retreating back into the shadows. Kyle's breathing picked up a bit. The strange man spoke once more. "What I did was not easy. I just want you to know. We will be friends. And I do not have too many friends. So I am sorry about what will happen next. I am very sorry about what I will do to you."

Fear crawled up him spine as Kyle took a step back. What he WILL do?!! What was he going to do? Why does this dude keep speaking in stuff like what he did... or what he WOULD do.. The man paused. "But the worst evil in the world, is probably the one that is necessary." There was a noise, a sound from somewhere close. As Kyle's head shot upwards from the distraction, he heard the man say,

"You will understand, in time." Understand WHAT in time? Kyle looked back down to ask the man what he meant, but the man was gone. And someone was making his way quickly down the fire escape. Kyle looked around frantically. How had the man disappeared so fast? And what about the guy coming down the stairs? Was the person coming down the stairs an enemy? Kyle jumped back behind the garbage bin, as he looked around. He needed an exit. But he dare not run now. The person on the stairs was too close. Was it the tagger dude? Was these two working together? Too many questions. Kyle had never felt so terrified in his life. It was like a some weird novel coming to life. Why would anyone be after him? He had not done anything! But that didnt seem to matter. The guy, if he believed him, said there would be no place to run. Terror froze him to the spot, as he waited to see who came off the stairs. Maybe, he could use the stair to escape, whatever was about to happen. Nothing made sense anymore. He had no real reason to believe the old guy, but yet... something in the man's words and tone, terrified him even more.

Kyle looked behind the trash bin, looking to see if there were any places he could escape through.

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins, LordTroepfchen

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane
    Baltimore, Street

A sting of soft curses fly from Jane's mouth realizing that there was no one in the house. Had she moved too slowly, had their target escaped? Unacceptable, anger rose in the freelancer's heart, someone was selling them out. Once Jane got her hands on them, they would regret everything they've done in this life. Putting away her tools she rushed around to the front of the house hoping to maybe catch Lambs before he could disappear.

Her weapon was drawn and, death was in her eyes as she came around the corner. Before she could raise her arm Jane noticed her target on the ground, Maria standing over him. There were two red blooms on his chest, and a crimson dot in the center of her head.

A cruel smile curled her lips, she could recall her first kill, and every kill after it. The recoil that sung through her body, making her heart skip a beat and causing her breath to still, the smell of cordite that hung in the air. It was like a drug, the best she knew of. As Maria grabbed the phone and began to run Jane mirrored the movements, rushing back to the car.

Once there Jane would say what was on her mind, she wouldn't that they were sold out, that much was oblivious. She would say something that maybe carried a bit of her paranoia with it.

"We can't trust anyone," she said voice low and serious, "I wouldn't even trust Simmons but, you seem to have an inside track with him. So tell me, how much control does he have, how many people know about this? Do you have names, addresses, anything we can use to track them down and clean this mess up?" There was an edge to her voice, a violent one. Someone nearly ruined Jane's job, one that was still unfinished. She wanted to end them, in part for operational security, and part for revenge.

TAG: TheSithGirly LordTroepfchen

3. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, Baltimore, Street

She jumped into the car. Adrenaline still rushed into her head like a natural opiate.

"We can't trust anyone," Jane said voice low and serious, "I wouldn't even trust Simmons but, you seem to have an inside track with him. So tell me, how much control does he have, how many people know about this? Do you have names, addresses, anything we can use to track them down and clean this mess up?"

"Adrian would never compromise an operation. He also never tells anyone about the details. Must be an insider." There she said it. She knew this one was deep black. Deeper than the others knew. Someone had authorized it, but even he would not know any details. Adrian was not ordered. He was unleashed.

"I have the phone. We will know soon enough where the call came from." She sighed. "Or at least what kind of skillset we are up against." Slowly her mind began to work again. "The Asian one." She repeated Lambs words. "Lambs told the person on the other side of the line that he faces the Asian one. That means they have very detailed information on us. We must warn the others. And report this to Adrian." He had to know. They could all run into traps. This could have been a trap from the very start. A trap for Adrian. Who else was important enough?

"Let us skip the plane. It is an one hour drive. We change to the next clean car on our list and drive." She sighed. "When we get there I will know more about this."

Tag: GalacticVagabond, LordT

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Oval Office, White House, Washington D.C.

As the General gave his account of the events that took place that afternoon, Kurt stood with his back against his desk, one hand resting on his chin in contemplation. He did not make eye contact, but simply stared at a fixed point on the floor as he listened. The commentary was disturbing, to say the least, and it was becoming abundantly clear that the scope of this thing was reaching far beyond anything he had originally anticipated. If not contained, he could have a real crisis on his hands.

The CIA’s involvement was his greatest concern at the moment; what tip did Roberts receive to spur this whole thing into action? The questions directed at Meyers had been very specific. Did they expect some kind of military coup? And if so, how was that connected to Antville? It was enough to raise his suspicions, and he wanted a formal briefing on the matter.

Before Kurt could verbally make his intentions known, Matt stepped in to express his own reservations. "Why did you not call us?" he asked.

There was a pause from Meyers, the delay prompting Kurt to stand up a little straighter and cross his arms over his chest with an air of impatience.

Finally, the General spoke, “Mr. President, all of this was long before your term. Different times and different enemies.

“I’m well aware that,” he said evenly, inclining his head slightly as he studied the other man. “However, the fact remains that we are all gathered here at nearly ten o'clock at night to discuss the operation in question because you discovered a connection that makes it relevant to current events. Did I interpret that correctly?" He shook his head with an assured smile. “If that's the case, then I believe that now makes it my concern as well, General. Fill me in.”

Meyers leaned back, seemingly relenting. "Mr. President," he continued coolly. "Do you know what an Antville-Operation is?"

And there it was.

Antville.

With a sigh, Kurt reached up and idly rubbed at his jaw, a nervous habit he had developed over the years for when he was overly concerned about something. In this context, Antville certainly qualified. While he had never served in the armed forces himself, he could still perceive the underlying meaning of the term and deduce that the situation was critical.

Still, a full explanation would be necessary before he could take action.

"No," he confessed with a bit of an edge to his voice. "But I'm listening…"

There was a another pause as he exchanged glances with Matt. "And then there's this." He presented a crumpled piece of paper to the General; it was the same piece of paper that featured LEGO's latest masterpiece.

TAG: LordTroepfchen

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Vancover, Canada, Suncor INC. Administration Center

Jerry shrugged. "Sure", was his only replay. Tina took it less lightly. Already nervous she almost jumped up and down and nodded. "Oh of course yes sure I hope to see you soon and what a pleasure to meet you I am so excited to work here ..." It was talking as if all sentences melted into one pot of insecurity. "Intake care of her." Jerry sighed and then gave her a broad shark grin. "Hey Sweetie."

Kawin just hung his head as he left, if he felt bad about leaving on some fools errand due to a cell phone this definitely drove home that guilt. He nearly said nevermind and stayed, but he just had to see. He just had to see if just this once he was destined for some kind of adventure that would break up the monotony of his life more so than a hunting or fishing vacation!

He made it out without anyone taking too much notice. He was almost out of the building when he recognized someone he actually did not recognize. A young man at the reception. "My name is Ben Miller frontage national lottery, I am looking for one hell of a lucky bastard called Kevin Mutarangow." The name was spoken in the most American way one could spell it. But the man did not look like a lottery man. Of course Kate from reception did not have the brain for that. At least he had not seen Kawin yet and it was still possible to slip past him.

Of course saying slip past him easily and doing so was a simpler matter to say than to do. To brazenly just walk past the man was a flirting with danger situation so that was scrapped as he most likely would be seen by Kate who would totally point him out and possibly hope for a reward for knowing him and helping him with the lottery. This had the feel like getting served by his ex-wife again, although if that voice on the phone was true it was something much, much worse coming for him.

Although one thing was for certain, this Ben was nothing good. Turning he went down another hallway for the door of shame, at least as some liked to call it. Every building had secret entrances and exists, or at least that is what the employees liked to think of them as, when really they were just added passages for fire emergencies and regulations. Kind of like that double toilet in the handicap stall made them meet the minimum requirements for the number of people working there. Not that two people would ever share the stall.

So it was out the side exit that was rumored that some of the upper management would use to sneak in and out during the day while peons like him kept working the entire work day in druggery. From there it shouldn't be too much further around to where his car is parked. Still, as he walked he pulled out his own personal cell and began prying it apart as he walked. Time to pull the battery.

Tag: LordTroepfchen

6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Car

Another curse left Jane's mouth. Who was it, Rutherford, maybe, he was a professional and wouldn't jeopardize the mission so easily, same with John. Her most likely candidate would be Antony, the marshal. He seemed too squeamish for this kind of work, too cagey for her liking. He could be the one that turned on them, or was against them from the start. It was far too early for someone to have been turned. There was a mole in the operation, someone that was planted in this team to sabotage it.

Jane nodded her head accepting Maria's assessment that they should drive. Part of her wanted to torch the car or ditch it into the bay. However they didn't really have the time to do either of those. Swapping would have to work. She pulled up the phone finding the nearest vehicle and jumping in. Before leaving she did note where she left the other one so that Simmons could clean it up. However she felt wrong about doing it. She didn't know if she could trust him. Maria's trust seemed absolute but, Jane, never truly trusted anyone well except for four people, two of whom are dead, her father, her mother, and her two uncles.

She pulled up a map and found the fastest route back to Washington.

"Does Simmons have a place he likes to meet, some place he'll be so we can get a message to him without using phones? If there's someone on the inside, we can't rely on the tech given to us. It could already be in the hands of those working against us." She asked curious as to how much Maria knew about the mysterious Mr. Simmons.

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Morton Hotel, Washington D.C.

What the hell am I doing here?

Sebastian pushed the gun into his belt. He jumped down the last few meters and stood in the dark alley. Two people had been talking here and suddenly there was none? Well, the boy ... he had to find the boy.

"Kyle? It is Kyle, is it? I am Sebastian. Think we met before, but kinda forgot to introduce ourselves." He did not know what to say. He had no idea what he could possibly say that did not sound crazy. So let me try crazy, then.

"Listen Kyle, I have no idea what is going on here. But I got the feeling we have something in common. We have the frigging strangest night of our lives, perhaps. I don't know about you, but in my case that is saying something." He paused and raised his arms. "I tell you how it is. Someone called me and said, that if I let you leave you will be dead by dawn." He had to laugh a bit. "I don't know her. I don't know what the hell is going on here. I do not know you. But hell, if I can do anything about it, I do not let people die. That girl knew stuff. Stuff she could not know." He looked around to spot the boy, but it was dark. "So if you come out, I would love to hear who wants to kill you. If you don't believe me that is fine by me. Run. I won't stop you."

He wondered what he would do. Anyway, was the boys decision now. All he could do was offer his help.

Tag: LordT, Ktala

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle

As Kyle hid behind the dumpster, trying to decide what to do next, he heard the sound of feet hitting the ground. The guy on the fire escape? As he peeked around, the guy looked like the tagger. What the @#!? was going on? The man started to speak.

"Kyle? It is Kyle, is it? I am Sebastian. Think we met before, but kinda forgot to introduce ourselves." Kyle swallowed hard. Was he wearing a friggin name tag? How was everyone knowing his name? The man continued to talk. "Listen Kyle, I have no idea what is going on here. But I got the feeling we have something in common. We have the frigging strangest night of our lives, perhaps. I don't know about you, but in my case that is saying something."

Well, Kyle could certainly agree with that. The man paused, raising his arms. "I tell you how it is. Someone called me and said, that if I let you leave you will be dead by dawn." Kyle's eyes went wide. DEAD!... as in DEAD, DEAD?!! Why would ANYONE want him dead? He had not done anything!!! Why was this happening? All he wanted was a safe place to sleep. Why would anyone want him, a street kid dead? He had not seen anything? ..well, not counting this strange night. But someone tagging a wall, was not enough to want someone dead. And that guy was in front of him. So who..and why?

As Kyle started to hyperventilate, the man made a strange sound, and continued to talk. "I don't know her. I don't know what the hell is going on here. I do not know you. But hell, if I can do anything about it, I do not let people die. That girl knew stuff. Stuff she could not know." Another long pause. Kyle didnt know what to think. This was not making sense. But in the space of a few minutes, here was another person, who came out from the dark, and knew his name. And he said he got a call from some mysterious person, telling him stuff.

"So if you come out, I would love to hear who wants to kill you. If you don't believe me that is fine by me. Run. I won't stop you."

Okay. He was the SECOND man who told him, that if he ran, he would'nt make it. This guy...this Sebastian was more direct. Dead by dawn! What to do? Should he believe him? Or maybe ... this didnt make sense. If the man was right.. The man already had his name. Maybe he did know something he didnt know. Could this man want to kill him? If that was true, he probably woudlnt need the elaborate story. What to do? The other man said it was starting now. If that was the case... Kyle wiped at the water threatening to overflow his eyes. Now was not the time to lose it. But he was scared. Too much was going on he didnt understand. Kyle gritted his teeth so hard his jaw hurt. Time to decide.

Kyle stepped out from behind the trash bin.

"I..I dont know anything." Kyle slowly stated as he peeked out. "But that other guy. The one that spoke funny. "He said stuff..." Kyle looked around, and then back at the man who called himself Sebastian.

"Can... can we so someplace else? To talk? I dont think this place is so safe anymore." Kyle stood out a bit, his eyes wide, as he gave another swallow. This was way over his head. And as much as Kyle absolutely hated it, he needed help. At least, to figure out who was threatening to kill him.

"Please?"

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Morton Hotel, Washington D.C.

God is he young!

Sebastian had somehow expected the boy to have answers. Of course he had not. Rabbithole. Alice. To early in the game to relieve the unlikely hero of the piece. The rules of dramaturgy.

He looked around. "Well it is a dark alley. Pal, this is traditionally not exactly a safe spot. You know?" He had to smirk. "Well, if someone wants to kill you my room seems to have been ... compromised? That the word?" The diner. Diners had no cameras and were public enough to avoid being shot. "You look like you could have a proper meal. Let us see if we find a private corner in this diner over there."

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle

The tagger, Sebastian looked around before answering Kyle's question. "Well it is a dark alley. Pal, this is traditionally not exactly a safe spot. You know?" He smirked. Kyle shrugged his shoulders. "Depends on how well you know the streets. But after that weird guy..." Kyle shook his head, as Sebastian continued.

"Well, if someone wants to kill you, my room seems to have been ... compromised?" The man looked around once more. "You look like you could have a proper meal. Let us see if we find a private corner in this diner over there." Kyle looked over across the street. The diner? Diners have back doors. But like Sebastian stated, a meal did sound great. Actually, it sounded fantastic. Even with bad news, a guy's gotta eat. Kyle ran his fingers through his brown hair, pushing the hair from his eyes, as he looked back over at the man.

"Umm. Okay. I guess."

Kyle looked up at Sebastian, then back at the hotel, before looking at the diner once more. "And I can tell you what the crazy guy said.." Kyle mumbled the last part softly, ending with a deep sigh, as he waited for Sebastian to make the move, as he looked around the alleyway, seeing assassins in every dark shadow, while desperately trying to figure out why anyone would want to kill him?

11. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007

The diner was pretty empty at this hour and a single lonely middle-aged waitress was there and the cook. They both looked as if their shift had been a long one.

"What can I bring ya fellows?" She asked, ready to make notes while watching at the TV in the corner from time to time. Some talk show was running there. It also seemed to fascinate the only other customer in the diner, a guy in a grey overall, sitting next to the Bar.

Tag: Fin, Ktala

Washington D.C., The White House, Oval Office

Meyers took a deep breath. Now he seemed anxious. "There is no way this punk knows what Antville is, Sir." He pointed at the streetart. Matt only raised his brow. It was this "bull****"-bowrising that Kurt had seen destroying seasoned poincians. It was Matt natural reaction when he did believe what his opposite said was utter bull****. Meyers knew this already.

"It is humanly impossible. Antville. Antville." Meyers sighed. Then he spoke. "It was part of a secret order by Bush Jr.. Right after 9/11 when the agencies made dreams came true. Antville is the code name for an operation by the shadow network." The shadow network was the fancy name for the secret branch of the intelligence community that was responsible to assure absolute deniability. "Antville is the elimination of American citizens to avoid imminent dangers for national security. It is shoot first, investigate later. And it is authorized without the knowledge of the US President to protect him from the fallout of potential misjudgments. May I speak freely?" Matt looked at Kurt. "What do you think the US President called you here for?"

"It is a directive that should never have been authorized. It were different times. To my knowledge it was used once in 04. They did good. Dirty bomb in New York? Americas nightmare never happened and instead they fished five immigrants out of the Hudson. Ugly but a million lives were saved. Regrettably even then the investigation and NSA data never gave conclusive evidence for all five targets to having been involved. It is likely one of them was innocent." Meyers looked at Kurt. "The president approved the operation afterwards. They called it "going to Antville". Meyers pointed to the Grafitti. "The NSC is not involved in such matters, but when the deputy asked and I saw this graffiti ... I was curious if there was anything I needed to know."

Matt bit his lip and turned to Kurt. "So we basically are talking about unauthorized wetwork." He sighed. "Dammit, Meyers."

Tag: HanSolo29

The backdoor was unlocked. Only a few steps to the parking lot. Not far. But just as he approached the car, a message vibrated on his "new" mobile. "Do not use your car. Get a Taxi." And indeed something felt strange about the car. Hard to put the finger on, but something implied subtly someone had been with the car.

On the far side of the building the man from the lottery left the building. They had probably called his office and Jerry had told them that they he had left. But if any more confirmation was needed, the man had his hand in his jacket as he moved out. His polite, charming self was gone. His face a mask of pure dedication. It reminded Kawun probably about a hunter.

He had not seen Kawun yet, but took out his mobile and started to move towards the car park.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

ooc: TSG got everything for a combined that serves as your update for Baltimore.

TheSithGirly and HanSolo29 like this.
  12. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang, Baltimore, Street

(combined with LordT)

"I have a save line to communicate with him." That was all she was saying and then Maria took out her laptop and went to work.

The mobile was quickly analyzed. A mobile with a prepaid card and a 100 USD on it. One number. No history. They were not sold in the US these kind of cheap Chinese mobiles, so probably someone had bought them in Asia. They were quite popular there. The prepaid cards were a bit less anonymus. Bought in New York. Shop unknown, but she would find out eventually.

The number on the phone was named A FRIEND, but the number itself was another prepaid card. Bought in New York. Number unknown. Activated two days ago. Two days. If Simmons needed a day to assemble the hunting party that was the time when he had authorized the operation. "Whoever is working against us is in New York. And the leak must be somewhere in the chain of command. Simmons has to know. Whoever did this knew he was preparing the operation and was in a hurry to take counter measures." Maria told her "partner". Work was good, it helped her to keep her mind from the fact she had killed somebody.

She opened the secured chat to Simmons and wrote a simple message: ONE IS DOWN. MISSION COMPROMISED. TARGET WARNED VIA A PHONE SEND BY COURIER FROM SOMEONE IN NEW YORK. PHONE WAS BOUGHT TWO DAYS AGO.

The answer came to her surprise immediately.

S: I KNOW. SAME WITH THE SPANIARD. TWO DOWN.

"Wasn't only Lambs. The Spaniard had a mobile, too. It did not save him either."

This was strange. Anyone who could have known could have taken more effective measures to avoid the hit. Then again the traitor probably did not have the Ressourcen to assemble a team in 24 hours. Not everybody had Simmons contacts.

ORDERS?

S: MEET JOEL IN NEW YORK. HUNT DOWN TRAITOR. MOORE AND RUTHERFORD WORK THE LIST.

Maria sighed. "Okay, we need to turn around. Adrian wants us in New York. We need to hunt down our traitor." Maria looked at Jane and sighed. "When we are there I should have located the store the SIM cards were acquired at."

And indeed her algorithm found the shop within an hour. It was in Manhattan. Paid in cash. Five SIM cards. No registered buyer.

Maria gave Jane the address and decided against texting Joel yet.

Tag: GalacticVagabond, LordT

Ktala likes this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Vancover, Canada, Suncor INC. Administration Center Parking Lot

Kawin was grateful as he stepped out the back door after removing the battery from his regular phone and stashing both halves in a pocket, well not so grateful to be doing such, but the fact that he had been able to step out the back as the door was unlocked. It was only a few steps to the parking lot and hopefully Jerry would be too busy with the young lady to make his leaving known. Not far now.

But just as he approached the car, a message vibrated on his "new" mobile. "Do not use your car. Get a Taxi." Perhaps it was just paranoia, but honestly after seeing that 'lottery man' inside and now after this text he paused to look at his car and something just. . .felt wrong. Almost like when you leave a mechanic and you just know they had gone through your stuff and you have to wrack your brain to check that nothing is missing. Only given the warning from earlier, he was more worried something had been added.

The why of this whole situation though was truly bizarre, beyond his ex he couldn't think of anyone that would want him dead, and to be honest he did not even think his ex felt that way. Scraching his head he stepped back toward the doorway and tried to get his bearings, not only for the quickest route out of here but also why? I mean seriously, he payed his taxes and even had settled more than fairly with that soul sucking banshee.

Hearing somebody leaving through the more conventional route on the far side of the building he peeked his head out to see the man from 'the lottery' leaving the building. They had probably called his office and Jerry had told them that they he had left far to quickly, but that was his luck this day it seemed. Strangely tilted. But if any more confirmation was needed, the man had his hand in his jacket as he moved out. His polite, charming self was gone. His face a mask of pure dedication. It reminded Kawun of a hunter.

Now you could probably differentiate nine different types of hunters easy, but if you wanted to boil it down three gave a good spread of what you saw. One would be those out there to hunt, whether they needed the meat or not they were there to do what they said. Fairly serious but relaxed about it all, if they didn't get what they wanted it was no big deal, and if they did nothing would go to waste. Then you had the joy seekers, those that were just out to have a good time and an excuse to get away from society. Those kinds were the bane of any other hunters existence in the woods. And lastly in these broad arch types was the psychopaths and dedicated hunters, those who had to get what they came out for. If they didn't get it something or someone would suffer. And the look on that mans face was no 'lottery man', but someone from that last category, and it was a wise note he had learned long ago to stay out of their way.

He had not seen Kawun yet, but took out his mobile and started to move towards the car park. Definitely going to have to take the phones advice. Pulling it out he called for a cab to come to the community center as he headed away from the parking lot, angling for the trees as he tried to keep the edge of the building between him and the hunter. He would have to stay low, call the cab to come in ten minutes and follow the tree line south, switch back to west behind the small housing community, and then pop out through the courts at the back of the center. Then, ugh, perhaps drop off at the IKEA parking lot?

Tag: LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

I am so cliche!

Sebastian smiled at the waitress and looked around in the diner. It was exactly how he expected it to be. "A coffee for me and the boy gets whatever he wants." He smiled, waited for Kyle to order and the waitress to leave, before he turned his attention fully to the mysterious boy.

"So you met a guy? Who Light have something to do with this? Guess you have met one guy more than I did, actually. What did he say? He tried to harm you?"

The boy obviously lived on the streets. Sebastian wondered what his story was. "Oh and by the way I am Sebastian."

He gave the diner another look around. The evening was heightening his paranoia. Well. Someone wanted to kill him and the boy. Right? Paranoia seemed like a very, very healthy reaction to that.

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Diner, Washington D.C.

Kyle looked around the diner. It was pretty empty. That was good. The quickly grabbed an empty booth. The waitress came over to them, asking what she could bring them. Kyle was surprised by the response from his new companion.

"A coffee for me and the boy gets whatever he wants."

Kyle tried not to let his eyes grow to big. He coughed into his hand, before he answered. "Umm. Can I get a Coke. And a grill cheese sandwich. And some fries." He hoped he didnt sound to greedy. But he was pretty hungry. The waitress took their order and then left. Then Sebastian looked at Kyle. "So you met a guy? Who Light have something to do with this? Guess you have met one guy more than I did, actually. What did he say? He tried to harm you?" Sebastian paused. "Oh and by the way I am Sebastian."

Kyle gave a nod, frowning slightly, confused. Light? Who was Light? Kyle gave a shrug of his shoulders. "I dunno. He didnt try to hurt me. He.. I think he just wanted to talk. He was really strange. Spoke with an accent. I really thought it was you at first. He was kinda dressed the same way. And his accent. German I think. But that wasnt the weird part."

Kyle paused, when he saw Sebastian look around the dinner. Kyle looked around as well. After letting go of the breath he was holding, he continued, dropping his voice so that only Sebastian could hear him.

"When I told him that I had not done anything, he told me that 'Not everybody would agree to that, I assume.'" Kyle scratched his head. "Then, the old guy said that "He hoped that we would not meet again so soon." Kyle sputtered, "I've never seen the guy before in my life! But he knew my name. And I didnt tell him my name."

Kyle paused, as the waitress came back with Sebastian's coffee, and a coke for Kyle. He kicked his leg, trying to calm himself, as he remembered what the strange man had told him. He resisted immediately reaching out to sip on the soda, instead waiting for the waitress to go away again. He then took a sniff of the drink. Having people tell you, that someone is trying to kill you, suddenly make you a bit more cautious. Even though he was hungry, the thought suddenly came to him, as he saw the drink. Suddenly, he wasnt so sure anymore. Maybe he was letting his imagination get to him. Kyle waited, a few more seconds, before he continued.

"The old guy got really weird then. "Cause he said..um.. That it was all a question of perspective. And that things were terribly complicated. And that something was beginning. Now." Kyle gave a deep sigh. "Then the spooky part. The guy said, "What he did was not easy. He wanted me to know. And that we would be friends. And that he didnt have too many friends. And that he was sorry about what will happen next." Kyle paused a moment. "He actually said, I am very sorry about what I will do to you." Kyle frowned. "What I WILL do to you? as in the future? "

Kyle shuddered again. The guy kept talking weird. His last bit, I dont get at all.. not like I got any of the other parts. He said, 'But the worst evil in the world, is probably the one that is necessary.' And then he said, I would understand, in time. And he was gone. And then you showed up." Kyle grew silent then, looking down at the table for a moment. "I sure hope Mickey didnt get in too much trouble." Kyle looked up from the table. "The guard at the school. Nice guy." Kyle paused. "So.. do you know why they are after you?" he asked Sebastian. Kyle stared at the drink, pulling it close to him, but still nervous. Kyle looked around the dinner again, as he idly tugged on his jacket sleeve, feeling very exposed. He wanted to go hide someplace. And right now, he felt very exposed. And afraid.

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Oval Office, White House, Washington D.C.

Kurt's silence was palpable as he listened to the General recount his tale of intrigue about a government mandate designed to target the very citizens he had been empowered to protect. It was cruel and downright deplorable, especially when he took a moment to consider the consequences. And even more damning was the fact that it had apparently been sanctioned by the very people he had appointed to help him lead – people he trusted. While he understood the need to withhold information to preserve his integrity – plausible deniability – this was taking things a step too far. It left him powerless.

As Meyers finished, Kurt's hand came back up to his chin in contemplation, his eyes narrowing as he tried to keep his anger in check. Fortunately, it was Matt who spoke first, allotting him the time to rein in his emotions so that he could rationally handle the situation.

"So we basically are talking about unauthorized wetwork," Matt sighed, clearly disturbed. "Dammit, Meyers."

Kurt took that opportunity to step in, his demeanor now surprisingly calm. "Matt…" he warned, raising his hand to stop the man from condemning the General further. The last thing he wanted to do was to place blame before they had gathered all of the facts. Call it intuition, but Kurt truly felt that the General was innocent.

With a sigh, he came around to stand before Meyers, his expression somber, but still with a hint of a smile to keep the man at ease.

"Roger, you did the right thing in letting me know," he offered, his voice unwavering. "I understand it was a risk and there may be consequences involved, but it won't go unnoticed. I will take care of it."

He held the other man's gaze for a long moment before turning away, now placing his hands on his waist as he began to pace. There were too many loose ends – too many things that didn't make sense. For one, there was the odd connection to the street artist and Matt's casual mention of the professor. How did he know about Antville? For that matter, how did any of them know?

"Gentlemen, I'm concerned over the manner in which this leaked," he stated as he came to a halt. Reaching out, he coolly took the paper depicting the street art from the General's grasp and studied it intently. "Now, I may be speculating here, but I suspect someone on the inside deliberately planted this as a scare tactic. I would never support a directive that jeopardizes the lives of the American people. You know that...and they know that." His gaze passed solemnly over the two men before he continued. "As it is, Antville is subtle enough that the media won't immediately latch on to its meaning, but if they had some help…"

There was a pause as his countenance darkened, his anger starting to build once more as realization dawned. It was no secret that Kurt could have a bit of a temper. In this case, it was warranted. "Dammit…" he spat as he exhaled. "They're trying to force my hand. That's blackmail...and I won't tolerate it!"

Kurt slammed the paper down on his desk to emphasize his point as he turned to Matt. "I want a handle on this thing...now," he demanded as he straightened himself to his full height. "See if you can raise Roberts over at Langley – get him into a conference call with Homeland Security. Wake them if you have to. If it's true that this operation is only authorized on the basis of a national security threat, then I want to know about it. We'll start there..."

He motioned for the men to get to work as he moved around to stand behind his desk. "No one is going to die on account of this thing...not on my watch."

TAG: LordTroepfchen

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

He laughed, he had to. It was more a desperate laugh.

"That is indeed the spookiest thing I have ever heard." Sebastian had to admit. "And confusing." He looked down at the sweater. "The accent is German. I am from Gernany." He explained. The man was wearing his clothes? Well, a grey hoodie. This thing had cost 10 Euro at H&M. Ten years ago. He had a bunch of those. Blue and grey. He liked to wear them for work because they were so unrecognizable. Generic. But a German accent? Had someone followed him? The copycat? Was there a larger plan at work? Someone wanting to discredit LEGO? By killing a boy? It made no sense. He was not that important. He simply wasn't. And the boy did not look that important either. And poor. Why kill him?

This was the moment he would have shrugged all of it off as a joke, if there hasn't been the gun.

"Okay, mine was creepy, too. But nowhere near yours. A package to a hotel nobody is supposed to know I am staying. Inside a gun and a mobile. A friggin gun. I never had a gun or wanted one. Not since my youth I have touched one. Guns are illegal where I am coming from. Well. Then a call. Someone wants to kill me. Someone wants to kill you. Your name. And the simple statement ... of you let him leave, he will be dead before the night is over." He sighed. "A girl talked. Slight accent, too. But not German. Eastern, I'd say." He looked at Kyle and was silent while the food was brought. When the waitress left he talked again. "She knew who I am. Nobody does. Anonymity is part of my art. My real identity is one of the best kept secrets in the world of art and for her ... it was as if we had known each other for some time." He shrugged. "I do not want anybody to die, so I came for you and here we are."

The other German left him no peace. The copycat and a German dressed like him? A few coincidences to many. Well, all of this was incredibly strange. "So someone wants to kill us and we have no idea who or why. Someone is trying to save us and we have no idea who or why. The girl seems to know though. Any idea who she is?"

He suspected Kyle would not know. The boy knew as little as he did. But he would die first and Sebastian did not want that.

The man apologized for what he would do to the boy? Was he the killer? Waiting in the back alley of Sebastian's hotel? Why had he not killed him then? No, the voice said if Kyle LEFT he would die. So the killer was somewhere out here and for some reason she had been very certain Kyle would run into him.

Ktala likes this.
  18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Diner, Washington D.C.

Kyle jumped slightly at the older man's laughter. He didnt see anything funny at the moment. Perhaps it was nervous laughter. Sebastian then spoke. "That is indeed the spookiest thing I have ever heard." Sebastian had to admit. "And confusing." He looked down, pausing for a moment. "The accent is German. I am from Germany." That made Kyle even more uncomfortable. It was creepy. Why was the guy dressed like Sebastian? Kyle looked back up from his thoughts, as Sebastian continued to speak.

"Okay, mine was creepy, too. But nowhere near yours. A package to a hotel nobody is supposed to know I am staying. Inside a gun and a mobile. A friggin gun. I never had a gun or wanted one. Not since my youth I have touched one. Guns are illegal where I am coming from. Well. Then a call. Someone wants to kill me. Someone wants to kill you. Your name. And the simple statement ... of you let him leave, he will be dead before the night is over." He sighed. "A girl talked. Slight accent, too. But not German. Eastern, I'd say." They paused as the waitress brought over their food. Once she left, he continued, talking once more about the woman on the phone. "She knew who I am. Nobody does. Anonymity is part of my art. My real identity is one of the best kept secrets in the world of art and for her ... it was as if we had known each other for some time." He shrugged. "I do not want anybody to die, so I came for you and here we are."

Kyle shuddered. He hated guns. Didnt like to be around them. And they mailed a gun to this guy. And a phone? And they knew their names. Sebastian kept his real name hidden too. Kyle chewed on his lip. Sebastain spoke up once more. "So someone wants to kill us and we have no idea who or why. Someone is trying to save us and we have no idea who or why. The girl seems to know though. Any idea who she is?"

Kyle shook his head. "I dont know many girls. And the last ladies I knew..." Kyle frowned, remembering the kind neighbor who had raised him. Pushing aside the painful memory, he shook his head again. ".. The're gone." Kyle sighed deeply, then looked up at Sebastian. "But, your famous. You do stuff people see. But Im a nobody. I like computers. But heck, that covers a lot of folks. Why me?" Kyle scratched his head. "So, what are we supposed to do? They said if I left, I'd be toast. So it kinda sounds like they are close by. REAL CLOSE. Should we be hiding? Change the way we look? Wait for a call?" Kyle stared at the food, but found that he was losing his appetite quickly. Maybe he would take it to go. Kyle made a face. "I mean. How did they know I was going to be here? I followed you. I barely managed. That old dude had to be there before me. He was sick sounding. No way he could have walked, much less run that fast. Maybe they are using street cams?"

Kyle looked over at Sebastian, and let his gaze drift over towards the TV playing in the diner, and the other lone diner. Kyle had been threatened before. Beat up. Stuff like that. But being told that someone is trying to kill you, and really meaning it, was a brand new experience for him. One he was quite unprepared for.

19. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: I get old. I just realized I forgot to post this.

Washington D.C., Diner near The Morton Hotel

Another guest arrived in the diner and took of his coat. He had a pretty cheap looking suit below it and did not look into the direction of them. Sebastian could see him, but Kyle probably only heard him.

"Coffee, please." He sighed and yawned.

Tag: Fin, Ktala

Washington D.C., The White House, Oval Office

"Sir, may I advise against this?" Meyers said and looked at both men. "I share your suspicions about this graffiti. But if an operation is going on we need to be very discrete. There might be a good reason for the secrecy." Matt looked straight at Meyers. "And what would that be?"

"Whoever initiated it might have reason not to trust your people, Sir." Meyers pointed out. "There is a leak to this artist. The people who run such operations do not leak. So someone is talking." Meyers sighed. "These things are not initiated for no readon, Mr. President."

Matt was silent. "This Professor. He knew something about this. He mentioned Antville, too. Maybe we talk to him first? Leave Roberts out of this for now?"

Meyers sighed. "Sir, I might have a specialist to have a more discrete look into this. If you wish I could activate her."

Matt shook his head. "How did this happen? I get this Professor here. Now."

The tension was in the room. Somewhere out there was killing US citizens. But why? And who?

Tag: HanSolo29

Kawun executed his plan and when he looked back he saw the hunter at his car. Still calling to someone and looking around. He looked unhappy. Obviously he had understood his victim had been warned.

But he did not spot him. When Kawun arrived at the meeting point he was pretty sure that he had lost him for now. He had escaped what seemed to have been an assassination attempt on his life.

The cab was arriving as ordered and a young woman leaned forward from the window. "You ordered a cab?"

A single message on his phone appeared. A FRIEND again. YOU MADE IT?

Tag: Mitth_Fisto

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

The boy had a point. They needed to do something. Actually he was an expert in hiding. But his hiding was letting nobody know he exists. They - whoever "they" were - seemed to know that already.

"We need to keep a cool head. Those two people ... the old man and the girl ... they could have killed us. They did not. It is not them. So it is someone else. How do we avoid an unknown attacker best? We keep on moving. We stay together. I got cash. So I'd say we move and wait for the girl to call and hopefully tell us a bit more about all of this. Then we should go to the police. If we are certain they are not part of the problem. If they are ... we need to think about getting out of the country. For now, I'd say we watch the hotel if anybody shows up and then I get the cash, some stuff and we move. Maybe a greyhound somewhere." Sebastian looked at the boy. "Coffee? I need another one. Guess we won't get that much sleep."

How did that happen? How the hell did that happen?

A man came in and asked for coffee. A late worker. Was pretty late for coffee.

"Do you have family? We should probably warn them. They might be in danger." A terrifying thought. He was happy he was such a lone wolf, suddenly.

Ktala likes this.
  21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Diner, Washington D.C.

"We need to keep a cool head. Those two people ... the old man and the girl ... they could have killed us. They did not. It is not them. So it is someone else. How do we avoid an unknown attacker best? We keep on moving. We stay together. I got cash. So I'd say we move and wait for the girl to call and hopefully tell us a bit more about all of
    this. Then we should go to the police. If we are certain they are not part of the problem. If they are ... we need to think about getting out of the country. For now, I'd say we watch the hotel if anybody shows up and then I get the cash, some stuff and we move. Maybe a greyhound somewhere." Sebastian looked at the boy. "Coffee? I need another one. Guess we won't get that much sleep."

Kyle slowly nodded. "Sure." Kyle began to pick at the food, tasting a tiny bit of it. It seemed good. Kyle thought about Sebastian's ideas. They seemed good. But he frowned, speaking to Sebastian. "I dunno about the police bit though. What exactly do you tell em? Somebody we dont know, is trying to kill us for some reason? Got no proof. We would sound like we're crazy." Kyle shrugged his shoulders. "Besides. They might wanna stick me in a group home. Ya know, child services crap. Im not having them lock me down, with folks I dont know...." Kyle grew silent, as a bit of anger crossed his face briefly. He remembered having to stop going to school, when his mom died. Had to leave the city he was used to entirely, to get away from the painful reminders. Kyle pouted slightly, digging at the food in front of him. The french fries were great. Kyle heard the new person walk into the diner, but he didnt turn around to look. That would look a bit obvious. No need to draw attention. Sebastian spoke to Kyle.

"Do you have family? We should probably warn them. They might be in danger."

Kyle slowly shook his head. "Nope. Nobody. Just little ole me." Kyle gave a half smile. He then leaned forward, and in a lower voice asked, "Ummm. What about disguises? Obviously, they know who we are. That means they might know what we look like. Maybe we should make ourselves look different, kinda? Kyle gave a soft laugh. "I woudlnt mind a make over, as the girls say." Kyle gave a smirk.

Kyle thought over what Sebastian told him, as he munched on the fries. He had an idea. "Wait. You said, that they told you, that if I left, then I would be toast. But they didnt tell you to get out? Makes me kinda think that whoever is after you, dosent know where you are exactly. Yet. Or they would have warned you to move. Im kinda guessing
    they might be more than one person. Makes it more scary. They probably know you are in the city. Just not where."

Kyle grew silent, munching on the fries, as he waited for Sebastian to give his thoughts.

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

The boy had a point, again.

"Makes sense. Hotel is not on my name, I pay everything in cash. It isn't easy to find me. You have been here for a while. Social workers. Other people on the street. They can find you by asking around and then follow the trail. Especially if you do not expect them to. Ok. That gives us an advantage. They won't suspect us together then. So they will be looking for a lonely boy your age. Not me and my little brother." Sebastian leaned back as the second coffee was brought. Refill, as they called it. Americans had good ideas.

"And a make over seems like a good idea. Maybe a new hair color? Glasses? Something like that." He liked the boy. He was smart. What had happened to him? Living on the street, fighting every day for survival ... seemed like such a waste of potential. And no family. An orphan. "And no police. I see." He smiled at Kyle. Then he had to wonder ... why would anyone have the boy dead? Why?

"So eat up and have some desert and then you go to my room and I get some disguise. Okay?" Sebastian took out the mobile and looked at it. "And maybe we call our friend then and as her what this is all about."

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

The boy had a point, again.

"Makes sense. Hotel is not on my name, I pay everything in cash. It isn't easy to find me. You have been here for a while. Social workers. Other people on the street. They can find you by asking around and then follow the trail. Especially if you do not expect them to. Ok. That gives us an advantage. They won't suspect us together then. So they will be looking for a lonely boy your age. Not me and my little brother." Sebastian leaned back as the second coffee was brought. Refill, as they called it. Americans had good ideas.

"And a make over seems like a good idea. Maybe a new hair color? Glasses? Something like that." He liked the boy. He was smart. What had happened to him? Living on the street, fighting every day for survival ... seemed like such a waste of potential. And no family. An orphan. "And no police. I see." He smiled at Kyle. Then he had to wonder ... why would anyone have the boy dead? Why?

"So eat up and have some desert and then you go to my room and I get some disguise. Okay?" Sebastian took out the mobile and looked at it. "And maybe we call our friend then and as her what this is all about."

Mitth_Fisto and Ktala like this.
  24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Diner, Washington D.C.

As Kyle munched on his fries, he listened to Sebastian's response to his questions. "Makes sense. Hotel is not on my name, I pay everything in cash. It isn't easy to find me. You have been here for a while. Social workers. Other people on the street. They can find you by asking around and then follow the trail. Especially if you do not expect
    them to. Ok. That gives us an advantage. They won't suspect us together then. So they will be looking for a lonely boy your age. Not me and my little brother." Sebastian leaned back as the second coffee was brought.

Kyle gave a very slight grin. Little brother? That didnt sound too bad. And the guy was right. They woudlnt be looking for a pair. As Kyle munched on another fry, he listened intently.

"And a make over seems like a good idea. Maybe a new hair color? Glasses? Something like that." Kyle nodded eagerly. That sounded like a really good idea. At least it was a plan. Kyle was glad the guy was not some flippy, artsy, pot smoking airhead, without a brain. No, this guy seemed like he had the right idea. Maybe because he liked living without folks knowing about him too.

"And no police. I see." Sebastian smiled at Kyle. Again, Kyle just simply nodded in agreement, glad he was willing to see reason to his request.

Another eager nod from Kyle, as he began to eat the rest of his meal. When the coffee came, he took a sip. He had drank coffee before, on the streets in order to keep warm. Easier to get than coco. And it made him seem older, even if it was only in his own mind.

"So eat up and have some desert and then you go to my room and I get some disguise. Okay?" Kyle watched as Sebastian took out, and looked over the cell phone. "And maybe we call our friend then and ask her what this is all about."

The grill cheese sandwich was still hot and gooey. As Kyle took a bite, he spoke between bites, "Ummm.How we gonna go to your room? Night clerk gonna wonder, if he saw ya go to your room... but didnt see you leave. And he sure aint gonna let me go up by myself, I bet." Kyle asked as he munched on the rest of his food.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Baltimore, Car

Jane was driving carefully, you never drove over the speed limit when you've killed someone. All it took was one slip up, one interview with the cops to blow your cover, have questions asked you didn't want asked. Every once in a while she spared a glace over to Maria, she was hard at work on her laptop. Jane chose not to interrupt though she was bursting with questions. Where did the phone come from, who called Lambs, who hired the currier? She would have her answers soon enough. It was peaceful driving, hearing Maria's fingers tack against the keyboard of her laptop.

"Wasn't only Lambs." Maria spoke breaking the peace that set in, "The Spaniard had a mobile, too. It did not save him either."

"Hum," that changed things, at least two targets were down, that still didn't solve the problem of the traitor.

Maria returned to tapping away. It was somewhat soothing like soft rain on the roof of her home…home how long had it been since she'd been this close. Just under two hundred miles, three hours away, rather than the few thousand she put between herself and that place on a regular basis. She screwed her eyes shut for just a moment then opened them again.

"Okay, we need to turn around. Adrian wants us in New York. We need to hunt down our traitor." Jane looked over to Maria as she sighed, "When we are there I should have located the store the SIM cards were acquired at."

"Right," Jane said looking for a place to turn around. "Three hours, longer if we avoid the turnpike." She said off handedly. Inside her normal cool demeanor changed. Her heart fluttered a little. She was going back there, back home. This thought filled her with fear and a little joy. She might get you see Natalie again or Alicia…Or Uncle Owen. While it would be joyous to see them again, she dreaded running into Uncle Jerry. He was always hard on her, always took issue with her line of work, what's worse, he's a cop.

She took another breath to settle herself and continued driving. She knew how to get to New York, and once she had the address she knew where she was going. Far too often in her youth did she take strolls through the city. She wasn't stupid, she was always armed. Even at a young age she knew her way around a pistol.

"Ever been to the Big Apple before?" She asked still focusing on her task of driving.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.