main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Crossing

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

Oh how simple had these things to be for people like him.

Sebastian looked at Kyle and he was completely frightened. Of course he was. He had to get the boy somewhere save and far away from these people ...

"Well, who wants him dead?" Sebastian asked and turned back to the man. "A name."

The man had a point, these abilities he suddenly seemed to have were frightening. No surprise if they were hunting HIM, but Kyle? Had Kyle the same abilities maybe? It made no sense. How many people had they killed like this and covered it up?

This was worse than he had imagined it. Far worse. He had imagined the US Government to be a corrupt, irresponsible and power hungry entity. Sure. But this was criminal! Simply criminal. They murdered people. Citizens.

Tag: LordT, Ktala

2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Washington D.C., Diner

The man stared at Sebastian for a long moment, then he laughed. "The Unted States of damned America? The CIA? The President? Everybody? Pick one ..." He wiped the blood from his face. "You guys have no idea who you are up against!"

From far away Sirens could be heard closing in on them fast.

Tag: Fin, Ktala

Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor

Simmons sighed.

"I am not intimidating you, but you understand probably, why we did not bring this to your attention. You are hardly objective on the matter." Matt had not needed long before he responded, with two Secret Service agents in his tow. "The information on the assassination is pretty sketchy. I asked him about this and he said, that things escalated too quickly afterwards ... it did not even make it to the news. He said you were shot. That is all he gave us. But he assured us that these people on the list I send you were responsible. I have of course taken into account that he is playing us and I consider the Source itself a potential assassin." Simmons found it obviously hard to talk about it. "Do not worry Mr. President, two of them are already dead. The others we are locating as we speak."

Tag: HanSolo29

Vancover, Canada, behind the flat

The Hunter had realized immediately, that he was no longer in the flat and he literally burst out of the emergency and into the garden, holding his silenced automatic pistol. He stood there for a second looking around, with his back to Kawin as he tried to spot his victim. The man had presumably just killed someone and he wasn't even breathing heavy. He did not even look tense. Concentrated. Yes. But this was not stress to him. It was something he was obviously used to.

When he did not find Kawin he slowly walked towards the street looking around. Then he sighed and put the gun under his jacket before anybody saw it. His eyes probing every house, car and tree on the calm street for Kawin. It was almost as if he knew his prey was close. The Hunter's instinct. Something Kawin knew probably.

When he could not find Kawin he slowly began walking down the street. Away from the house.

Mitth_Fisto

New York, House of Uncle Owen, The Heights

"Natalie ... oh yeah. Triple shifts. Or a guy. What do I know. Haven't seen her for a few days." His face face away, that the word "few" was probably quite a stretch.

He gave her a beer and took one himself. Then he sighed. "Niners? Sure. You can take from the basement what you need."

Uncle Owen took a deep one and then sat down at the table. "Got a call from an old friend in White House. He asked if I knew what you were up to. Wanted to know if I heard of a deep black wetjob. As if I hear anything nowadays. Guess he saw your name on a short list of go tos for a job like this." He sighed. "Domestic jobs are messy, you know? Even nowadays. You should watch your back. Often end as a mole-job. Did I ever tell you about that one? Probably not, hm?"

Indeed he had never mentioned the term. But Jane knew what it meant. The team was eliminated by one of it's members upon completion. To cover the existence of an operation itself. The nightmare in this line of business.

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22

New York, Motel Babylon, Queens

And with a ping the search engine reported it's findings on the telephone line. The location of all burner phones.

One of them was ... funny enough ... right there in New York. Park Hyatt Hotel. Fifth floor.

Tag: (see PM) TheSithGirly

New York, Park Hyatt, Hotel Room

The shower was good. It helped. But the impressions ... they began to echo in her head like memories of the future.

Kawin. Kawin had made it. But he was not yet through the storm. The Killer would not give up. A confrontation was unavoidable. And Kawin would die ... and not die. He would survive. Die and survive. How did that happen? She did not understand.

Tag: Nobody

HanSolo29 likes this.
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Diner, Washington D.C.

Kyle felt numb, but kept his steady lookout near the door, while he listened in to Sebastian talk to the killer.
    "Well, who wants him dead?" Sebastian asked and turned back to the man. "A name."

Kyle heard the killer laugh. It made the hairs on his neck stand. His words, even more so. "The United States of
    damned America? The CIA? The President? Everybody? Pick one ..." Kyle looked over to see the man wipe his bloody face. "You guys have no idea who you are up against!"

The entire government?!?!?!?! How do you hide from that?! Who would believe it? But still, the one main question
    came to him. The man was after HIM! And he didnt have any powers. At least nothing he had noticed.

Kyle's head suddenly snapped to a sound he understood really well. Sirens. They were still far away, but Kyle was
    sure they wouldnt stay that way. And they were definitely getting close.

Kyle looked at Sebastian. "I hear sirens. Need to go. Now." Kyle moved so that he would not be easily seen from
    outside, while he kept a sharp lookout. Kyle had not heard anything from the other side of the counter, and hoped
    that they had got out safe. Kyle wondered if the place had cameras. Kyle kept the baseball cap down on his head, as he shifted on his feet. He wondered what Sebastian was going to do with the killer. But in truth, he didnt really want to know. He just wanted to go someplace safe. If there was such a place anymore. Kyle squeezed his fists hard, as he tried to maintain his composure.

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins, LordTroepfchen

4. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

Sebastian stared at the man in shock. It was one thing to believe in something bad. It was another thing to hear it was actually confirmed.

Sebastian shook his head and then he put the gun back to his pants. Sirens. Needed to go? Now?

"Sure." He looked at Kyle and nodded. "Let's Go." He began to move and his thoughts kept on shooting through his mind. Political Asylum? Maybe the only way to save the boy. But who would ever believe them? Nobody.

Shaking his head he quickly moved to the door ... his nose had stopped bleeding, but before he tried this time thing again, he needed rest ... to think ...

Ktala likes this.
  5. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Washington D.C., Diner

The Shooter watched Sebastian walk away and sat up ... he gave Kyle a long look and then ... just as Kyle would turn away from him ... just a little too early ... he grabbed at his ankle and drew a compact little automatic.

This time he did not aim at Kyle ... Moore could wipe the silly, frightened boy out of existence later ... no ... he aimed right at Sebastian's back.

Ktala likes this.
  6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane

Jane raised an eyebrow at hearing that Owen hadn't seen Natalie in a 'few' days. He sounded almost, regretful.

"Well if it is a guy," she started putting the bullets back into the empty magazine, "I might need to pay him a visit, ask about his intentions." Her tone was one of humor, or as much humor as she could muster. In her heart she felt just a little pity for Owen, he'd work so hard put a lot behind him to get this family. Now to see it all fall apart. It was just a little painful to watch.

She took the beer taking a long sip from it as she put the now half loaded mag. She nodded her thanks at being allowed to raid his basement for ammunition.

As he continued talking about his contact within the White House, she furrowed her brow. The old man had friends in there…it was surprising.

"Domestic jobs are messy, you know? Even nowadays. You should watch your back. Often end as a mole-job. Did I ever tell you about that one? Probably not, hm?"

She suddenly got quiet, finishing the job of loading her pistol.

"Well, you know me," she looked up a weak half smile on her face. "I'm a smart girl." She was doing her best to keep the fear from her face. She was getting deep into this, she didn't know why she was killing these people but, she did know she was doing it on behalf of the US government. That made her dangerous. Part of her knew that it was just the cost of doing business but, it wasn't a cost she was willing to pay.

"I can trust you right Uncle Owen." As if to punctuate her words she slid the magazine back into the Glock. "If things start going south, I can rely on you to help me out." As of this moment she was putting a plan together, a plan to get out of the county in a hurry if Simmons wanted to sanitize this mission. The plan would go a lot better if she had someone on the outside to help her.

There was also the hope that she would be the one to pull the trigger, to put an end to Rutherford, Moore, John, and Maria. Inside she knew she could do it, put a bullet into each of them without a word, without even sheading a single tear.

"Tell me, about mole-jobs, how do you get to be the trigger puller, the one that kills the others?" Her voice was cold, face devoid of emotion. She was no longer the bubbly niece visiting her uncle, she was now the student asking her teacher to show her something new, to teach her once again.

TAG: LordTroepfchen

Mitth_Fisto and Ktala like this.
  7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Diner, Washington D.C.

Kyle's face had a bit of a shocked look on it. When he told Sebastian they needed to go, his only response was
    "Sure. Let's Go." He began to move towards the door. Kyle looked back over at the man. What about him? He want going to do anything? Not even knock him out? He didn't like that idea at all, but Sebastian was already heading for the door. Kyle frowned, but stayed silent as he moved to join Sebastian.

It was movement that drew Kyle's attention, as the man on the floor motioned at his leg. Then Kyle saw it. Another
    gun. Of course there was another gun. The guy was a killer. The gun came up, but it wasn't pointing at him. No, it
    looked as if it was pointing off to his side...

Towards Sebastian. Kyle's heart pounded. There was no time to think.
    So he simply reacted. Besides, if Sebastian died, he knew he would be dead as well.

Kyle dropped and plowed into Sebastian, shoving him out of the way as fast as he could. Kyle then rolled as well,
    hoping that the momentum was enough to avoid a bullet anyplace vital, while they rolled out of the area. Kyle had
    no idea if he would survive such a stupid move. But without Sebastian...

The bad guys would win.
    And he couldn't allow that.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Study, White House, Washington D.C.

As Kurt suspected, Simmons did not take his accusations lightly. He was not the type of man to stand by and idly accept criticism, even if it came directly from the president. While he admired that kind of tenacity, it was a dangerous precedent to set. And so, as Simmons retorted by providing his own disparaging view of the situation, Kurt felt his ire begin to rise.

The temptation was there to set him straight by immediately pulling the plug on the Antville operation, but despite his feelings of ill will, he found that he couldn’t commit to such a punitive and self-gratifying response. If he was truly honest with himself, he knew Simmons was right – he wasn’t being entirely objective. He was unwittingly allowing his personal feelings on the matter to get in the way of making a rational decision. That could easily be construed as a weakness, and it had the potential to damage more than his reputation. He would need to tread carefully…

Fortunately, Matt saved him from further scrutiny as he arrived with two Secret Service agents in tow. Pursing his lips, he acknowledged their presence with a curt nod before gesturing them forward. When they were in the room, he shut the door and removed the phone from his ear as he placed it on speaker:

—assassination is pretty sketchy,” Simmons continued solemnly. “I asked him about this and he said, that things escalated too quickly afterwards ... it did not even make it to the news. He said you were shot. That is all he gave us. But he assured us that these people on the list I send you were responsible. I have of course taken into account that he is playing us and I consider the Source itself a potential assassin."

Lifting his chin, he gave Matt an incisive look to gauge his reaction. Did he believe it? That would be important moving forward.

Kurt had to admit, it was disturbing to hear someone speak of his death in such brazen terms. It gave it that extra layer of reality that was hard for him to ignore. Even the details, which were scarce at this time, were pretty grim; especially the part about another unprecedented event preempting the assassination in the media. What the hell was going on?

“I understand, Mr. Simmons,” he finally replied with a weary sigh. He was careful not to let on that the others were listening in. “I…have my suspicions concerning his involvement as well. I trust you have it under control, but what about the remaining targets?”

There was an awkward pause; Simmons was clearly having some difficultly relaying the information to him directly. "Do not worry, Mr. President, two of them are already dead. The others we are locating as we speak."

Kurt inwardly winced at the admission that two people were now dead as a result of this operation. With a quiet curse, he turned away and ran a hand through his hair with exasperation. He couldn’t help but hold himself accountable for that – these people were dying so that he could preserve his own life. There was something overly conceited about that, and it made him feel…dirty.

And yet…

If the story checked out, weren’t these people committing a federal crime by colluding to assassinate the President of the United States? What Simmons and his men were doing to solve the problem could be seen as justice being served.

“Keep me apprised of the situation,” he relented after a brief moment of hesitation. It was hard to discern whether he was making a play or if he was being complicit with the events that were unfolding. “This number will remain available as a direct line to me. If there are any further developments, or if the Source checks in, call me immediately. Good luck, Mr. Simmons.”

He cut the line and settled back to regard Matt carefully. “I need your thoughts on this…”

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

"That wasn't me." He spoke his thoughts out aloud and stared at the man who had tried to kill him. Then he looked at Kyle. Had the boy killed the man? Or was he temporarily frozen? The boy had it, too. Whatever IT was.

"We should get out of here." Sebastian got up and pulled Kyle to his legs. Looking around he began to run, carefully adjusting his speed so the boy did not get left behind.

It was kinda strange. He cared about him. He seemed so innocent and yet so lost in all of this. This dark mess that had suddenly become their life.

You know the neighborhood? Where is the next motel we can pay in cash?" He asked over his shoulder. They had to get of the street and ... come up with a plan. This was worse than expected. It had been bad anyway, but the US Government was looking for them. This was something completely different.

Sebastian had one of those rare moments where he did not know what he should do. Hide? Run? Fight? None of the three had a great chance of success. But they had this power ... and maybe Mr. Roland had every right to be afraid of them.

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Vancover, Canada, Behind his Flat

Standing there, breathing as gently as he could muster he felt like a deer stuck in a drivers headlights. Or more possibly a rabbit frozen in the woods waiting as a hunter is passing by, just praying and hoping against hope that if I am still enough, if I make no noise, they won't see me. I'll be safe. It was foolish, but it was primal, and it was all he had.

The Hunter had literally burst out of the emergency and into the garden, holding his silenced automatic pistol. So she had gotten off a shot. . . but from the way the Hunter had leapt out of the emergency and stood there, the man was obviously unscathed. He stood there for a second looking around, with his back to Kawin as he tried to spot his prey. The man wasn't even breathing heavy and had likely just dodged a bullet and killed the woman that had been speaking with Kawin. He did not even look tense. Concentrated. Yes. But this was not stress to him. It was something he was obviously used to. The man was a Nausican. Kawin did his best to keep the man in his periphery vision, never looking directly at him for fear that even the feel of his gaze would draw the man to turn around.

When he did not find Kawin he slowly walked towards the street looking around. Then he sighed and put the gun under his jacket before anybody saw it. His eyes probing every house, car and tree on the calm street for Kawin. It was almost as if he knew his prey was close. The Hunter's instinct. Kawin knew it well, and wished he could do what he had originally thought of doing of running down the alley between buildings he was in and back out the front, but he knew if he moved whatever chances he had would be gone. The Hunter would know and would redraw and shoot him as quick as death.

When he could not find Kawin he slowly began walking down the street. Away from the house. Back still exposed to him.

Staying still a couple moments longer he began inching his way down the side of the building and back to the front street. If he could cross, cut through and across another road again he would call a local cab to take him to the bus station and see what his golden ticket that cost a life had earned him.

@LordTroepfchen

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: My apologies to everyone and especially Ktala and LordT, I messed it all up. LordT send me an update for doing a combined to provide a cliffhanger to Jyle and I ... somehow my brain believed this had been posted and I wrote a response and spoiled the content in the resource forum. This is embarrassing. I am an idiot.

So LordT is on a plane (and can whatsapp, cool) and asked ME therefore to post this update now in his place.

--------

Washington D.C., Diner

It did not go down as elegant as expected. Kyle stumbled into Sebastian and both tumbled to the ground. But the shot never came. The woman at the counter screamed in shock and if Sebastian and Kyle looked up, they would probably see why ...

Marshall Moore was frozen. The world wasn't, but the Marshall was ... unmoving, staring at the target which wasn't there anymore.

The sirens grew louder, a lot louder.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

"That wasn't me." He spoke his thoughts out aloud and stared at the man who had tried to kill him. Then he looked at Kyle. Had the boy killed the man? Or was he temporarily frozen? The boy had it, too. Whatever IT was.

"We should get out of here." Sebastian got up and pulled Kyle to his legs. Looking around he began to run, carefully adjusting his speed so the boy did not get left behind.

It was kinda strange. He cared about him. He seemed so innocent and yet so lost in all of this. This dark mess that had suddenly become their life.

You know the neighborhood? Where is the next motel we can pay in cash?" He asked over his shoulder. They had to get of the street and ... come up with a plan. This was worse than expected. It had been bad anyway, but the US Government was looking for them. This was something completely different.

Sebastian had one of those rare moments where he did not know what he should do. Hide? Run? Fight? None of the three had a great chance of success. But they had this power ... and maybe Mr. Roland had every right to be afraid of them.

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Diner, Washington D.C.

A woman screamed.

Kyle brought his head up, confused. Except for running into Sebastian, he didnt feel anything wrong. He didnt think he was shot. He checked his body, and then scanned Sebastian. Seeing nothing wrong, his face showed his confusion as he looked up.

The assassin was frozen. But how? Kyle swiftly looked back over at Sebastian. His nose wasnt bleeding. Then he looked at the killer once more, frowning in confusing. This wasnt like last time. He heard the woman scream. Time was still moving. Just not for the killer?

"That wasn't me." Kyle heard Sebastian say. But Kyle was still staring at the killer.

'...then...how?..' Kyle thought to himself. In the back of his mind, he was aware of the sirens getting closer.

"We should get out of here." It was Sebastian voice. Kyle was aware of Sebastian pulling him up to his feet. Then Sebastian began to move. To run. Running. Kyle's mind understood running. As he passed the woman who screamed, he blurted out a "Sorry!", not looking up at her. He continued to stare at the man, burning his features into his mind, as he followed Sebastian until they were clear of the place, and then he turned and ran as hard as he could, keeping up with Sebastian. He rubbed his eyes hard as he ran, while his head felt disconnected. What had just happened? Sebastian's voice drew him back to the present as they turned down a side street.

"You know the neighborhood? Where is the next motel we can pay in cash?" Sebastian asked over his shoulder.
    Kyle's mind quickly kicked into street survival mode. Running. Hiding. Trust no one. No. He had a partner this time. Kyle took another turn, and then began to slow down. "Better stop running, or we will stick out." Kyle explained to Sebastian, as he moved to a quick walking pace, looking around.

Kyle made a face. "Hey, this is DC. Any of the places around here will let you pay in cash. Only the top end fancy hotels demand ID's and stuff like that. But they might not be as nice as the place you were in." Kyle added. "But they wont ask questions, either." he added. As they continued to move, Kyle listened for the sirens, to see if any were drawing near them. Kyle continued to speak.

"But I think we both need a make over now. If they werent looking for you before, they will be now." Kyle frowned. "Should be a liquor store open. Can probably get something to color our hair. Clothes, I dunno."

Kyle bit his lip as he grew quiet. Finding out someone powerful wants you dead, and has sent killers after you was a bit much to take in.

All he wanted right now, was some place quiet.

OOC: It's all good. And totally unexpected... :)

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Streets, Washington D.C.

Sure, the boy was right. Sebastian stopped running and catched breath. "I will go out later and get the cash from my room and something for our hair." He nodded. "They are looking for a boy and a man in his thirties. Most important now to get of the street."

Nodding he took out his mobile and looked for the next not to fancy hotel. "And you would not believe what holes I stayed in." He laughed, remembering Israel. The zone.

"Have you ... done anything like you did there before? Because I didn't." It was obvious now why they were Hunted. But how did the US Government know before they even did? Questions. So many of them. He took out the other mobile and realized he had only one source of answers left. The girl. Once everything had calmed down, they would need to talk to her. Anyway he send a message. WE MADE IT. STRANGE THINGS HAPPENED.

She had saved Kyle. Probably also him. Of all the people in the world, he could trust her to a certain degree. Was she ... one of ... them? Whatever they were?

He had never been subject to experiments or had anything to do with temporal physics. Hell, he did not know anything about it, really. Now he could stop time?!? Like ... time itself? Where? Around him? A city? The whole planet? The universe? Existence? His head whirled when he thought about the scope of his abilities. The possible price for what he had just done. He could not even imagine. This power was ... godlike. He had not asked for it! What else could they do? And had Kyle frozen the man back there indefinitely? Forever? Had he actually killed him? Wiped him out of existence? A piece of matter frozen in time? Horrifying the thought.

"I got a hotel. Right around the corner. Let's go." He said and concentrated at the task at hand. Finding a place to hide.

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    Streets, Washington D.C.

As they slowed down, Sebastian spoke up. "I will go out later and get the cash from my room and something for our hair." He nodded. "They are looking for a boy and a man in his thirties. Most important now to get of the street."

Kyle agreed with that. As he nodded, he heard Sebastian add, "And you would not believe what holes I stayed in." He laughed. Kyle had not been in a hotel room in a long time. Earning cash was hard to do, when you moved around a lot, and looked underage. And especially if you were not willing to do some of the things the other boys did for cash. As they walked,

Sebastian then asked him a question. "Have you ... done anything like you did there before? Because I didn't."
    Kyle have a strange laugh. "Dont you think I would have saved my Mum if I was able to do stuff like that before." he stated softly, not looking directly at Sebastian. He gave a hard frown. "Then again, Ive never had anyone point a gun at me before. Or someone with me." Kyle gave a pause. "I dont even know if it was me that did that! It could have been the lady, for all I know." Kyle gave a deep sigh. "But you were able, when somebody threatened me. Maybe that's what it takes. I dunno...." Kyle's voice dropped lower, taking on a sad tone. "But, if they would have simply left us alone,

it probably would have never happened. They knew, before WE did? How?" Kyle shrugged his shoulders. "Its like a bad science fiction movie." Kyle dropped his head, but kept his eyes and ears open for any new threats.

Sebastian looked up from his phone. "I got a hotel. Right around the corner. Let's go." He said. Kyle nodded slowly. Off the street sounded good to him. Besides, if this was a government thing, then their might be some kind of alert for him. Better to hide for now, until they found out just how bad things REALLY were.

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

Sebastian looked at the boy and smirked. "Why do people always say that? Actually I think the science fiction movie would be pretty badass!" He said this to cheer them up a bit. "But I doubt it was the woman, this is obviously the reason they want you dead for."

He grabbed into his pocket and found the only solid object despite the gun and his two mobiles. A cutter. For his cigars.

"Okay let us find out. I throw it and you stop it, okay?" And without a word he threw it into the air.

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    On the streets, Washington D.C.

Sebastian looked at Kyle and smirked. "Why do people always say that? Actually I think the science fiction movie would be pretty badass!" Kyle gave the man an incredulous look, but he found himself slowly nodding
    in agreement. He had to admit, that did sound like a pretty good movie plot. But before he could chime in, Sebastian continued, "But I doubt it was the woman, this is obviously the reason they want you dead for."

And like that, that second of respite was gone. The look on his face went sour. 'They want you dead.' The phrase seemed to echo within his mind. It wasnt HIS fault! It was theirs. Whoever they were. He would have continued
    to live his ordinary life, if nobody had tried to ... to. Kyle pushed the thought away, instead noticing that Sebastian was digging in his pocket as if looking for something. Sebastian looked at Kyle.

"Okay let us find out. I throw it and you stop it, okay?" Sebastian tossed the silver object into the air. Kyle had no idea what to do. So he thought of the same thing, of when he thought Sebastian was going to be shot.

'STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT!' Kyle mentally chanted as he glared at the metal object, looking to see if he could duplicate the same results.

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Washington D.C., Diner

The cutter stopped midair and froze there. And both knew instinctively ... no matter what they would do, nothing would move it ever again. It could no longer be affected as it was no longer part of the time flow.

And no matter how hard Kyke tried, it stayed that way.

Washington D.C., The White House, Corridor

"Thank you, Sir" Simmons cut the line immediately.

Matt looked at Kurt and it was an unreadable look that was rare between friends who knew each other for so long. Then he shook his head. "He does certainly not lie. It is a bit too extravagant for a lie, is it?" Shaking his head he looked at Kurt. "This Source of his, do we have any idea who it is?" Matt wanted to have more information, of course. He had missed a good chunk of the conversation. But he quickly accepted that there would be none.

"We need to take it serious. An Antville operation is not easy to initiate." He nodded. "And the people who are initiating it are no fools. They have been around for a long time. Much longer than us." Obviously they were at the beginning of their first term. They barely knew better than the shadowy figures behind this. The fact they had more authority changed nothing about this. Matt gave his friend a sad smile. "We will double security."

Matt rubbed his chin and then nodded towards the Oval Office. "There is someone you should meet. I will cancel the other appointments for today."

Tag: HanSolo29

Her uncle looked at her and shrugged. She had never before seen him like this. He was a man who certainly had done terrible things for his country. But this was obviously the one thing he did not like to remember.

"The mole-job. Oh they have one in the team they trust more than the others. One who is loyal to more than money. They embedded me in the team without any word about my final assignment. My old Colonel. The very guy who called me today. We did the job and gave a few guys a wet grave in the Hudson. Yeah, right here in NYC it happened. Worked in my own backyard. Dirty work. Then the Colonel ordered me to take out the other three. Which I did. Expandable. Hired guns. Good people, but ultimately tools. Freelancers." Her Uncle made a long pause. "Like you."

A message arrived on her mobile. "Don't kill LEGO. Yet."

Tag: @galactic-vagabound22

Vancover, Canada, behind the flat

Just when he arrived at the bus station another message arrived from his mysterious benefactor.

"Come to New York. Great Expectations Club. Tonight at midnight. We will all meet there." And that was it. There were busses to New York of course and his ticket was an "all-around-the-world"-ticket they accepted without hesitation. All Kawin needed to do was take the bus and leave.

"I hope you make it." Was the message that came next. Then none.

He had escaped his assassin, for now. It had cost a life, but he was still there.

Mitth_Fisto

New York, Motel Babylon, Queens

Adrian send a single message before logging of. "Don't kill LEGO. Yet."

That was it.

Park Hyatt was thirty minutes away by taxi.

Tag: (see PM) TheSithGirly

New York, Park Hyatt, Hotel Room

It was time to meet. When Elena had recovered she called a friend and arranged accordingly. They were all put on the list. The guest list. Then she began sending out the message to the last two numbers she had. Kyle was with the German. So he would know, too.

"Come to New York. Great Expectations Club. Tonight at midnight. We will all meet there."

And it knocked at her door ...

Tag: Nobody

Washington D.C., Another Flat, Downtown

Simmons was thinking about the conversation with the President. He was so lost in thought he almost missed to register he was not alone in the room.

With one flawless move he turned around and his weapon was in his hand. The flat was mostly empty. Abandoned. But in the one remaining arm-chair sat a man in a grey hoodie. Simmons had guessed it before, but now he was certain who it was.

"Finally we meet. Quite impressive what you did to Moore." He smirked and kept the gun pointed at the man. His features were mostly hidden by the hoodie, but what Simmons saw he recognized.

"You put me on the list. Again." The Source said in a raspy voice and cleared his throat. He looked up and Simmons could see the difference to the video now. The man was thinner, pale, his eyes had the feverish glow that was only hinted at the video.

"Then you are LEGO, I assume." He smiled. A cold smile.

"Of course I am." The man replied and leaned back.

"But that is not you ... on that video. The guy does not look as worn out." Simmons smirked now, but if the man took any offense he did not show it.

"Of course it is me. Just another me." The man answered an stared at the gun. Simmons realized he was not fast enough for this man and he lowered it.

"How it this possible?" He asked and put the gun to the holster.

"You already should know the answer by now. Jared will have told you about his theory."

"You are from the future." It sounded silly when he said it. It was not that silly anymore when the man nodded and sighed. Or was more a gasp? He was in pain, was he?

"You do not predict anything. You know what is about to happen." Simmons still found this hard to believe.

"I knew, yes. Now I don't know anymore." The man said with a cold voice.

"Because you changed it."

"Yes. I did. Again. And again. And again." The voice was tired. Simmons could not say anything. He had not thought this through. He had never considered that the Source had done this more than once. Then why not? If time travel existed, why not repeat it as long as the outcome was satisfying?

"How often did you ..." Simmons mind was racing.

"I have lost count." LEGO said and nodded to the computer. "Take me off the list."

Simmons stared at him. Then he nodded. He took out his mobile and send the message to the team. DON'T KILL LEGO, YET.

"Done. Now you owe me a few answers." He sat on the only other chair in the room. A hard and uncomfortable wooded chair.

"Are you sure you know the right questions?" The Source ... LEGO asked and laughed a very bitter laugh.

"Who kills the President?" Simmons knew that one was always a right question.

"Me." He pointed to the computer. "Sometimes it is me. Sometimes someone else. Even you did it once. Kyle. Lambs. Even Kawin. Someone always does. The world always ends. You betray me usually. Sometimes you die before that. I have killed you. Before." The voice did not even race at this confession.

"Why?" Simmons could not help but ask.

"To see if that changes anything. I tried all kinds of things. It always ends the same way. The President dies. The World ends." The Source forced himself to the feet. It obviously took him all strength he could assemble from his weakened body.

"And how can we stop that from happening." Simmons asked.

LEGO raised his brow. "So you do know the right question this time. I knew letting you find it out yourself was a good idea." He smirked. "Kill them all. Quickly."

"We already have two. We are working on the others." Simmons saw that this news hurt the man.

"Who?" He asked.

"Baltimore and Spain."

"Good. Get Canada before he meets the others. Or you will never get him. Kyle is dangerous, but easy. Well, at least if you part him from his current companion." Again regret in the voice. This man was not cold enough for the job. He wasn't dedicated enough. "You almost did it last time."

"What about the Russian?"

"Elena?" The man laughed. "You always get her. She cannot see her own future. And usually she doesn't have one. But it isn't her. She cannot ... end the world. She just keeps the others alive long enough for them to do it."

"And you? What about you?" Simmons asked.

"If you have the others, I will take care of myself. Don't worry about me." The man began to make his way to the door. He walked like an old man.

Simmons nodded. He would obviously not take his word for it. He was evaluating to draw and shoot the man in the back, but before a decision was made in his brain The Source ... LEGO ... was simply gone.

Simmons was left alone in his room. With the certainty that the world was about to end, if he failed with his mission. He picked up the phone and dialed a number. "It is me. I need a Vickers. Yes. Now. When can I get it?" He received the answer and hung up. He wondered if he had done this all before? Well, it did not help anyone for him to get confused. He had to kill them all and he knew exactly how to do it.

Tag: Nobody, all

ooc: So I guess this confirms some of your theories ... haha. I now enjoy my holidays and Inhope to find you all ready and well for the next chapter of the game once I return. Have a good one! T.

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  19. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane

Jane quirked her head seeing her uncle's broad shoulder shrug. She knew he'd done a lot of things mad was mostly at peace with his actions but, it seemed he was almost ashamed of what he did. It was the first time she'd ever seen that emotion in his eyes.

"The mole-job." He started, "Oh they have one in the team they trust more than the others. One who is loyal to more than money." Jane looked at the table, her pistol still laying on the top of it. "They embedded me in the team without any word about my final assignment. My old Colonel. The very guy who called me today. We did the job and gave a few guys a wet grave in the Hudson. Yeah, right here in NYC it happened. Worked in my own backyard. Dirty work. Then the Colonel ordered me to take out the other three. Which I did. Expandable. Hired guns. Good people, but ultimately tools. Freelancers." He paused and it caused Jane's blood to run cold. "Like you." She took a few deep breaths her hand resting on the cold grip of the gun given to her for this mission.

Her phone buzzed giving her a start. She scrambled for it in one of her pockets. Reading the message she nodded her head.

"Don't kill LEGO. Yet." A direct message from Simmons. Odd.

She let out another breath taking up the glock and checking the sights.

"Well, I guess I'll have to draw down on them first." She said a bit of confidence returning to her voice. Her personal kill list had just grown by one name.

Maria.

She was the one brought on to the team by Simmons himself, and she held a deeper connection to the man. Though she hadn't killed anyone before Lambs but, she did so with little hesitation. If Jane hadn't asked Uncle Owen about this she might have never suspected that the quiet analysist would turn on her, shoot her in the back.

She put the gun down and looked at her uncle eyes shining just a little.

"Thanks Uncle Owen." She took another long drink from the beer in front of her. "I guess I should have asked this earlier but, is it alright if I spend the night? I don't really have anything more to do, not until I get more information."

HanSolo29 likes this.
  20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

His own newly discovered abilities were amazing enough. Unbelievable and in many ways much bigger and more powerful than what Kyle had done ... but this was so much more disturbing.

Sebastian hit the cutter and it just did not move. Not one bit. It seemed just frozen there. Strange enough he immediately understood ... instinctively ... nothing would ever move this cutter again. It was as frozen as the world was when he froze it.

Was this permanent? Well, even if it wore of ... how "long" something took was kind of a senseless question, when time itself became a toy. Right?

"God, this is dangerous. Don't do this ... lightly. It might be like this forever." Sebastian looked around to make sure nobody had seen them with their cutter hovering midair. "Try to unfreeze it. Please."

ooc: I have a bit of info from LordT to move us up the point we are in the hotel, Ktala, so we can keep on updating. Mini-Co-GMing so to say.

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    On the Streets, Washington D.C.

Kyle's jaw dropped, as he saw the metal instrument freeze in mid air. So, he was able to effect things and people. But then his eyes grew wide, when Sebastian hit the cutter and it just did not move. Not one bit. It was frozen solid. In the back of his mind, Kyle seemed to know that it would never move again. Kyle started to shake. Then, the guy...

Was it forever? Or did it wear off? Kyle didnt think so. He heard Sebastain comments.

"God, this is dangerous. Don't do this ... lightly. It might be like this forever." Sebastian looked around to make sure nobody had seen them with their cutter hovering midair. "Try to unfreeze it. Please."

Kyle coudlnt respond. He simply nodded his head. Too many thoughts filled his mind. HOW?!?! And why had it never happened before? Why now? Kyle slowly walked over, and he reached up, touching the object. His hand drew back, like he had been burned. He then concentrated, as hard as he could, to try and make the item move once more. 'Move, move, oh please, move!' Kyle thought as hard as he could to himself. He nearly gave himself a
    headache, as he tried to make the cutter stop doing what it was doing, and simply fall down. It would be hard NOT to notice something simply hovering in mid air. Forever.

What had they done to him?!

After trying as hard as he could, Kyle looked over at Sebastian. "Can we go now?" he asked in a very hushed voice. It was not as cool as Sebastian's gift. It was scary. And messy, leaving a trail that would be difficult NOT to follow. He could easily imagine someone like the X-files G men chasing after him.

Well, know he knew the why. They needed to know the who. Taking a last look at the metal object, Kyle was beginning to wonder if the answer would be everybody.

ooc: Great!

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LEGO
    Diner, Washington D.C.

The thing did not move one bit. It floated in the air before their noses as if it was the most natural thing in the world. Unmoving. Solid like a rock.

Sebastian realized what Kyle had done to this man back there. He had killed him. Well, maybe the effect was wearing off ... no, how could it? That took time. And time was something not affecting this cutter or the man from the diner anymore. In a strange way Sebastian was very certain of that.

"You need to be very, very careful about this." Sebastian said and looked at Kyle. "This is dangerous."

Shaking his head he grabbed the boys arm and drew him to the motel. "Imagine what you could do with a power like this ..." Actually it was amazing. His own newly discovered ability had amazing possibilities for him, he had already begun to realize it. But this would affect the world ... this cutter would float there forever? What else could be frozen midair? Actually it was surprising they wanted to kill the boy. One would expect they would try to control him?

Maybe they had come up with more dangerous applications than he had. Maybe Kyle was just too dangerous? Sebastian gave the boy a look. What if he could not control it? What was the maximum scale he could use this on? He had not touched the cutter or the man. Could he freeze whatever he saw? Or whatever he wanted? From a distance? Kyle could kill millions with this ability. The thought frightened Sebastian suddenly. What if the murder was not a savage crime ... he was an innocent boy, Sebastian would never approve a boy being murdered ... but what if there was a way to look at all of this that made it reasonable? Necessary? Suddenly the US Government was probably not frightening ruthless anymore. They were probably only very cautious and terrified themselves. They were probably not criminal ... but from their view justified.

What happened to making politics by spraying smart and funny stuff to walls?

Sebastian stopped and looked at Kyle. "Okay, this is why they wanna kill you. When they find out what I can do, I will end up in that list, too. And if the diner had cameras that will be any minute from now." He sighed. "The girl who called me, she knew about this I think. She probably is one of us. But there was another, right? The guy from the alley? You said you believed it was me at first?" Sebastian grabbed his sweater. "You said he was wearing my clothes?" The graffiti. The LEGO duplicate. He remembered. "Kyle, do you think this was me?" Sebastian tried to stay calm, but knew he failed. "After all of this, do you think this was ANOTHER me?!?"

Was this possible? Or was all of this shattering his sanity? Was he crazy to even consider this?

23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Vancover, Canada, By the Bus Station

Escape. He never thought he would use that word to refer to himself except when referring to a woman, that he had escaped his bad marriage, or escaped a woman's trap. Now he used it to just label the feeling that he was alive. Just when he arrived at the bus station another message arrived from his mysterious savior and savant. Perhaps she was a hacker that found out the plans of those trying to kill him, possibly she had hacked one of those American satellites and been monitoring his Hunter via video or radio chatter. He really didn't know but he took the time to read the message as soon as it came. Who knew how short his next warning would be.

"Come to New York. Great Expectations Club. Tonight at midnight. We will all meet there." And that was it. Heading to the kiosk he had placed his order with the woman behind the desk for a ticket to New Jersey, although he made sure the express bus he booked would have a stop via New York City. There were busses to New York of course and his ticket was an "all-around-the-world"-ticket they accepted without hesitation, and with the Express, he just might make it. Barely. All Kawin needed to do was take the bus and leave.

"I hope you make it." Was the message that came next. Then none. He supposed this was the way of his benefactor letting him know his help for now had met it's end. 'Thank you. See you there.' Was all he typed out and sent before powering off his phone and heading for the bus. Removing the battery he climbed aboard and found his spot away from a window.

Rummaging in his pocket he found his second cell phone he now had. Heading back to the lavatory he waited until he got inside and locked the door. Pulling up the contacts he did as the woman had requested of him, to leave a message. "Hello, this is. . .I'm calling for your lady. She said I passed her evaluation, eh. Gave me the money and the ticket before she tried to stop the person following me so I could get away from him." Taking a deep breath he looked out a nearby window with water building in his eyes to blur his vision. "I don't think she, I don't think she made it. I, I told her New Jersey but it's New York. I was asked to come to New York. I don't know why, or who about any of this. Just a woman on an packaged cell phone. An American assassin trying to kill me, and nothing makes any bloody sense let alone the nonsense she spouted about why. I don't know how much time I have, but there you have it. I did what she asked. I'll turn the phone on before the border." He simply let that statement hang there for a moment before hanging up the phone. Powering it down he headed back to his seat and collapsed.

@LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 likes this.
  24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Kyle
    On the Streets, Washington D.C.

Sebastian said something, but Kyle was not really focused on his words. His head was filled with thoughts of his own. It wasnt until Sebastian grabbed grabbed his arm, and began to pull him towards a motel. Kyle just trugged
    along, his mind on automatic. Sebastian started talking to him once more.

"Imagine what you could do with a power like this ..." Sebastian gave him an odd look. Kyle looked away, Nervous. That had never happened before. And that was a great thing. At least, not until he could figure out how, if any type of control he had over it. Cause to him, it looked like once he used it, it was forever kind of thing. And that scared him.

Sebastian suddenly stopped and looked at him. "Okay, this is why they wanna kill you. When they find out what I can do, I will end up in that list, too. And if the diner had cameras that will be any minute from now." He sighed. "The girl who called me, she knew about this I think. She probably is one of us. But there was another, right? The guy from the alley? You said you believed it was me at first?" Sebastian suddenly moved close, grabbing his sweater. The move startled Kyle, as he looked up at Sebastian.

"You said he was wearing my clothes?" Kyle slowly nodded yes, not sure where Sebastian was going with this.
    "Kyle, do you think this was me?" Sebastian had a strange look on his face. Then again, considering what they both had just discovered about themselves, this was just another bit of strangeness. And there had been plenty so far. "After all of this, do you think this was ANOTHER me?!?"

Actually...

Kyle had kinda thought about the same thought himself. Kyle looked around the area slowly, before he looked back at Sebastian. "Well.." Kyle started, speaking slowly. "He did his best to hide his face, so I woudlnt see it. And he spoke funny, like you do." Kyle made a half hearted attempt at a smirk. "But he acted different too. Like he was an old man. Or very sick. And in pain. He coughed a lot too. Breathed funny."

Kyle paused, as he remembered the conversation. "He knew about the tag, uh.. the paint job you did, and he knew I was angry about it. And he knew my NAME. So it could be. But.."

Kyle paused, and then looked Sebastian in the face. "The way the guy moved. It was different. It was like it might be you, but a different you. Maybe that crap they talk about on TV about parallel dimensions and stuff like that is not so far off." Kyle shrugged his shoulders. "But that guy was more like the dark, creepy version of you."

In the back of his mind, Kyle was remembering the last part of what the man had told him. //..I am very sorry about what I will do to you." He paused. "But the worst evil in the world, is probably the one that is necessary."//

This him? Another Sebastian? Kyle could feel another headache coming on. Right now, he just wanted to get off the street. "Can we go someplace indoors now? Since we dont know who's chasing us, just standing here is making me nervous...." Kyle stated, as he waited for Sebastian to let him go. They were both freaking out. They needed a place to collect their thoughts.

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: President Kurt Roland
    Corridor, White House, Washington D.C.

The look that passed over Matt’s face after the call had ended did little to instill confidence. It was well-guarded, making it virtually impossible for Kurt to get a read on it. After working alongside the man for nearly 20 years, that was a true rarity…and a cause for concern. Inhaling deeply, he prompted his Chief of Staff to elaborate further by rising to his full height and crossing his arms over his chest.

"He does certainly not lie,” Matt finally acquiesced. “It is a bit too extravagant for a lie, is it?" He paused to shake his head before turning to regard Kurt carefully. "This Source of his, do we have any idea who it is?"

“No,” he stated with a heavy sigh. It obviously pained him to not have all the answers. “He was reluctant to provide details about that. All I managed to get out of him was that he believed the intel to be reliable, but he wasn’t sure if the source itself could be trusted beyond that. I intend to sit down and go over everything with you, but…”

His words trailed off as he diverted his gaze. The threat of a potential fallout over this situation was starting to weigh heavily on him, particularly now that he was openly discussing it with his friend. It wasn’t that he was having regrets, but he certainly felt compelled to justify his actions.

“I need you to understand my position on this,” he continued with a certain boldness. “I didn’t let fear dictate my decision to give the authorization. You know me better than that. There was something else; Simmons hinted at some…catastrophic event that would overshadow everything else if we didn’t take immediate action - a possible worldwide threat. He assured me that this operation will prevent that from happening.”

Unfolding his arms, Kurt scoffed with uncertainty. “I’m not going to lie…I don’t like it. It’s a huge risk, and if there’s any doubt at all…”

"We need to take it serious,” Matt reassured him with a nod. "An Antville operation is not easy to initiate, and the people who are initiating it are no fools. They have been around for a long time. Much longer than us."

Kurt glanced up and studied his colleague for a long moment. He was right, of course; some of these people were engrained in the system. They had seen administrations come and go, and they would no doubt be here long after Kurt himself had served out the length of his term. They understood how things worked, and he would need to learn to allot them some trust. With a slow nod, he offered his acceptance.

Matt gave his friend a sad smile in return. “And we will double security."

Drawing in a deep breath, Kurt pinched the bridge of his nose and briefly closed his eyes. It was clear that he was trying his best to remain infallible in light of a possible assassination attempt, but his somber expression suggested that he was still uneasy. He knew it was only going to get worse, and there were certain precautions he would need to take to ensure stability until the danger had passed.

“Matt…listen,” he began in hushed tones, his thoughts straying to his family. “Beth can’t find out about this. She has a lot going on right now, and I need her to stay focused on her work. If she asks about the heightened security, tell her it’s a procedural change and that it’s nothing to worry about.” He knew withholding this information from his wife could potentially come back to bite him, but he was willing to take that risk. In the end, it was for her own good; he didn’t want to cause her unnecessary stress.

Matt’s only response was to rub at his chin thoughtfully. He seemed intent to change the subject as he nodded towards the Oval Office and finally spoke, "There is someone you should meet. I will cancel the other appointments for today."

The news caught Kurt by surprise, and he instinctively canted his head to follow his friend’s gaze back down the hall. He was immediately suspicious, and rightfully so, considering he had just received a threat on his life. But even with that at the back of his mind, he reminded himself that Matt’s intuition was usually sound when it came to vetting visitors and granting them access to the Oval Office. He learned long ago to trust his judgement.

Issuing a sigh, he reached up to straighten his jacket as he started down the corridor at a brisk pace. “This better be good, Matt…”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.