main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph The Crown

Discussion in 'Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Nov 4, 2016.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I’m not sure 9/11 had any affect on them. Also, I don’t remember the Golden Jubilee being much of a big deal.

The Silver Jubilee in 77 was massive by comparison. I was only 4 years old at the time, but there were public holidays and massive street parties everywhere. I think people cared more about the Monarchy back then.

I might see if my mum still has some footage of one of the street parties (I know she transferred a bunch of our old 8mm cine camera stuff to digital a few years back). We can play a game of spot the proto punk.

@Diggy do you remember the silver jubilee?

Bacon164 likes this.
  2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well they can't skip on Dianas death, but maybe they will shift the focus. Have Charles be the main character in the episode instead of the queen.
    Since the whole series started with the wedding of Elizabeth and Philip it could also be a suitable thing to end with their diamond anniversary.

Bacon164 likes this.
  3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 7

Mar 22, 2005
    right– even if it wasn't a big deal to the public, you could frame it around their marriage and how the Crown has changed them. just gotta find the stuff to put around that frame.

it would also leave 2012-whenever she dies as open ground to explore in a future series

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  4. Diggy

Diggy Force Ghost star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, I was only about 18 months old.

Darth Punk likes this.
  5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 7

Mar 22, 2005
    also if it ended in 2012 you'd get Middleton and William wedding the year prior, whatever drama was going on there

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Considering that they almost skipped Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's wedding I wouldn't be on any big wedding scenes in the future. I'm guessing it's too complicated to recreate the big wedding scenes, so they prefer to concentrate on smaller scenes instead.

I would love to see some conflict between Charles and Andrew, as I have heard it there is quite a lot of conflict there, where Charles want to limit the size of the official royal family, but Andrew refuses to agree on that.

Bacon164 likes this.
  7. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I wonder if they'll feature the time when Rolf Harris painted the Queen.