main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Cult of Janen - Alive and with a new topic! Haters, show us some love?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Vongchild, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Been there done that got that t-shirt. I had a teacher like that last year.

J/TK can only end in tragedy...

2. AlisonC

AlisonC Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2005
    Anybody want some poultry in wine sauce with Greek salad?

Seriously, though, are we going to do a second challenge? (I don't think that actually counts as a new one since it's thread-specific... does it?) November is a bad month for writing because of NaNoWriMo.

3. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I think maybe i'll fabricate a halloween challenge... :)

Yeah. We'll do another.

4. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    All right. Halloween Challenge it is.

WHO DARES TRY THE HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE???? [face_devil]

Okay. Here it is.

One of our beloved duo (or someone living in close quarters, hint hint,) has had a nightmare, and they wake up absolutely delerious, claiming to see monsters around every corner or something like that. Can our intrepid heroes make it to morning?

Parameters:

Should include the line "Can't sleep, the [somethings] will eat me."

Should include the words lucid, elusive, tranquil, and barometer.

Oh, and before I forget, a reference to "the little lost bantha cub."

Make what you will of it and have fun! [face_pumpkin]

5. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Am I allowed to use Eshaa? o_O

6. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Sure. I've got another OC in the works for this. Now how do you type that funky E-accent thing?

7. AlisonC

Aug 27, 2005
    Ooh, I have an idea, but it's going to have to wait until I get chapter 8 of The Droid Empress up. So, maybe tomorrow, maybe Friday.

I got two days off from work! (they're doing inventory, and I wasn't invited. But inventory is boring anyway.)

8. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Lol. Cool. I've got a plan, too. So we can all have fun and a party filling up the index! :D

9. Borgchild

Borgchild Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    Hehe... Sock party!

Everyone working on their entries?

10. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
  11. Borgchild

Borgchild Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    Cool. I'm gonna work on mine now.

12. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    NEW TOPIC OF DISCUSSION: Breeding!

Alright, we've done the lovey dovey, and the careers. So, the next logical step is... well... kids! Possible? Not possible? Complicated? Gross?

Someone start us off please...

13. AlisonC

Aug 27, 2005
    I'm pretty sure it could happen. Now... whether they'd have to employ special means of having a biological child or not... hmm. Most likely. Could Nen Yim bioengineer her own eggs to be compatible with humans? I'm not sure about specifics, but that's something that strikes me as logical, and since we're in the realm of AU anyway, that should suffice.

I'm thinking definite social issues later - half human, half Yuuzhan Vong. But that's not really germane to the topic of whether such a child is possible.

Might be some trial and error before getting the technique perfected. I just read your latest fic, Vongchild, and left a comment on it, and your handling the issue there was good. Another thing that came to me is that during the trial-and-error stage there might be a few mess-ups that weren't bad enough to die - and then they'd have a child with serious deformities. Kind of a heavy topic to handle in a fic, but it could work outside of fluff or humor.

Hmm, I might write that for the LJ 100-ficlets contest. (whee, another bunny!) I'm scrambling to get my latest fic done by the end of this week so I can be ready for that, and not sure if I'm going to make it. :p Should have stopped sooner, but it's at the climactic part where every chapter ends cliffhangery and I can't just drop the fic for two months. I'm evil, but not THAT evil.

14. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    AllisonC- I'd like to see you write that!

What is the LJ 100 ficlets challenge?

15. AlisonC

Aug 27, 2005
    It's been going on awhile, but I missed it in the beginning. There's a community called fanfic100 on LiveJournal, and each person writes 100 short fics, based on 100 given prompts. (I'd link it but I can't, because it's open to all ratings of fic.) Mod is gone for all of November, so new members like moi can't officially start until December (which is Thursday!)

I'm already forming this little idea into a short plot. :) However, I've been horrible about deadlines, so I'll just say that I'll crosspost it here when I finish, which could be Friday, or it could be a few weeks.

16. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Lol. Well, when you do I'd love to see it. And the index needs more fics in it.

17. AlisonC

Aug 27, 2005
    Coolies. There will be very few J/NY fics, but I promise that one and possibly 1-2 more.

18. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Coolies.

You've given me an idea for a challenge! I'll type it up and post it later.

19. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    New Challenge! (the J/NY version of the disability challenge)

Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is this:

The statement above is your basic prompt. There are all sorts of things to go wrong in breeding, including, quite possibly, disabilities of all manner, physical or mental. For this challenge, you are being asked to write a vig involving such a child. I don't want any real tear-jerker responses. Fluff, angst, and all other manners of fic are fine, but please don't kill anyone.
    Other than that, the field's open.

20. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm working on mine. Anyone else gonna try?

21. AlisonC

Aug 27, 2005
    I would like to blame tonight's problem on the fact that I have a test tomorrow and therefore, naturally, am inspired to write. Because I shouldn't.

I can't write a 200-word vig to save my life, either. I tried and it's already gone well over 500 and will probably hit a thousand. But when it's done, it will be posted. :)

eta: It's done. I'm too braindead to proofread right now. Will be uploading tomorrow night.

22. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    AllisonC- awesome. I'm still about halfway through mine. >_<

23. AlisonC

Aug 27, 2005
    Innocent -
    http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22538329

There's my ficlet! :D

And despite writing that and another one (that kinda can't be posted to TFN, oops) I think I got an A on my test today. Not sure, but I'd be really shocked if I didn't.

24. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    What's the other one about? Is it J/NY? If it is, PM it to me.

Ok. I updated the index. Your fic is great, so now I gotta work on mine. *blushes* Good luck on your test!

25. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    12/18/05

Added a fic to the index and Corrected some faulty info and broken links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.