main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge The Dare Challenge 2020 - Winners Announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Apr 26, 2020.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Just a reminder: you have until the end of Thursday to submit your stories!

(Also, I swear I am going to edit the OP to include an index and read all the stories submitted... just as soon as my brain decides to focus on one thing for more than 5 minutes).

Kahara, Kit' , Findswoman and 3 others like this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It's time to vote!
    Sorry, your mods are having issues remembering dates recently!

Reminder of voting rules:
    Please PM your votes to Bri, Mav or Mira (or all in the same PM)
    • Anyone may vote
    • If you completed your Dare (as in you posted your story in the time given), your vote counts for 2 points
    • If you complete your Dare and you vote, you get 1 additional point added to your point total
    • If you entered the Dare Challenge but did not complete your Dare, your vote counts for 1 point
    • If you didn’t have anything to do with the challenge, but want to vote, your vote counts for 1 point
    • You may not vote for yourself
    Voting Ends: 11:59pm, Friday June 19th

The Dare stories:
    Pun Away by Kit'
    An Imperial Parody by devilinthedetails
    Weird Wormholes! by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    The Treasure by Jedi_Lover

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  3. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Ack! I was seriously just about to ask if there was any chance of getting an extension on the deadline!

Oh, well, great work to those who got their stories done on time!

4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    You can still post it and link to it here, anytime. We'd love to see it!

5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    If I ever think of something for mine, I'll share it.

6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Just a reminder that votes are due by tonight! We've got a bunch of great stories so send those votes in!

7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    My (late) story is up: First Son. After asking about non-Star Wars, I ended up doing a Star Wars story. [face_thinking] The muse is a fickle thing. 8-}

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Kit' , mavjade , Mira_Jade and 3 others like this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, we have our winners! Everyone, please put your hands together for . . .

Our First Place story: An Imperial Parody by @devilinthedetails

Then, we have a three way tie for Second Place: Pun Away by @Kit', The Treasure by @Jedi_Lover, and Weird Wormholes! by @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha!

For our Mods' Choice of Best Dare, @Raissa Baiard is our winner for her clever and zany dare. That is definitely one for the books if ever there was one!​

[​IMG]

Thank you all for participating, and for all of the great fun you brought to the boards! Your PMs about colors will be incoming just as fast as I can type them.

And remember, even if you didn't write for your dare on time, we would still love to see what you come up with! Please share a link with your story here with us, and we will still add it to the Index as a belated entry! [:D]

Then, last but certainly not least, for those of you who are interested we also have the complete list of dares from this year! So you know who to blame for the insanity you were forced to write. :p [face_mischief]

From brodiew:

* A run in with the law
    * A treasure chest
    *Han and Poe
    * line of dialogue: 'I've had better partners.'
    * a nerf hair longcoat
    * a Force Ghost cameo

From Cowgirl Jedi 1701:

Your story may be set in any era, and may be Legends, NuCanon, or a mix of both, but it must include the following things:
    • A pet
    • A group of friends singing a song together
    • The word "donnybrook"
    • A WTF moment
    • A practical joke
    • Someone gets drunk
    • Someone gets a makeover
    • As many bad puns as you can manage
    From devilinthedetails:

I dare you to write a Star Wars story inspired by Shakespeare’s tragedy Hamlet. Your story may be set in any era (Before the Saga, Saga-PT, Saga-OT, Saga-ST, Beyond the Saga, Before the Saga-Legends, Beyond the Saga-Legends) and you may use any characters from the Star Wars movies, Legends, or New Canon books. To ensure your story is inspired by Hamlet, you must include the following elements:

1. A ghost appears.
    2. A character pretends to be insane.
    3. A character spies on another character and gets caught in the act.
    4. A play is performed.
    5. A character hands out very symbolic flowers.
    6. A character soliloquizes.
    7. A character offers this advice to another character: "Neither a borrower nor a lender be."
    8. A character stares at a skull.

From Jedi_Lover:

I would like to see a story from the Expanded Universe-Legends: Beyond the Saga that takes place between The Last Command and Specter of the Past (meaning Luke and Mara are not dating). Or an AU with Mara and Luke where they are not dating prior to the start of the story. I would like a situation where Mara and Luke are both acting completely opposite of what they would normally do. It could be because of some Force thing or a curse or witchcraft or whatever, but they are both acting completely out of character…but they somehow still end up together. Then when the curse/witchcraft/Force thingy is over they go back to the way they were and have to face the consequences…if there are consequences.

From Kit':

The story ends in a graveyard. The story takes place in mid-winter. The story must involve a bottle of wine at the end.

From Raissa Baiard:

I dare you to write a story in which, due to budget constraints, housing allowances for Imperial officers have been cut, forcing Darth Vader, Maul, and Grand Admiral Thrawn to rent a suburban condo together. Your story must include elements inspired by the following Sims screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    (Vader eats grilled cheese)
    [​IMG]
    (Maul plays acoustic guitar)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Thrawn punches a giant teddy bear)

Bonus points if you have the characters wearing the outfits in the screenshots!

From Tarsier:

I dare someone to write a "Roshomon-style" story, played for laughs. Ideally it will feature Luke and Mara between TTT and HoT, but it doesn't have to.
    (If you need inspiration, check out the X-Files episode Bad Blood (aka the best X-Files episode).)

From WarmNyota_SweetAyesha:

* A cooking fiasco
    * Something goes wrong /haywire with the SW version of the laptop ;)
    * Baby sitting woes or youngling hijinks

* A pillow fight
    * A hug

Optional but I think it would be cool: time travel [face_laugh]

Thanks for another awesome Dare Challenge, everyone! We can't wait to see you again next time. [face_mischief] [face_devil] [:D]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superbly done, all, and congratulations!

Kahara, Kit' , Mira_Jade and 3 others like this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, this is great! Congratulations to @devilinthedetails for her hilarious winning story and @Raissa Baiard for her priceless wining dare, and well done to all who took part—what a fun bunch of stories this was! =D= =D= =D=

Kahara, Kit' , Mira_Jade and 2 others like this.
  11. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congratulations to all winners and to all who came up with such challenging and unique dares! @Raissa Baiard did indeed come up with a very clever and zany desire that inspired me to write a parody I never would've imagined otherwise, so hats off to her.

Kahara, Kit' , Findswoman and 2 others like this.
  12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Congratulations to all the winners. This was a fun challenge.

13. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Wow! Thank you very much! :D I’m thrilled that you liked my odd little dare; I love playing the Sims with the characters from Star Wars because they’ll do such bizarre things (Sim!Kanan likes to “troll teh forums”—spelled like that—whenever I’m not paying attention :p )I’ve gotten some priceless screenshots that seemed like perfect fodder for crack!fic. I’m glad you thought so, too!

‘And congratulations to @devilinthedetails. You brought my dare so hilariously to life—I couldn’t have asked for more ^:)^

Kahara, Kit' , Findswoman and 3 others like this.
  14. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Congrats to @devilinthedetails for taking an excellent prompt and just absolutely nailing it with one of the funniest fanfics of all time! =D= And to @Kit', @Jedi_Lover, and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for your awesome stories too! The one thing these all ended up having in common is a fantastic sense of humor. :D And congrats to @Raissa Baiard on her prompt and on her inimitable Sims-running. I don't know how you got to Darth Maul playing acoustic guitar but I take my cap off to you. [face_rofl]

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh wow! Yay! that's so cool and an awesome piece of news to wake up to!

Congratulations @devilinthedetails - that was an amazing story and still makes me giggle. Kudos too to @Raissa Baiard and her really creative prompt. Two winners who very much deserved the win!

Congrats to the other second-place winners as well - Go @Jedi_Lover and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha! - wooohooooooo!

Also to the mods for all the collation and for the challenge.