main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Dark - an 'Alias' style RP

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by The_Jesstar, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    So, I dropped off the face of the earth for a year, but I'm back with a new idea.

[color=darkblue][i]This game is based on the idea of the TV show Alias, its [b]NOT[/b] Alias, there is no Sydney Bristow or Rambaldi, though something of similar ideas may come into it. That means there is no need of having knowledge of the show, though it would help. That being said, I realise Alias was not a realistic reflection of the real CIA, but we are using their vision of it, because well, I'm not American, nor a member of the CIA or any secret service organisiation, and I doubt any of you are either. Therefore I reserve the right to do whatever I want. :) [/color][/i]

[u]Plot Outline[/u]
    The CIA is putting together a black-ops team, to be called [b]The Dark[/b], in order to face the threat of a new Terrorist organisation known only as[b] Thor[/b]. The size of the organisation is unknown but the current leader is thought to be [b]Jeff Gonzales[/b], an ex assassin-for-hire, who has long been on the CIA's most wanted list and responsible for the deaths of at least 5 American agents, possibly more.

The CIA have asked long serving agent [b]Jacob Manwell[/b] to direct the operation and recruit team members.

Players will form the taskforce designed to track down the members of and ultimately put a stop to Thor. Their agenda is as yet unknown, but it will unfold as the story plays out. As GM, I will post new missions as they arise, and you will play them out.

[u][b]RULES[/b][/u]
    1. Obey the TOS at all times.
    2. Please keep all seperate conversations to PM, minimum OOC.
    3. Please try and keep a general eye on grammar, spelling and punctuation.
    4. No god-moding. There will be times when you have to fight off other characters, if you get shot, your not gonna just shake it off. Make this as realistic as possible please.
    5. The GM's word is law. Period.
    6. PM all character profiles to me before posting.

[b][color=red]This is a number limited game, the taskforce will consist of 6 members, not including Jacob - who I will be playing - and my character. Each will have specialties and their talents will be taken into account when tasking the missions. Because of this, please think carefully before joining this game, it's important you can commit to it.[/color][/b]

[u]AGENT PROFILE[/u]
    [b]Name:
    Call Sign:[/b] [What you are going be called during missions]
    [b]DOB:
    Place of Birth:

Physical Appearance:[/b] please be detailed

[b]Family:
    Languages:
    Special abilities:[/b] Photographic memory? Kick boxing? Anything that could help you on missons and set you apart from the rest of the team.

[b]History with the CIA: [/b] How long have you been with the CIA, where did you work with them, undercover ops, field rated? Please note that this is a Black Ops team, any agents will have extensive history with the CIA
    [b]Family History:[/b] Parents profession, anything that may affect your time with the CIA
    [b]Personal History/Traits: [/b] Please inlcude any personal relationships and personality traits

[color=red]
    --- Your characters can have a certain amount of personal interaction in between missions or before/after briefings, but it won't be a main point of this game, its about the missions. ---[/color]

[b]
    THE TEAM[/b]

Director: Jacob Manwell
    Operation Technician: Eryn Wellington (My character - CS to follow)
    Agent:
    Agent:
    Agent:
    Agent:
    Agent:
    Agent:

[hr]

If I've forgotten anything, I'll post it later. So send me your sheets, and we'll make the world a safer place! ;) Oh and any enemy goons or security guards will be NPC's, and deatiled what you can expect to come up against in mission briefings, these must be addressed before the mission can be completed.

[color=darkblue][b]I_H Edit:[/b] Locked at GM's request[/color]

2. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    My characters profile. Anyone else interested? [face_worried]

Agent Profile:
    Name: Eryn Wellington
    Call Sign: Moonflower
    DOB: 5/14/81
    Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California USA

Physical Appearance: Eryn is shorter than average, but thin and her long limbs give her a slightly lanky look. Her hair is naturally brown, but she dyes it different colours, its currently black with a bright blue streak through the left hand side. Her hair is shoulder length and straight. Her eyes are a vibrant blue, and she has soft facial features. People often think her mind has wandered, because of the slighlty vague look her face gets when she's concentrating. But her mind is sharp. She has a small scar on her right knee from a child-hood accident and a small birth mark on her lower back.

Family: Father: George Wellington (deceased)
    Mother: Emily Wellington
    Brother: Jordan Wellington
    Sister-in-Law: Sarah Wellington
    Nephew: Caleb-Jordan (CJ) Wellington
    Mother's Maiden Name: Sim

Languages: English, Spanish

Special abilities: Eryn has always had an uncanny ability with maths and can do complicated calculus in her head. She has extensive experience with computer systems and likes to brag she can hack anything anywhere. She has a PhD in Engineering.

History with the CIA: Eryn was recruited into the CIA straight out of college and quickly rose through the ranks to assisstant to Operation Technician at Langley. She has always impressed her superiors with her quick-thinking ability and cool head in pressure situations.
    Family History: Her father was a mathematical genius, who wrote several controversial articles in his life regarding the space-time continuum. He taught his daughter about maths and his radical ideas from a young age. Her mother was a kindergarten teacher, who contributed greatly to making her such a caring and loving person, that her father lacked. Her father's death, while mourned by his family, was something of a relief to mainstream society. Eryn also has an older brother, Jordan, who is married to a nurse, Sarah. They have a four year old son, CJ.
    Personal History/Traits: While her mother has impressed her kind and loving nature on Eryn, she understands the gruff and often down-right-rude nature her father showed to others. He, in his own way, loved her, though it took his death fior her to realise it. She is hardworking and determined, and worked most her life to earn her father's love. She is fiercely loyal, but not exactly trusting. She is not naive and knows everyone is not what they seem. She has only ever been in one serious relationship in her life, a fellow student in college - Derek Gelding - but he cheated on her after she moved back to L.A and she ended it with a broken heart. She has a very strong work ethic, and would never do anything to compromise her position within the CIA.

3. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    I really like it. i was going to do a CIA type RPG but never got around to it. sending in my CS :D

4. witchdoctor187

witchdoctor187 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2007
    GM Approved!!![face_dancing]

Name: Nathan McAllister
    Call Sign: Snake Doctor
    DOB: 1/30/74
    Place of Birth: Fort Bragg North Carolina

Physical Appearance: Nathan is tall standing 6?2 and weighing 195 pounds. His build is fairly muscular from the years of training in both the military and the CIA. His hair is a light brown and is cut very short. His face is clean shaven but the appearance of a five o?clock shadow is visible. Nathan?s face is young but has the look of and experienced man behind it. Nathan carries scars on his body, a knife wounds across his abdomen, and bullet wounds in his right shoulder, left thigh, and lower torso.

Family:
    Father: Martin McAllister
    Mother: Jennifer McAllister
    Sister: Jessica McAllister
    Sister: Kelly McAllister

Languages: English, Arabic, German, Spanish
    Special abilities: From his years in Delta, Nathan learned a great deal of skills, but he was the most skilled in marksmanship, CQB, as well as unconventional Warfare.

History with the CIA: After retiring from Delta, Nathan was quickly picked up and recruited by the CIA. He has been spearheading Black Ops for them for 2 years now.

Family History: Nathan?s grew up in North Carolina Father was a sergeant Major in the Army, but now owns a car repair garage. His mother was a chef and owned a family restaurant in Fayetteville, a town near Fort Bragg. His sister Jessica works as a teacher in a school in the school in Fayetteville, while his younger sister Kelly now works as the owner of the family restaurant.
    Personal History/Traits: Nathan was born and raised in Fort Bragg, where his family lived on station. Nathan grew up around the military, and became some what of an army brat. At the age of 18, Nathan graduated high school and immediately signed on as an enlisted man. He passed bootcamp with flying colors and graduated the top of his class. Nathan soon offered given the chance to serve in the 75th Ranger regiment, which he accepted and was soon made the rank of Sergeant.
    He served well in his years in the 75th until his name was brought up for selection for Delta Force. Nathan passed selection and was rank in the top 10, the only ones who passed selection. Nathan spent years in Delta Force until he was 32, the average retirement age for an operator in delta. Nathan knew he couldn?t jump out of planes forever, but shortly after his retirement from delta, he was approached by a representative from the CIA. He then went to work for the CIA in Langley, but visits his family in North Carolina whenever he can.

Nathan has fallen in and out of relationships for a few years now, but has now met the women who would become his fiancé. A women name Kim Gerhard. Nathan had just asked her to marry him when the offer came from the CIA. Nathan has a very strong work ethic, never leaving a mission uncompleted and an unshakable loyalty to his friends never leaving a man behind even if it risked his own life.

5. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    AGENT PROFILE

Name: Jayson Bryce (Alias: J. Smith, Jack Hart, Jay Bryant, J.B.)
    Call Sign: Stalker
    DOB: 4-12-80
    Place of Birth: Dallas, Texas

Physical Appearance: Jayson is 5'11" tall with a slightly pale complexion. He is thin, but stronger than he appears. He has a friendly round face with short brown hair and comforting blue eyes that seem as if they could peer deep into your soul.

Family: Orphan/Unknown
    Languages: English, Spanish
    Special abilities: The Con "Arts" (Breaking and Entering, Sleight of Hand, Pickpocketing, Manipulation, Hustles, etc.), Wheelman (Driving)

History with the CIA: Recruited out of Texas prison for consulting work on an area case. When things went bad, Jayson proved useful and rather than fleeing completed the mission with out CIA supervision. He was offered the option to "disappear" and become a probationary member. Eight years of field/undercover work in Southern California and the Northwest, Jayson has proven his worth time and time again as an effective agent, earning him high accolades despite his history.

Family History: Parents are unknown. Raised in an orphanage until 13, when he ran away to join a street gang.

Personal History: An orphanage runaway, Jayson joined a small street gang in Dallas at the age of 12 or 13. Over his teen years, he dabbled in drug dealing, armed robbery, and other forms of illegal activity, but found his knack in "the arts" of conning. He also proved to be an exceptional driver, operating the getaway vehicle at every possible chance. Eventually the gang disbanded, and Jayson turned to a solo life of crime, teaming up with other Cons every now and then but mostly operating alone. He earned a rap sheet as long the Earth is round, and eventually got pinched while robbing a traveling museum exhibit. He was brought in as a consultant on a CIA case, and when things went bad he completed the mission with out CIA aide or supervision. Eventually he was signed on as a permanent agent, working extensively in the field.

Personality Traits: He doesn't like to get attached, his family left him why wouldn't someone else. He likes to joke and have a good time, even on the mission, but never intentionally puts anyone into danger.

6. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Yay! [face_dancing] Thanks for your interest guys! If I can get at least one more player, I'll start and hope we get more players down the track. Thanks for your patience. PM's will be sent when the game starts.

Your friendly GM :)

7. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    :( I'm gonna ask Imp to lock this guys, obviously no one else is interested, and we really can't play with only two of you. So thanks again, and I'm sure we'll encounter each other across teh boards somewhere! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.