main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dark Knight: Casting Rumours for the Third Movie

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zethyus, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zethyus

Zethyus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    If this one's anything like the first, it is sure to be great.

One of the hot topics of the discussion of the movie is who will play the Joker? They are currently in talks with Lachy Hulme, which could be a good decision. Personally, I'm hoping for Paul Bettany. He's got a lot of potential, and this could be what he needs for a huge career booster (he may be a lot more popular by 2008 anyway).

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Why not create an all new villain. Why keep bring back 50 year old Batman villains in every movie?

3. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    A new villain wouldn't work in a Batman movie. You'd have everyone complaining and then there would be no-more movies.

4. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    A sequel to Batman Begins sounds great!

5. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    What would it be called?

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Batman Begins... Again.

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    That manages to be both brilliant and accurate... [face_laugh]

8. Zethyus

Zethyus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    I think a candidate for the title is Batman Continues. Can't really think of anything else that makes sense.

Considering they're dropping Katie Holmes from the cast, who would you pick to replace her as Bruce Wayne's love interest?

9. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    Batman Begun

Batman Underway

10. Darth Zykalus

Darth Zykalus Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 1998
    How about no love interest ?
    Bruce or Batman rarely have any relationship anyways, they could focus more on the story.
    That's the thing I dislike about spiderman or superman, the love interest.

The other thing I hate is the part where the bad guy/love interest/other find out about the secret identity.

I'd like a superhero movie with no love interest/someone finding out the secret ID... for a change...

11. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I can't wait for this. I loved BB and Morgan Freeman as Luscious Fox [face_love], and the guy who played Alfred, as well. I love the whole cast! Except Katie Holmes, who made me cringe a bit. Cillian Murphy, wasn't that great either; I like him as an actor, but he just didn't do that great as Scarecrow, IMO.

I really hope they bring in someone good as the Joker. I know there was rumors going around with the fans about Johnny Depp, which I think wouldn't be that great, and as much as I love Johnny; I don't think the role is good for him.

Kinda also interested in what they'll come up with for a title.

How many films is Christain Bale signed on for Bruce Wayne/Batman? (he's did incredibly awesome in BB)

I also agree about Batman/Bruce Wayne not having a love interest, that would suck. I like the Spiderman/Superman movies, but yea kinda disappointing with the love interest crap.

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Im not 100% certain, but I think that Bale is signed for two more movies.

13. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    I think we all know that gabe will be playing the joker.

14. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    That would be nice, but then the womenfolk won't go see it. They'll be all (does high voice) "I can't go see a movie if there's no romance in it! I'm a woman!"

I'm just glad we're past the origin part.

15. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    It seems their intentions are to make a Batman trilogy completely seperate from the other Batman films, with Christian Bale in all three and with a linear storyline with a resounding conflict resolution - so Id expect Liam Neeson back for the THIRD installment, not the second except for perhaps a hint at the end. Less important than whose going to play the Joker ( I heard a rumor a couple of months ago about Johnny Depp ) is that they bring back Nolan as the director as well Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and whoever that **** brilliant cinematographer was for BB. They better huury up and get started though. They already introduced the Joker as the villian and its been a year already. Visual continuity, most importantly in the appearances of Bale, Caine, and Freeman, will be a big factor.

16. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Meh. I'm probably one of the few people on Earth that didn't like Batman Begins. The movie was boring and the Scarecrow was a sucky villain. The Batman movie franchise will never beat the Spider-Man or Superman movies. But at least Batman Begins was better than the Hulk. Barely.

17. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    I thought it was the best superhero film of them all, in its story and its filmming. And Batman isnt even close to my favorite superhero. Not by a long shot. Thats a tie between the son of Jor-l and Tony Stark.

EDIT - and your not alone - theres alot of people who didnt like BB.

18. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I loved Batman Begins. An intelligent superhero film? Colour me astounded.

That's a fairly dull choice, if you ask me. It might as well be Batman Plods Along.

? I hope you are joking. I know plenty of 'womenfolk' who don't even like romance films.

Anyway, two points, regarding the bad guy.

1 - The Joker has to be in the next film, as the end of Begins irreversibly set it up for his entrance.

2 - I heard rumours about Phillip Seymour Hoffman being chased for the part of The Penguin. Thoughts?

19. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Hoffman would be an intriguing choice, although the Penguin would be a tricky role for anyone to play, even an actor of his stature. The very nature of the character alone makes him almost impossible to take seriously as a villain so obviously Hoffman would have his work cut out for him.

20. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I think that if anyone could make The Penguin work, it would be Hoffman. Given the serious and believable approach of Begins towards an otherwise outlandish character in The Scarecrow, I think they could do it.

21. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Youre probably right, although they'd have to make some drastic changes to the character, especially his look.

22. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I suppose another option would be to have Hoffman do the Joker. It would be an interesting take on the character, certainly.

23. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Crispin Glover should be Joker. He looks freakishly like him, and he's got being weird down to a science.

24. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Batman Returns

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    That almost sounds familiar... :p

How about "Batman Begets"? "Batman Beqeaths"? "Batman Belongs"?

Sorry. [face_blush]

E_S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.