main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Dark Lords of the JC - Official RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Greetings!
    Welcome to the Official Role Play Thread of the Dark Lords of the JC!

This RPG is intended for members of the Dark Lords of the JCC only. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Dark Lord Order, contact jedi-mind-trick via PM or see the Dark Lords' JCC thread.

Having said that, I would like to turn this thread over to Darth-Stryphe, the Gamemaster of the Dark Lords' Role Play. Any questions or concerns regarding the game should be directed to Stryphe via PM. Furthemore, the game does not officially start until Stryphe says go.

Thanks for your interest! Enjoy! :D

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Greetings all!

The game will commence soon (probably tomorrow). Currently, I am posting new info in the new Sithly RPG Forum on the EZBoard, so everyone check that out. Again, if you are interested in this RPG, but haven't PMed me, please do so.

3. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    Just thought i would let you know that there is a Sith RP order here that you are welcome to join.

It is the one and only New Sith Order.

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    budaki: Your group plays in The War Of The Galaxies game. This is an entirely seperate game so I would ask you and anyone not playing or not interested in playing to not interferre(sp?) or advertise.

5. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    Actually DA, not to correct you, the NSO would participate in many different RPs if we found others that were interesting enough.

6. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    OK....cool.

But you're still advertising, a practice which has never been allowed in this forum. So I'd appeciate it if we just dropped this now :)

7. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    So I have to be a member allllll the way back at the jcc to be a member allllll the way over here? :(

well, I assume you don't mind me lying around, like I do in the lightsiders thread? :)

*falls to the floor and begins sleeping*

8. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Budaki, this thread has nothing to do with the other RPG threads. It's a Dark Lord of the JCC's thing only.

OK, DLs, first thing I want you to do is PM me with your characters' socks, so I can verify you're ready to go and add you to my watched users list.

DA, cool new icon.

9. Sincra_Kunnar

Sincra_Kunnar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    I'm ready to go..... [face_devil]

10. Arteme

Arteme Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2002
    Stryphe......ready when you are. [face_mischief]

11. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Oh, and everyone who's in the game, as your sock, change your sig to match the above that Arteme has. And, in your bio, put any info about your character which you wish to be public knowledge.

12. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    can I be the guy who's always sleeping around, just like I am in the Lightsiders temple?!?!?!

If I can, then...

*continues sleeping*

If I can't, then...

*continues sleeping*

13. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Rules of the Game:
    1) Obey all JCC rules. This is still the JCC, and you can still get into trouble for breaking their rules. Now, having said that, in character, players may be enemies, so in character flaming isn?t real flaming, because it?s all in good fun. Out of character flaming will get you kicked out of the RPG, and in trouble with JMT and DA both.

2) Rules of player interaction:
    First, understand, the GM is the narrator. I set the stage for the story, then tell it. Players enact their own characters, who are among the central characters in this story. I will describe a scene, say what the NPCs do (that stands for non-player characters), then you will respond with what you do or say. You will not describe the results. It is the gamemaster?s (my) job to tell you the result of your action, or what the NPCs say in response.

For example, you would not post something like say ?I attack and kill the Jedi.? Rather, you?d say, ?I?m going to attempt to kill the Jedi, I pull out my lightsaber and attack.? I would then say something like ?he parries your blow and strike back, but you manage to parry, just barely. He is more powerful than you had guessed. Do you wish to press the attack or retreat?? You?d then post your next action, I?d post the result, so on and so forth.
    Now, if two (or more) PCs are interacting, they do not need to wait for the GM to intervene, as long as they are just talking. Once they start taking actions, they do need me to step in. For example, two characters talking can talk all they want, but if a player says ?I?m going to try to fake her out, then sneak out the back with the data crystals?, then you?ll have to wait for me to show up and describe the result.
    So, I know what some of you are thinking; if a bunch of players are together in one scene, and we have to wait for the GM to post the results of each of their actions, and wait for each player to come on and post their choice of actions, this could take a long time to get through a scene. Maybe. It?s one draw back to this style, but I spoke with several DLs before deciding on this style, and they all agreed it sounded the best. Now, let me add, if a player is off in another scene doing something that doesn?t directly, immediately impact other players in another scene, those players can go on with their scene regardless what is going on in another scene ? unless otherwise indicated by the GM. So, if the group is scattered here and there taking on different missions, the game can move pretty quickly.

3) Player Knowledge: Using player knowledge is a big no-no. What is player knowledge? Well, you, as a player, will know things that your character doesn?t. Perhaps you see a post on the thread where Arteme and Harrison talk together, plotting evil schemes that conflicts with your plans. But your character isn?t around when this happens. The scene, for example, though played out openly on the thread, takes place on Corsucant, while you character is off on Tatooine, so your character would have no knowledge of the scene. Now, the player reads it, because it is publicly posted, so the player knows, but the character does not, because the character wasn't there. This is what is known as ?Player Knowledge.? You cannot have your characters take action on knowledge you know but the character does not. You cannot assume your character knows what you do. I kid you not, I will not tolerate this.

Certain things will take place in PMs and/or your private forums on the EZBoard, to retain secrecy and remove temptation of playing with player knowledge in certain instances. However, I cannot run the entire game in your own personal forums, so certain things not meant for your character to know will get posted openly. Plus, I like to do things I call ?Opening narratives? (that term looses some meaning playing on-line). These narratives will describe scenes in which no dark lord is present. I do those for fun, and to make the story fell fuller. But nonetheless, events in narratives ar

14. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    OK, rules posted. Game begins: Tuesday, January the 15th, 2002 (that's tomorrow). Be watching.
    :D

15. Shiri_ani

Shiri_ani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2002
    I'm ready here to go :D

16. Kun_Amor

Kun_Amor Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2002
    I'm ready. [face_mischief]

17. Sincra_Kunnar

Sincra_Kunnar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    I'm back.... [face_devil]

18. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Opening Narrative
    The galaxy is changing, I can feel it in the stars, I can feel it in the moons, for none now live who remember ?

Err, wait, since this is suppose to be a SW RPG, maybe I shouldn?t use the FOTR opener. Sorry about that 8-} Hold up ? take two:

Long before the rise of Palpatine, long before the fall of Anakin and the rebirth of the Jedi Order, there was ?

Star Wars
    The Dark Lords Trilogy Part I
    Moving in Shadow

?For one hundred years, the Republic has enjoyed peace, a welcome relief from the centuries of wars that preceded it. However, despite this new age of peace, old tensions and fears remain. The Mandalorian Empire is just a shell of it?s former glory, but nonetheless retains a significant military force which lies ever waiting for the Republic to make a fatal error and rekindle a new Republic/Alliance war. And with rumors of Mandalor?s old ally, Malistare, being offered membership into the Republic, tension may yet turn violent.

A new threat to the safety and prosperity of the Republic has arisen. On a distant rim world, an ancient evil has been discovered, and a Lady of Darkness has stepped forth from the shadows. Her name is Lady Arteme. Who she really is, is unknown. Bent on vengeance and conquest, and twisted by the secrets she has unlocked, she has formed a group of dark side force users known as the Dark Lords. Working in secret, they have infiltrated the Republic on the highest levels.

Despite their plans, and the goals they have already accomplished, there is much going on in the galaxy that even they do not know yet, but that could shape even their destiny. The time of peace may be coming to an end, and it is uncertain who will survive the coming storm?
    ?

Fades to stars, glittering in space. Camera pans down to show a small, almost barren world, a planet named Bott. It is a bleak planet lying within the rim, just outside the Republic/Mandalorian border. The planet is composed mostly of rocky outcrops and deserts, a few grassy landscapes and only a few scattered cities covering its surface.

Scene fades to the planet?s surface. Just outside a settlement of about 30,000 people, across a dusty plain, three figures sit atop a small hill of rocks. One is a gran (Reey-Yees races). Another is a strong, tall, well-built human with a dark complexion and a stern, serious gaze. The last of the three is a younger human, slender but strong. His head is covered by a worn out pilot?s helmet. Wisps of his light brown hair stick out the helmet?s front and blow in the breeze. His face is covered by a thinly trimmed beard.

The taller, stronger built man stares at the settlement through a pair of electrobinoculars. Lowering them, he pulls out a comm link from his pocket.

?Are the skies clear?? he asks, speaking into the link.

?Everything is clear topside,? a voice answers back.

The taller man looks over at the other two.

?We?re ready to go,? he says. He holds out the comm link to the thinner man, ?here, Daven, I give you the honors.?

The thinner man (Daven) takes the link.

?Lock on target and fire at will,? he says, speaking into it.

?Roger that,? a voice replies.

Immediately, a massive volley of energy rains from the skies, striking the settlement. The three watch as, in a matter of seconds, the entire city is reduced to rubble and ash. After 20 seconds, the volley ends. The taller man hands the other the electrobinoculars.

?Have a look,? he says.

?Incredible,? says the thinner man, taking a look through the electronbinoculars. ?I?ve never seen anything do so much damage in so little time.?

?In the old days, orbital bombardment was quite common,? says the taller man. ?Even the Republic did it from time to time, but you won?t find any record of that in the history books.?

?What is the causality rate?? the gran asks.

?Minimum of eighty-five percent,? the taller than answers. ?In a few hours, when the flames have subsided to a reasonable level, I suggest a closer look.?

?Incredible,? repeats

19. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Arteme, Shiniari, Sincra, Tiasha)

The forest world of Lamore, Dark Lord?s secret layer (one of them):

Lady Shini?ari has arrived to bring Lady Arteme her a reports on her activities and the latest information that she has gathered while poising as the Senator from Ryloth. As the game begins, her shuttle is landing. Lady Arteme walks through the main atrium of the compound where Sincra Kunnar happens to be, perhaps practicing force powers , or ? well, Sincra, I?ll let you tell me what you are doing. Tiasha, you also happen to be at this compound at this time. Perhaps you're following Arteme to hear Shini?ari?s report, perhaps not. Again, I?ll let you tell me what you?re doing at this time, but you are at the same compound with Artme, Shiniari, and Sincra.

As Arteme passes through the atrium, a holo-projector clicks on. The image of Lord Harrison appears. He looks decisively displeased.

Harrison (in an angry voice): ?Lady Arteme! I do not know what game you are playing at, but you do not seriously think I am going to sit by and let you ruin me? I?ve worked too hard for too long to allow you to undo everything I?ve achived on a whim! I demand an explanation!?

Arteme, you have no clue what he is talking about.

20. Arteme

Arteme Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2002
    Arteme turns, looks coldly to aides and other Dark Lords within earshot.

"Leave me. Now."

Arteme turns cold gaze back to holo, and cooly speaks...

"You fool....do not address me in such a manner in front of the others." She pauses and adopts a less harsh tone. "I can offer you no explanation because I do not know to what you are referring. Cease your ranting and tell me what has casued you to believe such nonsense."

21. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Tiasha, Arteme, Sincra, Shini'ari)

Tiasha and Sincra if you were around, the question remains, did you really leave when Arteme dismissed you, or are you easedropping at a distance?
    ---------------------------

Harrison: "Come, come -- I know your mind, Arteme. Your ambition is only matched by your greed. Do you deny that you would sell me out if it suited your purposes? Do you deny attempting to do so even now?"

22. Arteme

Arteme Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2002
    Arteme sighs and cocks head to the side, matter-a-factly stating:

"Harrison, selling you out to serve 'my' purposes would be counter-productive because we share a common purpose: to bring about the end of the Jedi and the Republic. Is it not obvious to you that whatever or whomever has made you believe this 'selling out' rubbish did so in order to divide us? Think rationally Harrison...do not be blinded by your anger, for that is this enemy's hope. Whomever has done this is obviously aware of our operation and our intentions, and thus jepordizes our common purpose. "

Pauses to allow this rationality to sink in......

"Come now friend, tell me what has gotten you doubting our alliance...tell me what has happened. Only armed with information regarding the enemy's move can we begin to plan our counter-move."

23. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (arteme, shiriani, tiasha, sincra)

Harrison studies Arteme carefully: "You're clever with words, true or not. So, you say you know nothing of the classified information being funnelled through Naboo? This was not done on your orders?"

(Arteme, you do not know anything about this).

24. Arteme

Arteme Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2002
    Instantly the wheels start turning in Arteme's head, she is visably disturbed to hear the source of Harrison's distress.

"No, Harrison. I know nothing about this.....I would never have ordered something so reckless."

Pauses..............thinking...........

"This development is either a very dangerous coincendence or someone's attempt to expose you as a spy. Harrison, can you determine the source of this information channel? And where it is being channeled from Naboo? I have an idea as to whom is behind this, and these clues may shed light on the person's identity."

25. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    (Dr. Faust)

Corsucant, daytime, in Dr. Faust's office, which is located within the personal suites of the Trade Federation deligation:

Dr. Faust, you have just finished giving one of the senator's aides, a Mr. Tazulfin, his phyisical. He buttons up his coat and gives you a thanking smile.

Tazulfin: "Ah, thank you, my good doctor. I do so much prefer being examined by someone rather than some -- thing" he glances over a an asistant medical droid sitting in the corner "Droids have no concept of pain, and as such, I never thought they made good doctors."

Fastening his last coat button, he hands you 200 credits and smiles again. "Get yourself something nice."

With that he turns and leaves. As he does, a messenger droid rolls into the room and hands you a data crystal, then departs.

You examine the crystal and realize it's a message from Harrison, encoded as usual. As soon as you're ready to view the message, go to the EZBoard and read the thread called "Message From Harrison" in your personal forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.