main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Dark of Night (short story AU; Ben/Jysella) Completed 1/20/07 *Author Note 7/1/07*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: The Dark of Night

Summary: Ben and Jysella find love in the dark of night.

Disclaimer: Star Wars was created by George Lucas. Star Wars, LucasFilm Ltd. And all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company.

Chapter One

Ossus
    Jedi Temple
    50.5 ABY

“The dark of night is really no time to be wandering around all alone, you know,” a deep voice cut through the quietness.

Jysella Horn, her brown cloak wrapped tightly around her tall, slender form turned slowly to look at the man that had interrupted her walk.

Twenty-four year-old Ben Skywalker moved slowly towards her, his black cloak swaying gently in his wake. His entire form was clad in black, the touch of red in his dark blonde hair and his icy blue eyes the only things giving any measure of color to his physical presence. In short, he looked rather menacing for a Jedi.

“I could say the same to you,” she quipped.

Ben smiled then as he came to a stop directly in front of the older woman. She was considerably shorter than Ben, so she had to tip her head back to look into his eyes.

“The dark of night is the only time I find peace around here,” he told her quietly. “With the rising suns comes another day of insults and scathing looks.”

Jysella’s heart broke at the sadness she heard in his voice.

He had paid the price for his actions as the apprentice of his cousin, Jacen Solo. They, along with their dark side teacher Lumiya, had been captured eight years before. Jacen and Lumiya engaged their captors in a fight that ended in their deaths and eighteen year-old Ben had been remanded to the custody of the Jedi and they’d imprisoned him for five years. He’d paid the price and still people didn’t trust him.

“I’m sorry,” Jysella finally said, her voice soft.

Ben inhaled deeply then as she wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head against his broad chest. He wrapped one arm around her waist and held her to him while his other hand came up and he ran his fingers through her long brown tresses. His head came to rest against the top of hers.

For several long moments, the two friends just stood there, each protected in the others embrace.

“I wish I could take away your pain,” she whispered as her hands absently began to rub his back, working out knots in his tense muscles.

“You do,” he replied. “You’re my only friend, Sella. Nothing seems quite as bad when you’re with me.”

She smiled against his chest. “I’m not your only friend. Your siblings are your friends; Allana, Tenel Ka, Tahiri, Kyp, my brother.”

“You didn’t mention even one person that isn’t family or very close to it,” he pointed out sadly.

Jysella pulled back then but didn’t leave the circle of his arms. “Family make the best kinds of friends, Ben. They’ll always be there, no matter what.”

He nodded. “I suppose that’s true enough. My family has been there for me the past eight years, especially my parents.”

“They love you,” she said easily. “They never once considered that you couldn’t be reached. They would have kept trying until the end of time.”

Ben smiled, his mood having lightened somewhat. “Well, family aside, you’re my best friend.”

Her smile lit up her entire face and Ben noticed, not for the first time, just how beautiful Jysella Horn had become. Her long brown hair fell down in waves around her slender shoulders. Her green eyes pierced him with their intensity as they stared out of an amazingly beautiful face with high cheek bones.

Carefully, Ben brought his hand from her hair to softly stroke her cheek. “You’re beautiful.”

Jysella blushed. “I bet you say that to all the girls.”

Ben chuckled with her, but then grew serious. “No, no I don’t. You truly are a beautiful woman.”

Jysella was unprepared for what he did next.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Start!

Do you mind PMing me with the update tomorrow!?

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait to read the rest of it! =D=

4. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    omg
    I love this
    more Benella
    MORE MORE MORE

5. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    G__Anakin Great Start!

Thanks. :)

Do you mind PMing me with the update tomorrow!?

I don't mind at all. :D

VaderLVR64 I can't wait to read the rest of it! =D=

Thank you. [face_blush]

darth_dragon666 omg
    I love this
    more Benella
    MORE MORE MORE

Glad you like it. :)

Chapter Two

The suns were just beginning to peak over the horizon when Jysella awakened. She immediately felt the weight of Ben’s muscled arm across her bare abdomen. She closed her eyes as she recalled images from the previous night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Before she knew what was happening, Ben’s head had dipped and his lips were gently caressing hers. His strong arms pulled her to him as he deepened the kiss.

Caught in the whirlwind of emotions flowing from both of them, Jysella did the only thing she could do. She wrapped her arms around Ben and returned his kiss with equal passion and fire.

Their hands roamed as their mouths fused together wildly.

The walk to Ben’s quarters was short, but made difficult as the couple tried in vain to keep their lips connected on the way.

They collapsed as one onto Ben’s large bed. The heated, passionate kisses from the hall gave way to tender ones. Clothing disappeared slowly as the two lovers came together in a fiery display of love.

“Good morning,” Ben said sleepily.

Jysella was pulled from her thoughts by the sound of his voice. She turned her head and stared into his expressive eyes.

“Good morning,” she repeated softly.

Ben smiled and tightened his hold on her. “Did you sleep well?”

Jysella laughed softly. “When I slept, yes.”

Ben laughed heartily at that before placing a gentle kiss against Jysella’s lips. “I apologize for keeping you awake.”

“You’re forgiven,” she intoned lightly.

Ben nodded as he climbed from the bed and pulled on his pants from the night before. Still bare-chested, he turned back to Jysella. “Thank you.”

Sitting up and covering herself with the sheet, she smiled at him. “For what?”

Ben shrugged as he picked his shirt up from the floor and put it on, covering his scar-laden back and chest. “For…being my friend. For being more than my friend. I don’t feel close to anyone anymore, but last night…I…I haven’t felt as connected to anyone like that in a long time.”

Jysella chose her words carefully. “Making love will do that to a person.”

Ben shook his head. “No. I mean, yes it can, but that isn’t what I meant. Making love with you was amazing, but just…just being close to you gave me more than anything. Holding your hand in mine, feeling you rub my back, letting me caress your hair or your cheek, those things make me feel more connected to you than anything else. You make me feel like you trust me.”

Tears gathered in her green eyes. “Ben, I do trust you. I always have and I always will. Even when you were doing terrible things, I still trusted you. I knew you wouldn’t hurt me, despite what Jacen and Lumiya were telling you to do.”

He sat down next to her on the edge of the bed and kissed her gently. “You’re the only one who does.”

They shared one more kiss before Ben rose again and finished getting dressed. He was attaching his lightsaber to his belt when Jysella finally asked the one question she’d had floating in the back of her mind since their first kiss the night before.

“Where do we go from here?”

Ben sat in a chair across from her as he contemplated the question. “I don’t know. I…this was unexpected. I only meant to kiss you last night, not…not this. I’m not very…experienced at this.”

“You mean…intimacy?” she asked teasingly.

Ben blushed, embarrassed. “No, I’ve got that part covered. I meant relationships in general. I’m twenty-four and I’ve spent the majority of the past eight years confined to a prison cell and with mind-healers and the like. I’m not exactly sure what’s supposed to happen beyond what we’ve already shared.”

With that, an honest answer, Jysella stood with the sheet covering her body and moved to sit in Ben’s lap. “For starters, you can take me to breakfast. After that, we’ll just see where the wind takes us.”

They shared a smile before Ben answered. “I think I can manage that.”

Jysella smiled back and placed a soft kiss on his lips. “Good.”

6. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great Job!

7. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That was amazing...please send me a pm!

8. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    This is really good. Wonderfully written...=D=
    But then I'm a sucker for Benella...:p

I enjoyed your protrayal of Ben and Jys...Oh, I like "Sella" that's one I haven't seen before...

I'm anxious to see where you take this...

By the way, I am one of the staff members of the Benella index...if you haven't already, PM me or the index sock Benella the story info and I'll index it in the index tread. We always welcome new Benella fics and writers...[:D]

FL @};-

9. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Wow, this is really good, I like what you're doing with this Jen. Great chapters.

Armada

10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    G__Anakin Great Job!

Thanks. :)

Alishu06 That was amazing...please sned me a pm!

Thanks. You'll get a PM. :D

Flowerlady This is really good. Wonderfully written...

Thanks. [face_blush]

enjoyed your protrayal of Ben and Jys...Oh, I like "Sella" that's one I haven't seen before...

Thank you. Seemed like she needed a nickname. Jys, I thought is a bit overused, so I decided on something different.

By the way, I am one of the staff members of the Benella index...if you haven't already, PM me or the index sock Benella the story info and I'll index it in the index tread. We always welcome new Benella fics and writers...

I'll be sure to do that. [face_dancing]

JediMasterArmada Wow, this is really good, I like what you're doing with this Jen. Great chapters.

Thanks a lot. :D

Chapter Three

“This is…your…idea of…a…good time?” Jysella asked between breaths.

Ben laughed as they stared down at the capitol city of Knossa from atop the Eocho Mountain range.

“Yeah, this is my idea of a good time,” he said after a few moments. “Up here, I feel calm and at peace. Maybe because it’s nighttime. I don’t know.”

Jysella moved to stand next to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Together they looked out over Knossa Spaceport and the Jedi Temple.

“It’s beautiful,” she remarked quietly.

Ben nodded. “Yes, it is. The first night after I was released, I came up here and spent the night. I set up a tent and everything. I just…I stayed awake for hours, just looking at the stars and looking down at the Temple. I didn’t feel like I belonged either place though, you know. I didn’t feel like a Jedi anymore, and I certainly didn’t feel like I belonged out there walking the sky. But despite that, I felt calm up here, like not knowing where I belonged didn’t matter all that much.”

Jysella looked up at him and smiled softly. “And now?”

Their eyes met when he tipped his head to look at her. “Now I know where I belong.”

“Where?”

He leaned down and kissed her tenderly on the lips before smiling brightly. “With you. I belong with you, Sella, always.”

“And I belong with you,” she whispered back just before their lips met.

Hours later, the two lovers were curled together in a sleeping bag beneath the stars; the dark of night providing them the peace and quiet Ben craved.

Two Years Later
    The Rebuilt Jedi Temple
    Coruscant

The crying of a baby awakened Ben. Carefully he slipped from the bed he shared with his wife and made his way out of the room and down the hall.

“What’s wrong, little guy?” Ben asked softly as he reached down and lifted his newborn son into his strong arms.

The baby ceased crying the moment he came into contact with his father’s bare chest.

Ben chuckled as he wrapped a blanket tightly around the small child and stepped out onto the balcony overlooking the city-planet. “I guess you just wanted to cuddle with Daddy.”

Ben inhaled deeply as his eyes took in the activity that never seemed to stop on Coruscant. The space lanes were already heavy with traffic. Beings of all sorts walked on the duracrete walkways far beneath the Skywalker quarters in the Temple.

Ben turned the infant around so the boy could peer out at the city as well. “This is your home, my son. It’s loud, and busy, and full of greedy politicians, but it’s home. You’ll learn to be a Jedi here, if that’s what you want. You’ll be powerful some day, I can feel it.”

The baby gurgled and leaned his tiny head back to rest against Ben’s shoulder, seeming to listen to his father’s every word.

Ben kissed his son on the cheek and then gazed up at the stars that were barely visible. “Learn to enjoy this time, little one. The dark of night is when magic happens. Everything is possible right now.”

He looked back down and noticed the baby boy had once again been claimed by sleep. Ben began to sway slightly, making sure the boy was sound asleep before he turned and walked back inside.

“Sleep tight, my boy, my little Anakin,” he whispered. “I love you.”

11. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Beautiful ending Jen. I like Ben holding his kid at the end. Very beautiful moment there.

Great job Jens.

Armada

12. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was a beautiful ending! thanks for the pm!

13. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I really enjoyed this.

And the ending was absolutely wonderful...

Great job...=D=

FL @};-

14. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
  15. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Awwww! Hurray for happy endings! [face_dancing]

16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm new to Ben/Jys fics, but this is the first I've read that potrays them as older and more mature. this fic is also more profic oriented. I like the speculation, but also the sad reality of their situation. there is a sadness here, but also the hope of a new beginning.

?You didn?t mention even one person that isn?t family or very close to it,? he pointed out sadly.

Jysella pulled back then but didn?t leave the circle of his arms. ?Family make the best kinds of friends, Ben. They?ll always be there, no matter what.?

He nodded. ?I suppose that?s true enough. My family has been there for me the past eight years, especially my parents.?

Ben is not alone. This fic is well written and engaging. I like these two. =D=

Edit: this only for chapter one. I didn't realize here was more. I'll be catching up soon.

Part 2 is well done as well. At first, I aws concerned about the sex, but you handled it really well. There is a genuine nature to this fic and to both Ben and Jysella. I love it and want more. ;)

?Where do we go from here??

Ben sat in a chair across from her as he contemplated the question. ?I don?t know. I?this was unexpected. I only meant to kiss you last night, not?not this. I?m not very?experienced at this.?

?You mean?intimacy?? she asked teasingly.

Ben blushed, embarrassed. ?No, I?ve got that part covered. I meant relationships in general. I?m twenty-four and I?ve spent the majority of the past eight years confined to a prison cell and with mind-healers and the like. I?m not exactly sure what?s supposed to happen beyond what we?ve already shared.?

The dialogue, with all of the Ben's breaks and insecurity, I felt I really knew the guy. I love that the sex had meaning, but was not the most important aspect of the night for Ben.

Part three

Aww. they're married...and a baby. Another Anakin?:eek:. It was nice to see Ben with his son, back on coruscant. I also enjoyed Ben talking to his son and telling all of his hoped and dreams for the child.

Excellent short story, Jedimasterjen. Thank you for sharing it with me.

17. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I didn?t feel like a Jedi anymore, and I certainly didn?t feel like I belonged out there walking the sky.
    ?Walking the sky?. And his last name is Skywalker. [face_laugh] I love it!

?Sleep tight, my boy, my little Anakin,? he whispered. ?I love you.?
    So cute...the perfect ending to a lovely story.

Bravo!=D=

18. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    JediMasterArmada Beautiful ending Jen. I like Ben holding his kid at the end. Very beautiful moment there.

Thanks. :D

Alishu06 that was a beautiful ending!

I appreciate the compliment. Thank you. :)

FlowerLady I really enjoyed this.

Thanks very much.

g_-Anakin cool

:D

Blue_Milkshake Awwww! Hurray for happy endings!

My thoughts exactly. Ben needed a happy ending.

brodiew I'm new to Ben/Jys fics, but this is the first I've read that potrays them as older and more mature.

I'm not very good at writing children, so I went with odler and more mature. [face_blush]

The dialogue, with all of the Ben's breaks and insecurity, I felt I really knew the guy. I love that the sex had meaning, but was not the most important aspect of the night for Ben.

That's what I was hoping to convey. For Ben, it more about connecting with someone that he cares about and that cares about him.

Aww. they're married...and a baby. Another Anakin?

Yesp, Another Anakin. Another Anakin Skywalker.

ZekksGoddess ?Walking the sky?. And his last name is Skywalker. I love it!

Thanks. I thought it was a funny reference myself to the famous, perhaps infamous, Skywalker wanderlust. They all want to travel the stars, so it fits.

19. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Awesome, awesome story. Character were short, sweet, and very well thought out. And I like to see them continuing the family tradition of naming babies after each other.

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Jek_Windu Awesome, awesome story. Character were short, sweet, and very well thought out. And I like to see them continuing the family tradition of naming babies after each other.

Thank you. Glad you liked it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.