main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*> *The Dark Side Enclave* <*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Darth_Khan, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    uh...

Can you explain this particular game to me? :confused:

2. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Here's a little something I started writing and actually posted under a sock (don't ask why, because I really don't know). I don't know if I'll work on more for this, but I felt the need to share what I have here. So here it is

The Dark Side Beckons

Death was near, I could feel it breathing on me, wanting me, and soon it would consume me. Even in my pain-ridden mind I knew this, but even despite the harsh turns of my life, the many betrayals and now the weeks of endless torture, I was afraid to die. Nearly all my life I had been told that death was only a part of life, that in death I would become one with the Force. I believed that still, but doubts, which had been sewn into my head by my demonic tormentor, assaulted me.

In the cold, empty darkness I could still hear his words.

The Force is a tool, a great tool, my child, but no more than that. It cannot redeem you and give you eternal oneness and peace as the Jedi say. The Jedi are hypocrites and liars, you know that, and even if the Force was as they say, do you think you have a chance at that ?greatness?? No? your hatred is too powerful. It has already overtaken you.

I couldn?t stop my body from trembling at the remembrance. The echo of his quiet voice battered me as I dwelt on his word. Could there be any truth to what he had said, especially the last sentences? I didn?t want to believe it, I couldn?t dare if I wanted to hold on.

And all the while death crept closer, rasping its labored breaths upon me. The sound seemed to grow louder and more unsettling as I heard my tormentor?s nearby footsteps. I shook with fear, knowing that he was coming to slay me, and I hated him. Had I not been through enough, even before he had come to me? I wanted to kill him, but I hadn?t the strength. I just lay on the frigid stone, helplessly listening.

Then he arrived. I couldn?t see him, but I could feel his bleak presence. It was only a moment before he began to increase my pain.

It felt as though a legion of icy, steel talons had ripped into my gut. I closed my eyes as tightly as I could, and though I thought it was a battle I could not win, I fought down the screams that were building inside of me. The new pain only started to spread and my body was suddenly racked with convulsions.

The scraping tension in my abdomen flared even more, contracting every muscle. I knew I must have gasping raggedly, but I wasn?t even aware that I was breathing at all. I could feel agony, but nothing and more, and though I did hear breathing, it was not my own. Death was kneeling at my side, and with fear I realized the pain was losing some of its intensity. I was becoming cold and clammy, I knew my life was fading.

"You don?t want to die, do you, my child?" my tormentor whispered, and I think I half shook my head. "Then you only have one option."

I heard the clanking of metal on stone, then I felt a cylindrical object lightly come into contact with my side. Without having to think I knew it was a lightsaber, but I did nothing, except dwell on how cold it was. Death held its shrouded face above mine, preparing to kiss me, as it continued to rasp.

"Take up that weapon and kill me. It is the only way you can live."

My tormentor seemed so distant, as if even he could not touch me now, but he quickly proved that thought wrong. I felt my body levitate into the dark air and slam into the stone wall chest first. I grunted, the wind knocked out of me as I tumbled back to the floor, then I lay there, suddenly feeling a burst of anger ransack me. It was the first real emotion I had felt, aside from fear, in a long time, and it seemed like this new anger was feeding off my pain. Perhaps I could kill him and end this all. Death could have his feast and I would be unscathed.

"Give in to your anger, my child. Come at me. Kill me."

I slowly reached out my hand. I was no trained Jedi, but I knew well enough how to use the Force, and I called the nearby lightsaber to me. Its cold fire burned inside my grasp, my pain subsiding once more as I got

3. Darth_Khan

Darth_Khan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    Wow, that was good TW! I like it!

Ok, well this new tourney is to test how good you guys are at writting a space fighter scene. (ie tie fighter vs x-wing). You know, the fighters in space ... it does not matter where and when, but long as we can see it!

4. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    That was a nice story TW. You painted a very descriptive picture of the dream, and all the emotions that went with it.

*looks around*

Where's all the space battles? If I had the first clue how to write one I would, but that is completely foreign land to me. So come on! Let's see what you've got! :D

--later--

5. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Hmmm...

If nobody post soon, I might have a go.

6. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Glad you guys liked. :)

7. Darth_Hobbit_Padawan

Darth_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Master

Oct 22, 2003
    Hello, everyone. *waves*

That was a cool story, TW.

*runs off to practice with red-bladed lightsaber*

8. Darth_Khan

Feb 23, 2003
    Welcome Hobbit!

Well all, I am gonna be a bit absent for a while. I will drop by as much as possible, but the mid-terms have arrived, so I will try and ace them and be back as soon as possible!

9. Darth_Hobbit_Padawan

Oct 22, 2003
    Good luck with your midterms, Darth_Khan. It seems a lot of people have them now. Ugh. I am glad I'm not in school anymore. Taking tests turned me into a major stressmuffin. But it's funny now that I've been on these boards long enough to see the cycles of school and whatnot. There's the daily ebb and flow, and there's a weekly one too, and now everyone disappears for Darth School. Well, there's my intelligent observation for the day. 8-}

10. Darth_Khan

Feb 23, 2003
    Yeah, school is tough, but it pays off in the end :) ... gotta get back to my studying everyone!

11. HalloweenieCoruscant

HalloweenieCoruscant Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Well Halloween's coming guys! Time for all the Darksiders and Devils to come out! :D

12. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Definitely love Halloween :cool:

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why aren't there any Maul stories on the Boards? I'm considering doing one--and AU--about Maul maturing more, and how he would've filled Vader's shoes had things gone differently. Does this sound interesting to anyone, or is it just me?

14. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    There's one Darth Maul story that I betaed. The kid was really happy I did, but he's never been back after nobody read the fixed up version.

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I take it they're unpopular, then? But just for the sake of discussion, would you be willing to beta another?

16. Darth_Hobbit_Padawan

Oct 22, 2003
    This is the Dark Side enclave, right? For those aspiring to write dark side fics.

I would like to write one.

It involves the horrible murder of the hunter who got lost in San Diego County and set off a flare ... and started a fire that, along with several others, within 24 hours, has burned hundreds of thousands of acres, burned hundreds of homes (possibly my own), and killed twelve people.

Writing is nothing but therapeutic, eh?

:mad: [face_plain] :( :_|

And on a side note, is there an index for dark side/sith stories? :confused: And I don't recall seeing Maul in a story here, at least not featured in one.

17. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Jabba-wocky : Sure. That'd be cool. I like Darth Maul stories.

HHP : *Hugs* That's horrible, but I always thought you were British...

18. Darth_Khan

Feb 23, 2003
    Good day all, I have returned from the abiss of the Enclave! Halloween is coming soon and I believe that we should have a party in the Enclave ... because we all know that Halloween is the night of the dark side [face_devil] .

*Uses the force and has dark-side decorations fly in and begins to decorate the inside of the Enclave*

This will be alot of fun! Countdown is down to 3!

19. Darth_Hobbit_Padawan

Oct 22, 2003
    tw - you aways thought I was British? I'll take that as a compliment. 8-} Is it because of my profile? Or perhaps I'm a bad speller ... too many colours and realises and favourites ... 8-}

And I'm all for a Halloween party. :cool:

20. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    A Halloween party! Yippee!

*realizes something, and smacks herself on the head*

I lose the net the day before! :_| When I disappear for awhile, it's because I'm in a huge battle with DRL, and things have gotten rough. I will check in when I can, and will be back in a month or so.

Have fun and stay evil!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

21. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Hope things go well for you, DL.

And just wondering, Kahn, is it a costume party?

22. Darth_Khan

Feb 23, 2003
    Yeah guys, costume party and all! Invite all your friends!!

23. InquisitorsHand

InquisitorsHand Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    So when does the party start?

24. Haqqy_Hoddit_Pabawan

Haqqy_Hoddit_Pabawan Jedi Master

Oct 22, 2003
    Now! :)

*HHP wanders in dressed up as ... well, a hobbit*
    <-----

Sure is quiet around here. Is everyone out throwing eggs and smashing pumkins? [face_mischief]

*pops in some music and a good halloween movie, munching on candy left over from keeping the little munchkins in costumes at bay*

25. InquisitorsHand

InquisitorsHand Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    Well that was some lively party last night ;)

And guess who's one of the winners of the Sith Council trivia contest? :) :cool: [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.