main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED The Dark Sun - A Star Wars Adventure

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SirakRomar, Jul 7, 2019.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Kasper
    Inside the Unidentified Ship

The escape pod successfully entered the unidentified ship’s hangar bay and seemed to float for a moment, still and tranquil as if frozen in time, when it suddenly crashed down on the darkened hangar floor, jolting and surprising everyone on board.

Granted, that was far better than 'crash-landing'.

Kasper yelped aloud, as he bounced off the inner pod walls and braced himself in the nick-of-time before hitting the deck. From the sound of things, the others fared just as well as he did.

Indeed, they were alive.

After a long moment, a genuine sigh of relief escaped Kasper’s lips, and for the first time, he felt fatigue hit him fully as he let his body relax and allowed the built-up tension to flow out of him.

“Is everyone Ok?” He inquired of the others as he rubbed his left arm. He must have hit it a lot harder than he’d anticipated. Without much of a conscious thought, Kasper decided it was his turn to look-out of the porthole as he waited on the others to respond. Everything looked dark outside, but he could see the silhouette of other ships.

Now that was most curious, and possibly troubling. How old were those vessels?

“Uhm, I think I see shapes outside, like…other ships…?” He said with some uncertainty as he continued to peer through the window.

“K-1. Is the air breathable outside? Can you identify any of those ships? He asked the droid without turning his head. “You did say you picked-up other life signs, right? Were they humanoid?”

The long pauses in conversation cause him to turn back, just to check and see if the others were indeed alright.

It was then that he noticed the older guy sprawled on the floor and not moving. Kasper’s eyes grew wide in sudden shock, as his mind immediately assumed the worst.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @Ktala, @DarkLordoftheFins ( LordT is taking a nap ) ;)

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Resus Kron
    In the Hangar

This Kasper had done a surprising good job at getting them in. He could not help but smile in relief ... when suddenly the pod crashed to the ground. He was lucky to catch a pipe. He could not hold on to it, but it slowed his fall enough for him to not crash to hard. When he looked up he saw Teros had not been that lucky. Quickly he crawled over to his brother and examined him. No blood. Breathing normal. "I think he is okay." He whispered, more to himself than anybody else. "His breathing is normal."

Resus grabbed over to these emergency packs and ripped it from the wall and opened it. Inside was the blaster pistol. Heavy, looking dangerous ... his courage immediately vanished again.

"Any of you good with those?" He asked and looked at Kasper and Cat.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Catherine Belworth (Cat)
    In a pod, in a ship.

Cat was very glad that she was sitting when the pod, after floating gently into the huge ship, suddenly crashed and hit the desk of the strange ship.

“Is everyone Ok?” She heard Kasper call out. He inquired of the others as he rubbed his left arm. Everyone else was jumbled about inside the pod. She barely managed to hang on. She heard Kasper continue to talk.

He then hit the droid with a ton of questions. Ships outside? Other ships? asking if the air was breathing and other things. Cat vaguely remembered some of the things the droid had stated. Especially about a weapon.

Resus was suddenly moving quickly. It was then that Cat noticed that one person was not moving. It was Resus's brother, Teros. No blood though. Maybe knocked out? "I think he is okay." DShe heard Resus whisper. "His breathing is normal." Cat sighed in relief, as Resus grabbed the emergency packs. With a swift motion, he opened them.
    "Any of you good with those?" He asked and looked at Kasper and Cat.

Cat gently reached over, and took the blaster from Resus. "Yeah. I know how to use it." she stated, and quickly looked the gun over. She didnt explain how she knew how to use it. Wasnt important at the moment. She looked down at the weapon in her hands. Did it work, and have a power pack charged and ready to go? Or was it as damaged as the rest of the pod. She looked over towards K1. "This thing has a full charge?" she asked, as she examined it. As she waited for his response, she remembered what the droid had said earlier. There were life forms inside the huge ship. In the center. And they did not come to great them. Was that a good thing, or something else? Cat looked back over to Teros, Resus and Kasper.

"I would normally say we need to search the place. But since we got one hurt, we cant move too far. So I say we check out those other ships near us, and see if they are anything that K1 might recognize. We can also look for an exit while we search, but Im more interested in finding out if any of those ships can fly, or at least can send out a signal so we can call for help..."

Cat bit her lip as she gripped the pistol tightly. So, they would have to explore. Carefully. And she hoped that no other surprises came to meet them.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar

greyjedi125 likes this.
  4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Inside the derelict

Kasper let out another long sigh after the younger boy revealed that the older one was ok. He was ever so glad to have been wrong about his assumption, though he should have figured that one out himself.

In self-defense class, the older, more advance students who practiced full contact sparring, tended to knock one another out-cold more often than not. That seemed borderline barbaric to Kasper, who was there for the ‘art’ of it.

Still, for a second, the worst possible outcome crossed his mind; given their situation, it wasn’t difficult to see why.

“Hmm?”

Kasper tilted his head as he now noticed the similarities between the younger and the older boy.

“Brothers….” He stated simply. There was something thoughtful in the way he said it. A wan smile graced his face for a moment, before his eyes found Cat holding the offered blaster he had silently rejected by simply shaking his head 'no' as an answer. Those things were always trouble. Kasper raised his eyebrows in surprise, but said nothing. Cat held the weapon with confidence, like she knew how to use it. That could be good, given their situation. He also mused as to how having one could be misconstrued as a sign of aggression.

He listened silently and waited until Cat said her piece before speaking again.

“Ok. I can go exploring while you two watch the big guy…”

Kasper looked to both Cat and the younger of the two brothers and nodded confidently to reassure them he could do it.

“Just…just make sure you don’t point that blaster at someone by accident.” He cautioned Cat in a gentle voice.

He waited to hear from K-1, who no doubt had quite a bit of information to share with them.

“Oh yeah, gonna need a comm-link to let you know what I find out there.” He added after several a beats.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @Ktala, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Escape Pod, Somewhere in the middle of nowhere

K-1 gave Teros a long look. "My medical sub-routines are rudimentary, but I can not detect signs of lasting damage." He concluded and then turned to the questions.

"Atmosphere is breathable. But I am afraid the sensors are very rudimentary. All I got are heat signatures which clearly belong to lifeforms. Now the sensors seem to be broken. We probably landed on them." K-1 raised slowly, obviously he wasn't made for this.

He slowly went over to the small window and looked out. "Hard to make out details, but this over there could be an Ubese VZ transport series. I saw a ship of the classification on Aldera IV before we jumped to hyperspace."

He pointed to a dimly lit transport.

[​IMG]

He finally turned to Cat and Kasper. "The blaster is charged. Twenty shots. We have a commlink in the emergency package I believe. I hope it is still charged."

Then the lights in the hangar went out and were replaced a moment later by red lights. The shadows grew even deeper. A second later a bristling sound was heard from the electronics in the pod and the lights went out.

Among the things that went dark was K-1. Lifeless he stood in the midst of the pod.

They were probably just kids, but from holovids they probably knew their pod had just been hit by an ion impulse.

They were sitting in the dark now. Only a single green light of the door showed the manual opening mechanism.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

Ktala and greyjedi125 like this.
  6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Inside the derelict

It was one thing to volunteer while the lights were on, while the pod still ran on battery power, while K-1 was still functional.

Now that it was almost pitch dark outside, with only the red emergency lights, no power to the sensors or the pod, or K-1 for that matter- it was an entirely different set of circumstances all together.

Not to mention the eldest of the four had been knocked unconscious.

Kasper felt cold and hungry all of a sudden and began to shake a bit. He tried whispering something positive to fight off the creeping fear which was slowly moving-in to take hold of his conscious mind.

“We’re still alive, we’re still alive….”

His gazed turned from the only source of illumination inside the now darkened pod, the single green light at the door, which signified it was operational and it could be opened, to the unmoving form of K-1.

The droid was so still and quiet now, it was unnerving. He’d been a good source of information, and now that had been taken from them by something unknown. Where had that pulse come from? and why?

K-1 declared that the air outside the pod was breathable, but neglected to mention the temperature. Kasper reasoned that the light on the pod would not be green if the outside environment was harmful. That’s why escape pods were initially called ‘life pods’, or at least that’s what he assumed.

He really tried to keep his thoughts positive, but it was not very easy. Images of the four survivors being ‘taken-out’ one by one by something unseen creature started to dart in-and-out of his mind.

“Stop it.” He whispered to himself and shook his head. To help distract his mind, he peered as hard through the dark just to see the faces of Cat and the younger boy.

“Guess there’s only one way to find out if the comlink still works…” He said, trying to sound brave, but it wasn’t really working. Kasper went over to the emergency package and rummaged through it, and found what should be the comlink. He could just make out its workings in the dark. He clicked it a few times to see if it actually worked.

“Ubese….huh?…. just great.” He exclaimed aloud while shaking his head.

The Ubese were not generally known for their charm and friendliness.

Kasper let out another sigh, once again letting out any mounting tension he was feeling, as he attempted to steel himself for what was next.

“Any helpful tips before I go take a look?” He managed to inquire of his two fellow survivors.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @Ktala, @DarkLordoftheFins

Ktala likes this.
  7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Catherine Belworth (Cat)
    In the dark...

While Kasper muttered on about things, Cat took the blaster and tucked it inside of her clothing for now. 20 shots. K1 had stated that one of the ships near them, some sort of transport, he had seen one similar to it on their homeworld before that jump to hyperspace. So what was this mysterious ship doing, scooping up the survivors?

And where was anyone? Before she could express any opinions, there was a strange sound that came from the electronics, and then ship suddenly went dark. Deep red lights barely lit the area. K1 stood motionless in the middle of the ship. The only other source of light was a single green light that showed them the release for the door.

“Guess there’s only one way to find out if the comlink still works…”, Kasper
    announced.

Cat shook her head, not that anyone could really see it in the darkness. "I doubt it," she replied softly.

“Any helpful tips before I go take a look?” Kasper asked the group. Cat took a few steps carefully in the dark closer to Kasper now. "Wait. Obviously, that pulse was meant to knock out any useful electronics. Almost like they had an idea about how we would react. That, or they could hear us." Cat stood close to Kasper now. "What if K1 was right. And that ship was at home when this happened? what is it doing here now? Did they get drawn in, like we did, or was it something else?"

Cat wished she had something she could swing, like a pole or something. She wasn't about to let anyone know she had a weapon for as long as possible. WE - should go take a look. Only as far as the closest ship so far. Hopefully, we can find another door leading out of here. If the air is bad, we will find out real quick. But I doubt it, cause they could have simply waited for us to choke in space if that was their intention." Cat gave a dark grin. "But, since our rescuers have decided not to communicate with us, then we should take a small look around. At least until Teros wakes up. Wadda you say?"

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Resus Kron
    In the Hangar

He wasn't sure if they were stupid or he was just scared ... probably the last ... but he felt like going it there was a terrible idea. He felt more safe in here, also he was aware a deactivated escape pod was basically a coffin and offered little protection while being an excellent trap.

He fought down his feelings and his growing panic and began using his brain again.

"I think they follow a standard procedure. They initiate a grav-field to force you out of hyperspace. They get a ship inside and then fire and ion pulse to keep it from escaping." Resus looked out again. "Not necessary with us, but they just follow standard procedure." He looked at his two companions. "Logical next step would be taking us out." He looked at his brother.

"So please be careful. I will stay with my brother, okay? If he wakes up and nobody is around he would panic otherwise."

Resus also appreciated having two volunteers to identify the method by which they were taken out. If he wanted to outsmart their captor, he needed a little bit more information.

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Inside the derelict

Click, click, click

Cat had been right. The comlink was dead. Or at least for the moment. Kasper pouted as he shoved it in one of his pockets and listened to what was being said.

It turns out that two boys were indeed brothers, and both Cat and the young boy were very smart, despite K-1 not being operational. That lent Kasper a measure of hope and reassurance. He also hoped that power would comeback to the pod and K-1 eventually, unless the young boy was right, and someone was coming to ‘take them out’.

Would they end up in the middle of the ship with all the other life signs?

That was not very comforting thought.

Turning to Cat, he tried to smile as he spoke. “Alright, we should go together. Strength in numbers…right?”

Kasper’s eyes were adjusting to the darkness, so he could see just a little better now.

Still putting up a brave front, he turned to the young one.

“I’m glad you know a lot about these things. We couldn’t do all this without you.” He stated simply.

“Protect your brother.” Those words were spoken with a hint of melancholy. “We’re just going to the nearest ship, then back. If you see or hear anything that is not us, bang or call out. We’ll rush back.”

Kasper placed a reassuring hand on the young one’s shoulder for a moment, then removed it.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be careful.”

Taking in a centering breath, Kasper nodded to Cat, indicating that he was ready. He made a mental note to ask about some of the things she mentioned a moment ago. He didn’t wish to discuss it in front of the young one for fear of making him even more afraid, now that his brother was unconscious.

“Ok. I’m ready.”

It was time to brave the belly of the beast.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @Ktala, @DarkLordoftheFins

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Escape Pod and Hangar, Aboard the Ship

Kasper and Cat opened the hatch and with a hiss the hydraulic system released it and the metal fell to the sound with a loud noise.

Whoever was listening knew at least they were here now. Cat and Kasper entered the dark of the hangar, barely lit by the red lights sparely spread to the walls.

They made it half way to the Ubese ship when they heard a noise to their right. Metal on metal. If they had been vigilant they probably even had seen a movement in the shadows. Now there was only darkness.

From inside the hatch Resus could see nothing at all. There was darkness and some red lights. The only significant feature he saw was one white light above the Ubese ship.

Then the white light began to move. It formed a line above the Ubese ship as if someone with a light was on it's roof.

11. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Resus Kron
    In the Hangar

The light ... it moved, like a lamp ... but lamps did not move. People using lamps moved. Resus dropped back from the opening into the pod again as he understood the meaning of his observation. Someone was not only here, but clearly stalking them. He looked over to his brother and also he would never admit it ... he wished so badly Teros was awake.

But he wasn't. The droid was deactivated. Kasper and Cat were out there in the dark. He had no gun, no way of communicating with them. Even if he had a line what could he do. Make them aware? Yes, sure. Tell them to run? Might be exactly the wrong thing. Tell them to shoot? Could be worse.

What could Kasper and Cat do? Resus withdrew into the dark and decided that he could actually do very little about the light. Very little.

He waited for what was about to happen and prepared mentally for the worse.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    In the Hangar

The hatch door had opened with a loud ‘clang’ once it hit the floor, and Kasper winced at the noise. So much for being quiet, he thought. He shook his head and sighed, then looked over at Cat, pausing long enough for the two to nod at each other in agreement before proceeding.

He totally did not like the idea of leaving the young one by himself with his unconscious brother, but they really had little choice in the matter. If they all stayed in the pod, they would eventually starve to death as they would have originally.

At that thought, Kasper’s belly growled and he immediately banished any thought of sustenance. Not that it would make him less hungry, but it would help not to get distracted. He did learn something about self-discipline form his Mum and self-defense class.

A pang of melancholy stabbed him suddenly, an threatened to overtake his thinking.

Mum.

No! Don’t think about that either. Think about surviving!

Kasper shook his head, then squinted and fixed his gaze on the Ubese transport-needing badly to stay focused on the present. The dim red lights bathed the entire hangar in an eerie darkness that was very hard to ignore. An ominous feeling hung all about, almost making him want to turn around and go back to the escape pod. But that was not an option. He had to help protect the others.

An unexpected sound caught his attention then. Metal on metal. Was some kind of bi-pedal droid walking about out there?

“Did you hear that!?” He whispered excitedly towards Cat. For a brief moment, he wondered if the blaster she carried was enough to stop any mechanical monstrosities they might encounter.

“It came from that direction..” He said, pointing to the right. “But I don’t see or hear anything now.”

Kasper held up a pale hand, indicating that they should pause, then cupped his hand to his ear, trying to listen for any more sounds. At least they had a sense of direction from where the sound had originated- and where it was possibly going.

While in the middle of his musings, the lights atop the Ubese ship began to move, to and fro, which made Kasper jump!

“Ahh!!” He exclaimed in surprise.

He certainly was not expecting that.

“I’m…I’m sorry.” He whispered in apology to Cat, feeling foolish and embarrassed. Kasper quickly breathed out his anxiety, not wanting to dwell on that moment. He was thought that mindsets were shared in group situations, both negative and positive ones. As it was, He did not care for negative ones, having seen the result of those.

Re-engaging his inner resolve, he kept low as before, while remaining still for moment longer.

“Do you supposed they heard the metal sound too?” He asked her as he kept his eye on the ship’s lights. “Strange. I thought K-1 said all signs of life were in the center of the ship. So, either he was wrong, or that’s an automated security feature? If so, how is it working?”

Another pause- as he continued to muse aloud in whispered tones.

“Because only our pod got hit with a pulse….?” He concluded uncertainly.

Sighing, he turned to face Cat.

“What do you think?

Tag: @Ktala, @SirakRomar @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Catherine Belworth (Cat)

In the hanger, In the dark...

Cat winced as the hatch hit the floor with a loud clang. Well, if nobody knew they were alive, they sure did now. It was dark. Ridiculously dark. The red lighting seemed so far away. Staying close to Kasper, together they both headed for the Ubese ship. Then, Cat heard a noise that made the hair on the back of her neck stand.

Metal on metal. Footsteps? Maybe another droid? Or someone wearing some kind of special suit? Either way, it did not make her feel any better. She froze, hoping her eyes would quickly adjust to the darkness.

“Did you hear that!?” Kasper whispered excitedly. She nodded, as she froze, looking for a source of the sounds. The ships were so huge, it could be coming from anyplace. “It came from that direction..” Kasper stated, pointing to the right. “But I don’t see or hear anything now.”

Cat gently placed her hand on his shoulder, while Kasper held up his hand. Suddenly, a light began to move.

“Ahh!!” Kasper suddenly exclaimed out loud. Cat simply grimaced again. “I’m…I’m sorry,” Kasper whispered. Then he started talking a stream of ideas. Maybe it was his nervousness but Cat was kind of wishing he would shut up. But he kept going. “Do you supposed they heard the metal sound too?” He asked her as he kept his eye on the ship’s lights. “Strange. I thought K-1 said all signs of life were in the center of the ship. So, either he was wrong, or that’s an automated security feature? If so, how is it working?” A brief pause, before he continued on with his whispering. “Because only our pod got hit with a pulse….?” He concluded uncertainly. He looked at her. “What do you think?"

Cat spoke her words carefully and slowly as she began to move to find some cover in case someone or something attacked from above.

"I..think...you.should.be.quiet," she stated softly through gritted teeth. Right now, she was not sure if the weapon she had would work at the moment. And she didn't want to start blindly blasting at anything. Besides, if the thing that made the noise was a droid, she doubted the blaster would do much anyway. Security system? That was possible. She pointed towards the walls. She stood very close to Kasper, so her words would not have far to travel. "Check the walls, and see if you can find a doorway," she whispered very softly. And let's see if the sound follows. Something might be protecting that ship, and I'm not ready to meet it just yet." Cat scanned the area, to see if there was anything she could pick up, while they walked.

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007

Even in the cold and dark of the hangar the two explorers could still hear and when they tried to find and exit a door suddenly slided up and gave them a chance to enter the inner ship. A long corridor, as dimly lighted in red as the hangar, revealed itself.

The light on top of the Ubese ship vanished for a second as Resus still watched it and the appeared again ... this time near the ground. As if the carrier had realized what had given him away it then vanished. And appeared again. This time much closer to the pod. Whatever it was, it was getting closer to Resus. The roughly humanoid shape, almost 6 feet tall was visible for a second. Then it vanished again in a nearby shadow.

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Cat & Kasper (Combine)
    In the hanger, In the dark...

As Cat was wishing that Kasper would be quiet so she could hear, she had whispered to him about finding a doorway. Suddenly, a door suddenly slid up and gave them a chance to enter the inner ship. A long corridor, as dimly lighted in red as the hangar, revealed itself. Now it was Cat's turn to barely suppress a squeal. Was the ship voice-activated somehow?

"Something is not right.." she murmured softly.

That's an understatement. Kasper thought but did not say it aloud. He felt his heart-beat increase as he waved to Cat. After a moment, he realized she probably couldn't see him because of the dark, so he slid even closer to her and whispered excitedly, but in the sense that he was trying not to lose his cool.

"The light. It's moving!"

He'd noted the door the moment it revealed itself, but the light had recaptured his attention fully. "There it is again." He exclaimed intently. "It's getting closer to the pod!"

Dang it! It was really getting hard to keep his voice down and stay calm all at once.

FRA'CHA!! Cat thought to herself. That dang light. Which was most likely the source of the footsteps as well. Humanoid or droid? It didn't really matter. What it seemed now was that it might be a threat. They needed to worry about Resus and Teros now.

"There it is again," Kasper exclaimed intently. "It's getting closer to the pod!"

Cat growled darkly. Dangerous or not, they needed to retreat back to the pod. Cat gapsed Kasper's should for a quick second. "We need to get back to the pod. I'll follow whatever that is heading for the pod. I want you to follow on a parallel course. I'm beginning to think this ship is a bit more intelligent than most ships." Suddenly she made a dark grin.

"Make all the noise you want this time." No reason to be quiet. Its obviously it knows we're here. So its time to find out what it is here for." Are you ready?

"Wait....what?" Kasper blurted, as he was suddenly taken off-guard by Cat's instructions. He immediately replayed them in his mind, then nodded slowly.
    She was right. The brothers were in danger and they had to do something. It didn't matter if he didn't quite know what she meant by,'this ship is a bit more intelligent than most...'

"I think it's humanoid." he said after a beat and just loud enough so she alone could hear his voice. "Be careful." He added and squeezed her shoulder in return. Then let go quickly, feeling a tinge embarrassed by his sudden familiarity. Good thing it was too dark for her to see him blush.

Kasper did not mention it, but he did wonder how he was going to keep track of Cat while they were separated.

What if there was something running parallel to whatever held the light? What then?

UGH.

Kasper sighed heavily, then shook his head slightly. "I'm ready. I'll get its attention."

In his mind, he envisioned what he would do if he was somehow forced into a physical confrontation. Most humanoids had the same vulnerable areas, generally speaking. Still, he really hoped it didn't come to that.

Maybe someone was lost just like they were. Things were all kinds of crazy and it made his head hurt. In the end, they had to stick together and defend themselves against the unknown, and that's what they intended to do.

Cat heard the worry in Kasper's voice when he told her to be careful. Yeah, she was trying not to admit it, but she was scared just as badly as he was. But they had to try something. They couldn't let whatever it was, go after the brothers. Especially with one unconscious. But dang her fear. They had just lost an entire planet full of those who loved them. She wasn't ready to lose any more. Kasper volunteered to get its attention. She would hold back the blaster until absolutely necessary. Right now, it was time to find out how much poodoo were they in.

With that Cat began to move, flanking the light as she headed back towards the pod. She zigzagged her path, as she began to ready herself, in case a more physical response was required.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Resus Kron
    In the Hangar

The light, it came closer. Step by step, moving fast and then slow down and wait again.

Resus felt the fear tighten around his heart and the cold metallic taste of despair spread on his tongue. He forced his mind to slow, called it to order.

There was a door and a corridor. Cat and Kasper were obfuscated by the dark, but he saw the door as it opened.

His eyes went to the place were the light had been and then back to the door. He remembered something ... a random thought ... a Nexu hunted Tawas, large packs of mammals on it's home planet. When a young and weak Tawa was to slow the stronger ones made a run, hoping to get away from the Nexu. The Nexu attacked the wounded Younglings then, because they new the stronger Tawa would return to save it and the Nexu could kill the whole group.

It's a trap! Run! Resus thought. He could not help it. But he kept his mouth shot. The only thing he could do was try and distract the thing. From the other two kids, from his brother. There was no way to save himself. He had been foolish to stay trapped in a pod to protect his brother. He had endangered him, not protected him. He leaped out of the pod and breathed in.

"Hey you! We come in peace!" He raised his arms. "We are refugees."

17. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Hangar, Aboard the Ship

It's a trap! Run!

Resus words echoed through Cat's and Kasper's mind with a surprising intensity. Not spoken words, thoughts of Resus forcing themselves into their brains to form these words. Then they heard a loud click. That one was real this time. They had made half the way, when suddenly a second noise came from the dark. A hiss. As if air was released rapidly.

The words of Resus were answered by a dumb feeling of pain in the chest as something his him so hard he was thrown back against the pod. It was a small metal object, triangular in shape and somehow attached to his chest like a magnet to metal. Before he could have a closer look it discharged and send a wave of pain through him as it electrocuted him. His muscles collapsed and just as he felt he was moving towards the floor his conscious faded.

The discharge had send white waves of energy through the body of Resus and in the light of those waves ... they finally saw what was hunting them.

A droid. A droid unlike any they had ever seen.

[​IMG]

It slowly turned to the two approaching teenagers, reloading the large gun it held in his hands and a high beep indicated it was again ready to fire.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Enemy attack, Hangar

Before Kasper could even initiate his own actions, he heard a sound that made his head snap towards the pod.

It’s a trap! Run!

It was Resus. He was shouting a warning and sounded terrified.

Kasper didn’t consciously realize that he’d heard the young one’s words in his mind, nor that with the hearing came the identity of the speaker.

It all happened in the split second he froze as he desperately tried to peer through the darkness at the source of immediate danger.

He heard a solid clanging sound coming from the pod, as if something had struck it. His blue eyes immediately grew as wide as they could. Worry, fear and anxiety were already increasing exponentially within him, his heart beat raced like a prize winning pod racer.

There was a flashing of pulsing white light; he spied the form of the young boy, the grimacing mask of pain that was his face, even as he quivered an fell.

“RESUS!!!!”

Kasper shouted with fear and anger at the top of his lungs, his voice echoing and carrying through the hangar. The two emotions mixing and causing his blood to boil all at once with adrenalin. He now saw the enemy. The strange looking droid, holding a gun. Hunting them. He heard the weapon click, ready to fire.

The white haired boy was past thinking and now reacted. His mind and body working as one; instinct, survival, intuition, knowledge.

Kasper growled in his throat, anger seething at seeing this thing take out one he swore he would protect. Fear at what might happen if he failed. With all the force his feet and body could muster, Kasper rushed forward, but not without a plan.

“RAAAAHHHH!! you kriffin’ piece of JUNK!!! you shot my FRIEND!!!!” he yelled.

That weapon was long range and the closer he got the harder it would be for him to get hit. Kasper began to zig-zag, knowing that the droid would need to level the weapon at him to acquire a shot, before being able to target him and fire. That gave him a small window to try and take down the droid from the waist down. A proper tackle would do it.

All he had to do was avoid the shot by pivoting in a split second, then rush-in to take down the droid.

The droid was a machine and all machines could be turned-off. One way or another.

He would figure that part out shortly, if he didn’t get shot first.

Even so, if he engaged it first, that would give Cat a chance to get a free shot on the thrice-damned walking pile of JUNK.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Resus Kron
    In the Hangar

The last thing he realized was ... the attacker did not care about refugees ... the triangular little box stuck to his chest and then his world vanished in pain and he felt panic rise ... just as his mind faded out he saw the large droid, unlike any he had ever seen ... much more sophisticated than K-1.

And he slipped into darkness, wondering if he had just died ... or if he was a prisoner of this spooky droid.

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    CAT

'It's a trap! Run! ' The words, nearly screamed into her head made Cat pause for a moment, not understanding where it came from. But that didnt really matter. The words themselves had true enough meaning.

Cat dove to the side, reaching for the weapon she had hidden on her, even as she could now see what was tracking, and now seemed to be attacking them. A droid. But nothing se had ever seen before. But she saw it attack Resus. White lighting seemed to move between that THING, and Resus, and she saw Resus fall back. Cat hen saw Kasper moving full speed towards the thing.

Cat had a feeling that the weapon might not work. But, she had to at least try. But she had to make sure to shoot carefully, to ensure that she didnt hit Kasper. She also started moving again rapidly, Altering her path in a irregular pattern, as she looked for a clear shot. Once she had one, she would take her change. If that didnt work..

She would figure that out when she got closer.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar

greyjedi125 likes this.
  21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Hangar, Aboard the Ship

The Droid stepped one step back and calmly awaited Kasper. The moment the boy was just about to hit the massive armored metal body of the droid it's right arm was swinging up, leaving the rifle hanging in the left. The movement was fast a mind precise.

It hit Kasper hard in his chest and send him hurling into a nearby metal box. The strength of the machine was beyond what it's size indicated. This was not any droid, it was obviously highly trained for combat. Kasper felt the pain of the impact as he crushed into the wall, but nothing seemed to be broken. He had been lucky. Yet had the droid aimed the same blow at his head he might have cracked the skull.

Yet the attack of Kasper took the Droids chance to take out Cat and it turned to her too late. Cat pulled the trigger and a shot hit the droid right in it's chest. The armor seemed to take the shot, but the droid was hurled back. It leaped aside with an agility unknown to the droids the kids knew from Aldera IV. Quickly it dived behind a ship to take cover. But it was not quick enough before a second shot from Cat hit it's shoulder. This one send sparks flying. Damage had been done.

"Resistance is futile." A voice came from the speakers of the ship. A modulated artificial voice of another droid. "Surrender or we will use deadly force." The voice paused for a moment and then added. "Against your unconscious friend."

The same moment the door that had opened began closing and the red lights inside the hangar turned to blinking, putting the whole scene into a red stroboscobe.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hangar, Aboard the Ship

As he dove, all Kasper was focused on his tackling the droid at the hip and taking it down with all the force he could muster. He had to protect his new friends, his new family, the only people he now knew -with all his might.

His conscious mind barely registered the swift motion of the droid, given its sheer speed and the condition of darkness, but he felt it. Pain like he never experienced before exploded in the middle of his chest while he was still in mid air. The droid had taken a step back and struck him with a mighty blow.

Kasper felt himself careening in the opposite direction, then slamming hard against a metallic structure with a loud clang!! He left pain all over, his chest throbbed with indescribable pain and his vision became blurred. Kasper crumpled to the floor, unable to stand, even as he tried with all he had to remain conscious as he gasped for air.

He was barely aware of the shots being fired in his defense, or how Cat braved the deadly droid and by some miracle, drove it away for the moment. Kasper blinked hard, fighting unconsciousness, gulping-in air in rasps, his hand finally coming up to his chest as he knelt on the floor, while propping himself up with his other hand.

The droid was a killing machine unlike anything he could image. They were certainly doomed. It had long range and melee range advantage. How were they supposed to defeat it?

It was the sound which came from all around that finally got him to focus on the present moment.

//“Resistance is futile.”// A voice came from the speakers of the ship. A modulated artificial voice of another droid. // "Surrender or we will use deadly force." //The voice paused for a moment and then added. //“Against your unconscious friend." //

Kasper welcomed the anger that began to surge inside him. It pumped a much needed rush of adrenalin that cleared his mind and finally allowed him to move, as it made the pain bearable for just that moment.

At the same moment the door that had opened began closing and the red lights inside the hangar turned to blinking, putting the whole scene into a red stroboscobe.

Kasper could do nothing about the closing door, nor was he inclined to. He had no intention of abandoning Cat, Resus or his brother, who were likely both unconscious now.

“Don’t….you…DARE…harm, my FRIENDS!!” Kasper shouted, his voice sounded hoarse , and cracking from the effort. Straining, he slowly attempted to get up, using the side of the metal encasement to help him to his feet, his legs shaking as he did so.

“Why….are, you doing..THIS…you, piece…of…JUNK!!??”

The silver haired boy was clearly livid, but also in no position to bring harm to anyone, at least for the moment. His defiant spirit however, spoke volumes as to the lengths he would go to protect his friends.

“Leave…them..ALONE……coward! YOU BROUGHT US HERE!!”

That last bellow took the sails out of him and Kasper fell to his knees again. He needed a moment to catch his breath, to get a little of his strength back.

Tag: @Ktala, @SirakRomar, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Hangar, Aboard the Ship

The Droid had moved quickly, incredible nimble for a machine actually.

Cat felt the hit in her back and before she could react another discharge of blue lightning illuminated the hangar and filled her with pain until her consciousness fled into the darkness of sleep.

Kasper was alone and on his knees. Well, not alone. Calmly the droid appeared from his cover and made his way to him.

"Would you show a droid mercy? Organic?" It asked and reloaded his gun. "Your kind has treated my kind like slaves for centuries. Your civilization was build on our metal shoulders, your worlds rely on our forced services. But this is not one of your worlds. Here I am the Master."

It was the same voice that had come from the speakers. Throwing over the boy the one glowing visor looked down and it was surprising how the white light expressed an absolute lack of mercy.

Somewhere else ... in Resus dreams

Resus did not perceive anything that happened in the hangar, yet there was something ... a planet. In his slumber images of a planet flashed alive ... green, dark, cold in a way that was hard to describe ...

[​IMG]

Cooooome to meeee boy ...

The voice sounded not human and yet it echoed in his head.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hangar, Aboard the Ship

Kasper’s hand clutched at his aching chest, as he slowly tried to get up. His head was still spinning and his breath was still ragged. Nothing seemed to be broken, but it certainly felt like the droid caved in his chest with that punch. He listened to the killer-droid as he shakily gained purchase against a metallic surface.

“Organic? Mercy? What in blazes are you going on about!?”

Kasper started to cough and realized he shouldn’t get himself too excited, he was far from feeling well.

“What did we ever do to you? We’ve never met you until just now. You’re blaming us for what someone else did to you? You must be glitching or something….”

The silver haired boy looked up at the baleful light emitting from the menacing droid. He replayed the words in his mind again.

K-1 may have been a bit crude, but I liked him well enough. You are nothing like him. At least he was trying to help us….or…….”

Kasper’s blue eyes opened wide as notions he had not even considered before started to blossom in his young mind. He didn’t know where these ideas were coming from, but….

“Did you force K-1 to bring us here!?” he said with disbelief in his voice. Then another more terrible thought enter his mind, unbidden. He could not stop it.

“Did you…did you……” He could hardly believe what he was about to say, or bring himself to actually say it.

“Did you blow up our planet!??”

Did you kill my MOM!!??

“Congratulations you monster!! You’re just like the organics you hate!!”

*COUGH *COUGH*COUGH*

Anger, fear and helplessness began to swell inside him like a tide all over again. Without even realizing it, he was looking for Cat. Wasn’t she supposed to shoot this thing? Did something happen to her? The brothers were unconscious now and he was probably alone. No, he couldn’t give up. He needed to think of something. Anything.

“What do you want from us?” he finally asked, his voice tense as he tried to control his emotions. Clearly, he wasn’t going to fight his way out of this one, so he had to try something different- unless death at the hands of this droid was simply -inevitable.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Resus Kron
    In a Dream ...

The planet flooded his vision as the voice flooded his mind.

It felt ... cold ... in a way that was not linked to temperature. The inhuman voice lured him to it. What was this place? Was he supposed to go there? If so who forced this purpose on him? And why?

"I ... I cannot! We are on a ship with a droid who ... he won't let us go I think!" He was not sure if this ... entity ... even heard him.

"Can you help us?"