main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED The Dark Sun - A Star Wars Adventure

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SirakRomar, Jul 7, 2019.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Resus Kron
    The Nightwing

Resus smiled at the others.

"I am not surprised. It appeared strangely deranged. The thing had prisoners. I hope they are okay. But it seems to have slaughtered them to retribute how we treated droids. Pretty crazy. Never heard of a droid doing that. Never saw a droid like that." He took the plasma cutter and looked at it, then he put it to his belt and followed his brother until they were in a small cabin. Before entering he made sure nobody had followed them. Especially not the reptile.

"Listen. I think Permond blew up our planet. He seems to have overheated the reactor. There is a hologram diagram on his projector which I accidentally activated when we were hit. Teros, I think that man was responsible for the death of our parents." He looked at Teros and for once he was looking for guidance. He had not idea what to do. Confront him? Kill him? Did they not need him? None of them was a trained pilot. "There was a schematic of something he did to the energy core."

Resus breathed in sharply.

"What do we do now?" He raised his brows.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @RachelTyrell, @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar

greyjedi125 likes this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Kasper
    The Nightwing

Kasper listened to the brothers before they headed out to a cabin, and noticed that at least one of them was armed with a plasma cutter. Permond had a blaster in his belt. Hmmm. Last he knew, Cat no longer had a weapon. That had to change.

Lost in thought, Kasper followed after Cat, seeing how everyone was in pairs, and helped himself to some edible rations he found. Silently, he too made it to the Gunner’s post and sat next to Cat before opening his rations, then began to eat.

He winced a bit at the taste, but continued eating. The rations weren't bad, per se, they just tasted ‘different’.

After several beats, Kasper decided to share his thoughts.

“Everyone on board has some kind of weapon. We too should be armed.” He said neutrally, then looked-up at Cat, offering an innocent shrug.

“For when we get to the planet, I mean….” He clarified.

He was being completely honest with her, and held her gaze with his blue eyes as he waited on her response.

Tag: @Ktala, @SirakRomar, @RachelTyrell, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

Ktala likes this.
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Catherine Belworth (Cat)
    The Nightwing

As Cat sat down, and slowly began to eat her meal, she saw that Kasper had indeed decided to join her. She gave him a slight smile as he sat down, and opened up his own rations. After a few moments of chewing, Kasper spoke first.

“Everyone onboard has some kind of weapon. We too should be armed.” He said neutrally, then looked-up at Cat, giving her a shrug. “For when we get to the planet, I mean….” He added.

As she chewed her food, she slowly nodded her head. In a way, Kasper was right. But she doubted Permond would hand her anything. So, it was time to be creative. She leaned in slow and spoke very softly so that only he could hear.

"That's not a bad idea. You need something too." She thought for a moment, then continued. "We could ask K-1 for any types of tools that we could use. Or maybe convert something." She took another piece, and slowly chewed on it. "We'll go find K-1 and see what he can dig up," she added as chewed on her meal. "Soon as we finished eating. That good for you?" Cat flashed him a smile.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar, @RachelTyrell

greyjedi125 likes this.
  4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    The Nightwing

Slowly, he nodded an affirmative to Cat, an easy smile blossoming as he relaxed. Kasper sat back and began to eat once again, this time humming a familiar tune which Cat would recognize.

Once their meal was finished, the two of them would find K-1 and secure some kind of weapon for themselves. Only then the silver haired boy could allow himself to truly rest, before they reached the planet.

Tag: @Ktala, @SirakRomar, @RachelTyrell, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

Ktala likes this.
  5. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Teros Kron
    Lounge, Nightwing

Teros stared at his brother and nodded. He did not know what to say. He wanted to ask if he was sure, but of course he would not be sure. He saw something indicating the terrible truth.

"I tell the others and you try to get some sleep." He said this and it sounded more patronizing than he wanted it to be.

"We need him to land and we need to get that gun, before we confront him."

He padded the shoulder of his little brother and left the cabin again.

He found Cat and Kasper sitting on the floor with some rations. He took a can himself and began to eat.

"We seem to have another problem. Resus believes our new friend might have had something to do with what happened to Aldera IV." He whispered to them as he looked from Cat to Kasper and back. "Once we have landed we should ask him about it." He nodded. "On our terms. He got a gun, we got the numbers. How good a fighter do you think he is?"

They had seen him in action, but this whole ship felt like a mercenary home to Teros.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @RachelTyrell, @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @SirakRomar

Ktala and greyjedi125 like this.
  6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Nightwing

Looking up at the sudden appearance of Teros, surprise registered on Kasper’s face for a fleeting second before it vanished, replaced by a welcoming smile.

“Heya, Teros.” He said, unsure of the reason for the older boy’s unexpected visit. Kasper simply regarded Teros and watched him as he helped himself to some rations and began to eat as well. At that, Kasper looked behind the older boy and wondered if his brother would be joining them as well. That would be great, he thought, as the group had not actually shared any downtime together.

But alas, that was not the case.

Teros calmly informed him and Cat of a suspicion Resus had regarding the untimely destruction of their home. Kasper made a face which did not mask his displeasure at the news.

The one who had helped them escape, who’s ship literally just saved their lives, was under suspicion.

Kasper released a sigh, then bit his lower lip as he thought about their new problem.

Permond.

“He’s military, I think. Probably a decent fighter and a decent shot. Pilots are well trained. Usually. “ He observed. “But at least he bleeds like the rest of us.” He added, as a small comfort. Still he wasn’t liking where this was going.

“What proof do you have?” He asked sharply, his tone betraying his growing tension.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @Ktala, @DarkLordoftheFins, @RachelTyrell, @SirakRomar

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Ktala likes this.
  7. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Permond Rasz
    Cockpit of the Nightwing

Permond smiled as his maneuver to get them talking worked. He had put his headset on and filtered Resus voice out.

The hologram! Dammit, he had not thought of it. The kid knew what he had done and they would probably never believe him the true story.

"I can overwrite the security protocols to get some extra energy." Kanek had yelled. Permond looked around and shrugged. It was incredible warm down there on the platform. "If you think it is safe ... you are the tech guy!" He yelled back at his Gotal partner. Kanek threw him a wild smile.

Why had he trusted that fool? At least the droid had given him what he deserved. But now it seemed his dark secret was catching up to him. The kids were just kids, but they were tough and they were four of them who would probably really angry. He had heard the other two were looking for weapons, too.

He leaned forward and without anyone knowing he sealed the two blast doors isolating the cockpit area and escape pod.

He weighed his options. Once they got out of hyperspace he could float the ship with the vacuum of space and watch them freeze and suffocate the same time. He did not feel like watching them die though. Yes, they had to die. But watching them after what they had been through? No. He had seen enough cruelty on this crazy droid ship for a lifetime.

He had to get away from them. That much was obvious. Soon they would be at the planet and then ... everything he needed was in the escape pod. Well, almost everything. He stood up and picked the nav computer from the wall, grabbing a backpack and putting it in.

With a sigh he watched the countdown to their arrival and put the headset back on. Teros was telling the others. As expected. Leaning back he listened to the kids, knowing these were there last moments.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins, @SirakRomar

8. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Teros Kron
    Lounge, Nightwing

A trained military pilot? Probably right. Smuggler? Probably not. The flying, the way he got them all coordinated so quickly? Mercenary perhaps.

Then they asked for proof.

Proof?

Teros was surprised to be asked for proof. Also he should not have been surprised. Wasn't it what people did when you accused someone of a crime.

He considered his options, then Teros walked over to the table and pressed the button to activate the hologram. It was Aldera IV! He recognized the planet because the name was written in the upper left corner. Otherwise this thing looked complicated. Very complicated.

"Resus said this here implies he might have messed with the planetary core reactor ... probably the big red point here. Anyway I trust my brother on this. So this implies he has been running an operation there messing with the planetary core and now the planet is gone."

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @RachelTyrell, @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @SirakRomar (input)

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Catherine Belworth (Cat)
    The Nightwing

As Cat and Kasper sat, eating their meals, she was surprised to see Teros joined them. Kasper seemed happy to see him as well. And then Teros told them how his brother believed that Permond had something to do with their home planet blowing up. Cat shook her head as she listened. Kasper had asked for proof. And Teros showed them some sort of hologram. It showed their planet, and a big red dot in the middle. That didn't really mean that he had something to do with it.

Cat had no illusions. The man was most probably a merc. Cat frowned darkly, as she stood up. She then made a sharp gesture with her thumb towards the console, and then to her ear. She made talking sounds with her hand. After slapping her head, she turned towards Teros.

"I am not saying that Permond is an angel. Hardly. But compared to a psychopathic droid who wants to string my innards up as part of the tubbing of his ship, I rather stick with Permond for now. We got nothing. We need to at least reach the planet and find a way to either signal somebody or find a ship, else it wont matter one bit. And if that psycho droid made it, he is going to be looking for THIS SHIP with a vengeance. So, while any type of revenge might sound good, now sure aint the time. We dont do anybody good, if we die now."

Cat shrugged her shoulders. "Besides, we dont know what we are going to find on this planet. Im just praying for an atmosphere we can deal with, for one. And hopefully, no large creatures trying to eat me. So I rather focus on the now."

With that, Cat turned, and headed off, looking for K-1, who was probably down near the engines. "K-1" she called out, looking for the droid. She hoped he could help her out.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar, @RachelTyrell, @greyjedi125

greyjedi125 likes this.
  10. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Teros Kron
    Lounge, Nightwing

Teros looked after her and the planet was a reason for concern obviously. He had probably chosen to ignore it.

Atmosphere was the major point. If they had none they were relying on this ship and probably a miracle. Because a message would not do the trick if he understood Resus right. There was no route back. So there was no route here. Also that meant no communication beacons. That again meant, there was no way to communicate or travel back with this ship. The Droid had travelled to the Republic though. There was a path back, also that path probably meant they needed to rip the secret from the damned droid. They had barely escaped him, when they had surprised him. Next time he would not underestimate them. Truth was an experienced merc with tactical training might be very useful in this seemingly impossible task.

He pushed the thought away and turned to Kasper.

"Don't know how you feel about it, but I won't close an eye. You were pretty good at martial arts I remember. Did you not win some sort of tournament? I got the muscles, but I would love to learn a bit more technique. Got the feeling we might need to defend ourselves again sooner or later." He smiled. "Can you show me a few tricks?"

greyjedi125 likes this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Aboard the Nightwing

He didn’t voice it, but the look on Kasper’s face spoke for the silver haired youth. He was in agreement with Cat. Deep down, he also believed Resus, yet, if they were going to survive the planet, they were going to need Permond. The time for convenient and easy choices were long gone. Revenge; if that was what they truly needed, would have to wait.

His blue eyes followed Cat as she left in search of K-1. He too had gotten up to follow, but Teros mention of Martial Arts and training stopped him in his track. Kasper turned and regarded the older boy. He was taller and stronger, he was definitely willing and had already proved himself as far as having ‘the eye’.

Kasper offered a slow nod and tried to keep himself from smiling too much. This almost felt like being back home, but it wasn’t. He had to keep that in the front of his mind.

“Train you…” He exclaimed aloud. “You have a deal.” Though his voice was calm and his breathing even, he felt a surge of excitement. Training Teros was a great idea. Why hadn’t he thought of it before?

“Alright. I’ll need to test you first, just to see what you can do, then take it from there; so get ready.”

Kasper took a step back, brought up his arms in a forward open-handed guard, bent his knees and took a shoulder width stance.

After signaling with another nod, he came in with a front jab, just to test the older boy’s reaction.

Truth be told, it was high time shift the balance of power in their favor.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, @Ktala, @RachelTyrell, @SirakRomar

12. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Teros Kron
    Lounge, Nightwing

Teros nodded and got ready into a rough fighting stance that took a lot from the team sports he usually did. A sure footed stand and his arms up to defend himself.

Kasper attacked and Teros was fast and strong, that was not his problem. Lacking technique though he simply lifted his head aside to avoid the hit and stepped sideways quickly. Then he charge software trying to use his body weight to unbalance his opponent. He basically tried to tackle him. Something he hoped he was good at.

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nightwing

Keeping his breathing even, Kasper remained focused, noticing Teros’ movements. Indeed, Teros was fast as he evaded his jab, stepped back and immediately countered with an attempted tackle. Kasper already knew the older boy was stronger, so he stepped into Teros' charge and took hold of an arm as he slipped his torso underneath him to perform a hip-throw.

“Tuck your chin into your chest.” Kasper instructed quickly, as he let momentum and technique have their way. Still, he remained alert, expecting Teros to surprise him in some way. From what he could tell, the older boy probably favored grappling over striking, which was something that would play to his natural advantage.

14. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Teros Kron
    Lounge, Nightwing

Teros had half expected to be thrown to the ground and had half hoped for it ... yet he landed on his back and it was quite painful.

"Aaaah, man." He lay there for a second and then grinned, jumping on the feet. "That! That is exactly what I wanna learn. Show me how to do that!"

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Catherine Belworth (Cat)
    The Nightwing

Cat searched around the ship until she found K-1 working busily on some piece of quipment. "K-1" she called out to him, waiting for him to acknowledge her. "K-1.. I need your help, and need some responses from you." Cat said and then she gestured for him to follow her, as she moved closer to some machinery that made noise to cover her conversation. He hesitated a moment and finally did as he was asked to. "You were sent with us, to watch over us, right?" she asked the droid, keeping an eye out for anyone who might walk by. She waited for his response before she continued. "Correct." Was his answer.

"We have a problem. I think Permond might not be a safe person. I am looking for a weapon, anything I can use, once we get to the planet supposedly that we have found. Any type of tool I can use for a weapon would help. K-1 nodded. "I could probably create a rudimentary fire weapon, but we won't have the time. May I suggest a power stick?" He looked at her and then to the repair box.

"Charged and quite painful to creatures and droids alike. When we get to the planet I would suggest I have prepared a firearm."

She waited for his response and gave him a moment before she continued. "Also, want to you not make too many repairs on this ship. Make sure the engines dont blow up or anything else vital, but dont fix everything. At least, not yet." She looked around and leaned closer. "Because, if Permond does not need us, he will most likely kill us. Or strand us. And destroy you too, especially if the ship is fully repaired. And we dont want to run into that crazy ship again."

K-1 nodded in confirmation. "The main hyperdrive is beyond repair. That is not our main problem though. The Zero Unit seems to have drained the coaxium reserves. We are out of fuel, I am afraid."

Cat made a face and sighed deeply, as she listed to see what suggestions or comments the droid would have to say."May I add that for some reason our nav system went offline." K-1 added. "So I had my own suspicions about our host. I think he deactivated it intentionally.

Cat mulled over that bit of information. "So you be careful too," she added. She figured that by the time she found one of

those power chargers, they would be close to reaching the planet And that if Permond had any surprises, they might show up soon. She just hoped he waited until they had reached the planet before doing anything.

Cat began to search the repair box, to look for a power stick. Once she found one, she hid it within her clothing, securing it well. She would wait a bit, before heading back to the gunner's area.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar, @RachelTyrell, @greyjedi125

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    The Nightwing, Leaving Hyperspace

[​IMG]

They all felt the shaking of the ship as they left Hyperspace. Permond had given them no warning. Alone in the sealed front section of the ship he alone saw the planet and saw all lights of the ship go to red, as the engines reported they were on emergency energy now. They had minutes now before the reactor over-heated and they would be floating in space.

Far away Permond saw a space station in stable orbit circling the planet silently. A ship was docked there and it seemed the ancient station had powered down.

Gravity announced itself immediately and the ship was pushed into the atmosphere.

[​IMG]

The others would would not see any of this, as they probably made their way to the cockpit, which was the only place from which to see the planet. They found the corridor leading from the lounge to the cockpit was sealed with a magnetized blast door. They were cut off from the cockpit and the escape pod.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @RachelTyrell, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

17. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Permond Rasz
    Cockpit of the Nightwing

Permond breathed in with hissing sound and put the nav-key into his jacket. The lights and signals confirmed his fear. He had not expected anything else. The Nightwing was dying like a starved animal.

The kids could no longer be trusted, but he was aware he had caused Resus to find out with his sloppiness to forget about the hologram. He climbed out of his seat and cursed silently. Yes, they were probably going to die. Probably that was the best for them. The Gods of Falleen only knew what horrors awaited them on that planet.

He made his way to the escape pod and in his brain registered that there had been a space station in orbit. Old and battered, but a sign of an advanced civilization. There was hope maybe.

Taking the hatch he was swinging into the pod in one fluent move with closing the hatch as he had trained so often in the military. It was the first time he really would make a landfall with one of these pods. Pulling down the deployment lever he finally breathed out and took the seat, closing the belt over his shoulders and belly and tightening it.

"Good luck kids." He sighed as the countdown for deployment began.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nightwing, Arrival

It felt good to be doing something normal, even if it was for darker reasons. Kasper found that teaching Teros a few grappling techniques, such as arm-locks and basic takedowns was cathartic. Better still, Teros was definitely a natural, and learned the techniques quickly. If they both tag-teamed Permond, they could actually stand a chance.

“Let’s go over the Gracie Arm-bar. You get anyone in that, they’re not getting out.”

Kasper chuckled in anticipation, but before he could move, the lounge suddenly shook violently, and he was thrown to the floor. The silver haired boy was just able to brace himself and roll upon falling.

“What the heck!!” He exclaimed aloud, looking for something to steady himself as he got up. “Did something hit us?”

No, that wasn’t right. It felt like the entire ship was still vibrating, rumbling. Not only that, it was getting warmer.

Without waiting another second, Kasper forced himself to reach the gunner’s chair, then looked out the window. He could see the long curved horizon line of a planet underneath them. For a split second, he felt happy that there was an atmosphere, but his premature elation was immediately crushed by the realization that they could all perish if the ship came apart in the atmosphere, or if they crash landed in the worse way possible.

“We’re going to CRASH!!” He yelled out, eyes wide in disbelief as tongues of flame lapped at the window outside.

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Catherine Belworth (Cat)

As Cat found the power stick that K-1 had talked about, the ship suddenly shuddered, it felt strange. Like when they were escaping their home planet. NOT a good sign. And since no announcements had been made, Cat assumed the worse.

"Come on, K-1. I have a feeling the fireworks are starting," she stated as she took off running, heading for the lounge area, and then making her way towards the gunner's chair so she could look outside. But Kasper was already there, and she heard him call out...

“We’re going to CRASH!!” He yelled out, eyes wide. Was it getting hot in here? Cat climbed up to peek over his shoulder, to see the planet quickly beginning to fill up the window port.

Cat looked up and noticed that the door to the cockpit was closed. "We need to get in there," she growled darkly.

20. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Resus Kron
    The Nightwing

Resus jumped up and made his way into the central lounge the moment the ship dropped out of Hyperspace. The canon was probably a little crowded so he decided for the cockpit and when he hit the control panel all he got was a low beep.

"Locked! He locked us out!" He yelled and took the small plasma cutter from his belt. "K1! We need you here!" They we're going down, they needed to get in there ...

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @RachelTyrell, @LordTroepfchen, @SirakRomar

Ktala likes this.
  21. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Teros Kron
    Lounge, Nightwing

Teros cursed and took his plasma cutter from his shoulder. The blast-door was magnetized, which meant blasters, cutters and explosions would probably not work. This thing was build to keep exactly those out. He closed his eyes.

K-1 entered the lounge as fast as possible.

"Kay, any way to crack the opening mechanism?" Teros asked.

"Sir, the panel was deactivated from this side." K-1 answered.

"And maintenance tunnels that might get us to the other side?" Teros screamed now.

"Negative, Sir." The droid calmly replied.

"Can we cut through the door?" Teros demanded.

"It would take approximately two hours, if the wall is not reinforced by a class ..."

"Understood." Teros looked at the door. Truth was this was a lockdown protocol developed by some Ubese military technicians ... there was nothing he could think of they had not thought of. He was just a kid. Not a very bright one. Finally he turned to Resus.

"How do we open the door? How? Forget your initial thoughts. Whoever build this had them. We need something they have not thought of and you are the smartest person on board. So open that door. I mean it. We are all gonna die of you don't. Open the damned door." He grabbed his brother at both shoulders. "C'mon I trust in you. Get us out of this."

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins, @RachelTyrell, @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @SirakRomar (combined with)

22. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    The Nightwing, Falling

Cat and Kasper saw the escape pod ejected and tumbling down towards the surface. Then they lost sight of it. The ship began to spin. Rumbling went through it.

K-1 turned to Teros and Resus. "I suggest you sit and use the belts, I could be wrong but these are the gravity dampeners failing. If we enter the atmosphere we will be thrown around like dices in a can as my former master used to say. The chance of dying before the impact will be 97%. The chances of survival of a full impact at this moment are 0.07%." He send his message of doom as always like he reported on the weather. "At the estimated speed I expect impact in about one minute."

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Ktala, @RachelTyrell, @DarkLordoftheFins, @LordTroepfchen

23. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Permond Rasz
    Escape Pod

Permond felt the pod loose it's clamps and then it's engines fired up and he burst into space. Leaving the kids to die was bad, leaving his dying ship was terrible.

He had survived Aldera IV, he had survived the droid. He would survive this! He was a survivor!

Hurling towards the surface of the unknown planet he closed his eyes and awaited the pod to set down. He had the feeling it would be a rough landing.

Not as rough as the Nightwings, probably.

ooc: And my guest role ends for now! Was an amazing pleasure playing with all of you!

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Catherine Belworth (Cat)

As Kasper and Cat looked out the gate, they saw an escape pad launch and disappear, tumbling away from them. If Cat had been on the controls, she would have blasted the pod. Then again, he could have ejected them into space. But crashing on the surface was probably going to produce the same effect. Cat cursed.

As Cat jumped down, the ship began to spin, as a low rumbling went through it. She heard K-1 speak.

"I suggest you sit and use the belts, I could be wrong but these are the gravity dampeners failing. If we enter the atmosphere we will be thrown around like dices in a can as my former master used to say. The chance of dying before the impact will be 97%. The chances of survival of a full impact at this moment are 0.07%. At the estimated speed, I expect impact in about one minute."

As the brothers talked, Cat looked towards K-1. "K-1, can we somehow use the ship's weaponry, the cannon, to somehow slow us down? Aiming for the planet, perhaps?" she asked him. She then looked over at Kasper. "You better strap in. Looks like we're in for another bumpy ride."

Cat meanwhile, went back to the gunners' chair and strapped in. If worse came to worse, she would bail, and jump to the lobby area. But if K-1 gave her any chance that it might help in their descent, then it was worth a chance. Especially, if some rogue mountain got in their way.

Cat murmured a prayer to whatever gods might be amused enough to listen.

Tag: @greyjedi125, @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins, @SirakRomar

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Kasper
    Nightwing, Planetfall

They all had one minute to live. One. Single. Minute.

Kasper did his best to fight off the grip of fear and anxiety that threatened to overtake him at that very moment. Without hesitation, he did as Cat and K-1 instructed. At the very least, he could put on a brave front. His Mum taught him to never give up, and never give up Hope.

“K-1! Open the Cargo hold, maybe it will create some drag to slow us down!!”

Maybe it would work, he wasn't sure, but he was desperate to try anything. But...would there be enough time?

A curious thought crossed his mind in that instant. His Vision! If it was really true, then it meant they wouldn’t be killed by the crash. As a reminder of their impending doom, the ship shook violently once again.

“Everyone!! Get into crash positions!! He yelled out, even as he balled himself and prepared himself for impact.

Tag: @Ktala, @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins, @SirakRomar

LordTroepfchen and Ktala like this.