main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama CLOSED The Darkening

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by SirakRomar, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Julia
    Eastern Train Station

„I get the bottle.“ She said with a smile and jumped up on the platform and made it into the „living room“ they had improvised. She got the bottle and the slightly rusty opener and then saw Yohvan washing his hands. He felt still a bit excluded, because she and Justin had sort of developed a wavelength. She did not wanted that. Walking over she handed him the opener and the bottle. „Strong male needed. I always ruin it.“ She said and smiled. Then she leaned against the sink and began washing her own hands. „I got the feeling Justin and Aya are gonna get along. I bet he is the kind of guy who like Asians.“ She grinned a little to Yohvan. „The rat confuses me. I thought I have figured it all outm to be honest. Organic material did not jump forward in time, everything else accelerated or maybe only plants accelerated and nothing else. But that rat almost looked like a rat that had developed in an eco-system where it was left alone. A hunter, more dangerous and deadly and aggressive as the rats we know.“ She dried her hands. „What do you think? Have those guys been killed by mutated killer dogs? Cats? Cows?“ She laughed. „I got really scared out there. You did good.“

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Sir_Draco, @Kurisan, @SirakRomar

Darth_Elu and Kurisan like this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Yovahn Cotler IC:
    ~Eastern Train Station, Berlin~

Justin remarked favorably on the tools he acquired at Edeka, the axe especially Yovahn noted. Somehow he wasn’t surprised that another man found his taking of them a good thing. Was that a gender difference?

Probably not, just imagining it. Still, it was nice to know that he appreciated the additional haul. He smiled as did his personal inventory, noting Justin’s greeting of Aya. Took an interest did he? Some mental laughter abounded in his head for a moment and he let out a small smile. Have to enjoy yourself while you had the chance. Especially given the present.

He would have at least chipped in on the ‘senke’ translation given that he was the only native English speaker in the group…except, he didn’t know that word in turn! But given Justin’s explanation, he managed to get the gist.

As they discussed getting some wine, he nodded to himself. That was true, when he had come upon the group, they did open up some wine they had available as a way to celebrate. Might as well keep up the tradition. In the end, what could possibly happen?

A drink was very much earned by each one of them in his honest opinion.

He was a little surprised however when Julia came over to him, leaning against the sink that was close to where he made his little home in the station. She suddenly held out the opener and bottle.

“Strong male needed. I always ruin it.”

Yovahn quirked an eyebrow with a slight smile tugging at one end of his lips, though taking the offered items. “I find that hard to believe.”

As she washed her hands, he got to work opening it up. The opener was rusty but serviceable at the very least. Note to self, pick up a new one. Hey. It was for the tradition!

While he did this, she began to speak to him. Did she feel a little off herself or was she just washing her hands and talking him due to his proximity? Didn’t matter, but he was idly curious.

“I got the feeling Justin and Aya are gonna get along. I bet he is the kind of guy who likes Asians.”

This managed to prompt a laugh as he managed to finish opening the bottle, which he held onto for just a moment while she dried her hands. Scooting back a bit so he could lean his back against a nearby wall, he grinned back at her.

“Well, might have to keep an eye on him then, don’t we.”

It was all in fun, of course. This was the end of the world and thus far, they were all adults. He could care less what people decided to do, as long as no one was hurt. God help him if they came across a child, how could you protect and nurture a young one in this environment?

Thankfully, Julia distracted him from going further down that avenue of thought.

“The rat confuses me. I thought I have figured it all out to be honest. Organic material did not jump forward in time, everything else accelerated or maybe only plants accelerated and nothing else. But that rat almost looked like a rat that had developed in an eco-system where it was left alone. A hunter, more dangerous and deadly and aggressive as the rats we know.”

He could only shake his head softly, his brown hair tossing a little as he did so and now handing the bottle and opener back to the woman in front of him.

“I have no idea myself. Every time we look around, it seems like something new and different is found. Completely throws off any guesses I start coming to. I mean, the rat evolved. I think. But that takes millions of years or something, doesn’t it? Can’t make heads or tails of it.”

“What do you think? Have those guys been killed by mutated killer dogs? Cats? Cows?”

He chuckled despite himself. “Lets hope not cows! Not sure if I’d die from being mauled or just plain laughing at them first! Maybe it was squirrels?”

After another little laugh, they both came down in mood a little and she came out with a nice praise. Though it got him a little amused at the same time.

“I got really scared out there. You did good.”

Cocking his head to the side, he just gazed at her for a moment before replying. Shrugging his shoulders lightly.

“Heh. If you were scared, you’re amazing at keeping that hidden, Julia. Honestly, it looked like you had your head on your shoulders more firmly than Aya or myself. I nearly ran all the way here without thinking about possible hunters, remember?”

He smiled, “Berlin was lucky to have a cop like you around.”

Tag: Julia, Justin, Aya, & Karl @RachelTyrell @Sir_Draco @Kurisan @SirakRomar

Kurisan likes this.
  3. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Julia
    Living Room, Homebase

She had to laugh. "Seriously I drew my gun today like three times. I never drew it when I was a cop. Dealing with drunks, car accidents and domestic abuse. Most thrilling thing was shielding crime scenes so the real cops could do their work." She laughed. "But actually now I am the last cop in town, right? I am the law!" She winked at him.

"But you are right. Every day we find new stuff. Maybe this isn't over yet. Maybe something is still happening?" They had to discuss with Justin later. He was the smart one. "Let us give the new girl a welcome!" Picking up the glasses they kept for these occasions she walked back to the platform. "Here we got the good stuff. A nice 300 EURO a bottle Neo 2009." She filled the glasses and handed Karl, Yo, Justin and Aya one. "What brought you to Berlin Aya?"

Tag: @Kurisan, @Sir_Draco, @Darth_Elu, @SirakRomar

Darth_Elu likes this.
  4. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Aya
    Eastern Train Station

Julia filled the glasses and handed one each to Karl, Yo, Justin and Aya.

Aya bowed sincerely as she received the glass. It smelled wonderful. She took a drink with the others and the taste was even better. She had to fight from gulping it down, and lost. Very soon she felt a red glow spreading across her cheeks. Her world began swaying.

Julia said, "What brought you to Berlin, Aya?”

“Duncan-san,” Aya sighed. She looked at the others. “A boy. He was eco-warrior, you know? He brought me here to do protest, about enbiroment.”

She hiccupped. Her English pronunciation was slipping with the alcohol.

“Now he dead.”

She looked at Julia, her inhibitions falling away, desperate to talk, to share, all the emotions she had had to contain for so long, bursting to come out. Her eyes glistened.

“Am I terrible if I say I don’t miss him?”

TAG: @SirakRomar @RachelTyrell @Darth_Elu @Sir_Draco

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    The Headquarters, also called Home

Karl laughed. „Honestly, my wife being gone is the best thing about the apocalypse!“ He said and raised his glass to toast to Aya. „On those we miss and those we don‘t!“ He laughed out. Then he lead the way to their living room and took his usual spot on the couch. „Justin wants to get us guns. We figured the police station nearby might be a good place to go looking for them.“ He said and enjoyed his glass, quickly needing a refill.

Tag: @Sir_Draco, @Darth_Elu, @Kurisan, @RachelTyrell (maybe makes sense to do this as a combo post?)

6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yovahn Cotler IC:
    ~Home Sweet Home~

He laughed a little at the law comment, pointing a finger at her playfully in a wordless ‘you got a point there’ sort of way. Julia already moved on from the topic however before Yovahn could mention much else regarding it.

“Maybe something is still happening?”

“Hm,” he mused quietly, “A scary thought.”

“Let us give the new girl a welcome!”

Yovahn smiled and nodded, acquiescing to the idea. As she went around handing everyone their glasses, he hurriedly finished up in his personal inventory and rejoined the others. She definitely had a knack for easing situations, even if she was humble about it.

“Here we got the good stuff. A nice 300 EURO a bottle Neo 2009.”

“Thank you, sounds like a good one all right. Here’s to Aya!” he stated warmly, raising his glass.

“What brought you to Berlin Aya?”

A good question, one he was quite curious to learn. Thankfully the other woman decided to answer without too much hesitation.

“Duncan-san. A boy. He was eco-warrior, you know? He brought me here to do protest, about enbiroment.”

He blinked. Enbiroment? Perhaps just the accent.

A hiccup. Nope. Aya was clearly a very lightweight when it came to alcohol. Yovahn held in a laugh and just allowed himself an innocent grin.

“Now he dead.”

And now the grin was gone. And tears now started at the corners of the woman’s eyes as she pressed on with a deep question.

“Am I terrible if I say I don’t miss him?”

Admittedly, he was a little stunned by this. Not entirely by just what she had said, but in not knowing how to truthfully respond. To not miss someone who you were together with…Mentally, he shook his head. No, she hadn’t said that exactly. Maybe it was just a crush at the time?

Memories began to bubble up. To surface unwanted.

Mia.

His hand began to tighten just slightly, imperceptible to the others, as an instinctual reaction. Unintentionally done. It was at this moment however that Karl let out a laugh. To him it was a strange response, but it did knock him back to reality.

Why was it that he seemed to keep fading to some place, elsewhere, in his mind so often lately. Constantly being dragged back by someone or something? Yovahn determined to think more on that privately later.

“Honestly, my wife being gone is the best thing about the apocalypse! On those we miss and those we don’t!”

Such a statement! It was ludicrous and quite obviously a joke. Well, he decided to take it as such anyway. Despite it being so contrary to his own thinking, he couldn’t help but give a small laugh. Perhaps it was the surprise of it that got him?

“Yes,” he simply replied and raised his own again.

Karl then moved over to the couch they managed to have in the area, a spot he had already come to notice was a favorite of the man’s. Looks like he was switching gears now, which was fine by him.

Justin wants to get us guns. We figured the police station nearby might be a good place to go looking for them.”

Sipping his glass, finding it was indeed rather good, he considered the idea for a moment before turning to look at the younger man. His eyebrow was raised just a bit.

“I thought you were against guns? You seemed to be when I first got here anyway. Did something happen?”

Tag: Everyone (Up for Combo if everyone else is) @RachelTyrell @Kurisan @SirakRomar @Sir_Draco

Kurisan likes this.
  7. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Julia
    Home Sweet Home

She stayed silent, never having been a great socializer and not wanting to take the fun away from anyone. She sipped her drink and considered that her contribution to the party. Yovahn asked Justin about the guns. A good point, he had argued against them getting any of those before. Why had he given up his resistance? She doubted they would get a straight answer out of him. Justin was a bit of a mysterious guy, reading and thinking more than the rest of them. Yovahn was more of a practical person. A normal person, not embracing this terrible new world as easy as Karl or Justin. She wondered where Aya would fit in. Every new member unbalanced the dynamic of the group a little. Yet, she felt the slight sting of her presence. They knew little about her except she was wearing hotpants, came from Japan and was happy her boyfriend was dead. She understood the last part all too well, but did not wanted to think about her own male demons. The wine would probably help. She drank up her glass and got a refill before the bottle was empty.

Tag: @Sir_Draco, @SirakRomar, @Kurisan, @Darth_Elu

Ooc: Combined will need to wait as Sir_Draco is currently on holidays. Returns at the weekend he said.

Kurisan and Darth_Elu like this.
  8. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: Back! Sorry for the delay!

Justin Pfeiffer
    Home Base

"Changed my mind, really. Just talked to Karl and suddenly felt we might need some guns. What you told me did not convince me of the opposite."
    He smiled. He could not tell about the man he was seeing, because he might be considered insane. "Guess when the sun goes up Julia and me could check the police station and you probably take Aya and Karl and look for a new base? We still got some weeks, but eventually the water is gonna become a problem."

He smiled and drank only a small sip. "Where did you stay Aya? Near Pankow?" He wondered how the girl had made it all alone. He would have died had he not met Julia and Karl.

"Did you collect cans like us?"

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @RachelTyrell, @SirakRomar, @Kurisan

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yovahn Cotler IC:
    ~Home Sweet Home~

The Britishman sipped his wine quietly as he listened to the young man’s response, wondering as to his sudden change of opinion on firearms.

“Changed my mind, really. Just talked to Karl and suddenly felt we might need some guns. What you told me did not convince me of the opposite.”

Hm. Just a simple change of mind was normal, this was true. But guns was a big issue and the quickness of the change was still a little odd to him. Yovahn allowed himself a small nod, but said nothing at the moment.

“Guess when the sun goes up Julia and me could check the police station and you probably take Aya and Karl and look for a new base? We still got some weeks, but eventually the water is gonna become a problem.”

That sounded like busy work to him. At least the prospect of finding a new home. Important without question, but when they still had weeks? Yovahn mentally shook his head. This wasn’t life before. Finding a new base of operations was crucial at the earliest opportunity.

Still. Something didn’t quite sit right with him, but since he couldn’t tell exactly what it was, it was best not to say anything.

“Alright,” he replied slowly, “I’m sure the three of us can find somewhere suitable out there.”

Too bad, the underground home of the subway tunnels was starting to feel like a kind of true home too. At least it would get them away from the rat…things. He let his mind start thinking of potential areas to search while the questions turned to Aya specifically.

He looked over to Karl after finishing his glass.

“I’m figuring all apartment buildings are probably not worth it anymore. Have any ideas?”

Tag: Karl, Justin, Aya, & Julia @SirakRomar @Sir_Draco @Kurisan @RachelTyrell

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    The Main Base

Karl rubbed his chin. „Been thinking about this myself.“ He mused. „Guess you are right about apartment buildings. The substance is eroding too quickly. So, I thought we might check out the bunkers? The old bunkers made in the Cold War? American Embassy has one so does the Russian one, I am sure of that.“ He shrugged. „Might also be good for additional guns and especially . . . Radio. We need to get radios. It is unacceptable that we are completely cut off from each other every time we are not in the same room? Right?“ He smiled. „Anyway, we need to use daylight and that means getting up early. I am sure we will have a lot of time to get to know each other tomorrow. Anya, welcome. Everybody else? Please try to be not too loud.“ He forced himself up. He seemed to have aged over the last days. Then he walked out.

Tag: @Kurisan, @Sir_Draco, @Darth_Elu, @RachelTyrell

Darth_Elu likes this.
  11. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Aya
    Eastern Train Station

"Where did you stay Aya? Near Pankow?" said Justin. "Did you collect cans like us?"

Aya shook her head. "No, I stayed in big mansion - it is overgrown but I made space in top. I don't know Berlin but sign says Embassy. Then, it is near looking over big walled place, that is called Schrebergarten? On inside sign says Kleingarten. Inside is lots of vegetables growing. It is really overgrown, lots of rotten plants, but I tidy up. There are many vegetables; potatoes, squash, courgettes, lots of beans, many herbs. I get good ones, cut out bad ones, you know? There are old greenhouse panels, mostly broken, I put together good ones for new replants. They grow quickly in warm greenhouse. The soil is good. Food growing okay for later in season."

She noticed his astonished look. She hiccupped again, giggled, and raised a hand.

"Hai, Nihonjin desu. Isogashii desu ne? Yes, I'm Japanese. We busy busy..."

The others were talking about guns. At least, that's what she thought they were talking about. But she was getting sleepy with the drink.

TAG: @SirakRomar @Sir_Draco @Darth_Elu @RachelTyrell

Darth_Elu likes this.
  12. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Ooc: A little sightseeing correction from SirakRomar included on her request

Julia
    Homebase

„I think she might have been in the old Factory. The Start-Up center.“ Julia explained as the others were probably surprised how an embassy came to Pankow. „Called it a Start-Up embassy, I believe.“ She sighed. „Considering we just found two fresh bodies there I advise to completely leave Pankow alone. Whatever is hunting there, most predators are territorial, right? It is what they always say on Discovery.“ She smirked. „Said on discovery. Oh my what am I gonna do without discovery once we guys run out of conversation topics?“ She laughed and as Karl got up, so did she. She looked at Justin and realized he had manipulated them to go out there alone, shoving everyone else to a task he probably already had a solution for? Karl made a good suggestion with the US embassy. Massive. A bunker. Probably at least partially intact. „There is also Adlon and Bundestag nearby. Bundestag was build to withstand air-to-ground misses. Kanzleramt. We got a lot of Government buildings we can check out there. Also the river. We got Foreign Ministry, EU and Agriculture there. Maybe you should bring the tent and stay in that area over night. Justin and me could join you later on.“ She shrugged. „Just make a fire. Hardto miss one nowadays in the complete darkness of the night.“ She emptied her glass and smiled.

„Aya, I go to bed. You want to see the ladies sleeping room? Glad I am not occupying it alone anymore.“ She smiled at the Japanese. This girl was far from home, really.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Sir_Draco, @Kurisan, @SirakRomar

13. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Justin Pfeiffer
    The Living Room

"A
    Garden? Sounds great. Was reading about how to do one. But I agree. We gotta stay away from the territory. Maybe we get your stuff tomorrow afternoon and then consider that a red zone." He said to Aya.

He knew that Julia got what he was doing, but he needed some time with her to sort this all out. It was not that he did not trust the others, it was just he trusted her a little more.

With a deep sigh he emptied his glass. "Not a bad idea. Let us go to bed." He said and smiled at the others. He eyed Yohvan and wondered what he was thinking. They had today faced a danger and Justin felt that Irmgard changed the metric of all of their existence. Starvation was suddenly less of a problem. Being eaten was more of a problem.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Kurisan, @RachelTyrell, @SirakRomar

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yovahn Cotler IC:
    ~Home, Berlin~

Yovahn nodded at Karl’s suggestions. Yes, embassy bunkers were a good idea. Not surprisingly he had no idea there were even in evidence. A normal embassy perhaps, but full on bunkers from the Cold War era? No.

“I’ll trust your opinion on that, most of you know the area far better than I do. Like Aya, I’m not exactly from around here. Bunkers sound like a good idea if they are still intact. And yeah, we definitely need radios. ‘Specially with what we witnessed earlier today.”

As the older man got up and made his exit, he lifted a hand in temporary farewell. “Rest well, Karl.”

Now focusing on the others again, missing most of what they had said due to concentrating on his little conversation with Karl and noticed Julia adding on a bit. Clearly she was able to multi-task a little better than he…or maybe it was the wine? A mental chuckle. Who knows.

“There is also Adlon and Bundestag nearby. Bundestag was build to withstand air-to-ground missiles. Kanzleramt. We got a lot of Government buildings we can check out there. Also the river. We got Foreign Ministry, EU, and Agriculture there. Maybe you should bring the tent and stay in that area overnight. Justin and me could join you later on. Just make a fire. Hard to miss one nowadays in the complete darkness of the night.”

“Sounds like we have plenty of potential opportunities then, that’s good. We’ll just have to keep a good eye out, though with predators and who knows what else out there, we might need to be more wary of fires than we thought.” He frowned. “Well, we’ll know more by that point I’m sure.”

With that, everyone seemed to be prepping for bed, which was likely for the best. Letting out a yawn, he found a spot near the sink for his glass so it could be cleaned later and stretched. It was around that point he noted Justin eyeing him.

Yovahn just smiled and gave a little thumbs up, not really interpreting the look correctly. “Alright, bed for me too then. Goodnight everyone.”

Of course, after he got himself ready and everyone else was getting settled in, he ended up just sitting in the dark. Staring off into the nothingness that surrounded him, letting his mind just unwind and decompress. There had been a lot to absorb today, a new person to add to the group, and more on the morrow.

With a final thought of Mia despite himself, he finally tucked in and went to sleep.

Tag: Everyone @SirakRomar @Kurisan @RachelTyrell @Sir_Draco

Kurisan likes this.
  15. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Aya
    Eastern Train Station

Aya was swaying with fatigue, malnutrition, alcohol, and the draining of nervous tension. She had been alone for so long and then had her world turned upside down so quickly, the emotional ride had left her burned out. The other voice had gone quiet.

"Aya, I go to bed. You want to see the ladies sleeping room? Glad I am not occupying it alone anymore," said Julia.

Aya nodded gratefully. The others were making plans, talking about moving out, leaving things behind. Aya briefly worried about all the things she had built, all the camping solar generators she had found and hooked up, but bed called and she could not resist.

The men also bid her goodnight. Like they were a family.

Aya curled up next to Julia and fell instantly into a deep sleep. The deepest she had had for weeks. Her dreams were wild and vivid.

TAG: @SirakRomar @RachelTyrell @Darth_Elu @Sir_Draco , until morning...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Eastern Train Station

They all went to sleep and after a long and exciting day and the wine they slept all too well. Yovahn and Justin shared one room, Karl had his own, as he snorted pretty badly and then the girls shared now one. They all lay on improvised beds on the ground. It was warm, but there were blankets for those who needed one for sleeping.

And with the sleep came dreams . . .

Aya‘s Dream

Aya found herself in a beautiful garden. It was cool and silent there. Peaceful.

[​IMG]

There was a mask lying on the ground, it smiled at her. „What is always in front of you, but can never be seen?“ The mask asked her and laughed.

[​IMG]

Tag: @Kurisan

Justin‘s dream

Justin found himself in a dark room and with him was nobody but himself. His younger self.

[​IMG]

„I assure you that Sekiel was no archangel.“ He said and smiled. „Archangel. Archangel. Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel, Archangel.“ The young self smiled. „You are gonna be the death of me.“

Tag: @Sir_Draco

Julia‘s Dream

Julia was alone with a candle. One like she had never seen. It flickered and far away she heard the ocean. Not that she had ever been to the ocean, but this was what it had to sound. All was peaceful, yet these words intruded her mind . . .

[​IMG]

„Do not consider me impossible, because impossible is a thought that is forbidden. Nothing is impossible. Not even me. For I am the candle. Except you think candles burn. I do not burn. I drown.“

Tag: @RachelTyrell

Man‘s room, at night

Yovahn did not dream. Or maybe he just did not remember the dream. He woke up in the middle of the night, because he had heard a sound. Something had fallen to the ground. It had come from the living room, from which all doors to the sleeping rooms got away. He heard nothing else, but something gave him the feeling there was movement in the absolute dark.

Tag: @Darth_Elu

17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Aya
    The Dream

[​IMG]

Aya found herself lying in a tranquil garden. She rose and walked barefoot. Her steps fell lightly in the surreal terrain.

The mask appeared before her.

“Kumagoro-sama?” said Aya. He had not come to her in this form before.

“What is always before you, but can never be seen?” the mask asked her and laughed.

Aya touched her nose. She closed one eye. Ahh, she could just see it. The mask remained quiet, its silence mocking.

“The air?” she reached out and her hand seemed to move in slow motion.

Silence.

Always before you, she remembered. Not behind.

“The future…” she called out. She was sure this was the answer.

The future…

“Kumagoro-sama, please don’t kill the others,” she said. “They are my friends.”

TAG: @SirakRomar

Darth_Elu likes this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yovahn Cotler IC:
    ~Headquarters, Berlin~

Yovahn jerked awake. He had been having a rather blissful dreamless sleep for once. Every night was always nightmares now, but for once not this time…or maybe he just didn’t recall? In any event, he heard something.

It was fairly loud, like something fell from a good height and playing it back in his startled mind, it definitely came from the makeshift living room. Right outside the door. He sat up and listened as intently as possible.

Nothing. No other sounds. But he just had this undeniable feeling there was movement out there. Something or someone was out there. His mind flashed back to the rat thing from earlier.

The fact that that was fairly likely did not help matters.

“Hey, Justin,” he offered. “Justin, wake up. I think we have some kind of visitor out there.”

He started getting up, fumbled for his flashlight and then looked for his newly acquired axe and machete. Then paused.

Yovahn Cotler… he mentally admonished himself. He had left them out there earlier.

Grimacing, he looked over at Justin once more. Deep sleeper.

Trying once more, success or not, to get him up he then moved toward the door. Whatever this thing was, he couldn’t let it or them or whatever possibly harm an unsuspecting Karl or the girls if they got up in the middle of the night for some reason.

If Justin awakened, he’d wait till he was ready and see what he had to say first.

If not, then he began picturing exactly where he placed the axe and machete in relation to the door, tensed up his muscles and prepared to move quickly while flicking on the flashlight. Hopefully this was all nothing. Better to look a fool than risk something bad however.

Then Yovahn opened the door and moved while using his light to pinpoint the source of his uneasiness.

Tag: @SirakRomar @Sir_Draco (maybe?)

Kurisan likes this.
  19. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: So sorry, but good luck [face_laugh]

Justin Pfeiffer
    The Sleeping Room

He was in the deep sleep state and it was hands to wake him up. Turning simply around, he clinged to the dream. He had the feeling the dream was meant to tell him something. Unknowing he left his comrade alone outside of his dream he actually turned to his younger self within the dream.

„Well, we are all gonna die, will we? I do not mean at some point, but quite literally . . . die pretty soon.“ He cowered before his younger self. „I do not feel being the death of you is exceptionally bad. But what do you mean Archangel? Be honest, should I become religious? Because sometimes I feel like I should!“

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @SirakRomar

Darth_Elu likes this.
  20. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Julia
    The Dream

The candle made of water talked to her and she felt like her mind was drowning.

"Impossibility is a concept that is in itself impossible to maintain over time." She answered and laughed. Then she grabbed the candle with both hands, put it to her mouth and drank. She would drink the whole damned candle or die drowning.

Tag: @SirakRomar

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Dreams . . .

Aya heard the mask laugh. „If they are your friends, why did they not tell you that you are all gonna die? Humanity is dying out! The boy knows!“ The Mask laughed. „See, they lie to you. They are no friends of yours. Quite the contrary they are. They lie!“ The mask kept on laughing and laughing ...

„Good timing to start believe in God as you might have met one, don‘t you think?“ The younger self of Justin said and nodded. „Yes, you are all gonna die. The last of humanity dead because for all your superiority you cannot survive in Garden Eden anymore. Maybe go look for the apple. There is snake nearby that offers help.“

Julia woke up, or thought she woke up, only to find herself in a police car in what appeared to be empty streets of Berlin. She had almost forgotten aboutthis, but before the sea of leaves came, there was this moment of silence, in the midst of the night. Nobody was awake, except the cops who were on nightshift. A figure appeared in an alley to her left and Julia saw her partner Robert was sleeping. Was he sleeping? He did not move.

Yovahn seemed not even to get a reaction out of Justin, so he had to have a look alone. He saw the living room was mostly dark, with only the nightlight giving the scenery a pale little light. But in the light he indeed saw something move.

[​IMG]

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Kurisan, @Sir_Draco, @RachelTyrell

22. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Aya
    The Dream

“If they are your friends, why did they not tell you that you are all gonna die? Humanity is dying out! The boy knows!” The Mask laughed. “See, they lie to you. They are no friends of yours. Quite the contrary they are. They lie!”

The mask kept on laughing and laughing…

Aya swayed. The laughing voice filled her head and her universe. It was all around her, increasing in volume until she could not bear the noise. She felt dwarfed to an insignificant speck by the power of the Mask and its revelations. She was tumbling through endless void, end over end. The vertigo was unbearable.

“But they don’t know the future!” she screamed. “How can they lie if they don’t know about you?”

She closed her eyes, tried to make it stop. The tranquil dream had turned into a nightmare.

Then, oblivion.

“Why do we still live, Kumagoro-sama?” she whispered to the endless universe. “Why did you choose us?”

She opened her eyes and the Mask was before her again, the quiet garden around her, soft grass beneath her feet.

The boy knows. The words echoed in the silence. Justin knows? Was that the message?

“If we know the future, can we change it?” she asked the Mask.

TAG: @SirakRomar

Darth_Elu likes this.
  23. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Justin Pfeiffer
    Not with the Tiger, but in dreamland!

He looked at the boy. „The apple?“ He asked and put his hands on his head. „Speaking in metaphors you mean what I am not allowed to see or have. Right? I shall think the unthinkable, know the unknowable? I mean if there is a God, there is a solution to all of this. Almighty he might change things, right? Change things for the better.“ He shook his head. „Problem is Adam and Eva was not exactly an advanced breeding program, was it?“ He laughed .He could only laugh. What else could he do? It was all terrible.

Tag: @SirakRomar

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yovahn Cotler IC:
    ~The Zoo That Was Once Home~

The second the flashlight landed on the source of the commotion, the nightlight in the area helping him pinpoint where to shine it quicker; Yovahn froze.

A tiger. There was a tiger here in the station. Right here in their base. Right. In front of him. It looked like his assessment of the zoo situation earlier in the day had been right on the money. Why couldn't he have been wrong on this one!?

The moment their eyes locked on each other, he knew he was in trouble. He was about to likely engage in a fight against a bloody tiger!

In the dark.

“Oh bollox.”

Thankfully he had maneuvered himself close to where he had left the machete and axe. The latter option had greater strength, the former more control. In his quickened mind he reasoned that no matter what, that tiger was going to have the edge in strength. By a lot.

Quickly reaching down and grasping the machete with his free hand, he realized more control over his chosen weapon was going to be the better option. If there was even a good option at this point.

Best I can do is at least lead the thing away from the others while trying to get their attention.

The first sign the beast gave at moving toward him, he began yelling to catch it off guard (likely for only a second or two he knew) but mainly attempt to wake the others up. He kept up the nonsensical yelling while maneuvering toward the old tracks, leading it away from the sleeping rooms.

Hopefully they’d come quickly and would help surround the creature, likely ending up scaring it off after that. Otherwise…

Oh god, I might be dying alone after all. Eaten…

Yovahn quickly, savagely even, thrust the thought away from his mind while yelling all the louder for it as he kept moving. His machete was ready all the while.

Tag: Hello Kitty’s Angry Cousin @SirakRomar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.