main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo The Darth Maul Cameo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth_Voider, May 23, 2018.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Maul - a male white guy! [face_rofl] I find your understanding of colors disturbing.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    The moment when you tell Maul he is not a white male

3. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    So he just blushed I guess. My fault.:mad:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It would be funny if Maul was roaming the galaxy not knowing he was a red and black Zabrak, and thinking he was a white human. He’s both color blind and has an especially rare condition where he can’t see horns.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  5. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    He never looked into a mirror. He only saw his brother Savage and thought he is yellow/black. Savage actually thinks he is red.

PCCViking likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Maul: I don’t have horns.
    Other person: Um, yes you do.
    Maul: Right...next you’ll be telling me that I’m black and red all over.
    Other person: Um, you are.

*Maul kills other person*

7. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't put Serafinowicz on the same level than Ray Park. The later is still the real-life physical presence of Maul, the former has now been forgotten and completely ousted by Witwer as the voice of Maul. Witwer has hours as Maul's voice, Serafinowicz mere minutes. Ray Park has all the minutes of live-action footage of Maul.

Sudooku likes this.
  8. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I wonder if the Maul in the SOLO-sequel will be more like optimistic energetic TCW-Maul than Rebels-Maul, who showed clear signs of despair.

9. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    What Solo sequel?

3sm1r likes this.
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Assuming he is in a Solo sequel (if there is one), the timeling would probably have him closer to being the former than the latter.

11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    The SOLO sequel should incorporate Serafinowicz as Maul's brother, the one who's really in charge of Crimson Dawn.
    Han: "This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them."

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I loved seeing Park and Witwer combine their performances to create Maul (the chuckle that Park does that Witwer did is really seamless) and I would love to see how they combine for an extended film that had Maul in it. And he got particularly more chattier in his old age. The hologram was an easy way to hide any obvious overdubbing, be interesting how they would pull it off.

13. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    I'm not sure a straight sequel for "Solo" would work, but a film set in the time frame between solo and either R1/ANH would work. Basing it around the crime syndicates, would allow for bounty hunters (inc Boba), and allow for rebels and imperial presence without the story being focused on them.

Sudooku likes this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Any chance you think we'll see/get "The Mandalorian" working with Maul and Q'ira?

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Not in the TV show The Mandalorian, no. It takes place post-ROTJ, and Maul dies pre-ANH.
    I suppose Qi'ra could show up though, or "The Mandalorian" (character) could show up in something set during the Dark Times.

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm sure Emilia Clarke will have no trouble getting work now that GoT is done; it would be cool if she was in the new show.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would love a show with Qi'ra as the lead and Maul as the mentor/antagonist. Please make it happen! [face_praying]

Bor Mullet and TCF-1138 like this.
  18. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Ron Howard: "So it was sort of initially written in a rather generic way. It just sort of said boss. And I thought when I came in, I assumed they knew who it was and they were just keeping it under wraps. And they didn’t. But Maul was listed as one of the candidates. And I lobbied hard for that. I thought that made a lot of sense to me"

-Maul was a possibility from the beginning.
    -'They'. Who? The story group?
    -'It just sort of said boss'. Uber (sort of 'boss')>Snoke.

Ron Howard: "My son Reed is not in the business. He’s a dedicated fan. I just whispered that possibility and he just thought that would be incredibly cool. And so for that generation, I thought, well that was gonna be a pretty interesting idea. And doing a little more research and understanding sort of how the character had worked elsewhere, I thought it was good. And the Kasdans were on board with that"

-This was probably before 'I lobbied hard for that. I thought that made a lot of sense to me'
    -'How the character had worked elsewhere'. Is 'elsewhere' TPM, which his son would know (he's 31 -'that generation')? Or is it 'elsewhere' referring to the time passed between TPM and Maul's death?

19. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Sorry, double post:

Jon kasdan: " If you felt like it was just a cheap stunt, I suppose that’s fair, but the truth is Maul was built into the design of Solo in many subtle ways, including the name Crimson Dawn, the artifacts in Dryden’s study, and Qi’ra’s use of Teras Kasi. Maul is my favorite character from the prequel trilogy. I love that Dave Filoni brought him back and expanded on his story in Clone Wars and Rebels. I love that there is at least some continuity between the shows and the movies. For me, Maul was destined to pass through Solo as the ultimate SW Keyser Soze"

20. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    After two people mentioned Keyser Söze here, I did google him and I would say - o. K. Keyser Söze was a worthy predecessor of Maul.

21. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah, unfortunately those things are ripped straight from Prince Xizor's character in legends and inserted into Maul, Dryden Vos and Qi'ra.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Just that one thing. Otherwise, there’s a Sith holocron in there and other things hinting at Maul.

Sudooku likes this.
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Straight from Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. A scarred human crime boss, Tyber Zann, took on a job for Prince Xizor, to steal Tibanna gas from the Empire (sound familiar?). Tyber was also in possession of a Sith holocron. Also Dryden Vos was originally going to be a bird like alien sounding very similar to Tyber's right hand man Urai Fen, whose double bladed weapons are also very similar in shape to Dryden's.

24. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Maul's actions during the Clone Wars could creep up, though; the Imperial Supercommandos were founded by one of his "Mauldalorian" liutenants, and Sabine's acquisition of the Darksaber. It's possible if they get into Mandalorian politics that the ex-regime personel of both the Shadow Collective and Empire are opposed by Rebel-aligned veterans, with some possible discussion of how Maul hijacked the system.

TCF-1138 and Sudooku like this.
  25. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    From where do you know that Dryden Vos originally was designed as an Ishi Tib?