main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo The Darth Maul Cameo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth_Voider, May 23, 2018.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I think he was silent, not because he was an assassin only, because all the Sith lords were designed to move without being detected by the Jedi, for 1.000 years they had to hide themselves until the Naboo events in Episode I, that should be like a bad habit for Maul.

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I suspect Maul's reveal in Solo was going to tie into a larger criminal underworld narrative, as alluded to by Jon Kasdan:

I imagine the original intent was for two more films that were going to be released in 2020 and 2021. I don't think these would necessarily have been direct Solo sequels, but rather continuations of that story involving Boba Fett and possibly Obi-Wan. As things stand now, I imagine the Maul narrative will find resolution in the Obi-Wan series, in order to eliminate Crimson Dawn and have Maul end up on Malachor.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Nah, i think they won't ouch mutch of Maul in the kenobi series. More likley a Maul/Qira series ad we will touch mutch on the criminal empire, Qira as the lead character, going in as a angent of Maul and climbing the latter. We see Maul wage war againts jabba and whole hutt clan. In this show we could see all these gangter and bounty hunter characters.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It seems now we will be getting a Cromson Dawn series that might go into the underworld and start with war between the criminal famalies.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well, he has shaved his head again and is teasing more Maul to come...

[​IMG]

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    His Maul swag collection is formidable.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I believe he also teased his return sometime before Solo was released and we all just overlooked it. Very interesting.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Indeed, the gathering of many things, secrets and artifacts. Power, absolute.;)

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ll believe it when he starts growing his horns out.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    First he's gotta paint his head red and black.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, might be jumping the gun, but I'm pretty convinced just by that - the criminal underworld show's a go, and Park's front-and-center.

[face_dancing] Disney+ is going to be so frickin' awesome.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    THIS is what Maul should be doing. Travelling the galaxy searching for dark places and artifacts, looking for physical power. Not running a criminal organization to gain wealth.

13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Problem is that you would have to assume they were filming this scene soon. But its not even been announced. So the chances that Ray park is preparing for something probably isn't likely.

But then according to Rey Park he is always preparing and waiting for the call.

In my mind though, i do not picture the show being around Maul. I picture the show being about Qi'ra with Maul appearing a fair bit.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it had been better to end Solo with Han obtaining the Falcon for himself and riding off into the great unknown with Chewie as opposed to the cliffhanger ending with Maul. All that did is leave it open for a follow up story that which has no firm promise of ever happening.

EHT and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, we do know Maul's final fate. The only question is how he got to that point.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But I don't recall too much of Crimson Dawn's reference in Rebels. My point was that Maul didn't have to be in that movie unless they fully expected to follow up with the Crimson Dawn story (including Qi'ra) at some point.

EHT and PCCViking like this.
  17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    That is the main problem I have. Crimson Dawn is a SOLO creation. It didn't exist in Rebels and doesn't fit in with the rest of Maul's story. Just see Wookieepedia's Crimson Dawn page requiring to have sourceless info:
    It is basically an inserted 3rd life for Maul that he now has to lose before his 2nd life ends on Tatooine to Kenobi.

Twain likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well Maul did run with the crime syndicates in the later episodes of TCW (up to the Lawless episode). Tbh, when Maul came in with that cameo as a leader of the crime syndicate I actually thought it was kind of a continuation of his reign from the TCW era; as weird as that sounds.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Exactly! A continuation. A continuation of something that was already ended.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And then he rebuilt it. These things happen.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  21. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Maul was the best (and only really good) part of Solo. Its a wonder how the brief appearance of sith character form PT igniting doubt-bladed lightsaber give him the gravitas ST villains dont have. He is brutal and badass.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So the 30 seconds he appears on screen is the best and only really good part of the movie? Wow. Maybe they would've been better off just releasing that on YouTube and it would get a warmer reception from everyone.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I agree, Maul is awesome. But we don't think this because he was in SOLO. The SOLO movie did nothing itself to merit using him. It was pure fan service, and a non spectacular one at that. Unlike Vader in Rogue One, Maul's appearance adds nothing great to the character and anyone who had never seen Maul before would have been totally underwhelmed.
    I cannot give a movie credit for taking advantage of viewers nostalgia to turn an otherwise bland scene into an enjoyable one for them, so no it isn't a good part of SOLO.

I like new stories, not the same ones repeated. Maul, like the remaining jedi were meant to be in hiding from the Empire. They were defeated. I find it impossible to believe Maul could create and lead another criminal organization while remaining hidden/unchallenged from Palpatine.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Twain likes this.
  24. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    He's going to be at Fandemic in Houston a month from now and is doing a panel the first night. I wish I had booked a flight in time to catch it. It'll be interesting to see what he says.

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Are you sure?? Dude got sliced in half with a lightsaber. He could easily still be alive after that duel on Tatooine.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    PCCViking likes this.