main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo The Darth Maul Cameo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth_Voider, May 23, 2018.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah, but that was young Obi-Wan who sliced him in half. Old Obi-Wan knew right place to do it properly

2. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Later material showed that Kenobi gave Maul a Jedi's funeral, complete with cremation. He's gone.

3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Or is he??? [face_skull]

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    He's part of the comsic force now.:ben:

5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe his legs are still alive with a robo-body

6. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
  7. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Yes, he did. Incidentally, when he encountered Maul in TCW, Kenobi said he should have aimed at the neck, or something like that.

Loved it when we saw Maul in Solo. And loved the credits when I saw the names of Ray Park and Sam Witwer.

Despite Solo bombing, many critics said they could see a Lando spinoff movie.

Now we’re doing the Mandalorian, I hope we can do Underworld. GL said he'd write the first drafts for the first season’s 25 of 100 planned episodes, then turn over their revisions and subsequent scripts to a team of writers. Before the sale, LFL (was it Rick McCallum!¥ announced that they had 3rd drafts for 2 seasons—50 scripts—completed.

ABC was really interested in Underworld after the sale. However, the priorities were:

1) 6 new movies
    2) costs of doing the series
    3) hoping to use used sets and props from the films to save costs

Then came Netflix and now Disney+ and Hulu.

I really hope we can get Underworld and it’s gangster/noir Coruscant with the most powerful family divided over the Empire—would it have been better for them to take advantage of the corruption and weakness of the Republic that they enjoyed, or see how they can fit into the Empire? And what of the woman who broke Palpatine’s heart? Is she Rey’s grandmother?

And to see the Coruscant Familiy(ies) interact with each other, Crimson Dawn, Black Sun, and the Hutts would be great.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  8. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Ugh, Kasdan Jr doing the "ur enthusiasm" thing. C'mon, man, you're above that, it's another two letters.

Millennials, get offa my lawn. Etc.

9. Fistful Of Fistos

Fistful Of Fistos Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2019
    I presume only half of Phantom Menace Maul survives

10. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    At least part of the comic force.

Sometimes I wonder, what happened if not "A new hope" but "Solo" would have been the first Star Wars film. Maybe we could have got the PT even before the OT, because people would want to know more about that horned guy in the end. And because of the technical possibilities the ST would come shortly after the OT.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  11. Fistful Of Fistos

Fistful Of Fistos Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2019
    May the better half live

devilinthedetails likes this.
  12. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Still one of the most baffling moments I've ever had in a theater.

1. Outside of relative die hards vast majority of audiences AT BEST know he showed up in Clone Wars but have no idea why he is alive here, at worst they would be confused as to why this guy is still alive at all.

2. Even to die hard fans who have watched all the cartoons, Maul's story was so thoroughly concluded that including him here to set up some other stuff with him is crazy contrived.

3. Blatant sequel bait for a film that was all but certain to never recieve a sequel. I presume at some point they'll have to follow this storyline up with a comic book or something
    *side note* even if there were to be a Solo sequel, its difficult to understand how Han can be involved with Darth Maul prior to the original trilogy. Han getting involved with Jabba makes far more sense, this is a guy who straight up doesnt believe in the force/Jedi at the time of ANH, so he can't really interact with Maul in a way that would contradict that.

EHT and Erkan12 like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    To most audience members (who don’t even know who Maul is), they just think he’s the big bad behind the curtain.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    ... Which is not tooo bad IMHO.

15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think it will get a live action sequel. the whole crimson dawn thing was a live action creation. its almost its own plotline that hasn't been resolved but set up by Solo. and it opens the door that you can go anywhere with it and have it appear multiple places, whether it appears in any of the tv shows or another movie. its pretty much wide open and how will they not wanna use Maul again? it right there and they won't take that opportunity?

Personally i kinda wish they had not resolved his story in rebels. but they still have a story here thats very different, so it allows for its own conclusion

I wonder whether they will even resolve Crimson Dawn or whether they will keep that door open to allow multiple uses of Maul. it would allow him to show up as almost his own Jabba the hutt type gangster boss for a long period of years

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Sudooku likes this.
  16. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Ideally Resurrected Maul's story should have ended in The Clone Wars series, as that was were the character was created and belonged. Thanks to the cancellation of TCW he was continued into Rebels, which is ok as it is basically a sequel for TCW and a viewer of Rebels is more likely to have also been a viewer of TCW because it is of the same media (TV animation). Ending Maul's story in Rebels was absolutely the right decision because that was where the viewers were following his story. What SOLO should have done was create its own character, or rebooted a different legends character and made him a new fan favourite that could be used again in further "A SW Story" movies.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Since Maul is now alive within canon around that time. its understandable that the idea of using Maul again might be tempting.

18. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    It was never planned to end Maul's story in TCW. We had this discussion earlier and there is no proof for such a tie-up for Maul in TCW.

19. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Personally i think Dave Filoni would have left Maul alive if he knew they would use him in the movies again. i think alot of people assumed they wouldn't do it to avoid confusing the live-action audience.

But now they have opened that door with Solo. they do need to do something with it.

Sudooku and Erkan12 like this.
  20. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Probably. Or they used Maul in the movies because now they know Filoni is done with Maul's story.

Either way, we need to learn what will happen to Crimson Dawn and how Maul managed to survive and escaped to Malachor.

Sudooku likes this.
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Why would they plan to finish a series with part of the story (Maul's part) unfinished? Whether he was originally planned to live or die in Siege of Mandalore is a different matter. The fact is TCW being unfinished left Maul alive and able to be used in Rebels, where they told how he had been broken by the Sith and left with nothing. He was clearly meant to have been a hermit since the end of the clone wars, just like Kenobi. SOLO very clumsily retcons this by forcing a new story for Maul into a gap in his tv animation story, without caring that it didn't fit or caring about what effect it would have on that story. Now someone has to take Maul down yet again, and it can't be Kenobi, but that is whom Maul then goes after. :confused::oops:[face_sigh]

22. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Never thought Maul could have been lying to Ezra in "Twilight of the Apprentice"?

Not to speak of, that also Obi-Wan's life may be revamped in new films and series, taking him a bit away from that solemn hermit life.

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    He wasn't lying about any of the things he said happened to him, we know those things happened.

And that would be another awful retcon.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Only it wouldn’t be a “retcon,” as there’s no canon material describing what Obi-wan did all those years.

25. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its just a retcon to headcanon.

Sudooku and Bor Mullet like this.