main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo The Darth Maul Cameo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth_Voider, May 23, 2018.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    It isn't head canon that Luke called Ben an old hermit, or that Ben lived on Tatooine to watch over and protect Luke when needed. He can't do that if he goes off somewhere else (Not a fan of Legends' Last of the Jedi book series taking Ben off Tatooine either).

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    There is like 19 years worth of unknown though. How much time of that was Obi Wan following Luke around for and how much of that did Luke know Obi Wans every where abouts.

To assume he did nothing in those 19 years would be headcanon, because there is no evidence to suggest nothing else happened.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    jedi-soon and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    At the end of Episode III Obi-Wan becomes Ben Kenobi the hermit. At the start of Episode IV he is still a hermit. In between we have EU with Ben doing hermit stuff, doing odd jobs and helping out the local people. Now how respectable to the character would a story that took Ben the hermit and made him into Ben the Sheriff of Mos Eisley be? Not only that but ending the story with him still as the sheriff and leaving it up to someone else to fix the mess and make Ben the hermit again and explain why nobody remembers his time as a sheriff. That is the equivalent to what SOLO did with Maul.

EHT likes this.
  4. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I see nothing wrong with that. aslong as its not like he was sheriff for a period of many years till he is well known among the galaxy as top sheriff of Tatooine. 19 years is a long ass time. and unless people are constantly watching Obi Wan then who the hell knows what he got up too. all we know is by the time episode 4 comes along his status is what it is. at that time.

If Obi Wan suddenly vanished from his usual spotted doings for 3 weeks who the hell would notice? Luke? surely Luke has his own life going on. you might see the same person on the street sometimes but doesn't mean you see them all the time. and would certainly be awkward if Obi Wan was constantly stalking Luke.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  5. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Obi-Wan watching over Luke means to me, that he feels him in the force, knowing, he is alright. While force users like Obi-Wan can sense other force-users or potential force-users over long distances, it would be o.k. for Obi-Wan to fetch for some other tasks beyond Tatooine without problems. Ep. III is covering a span of just some days, as does Ep. IV. So there are far more time spans in the GFFA not covered by the films, series or comics than the time periods we know about.

I imagine Obi-Wan to come along at the end of the sequel-film to SOLO - as the mastermind of a resistance-movement, who did destroy Crimson Dawn - but as a still passive Thanos as we know him from Guardians of the Galaxy II. But even Thanos surely did not sit on his throne constantly without any break during GGII.[face_devil]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    PCCViking likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think those bent X-wing wings and cannons make more sense now. Seems to be in the shape of the Sith throne in the trailer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    @Vorax,
    the first picture reminds me more on Christmas. :lando:

8. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I think there's wiggle-room on the hermit thing, but I'd keep his interactions with the Lars family very sporadic.

He probably should be camped out in the middle of nowhere in his hut for those 20 years. That doesn't mean he doesn't head into town now and again though. Just yeah, keep him on-planet, and keep Maul the hell away from Tatooine, and we're good.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Pro Edit: No TROS spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Don't discuss TROS in here, please. It's off topic and might chase away people who are afraid of spoilers. [face_peace]

11. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Obi-Wan also tells Luke he hasn't heard the name "Obi-Wan" in a very long time. Rebels did away with that. The prequels also makes his "I certainly don't remember ever owning a droid." a lie, or at least equally as misleading as his "My apprentice Darth Vader killed your father" comment. Obi-Wan is the spinmaster, he'll find a way to make it all technically true.

12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Rebels didn't contradict that at all. At no point during Twin Suns does anyone mention the name Obi-Wan in his presence. Obi-Wan also never owned R2 or 3PO, so I don't know what you're getting at there. He's clearly just playfully referencing the fact that the two droids in front of him aren't his.

13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    He fought in the Clone Wars for years with R2D2 at his beck and call, giving him orders and instructions throughout and another personal droid that manned his personal fighter. His padawan likewise owned and build C3PO. I think you are being needlessly deceitful here as Obi-Wan was. That's not the reaction you'd have to seeing a droid that has come back to you hundreds of times in the past already. I'm sorry if Maul died before he was able to say the name of his quarry. People still came looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi at his door very recently and found a valiant fighter reven if nothing happens in his solo movie, surely we can agree on that much??

14. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    You're obviously forgetting Kenobi is a huge fan of the whole "certain point of view" thing, aren't you?

Sudooku likes this.
  15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    He didn't do nothing in those 19 years. He watched over the only hope the galaxy had. Everything else was secondary to him.

16. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Thing I didn't get from the cameo is that The Clone Wars and Rebels established Palpatine to be Maul's enemy. Yet the little proto-rebels seemed to imply the Empire and Crimson Dawn were working together. Seems inconsistent with that relationship, from both Maul and Palpatine's perspectives.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  17. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I don't think they were doing business on a top administration level like Grand Moff or Grand Admiral.

They were doing business on Regional Governor level.

Also it's not like they are doing business directly, Maul was the secret figure behind Dryden Vos, he was doing the all negotiations. I think as long as Maul's crime syndicate gets stronger, he is ok with it. Like making peace with the Jedi Kanan and Ahsoka until he gets what he wants.

Bor Mullet, Sudooku and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I Don't think Crimson Dawn and the Emperor had too many board meetings. Maul might dig it since he's basically stealing resources and cash from the Empire to fund his own syndicate anyway.

PCCViking and Erkan12 like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. We also know this because we saw Dryden Vos kill a regional governor on screen...

20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I am still waiting for some announcement of some sort of continuation. i am fairly certain this isn't the last we seen of maul in live-action.

The whole Crimson Dawn thing is abit of a blank slate just waiting to be explored.

Sudooku and Darth Smurf like this.
  21. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    I'd venture it's a sure thing for TV, some sort of Disney+ gangster war thing, and featuring Han & Chewie & Maul (but keep those guys from ever meeting face-to-face).

They'd better get their asses into gear though, the window of opportunity's closing with Alden's age for a pre-ANH thing.

Erkan12, Bor Mullet and Sudooku like this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Eh, he’s probably still got another 20 years before it’ll be difficult to cover up his age with makeup. So there’s probably not much need to rush it.

23. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Boooo. Boooooooo.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  24. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    The story needs to be told of how Palpatine, Xizor and new Black Sun destroy Crimson Dawn, returning Maul to hermit status for his REBELS appearance.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe they can retcon his vengance off Vader fom legends to his vengance to Maul in canon, Maul wiped out a lot of black sun meembers and leader in his time as a sith.

Erkan12 and Blackhole E Snoke like this.