main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Dathomir Secret - Adrian and Marie find something......

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Nov 29, 2020.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Title: The Dathomir Secret
    Authors: @Anedon, @Adalia-Durron - all his idea!! Another Collaboration with @Anedon
    Timeframe: Beyond-Legends
    Characters: Adrian Malek, Marie Firestone
    Summary: While out Hunting, our newly weds and new parents stumble onto a secret, one that could change everything.

Other stories about this couple.
    From Slavery to Aristocracy
    Powers vs Passions
    YOU DID WHAT?
    Bedtime Story
    Mom´s little Warlock
    A Date with Destiny
    Manhunt
    If you leave now you, you get nothing
    Shadows Eve

Adrian concentrated as he took a last deep breath before raising the bow and pulling the arrow towards him. Aiming it at the creature in the distance. He was still unused to the weapon but due to Marie's instructions he learned quickly.

"Steady, let the breath out slowly and release easily, don't let it go hard, let the string slide from your fingers." She whispered from behind him, "Relax your shoulders." Marie placed her hands one his shoulders and gently pushed downward. "Drop them." He always pulled them up as he drew, he needed to learn to drop them and relax, make the bow part of him.

Adrian lowered his shoulders and tried his best to utterly relax himself. Then he did what Marie had told him, letting the string slide from his fingers and releasing the arrow. His eyes following the projectile as it made its way towards the target and struck it.

"Perfect." Marie smiled, "You held the bow till the arrow struck, that's perfect." She was proud of how fast he'd learned the basic skill, a long held skill by her Clan, and a skill she'd been honing since childhood. "Looks like we have food for the coming days." She slipped her arms around his waist pushing her cheek between his shoulder blades.

Adrian wiggled a bit in Marie's grab but enjoyed how she pressed herself against his back. "Thanks, your training is really paying off." When he thought back to how bad he had been at the start.

"Good student." She muttered against his back before releasing him. "Best get that on to Fluffy, I don't like being away from Viktoria too long." They'd left their first born in good hands.

"Don't you trust Sunil'na with her?" Adrian asked as he made his way to the downed Blooma. The elderly witch and tattoo artist had almost become a second mother to Adrian, and by extension a grandmother to Vikki. When he noticed the prey was still breathing, he took his knife and quickly ended its suffering.

Marie hadn't followed him, something was 'picking' at the edge of her mind and she was looking off into the distance. "Yeah, I trust her,....... but you know............I miss her." She confessed, her voice distracted because she was somewhat distracted.

Adrian turned around, having thrown his prey over his shoulders to carry it back to Fluffy. "Is everything alright?" Marie was staring in a different direction. As if she was fixated by something he couldn't see.

She lifted her hand and waved it dismissively. "I don't know,................Yeah........probably." She turned to him and smiled, but the urge to follow what ever was pulling her was slowly growing stronger.

Adrian had seen that glint in her eyes before. "Is it the Force? Is it calling for you again?" Dathomir was a planet drowned in the Force so this wasn't too out of the ordinary though.

Maybe we should have a look?" Adrian asked. "Could be something important."

"I think so....I can't tell......I just feel ......something is calling me." She looked back into the forest, toward the mountains. "No words........just a feeling."

She glanced back at him before returning her gaze to the mountains. "Maybe............yeah......ok. Better put that Blooma on Fluffy first."

=======

When they came closer to the location calling Marie, Adrian noticed that even Fluffy seemed to picked onto whatever was there. "Have you ever been in this part of the forest before?" He asked.

Marie felt almost uncomfortable and the closer they got to whatever was calling her, the more she felt it. "No." She glanced around; she knew this area. "It's forbidden to be here, it's........" She stared off at at something distant, "Sacred."

"So your mother would punish us if she knew we are here?" Adrian shivered a little.

Marie rolled her eyes. "No, she doesn't scare me. It's been for generations, but Sunil'na would be disappointed in me and that scares me more." She urged Fluffy forward. "There's something ahead, it's wants me to............" She stopped and closed her eyes, "no, it wants US to see it." She corrected. The feeling that who or whatever was calling to her was urging her to bring Adrian with her.

"Me?" Surprised, Adrian raised an eyebrow. "What on Dathomir have an interest in me?" Didn't have the Force. He was just a man, a free man who could ride rancor's but still... "Could it be a trap?"

"No, it's not." She said with confidence. "It's kind, it's asking, not demanding." Fluffy kept walking and then suddenly the underbrush and trees seemed to part and they found themselves in a clearing. Before them a massive stone form raised up against the cliff face behind it, it looked to be ancient and had carvings into the stone but it was hard to make out as the jungle had attempted to reclaim it. "This is it." Marie almost whispered as she felt this place was as she'd suspected, sacred.

“A cave?" Adrian asked, jumping down from Fluffy and stepping closer. "No, it’s a building carved into the rock. Must be an old place. Did you ever hear of ruins like this one on Dathomir?"

Marie sat still on Fluffy, not moving when Adrian dismounted, she slowly shook her head. "It's a temple" She explained, "Don't ask me how I know, I just .........know."

"A temple," Adrian muttered as he realized he had never asked Marie about the religion of her homeworld. "To whom is it dedicated?"

"I'm not sure.......I..." She swung her leg over the rancor and slid to the ground. "Stay here Fluffy." She rubbed the beasts’ leg before moving forward and approaching the small set of stairs leading up. "You stay for a moment too please?" She asked glancing at her husband, 'To be sure." She began to climb the stairs and as she reached the top one, a figure carved into the stone caught her attention. She reached forward and pushed the vines hanging over it aside. He eyes widened. "Allya." she breathed in disbelief.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating ... =D= Always happy to read more about Adrian/Marie and look forward to what they uncover.

Adalia-Durron and Anedon like this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Now I want to know what they found!

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ooooh. TAG me when it updates, please!

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - We love that you love these two!

Only time will tell, but the way we work together I don't imagine there will be too much time to wait.

How did you find this? Follow the links at the top of it, and you will find a rich tapestry of these two! And I'll consider tagging you :p

6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    "You mean Allya?" Adrian asked, not sure if he got it right. "The mother of Dathomir?" The woman who had been the first witch, her daughters the founders of the clans? Slowly Adrian began making his way up the stairs to follow her.

Moving more of the vines she was able to see the carving of a woman standing taller than those around her, female forms standing around her and males, behind them on their knees. Marie squirmed slightly, this was where it all began, the foolish traditions that had lasted generations. "The same." She responded to Adrian.

"So, this is it then? The heart of Dathomirian culture?" Adrian asked while he wondered if the males had truly accepted their part in this society just as obedient as the carving showed them. For a moment he shivered when he thought back to Marie´s mother trying to have him sold into slavery as well.

Marie looked back. "Relax, I'm not selling you or anyone." She'd felt his feelings, she knew what he was remembering, she turned back to the carving. "Well at least not till you displease me." She smirked.

Adrian returned the smirk, "I doubt it would ever come to that." Since their 'manhunt' a few weeks ago and the following chess match their relationship had become stronger again, filled with the same levity as their first months together had been. The shadow that had, for a time fallen between them was gone. "But if it does, make sure to not sell me below my value, I think it’s gone up quite a bit from five thousand credits, now that I can ride rancor’s and hunt with a bow." He gave her a twinkle.

Marie began to brush the dirt away. "Yeah, but you've got some deficiencies, arrogance for one..." She straightened up and pulled her dagger out of it sheath. "Stay behind me." She said moving forward toward the gaping mouth of the temple. Vines hung low and she had to cut some of them to get through, she could hear creatures of various sizes scurrying away and wondered when the last time someone had been here was. It was dark, she turned back. "Adrian, did we bring any torches or glow sticks?"

"I will get them," Adrian said and made his way back, down the stairs towards Fluffy. He found what they needed in her saddle, two glowsticks they had brought with them just in case their hunt would last into the night. While climbing back up he wondered how serious Marie had been when she had called him arrogant. But knowing his wife he brushed he brief moment of worry away.

She heard him approach, "Bring them in, I don't want to go in deeper till I can see more." she said reaching her arm back toward him. The room echoed her voice slightly, but it'd gone still as the creatures had found new hiding spaces.

Adrian activated the two glowsticks and threw one of them to Marie. Hearing the movement of various creatures before them in the dark. "Do you sense any danger ahead?"

“No, there’s a sense of unrest, but nothing is threatening………” She activated her own glow stick and moved forward slowly, stepping over large tree roots that had consumed the space. “I wonder why this place was abandoned, I wonder why it was deemed sacred and the big one…” She craned her neck to a shadow near the corner at the back. “Why was it made against all rules to come here?”

"Do you know anything about the history of this place?" Adrian asked. "Maybe there was a battle, or a natural disaster around here some time ago?" It was purely guessing but he was truly grasping straws here. On Eriadu a place like this would have been turned into a museum.

“No idea.” Marie muttered, something was pulling her toward the back corner of what seemed to be a large rectangular room, with what seemed to be some kind of alter near the front. “Something wants us to go this way.” She said in a softer voice.

Adrian looked up, he couldn´t see anyone in the darkness, there was just the alter. Stepping closer he began to examine it. It was covered in symbols some he did recognized as the forms of animals found on Dathomir but others where unknown to him. And between the symbols, was that blood? Ancient blood splatters left from.

Marie watched him. “What have you found?” She turned to look where he was standing.

"Dark stains," Adrian answered. "Not sure what caused them. Ancient blood rests?"

Marie approached and held her white glow stick to it, black marks ran down the side of the stone plinth, some had hardened into blobs and they glistened. “Very old blood.” She muttered.

"Is this a place for sacrifice?" Adrian asked as he tried not to shiver at this thought.

Marie stepped back. "I don't know............If they did this sort of stuff, I was never told about it." She frowned. "Sacrifice what?" She shook her head, "Allya wouldn't have wanted that ...........would she?"

"Didn't you tell me once in these days they would feed men who sire sons to the rancor's?" Adrian suggested.

She turned to him. "Not for a very long time, and I didn't think they did sacrifices as well." She was feeling ill inside, her Clan, her worlds history was bloody, violent and very female dominated. She knew it was so wrong. "I don't want to talk about this." She turned to the corner where she'd been heading before, it was still calling to her.

"Seems like a religious site, you do not worship Allya as a goddess, do you?" It was a question both directed in regards to Dathomir as a whole as well as Marie’s own feelings for the great mother.

Marie snorted, “Maybe in the past, but not my mother and certainly not me now I know what she was…..” She stopped holding her glowstick up in front of her. “What or more to the point……who is that?” she croaked out.

Tag(as requested): @Sinrebirth

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    So happy the easy, bantering warmth has returned. Wow, Marie and Adrian have certainly made quite the discovery. [face_thinking]

8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Oooh, the plot thickens....

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha [face_love]

Marie was a little startled by what she saw. It was a rotted skeleton, its bony hands bound it what looked to be rusted chains above its head. The scalp had wisps of longer hair and the remnants of what could have been a cloth across the hip area. The corpse was slumped against a hard rock surface and she noticed there was a rusted blade of some sort imbedded in the ribcage. "What happened to him?"

"He did not die on the alter," Adrian mused. "Makes me wonder if that blood is his." He examined the body for a moment, maybe to find something that would confirm Marie assumption of it being a 'him'. "He was shirtless, when he died" he pointed out. Adrian had lived long enough on Dathomir to know that at least when working in the fields male slaves just wore short, simple clothing. "The alter bloody made me think of sacrifices for a moment, but I doubt that was a sacrifice, cause in that case they could have slit his throat, much easier than going through the ribcage."

Marie paused and frowned. “You know a lot about Dathomir’s past.” She muttered before turning away. “And from from what I know, there were no sacrifices.” She’d heard rumours but had dismissed them long ago, she sighed deeply. “This place is starting to make me very uncomfortable, there’s something here…….I don’t know what but I can feel it.”

Adrian stood up and placed his hand firmly on Marie´s shoulder. "It’s my homeworld as well now. And I never heard of sacrifice being practiced here either, not even in the darkest documentaries." He had seen quite a few of them when he had been a child, after Ilona’s ghost stories had drawn his interest toward the world for the first time. "If you don’t want to, we don’t have to go on."

“It’s fine.” Marie began to look around more. “I still feel like we have to be here, like someone somewhere wants us here.”

"Then I’m with you," Adrian affirmed to his wife. Though it still puzzled his mind why Marie was so sure both of them where needed here.

Marie placed her hand on his. “I know.” Holding up her glowstick she moved deeper into the room, stepping over large roots and pulling vines aside as she went.

Marie felt something calling her to look back and was shocked as a blurred image appeared on the stone alter, a woman being held down. Marie couldn't see what was holding her but she was reaching, screaming silently as she reached toward the male body. As fast as the misty looking image appeared, it faded away and she was left standing looking at the cold stone with a look of shock on her face. "Did you see that?" She asked urgently.

"No," Adrian said, "there was a flash of something, just for split second, but I couldn’t make out anything." He wasn’t sure what it had been, maybe just a just the darkness down here had played to him, but if Marie had seen it as well...

She shook her head as if to clear it. “No…I don’t have visions. I’ve never had visions!” She declared. “Addie had them; I saw her have them but I’ve never had one!” She was trying to convince herself more than anyone else and shook her head again putting her hands to her temples.

Adrian gently took Marie´s head into his hands and looked her straight in the eyes. "Hey, I´m here, it’s okay. Take a deep breath, tell me what you saw, I will listen." He knew this was a moment, just like Vikkis birth where he had to be the strong one. Where he had to be there for his wife, to give her strength.

She gazed into his eyes and took a few deep calming breaths as she wrapped her hands around his wrists. “There was a woman, she was……being held down or tied or something on the alter, she was screaming, but I heard nothing…..she was reaching…” She looked over to the skeleton. “To him. I couldn’t see her face, but she was terrified.”

"So, two people died here?" Adrian mused; glad Marie was able to calm herself down again. "A man and a woman, but she is gone while he is still here. Maybe it was a fight? Maybe she tried to free him?"

Slowly she released his wrists. “ I don’t know, she was so scared, I can feel it.” She whispered. Turning to look over her shoulder. “There’s something back there I think.”

"Maybe we should have a look at it then," Adrian responded. The next room was large, considerably larger than the room with the alter. It reminded Adrian a bit of the hall where the witches had sold him years ago, as it contained several rows of benches along its walls, leading down to the centre. But instead of a podium for an auctioneer this room had a pit in the middle, a circular hole leading down.

Marie followed and stopped in the doorway. “It’s a pit, a rancor pit.” She said with an overtone of dread in her voice. “They kept the rancor’s that couldn’t be trained, that were uncontrollable in them.” She went on. “There’s nothing in it now.”

Adrian shivered and he thought back to what his sister had claimed. "Do you think this is where....? They would...." He didn´t say it but the thought alone made him uncomfortable. He could see an iron gate at one end of the pit, probably where they would bring the rancor’s in.

She held up her hands in defence. “Nope nope, nope!! Don’t go there!” She said. She didn’t want to know, more so accept what her tribes past entailed.

Adrian turned to his wife, while he wondered if that was how his father had felt, maybe sometimes still felt. But he couldn´t stop himself, he just couldn´t he needed to know, to throw at least one glance at what was down there, as horrifying it might be. He stepped closer and leaned against the parapet at the edge of the pit. He saw something down there in the sand, bones.

“What do you see? Be careful.” Marie urged.

Adrian was unsure what to say, a part of him wanted to spare his wife, from what she already knew. As he was still in his thoughts, he felt how the ancient stone cracked under his weight, how the parapet broke. He reacted out too slow and was unable to grab a solid hold, he fell, down into the rancor pit.

Tagging @Sinrebirth as requested.

Anedon likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: Ominous hints of what happened long ago and to end on a cliffhanger. =D=

11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Ack! He fell. And thanks to ROTJ, we have an idea what rancor pits are like. They're big critters. So even without a rancor in it to deal with, falling into one has got to be ouch!

12. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha yeah that´s a bit of cliffhanger. ;)

That´s true @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 its quite a fall. :)

Marie sensed it only moments before Adrian disappeared, not having time to warn him or even get to him. She surged forward, "ADRIAN!!!" Skidding to a halt at the edge of the pit. "ARE YOU OK?!?!" She almost pleaded.

Adrian spat out a mouth full of sand and coughed for a moment before pushing himself up on all fours. "’´m okay," he said, breathing heavily, his heart racing in his chest from the shock of the sudden fall. Standing up slowly, he looked up to his wife. "Seems the ancient witches didn’t want to make it too easy for their rancors." He tried to smile, to lighten the mood a bit and to assure her he was okay.

Marie let her breath out. “Thank the ………….” She stopped, she was about to thank Allya, but that was years of ‘brain washing’ by her mother that made that happen. “…The Force.” She finished, noticing his glowstick had fallen with him. “Anything down there, bones, creatures, man eating rancor’s?” She asked.

Adrian examined the ground. "Mostly sand, it’s really getting everywhere..." Then he stopped as found the first bone. "And yeah, bones, human ones as far as I can tell." So, it was true, the over the top stories his sister had told him, the sensationalist documentaries, there was at least some truth to them.

Marie frowned. "Intact? How could the bones be intact if they were.....eaten by ........." she didn't finish the question, but it was clear.

"Mostly broken from what I can see," Adrian admitted.

Marie nodded silently. "Just so you know.........this was a long time ago, not in the last three or four generations at least."

"I know, and who am I to judge it, it’s not that my homeworld is much better when it comes to past atrocities," he said to reassure her that he wasn’t holding anything of this against her, or even anyone else on Dathomir.

“So…..can you see a way out? Or up?” She asked slipping to her buttocks, “Or are you planning to wait for the next rancor and give a good talking too?” she teased.

"I was already taming rancors before you were born... well before our daughter was born." Adrian shot back. He approached the iron gate and tried to push it open. To his surprise it wasn´t too hard. "Seems whoever last left the place forgot to properly lock the door behind them." He turned back to Marie. "Do you have your rope with you?"

“Liar! Fluffy was already trained!” She reached to her hip and found her rope. “Yeah, but it’s the shorter rope for binding not pulling clumsy husbands out of holes.”

"Maybe I should bind you with it when I get out of here," Adrian 'muttered' loud enough for Marie to hear. "Then I guess it’s either you climb down to me or we go separate for until we find some stairs?"

“I suggest we go our separate ways but keep within calling distance.” She started to stand up and held her glowstick out, “I’ll head in that direction and see what I can see.” Adding in a mutter, “as if you could get the better of me…” Marie began to skirt around the pit, watching where she put her feet as there was a lot debris on the floor, less plants due to the darkness. “Still hear me?”

"I can, at least from here." Adrian said as he pushed himself through the halfway opened gate, glad he had taken two glowrods when they had entered. Behind the gate a large dark corridor awaited him, to the left and right of it he saw equally large cells, each locked with a similar iron gate, one still holding the skeletal remains of a rancor. In the past Adrian wouldn´t have been too unnerved by this but now, having formed a bond with Fluffy the dead rancor hit him as much as the human bones in the pit.

Moving to the opposite side she found an opening. "I found a doorway, "I'm going to take a quick look." She entered, continuing to light her way and came across some stairs heading down. "You down there?" She called.

"I found the place they kept the poor rancors," Adrian yelled in hopes Marie would hear him. As he made his way further, he noticed a set of stairs leading up, but also another doorway, where he saw something he hadn´t expected to find in a place like this.

Marie could hear him but she wasn't sure if it was in front of her or behind her. Following her gut feeling she pushed on and proceeded to descend the stone stairs, more creatures scurried away and she was glad she couldn't see them. The place was alive with life but nothing big as far as she could tell. "Adri?" She called.

"Mistress?" Adrian said, glad to hear her coming down the steps. He usually only called her that when he was annoyed by her, or when she called him Adri

“What have I told you about that?!?!” She snapped, hating the name he called her when he was tormenting her. “I swear Adrian, I will lock the gate and leave you here.” She stopped on the steps, “Or better still I will feed you to Fluffy!”

"I would love to see you try that," Adrian replied coming up a few steps to meet her. But his conscience did bring him to add, "but sorry, Sweets."

“Sure you are.” She muttered glowering at him, softening a little at the mention of her former callsign. Adalia had given it to her due to her love for sweet food, chocolate in particular. She’d been overwhelmed when she discovered the woman grew cocoa beans on her home estate and owned a small chocolate production business. “What did you find? I sensed you were surprised by something.” She pushed on.

"Something I didn’t expect down here, a desk lamp, still glowing."

Marie raised her eyebrows. "That is..........strange. It’s been hundreds of years!" She stepped down to be beside him, "Show me."

"With pleasure," Adrian said as he took her hand and lead her down the stairs. Into the hallway opposing the animal cells. There in a large room, on a stone desk several objects rested in the light of a desk lamp. As he stepped closer Adrian grinned as he recognized it, "it’s from Eriadu, a product of House Neris, said to run for a thousand years, seems it was more than just advertisement speak. Lamps like these are sold in the whole galaxy."

“Wow, that is impressive………….” She looked closer. “So that came here when ………….Allya did?” She turned to him. “Are these lamps that old?”

"I think so, I´m not Ilona but I think house Neris has been around for many generations," Adrian said as he further examined the lamp, it was connected to a small, makeshift generator behind the desk. "If I had to guess than Allya owned one of these or the Jedi gave it to her before she was sent into exile." He turned his gaze from the lamp to the other items on the desk, one of which he recognized, taking it, he took a step back and activated the lightsaber. Nothing happened.

Marie stared in disbelief; she was sure she knew whose blade that was. “Put it down.” She hissed stepping back.

Adrian felt shocked at her harsh words and quickly put the weapon back. "Sorry, just thought..." As he did so he noticed something else, something also connected to the generator.

Marie swallowed hard, she had a feeling awe and disbelief washing over her. Was this place what she suspected it was, was this place sacred? "I think we should leave here."

"Are you sure? Couldn’t it have been this place that drew us here?" he pointed at the small pyramid next to the lamp. "Is that a holocron?"

“How do you know about them?” Marie asked astonished. Most the galaxy didn’t know about holocrons, they were strictly Jedi or Sith, and Marie had only ever heard about them, not seen one.

"Dad mentioned them, maybe he knew from Amber Tehanis," Adrian explained.

"I really think we should go." Marie's up bringing was kicking in. She started to back out of the room, a sense of disturbing a sacred site creeping over her.

Adrian turned away his gaze from the desk and towards the door, his heart stopped for a second, someone was there, a shadow in the doorway, watching them.

The expression on Adrian’s face made Marie spin to see what had caused it, what she saw made her stop breathing.

@Sinrebirth

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the banter and how the fascinating discoveries continue! =D= Absolutely enjoy the tie-back to Amber and Adrian's dad. :cool:

A chocolate production business? That's my kind of business. ;)

Anedon likes this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL Mine too! Adalia owns a plantation estate where the grow cocoa. It would be my dream! :p There is a rich tapestry of connections with these two, it makes them fun. Thank you for reading [face_love]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Anedon like this.
  15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Marie couldn't believe what she was seeing. A woman, tall and lithe, in what looked to be leathers, long dark auburn hair and deep dark eyes, a gold band across her forehead with a gold disc in the center. She stood in the doorway; a hazy light glowed around her as the seemed to be glaring at Marie. Adrian had reacted so he must see her too. Marie swallowed hard, "who are you?" she asked cautiously.

Adrian could only see a shadow even as his eyes got used to the darkness it remained a shadow, nothing more. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, opened them again. Nothing but a shadow.

The woman moved her gaze to Adrian then back to Marie, speaking to the woman alone. “Is he yours?”

Marie glanced at Adrian. “He belongs to no one; he is his own man. I ask again who are you??”

"Is it, talking to you?" Adrian asked, instinctively stepping closer to Marie.

She glanced at him. "You can't hear her?" This had to be a vision. "Can you see her?"

"All I see is a shadow," her husband explained.

That confused Marie. “I see her, all of her.” She whispered.

“He will not see me, he is a man after all and therefore not worthy to be in my presence, or to stand at full height beside you. Why do you disobey the laws I created?” The woman’s voice was cold.

Suddenly Marie’s heart began to race, she knew who she was seeing, who she was speaking too. “Your ways are of the past, he’s more worthy than most and he stands beside me as my partner, not my slave.” She stated clearly. “Are you Allya?” she asked directly.

"Allya?" Adrian whispered. Marie defending him filled his heart with confidence and so he said, "so you are the one responsible for this? You should have been fed to the rancor’s not all those innocent men."

The eyes of the woman glowed brightly as she lifted her arms “SUCH INSOLENCE!! HOW DARE THIS MALE SPEAK TO ME LIKE THIS?” She bellowed. “HE MUST BE STRUCK DOWN!!!”

Marie moved to stand in front of Adrian. “If you are who I think you are, you will have to kill one of your own to reach him.” She defended, stepping back to be against Adrian. “You hurt him, you hurt your own blood!”

Adrian was moved by Marie´s action but he wouldn´t let the love of his life fight this battle alone. So, he stepped next to her. "We will fight her together when it comes to it."

"I am Allya!" She announced, "I am your Goddess! You will do as I ask and you will allow this male to die for his transgression!"

Marie gave an almost half smile. "No, I won't, no...." She glanced at him, "WE Won't." She was more than proud of his courage beside her.

Adrian asked himself how they even should fight a shadow like that, but standing next to Marie had taken away and fear he might have had. "When we are done with her, we should feed her corpse to Fluffy." he said with half a smile.

“Don’t push it!” Marie hissed. “Show yourself to him, allow him to hear you and see you. Unless you are afraid of him?” She challenged.

Allya stood glowering at them both, attempting to scare them, to get the man to back down, the woman to follow the old ways, but it was clear this was a wasted effort. She suddenly softened her stance, closing her dark eyes and opening them again to reveal a softer look. “He may hear me now, I cannot make him see me.” She conceded. “I am Allya, but not the one of your Clan’s stories, not the Witch you have heard about in stories. That was me, but it stopped being me later in my life.” She confessed. She moved forward, but not in steps, more of a floating movement. “I see you have found what I found, sadly too late in my life, you have found a man who is your equal, who would die for you as you would for him.” She looked to Adrian, “Do not let his fate be that of my lover.”

Adrian was confused, too confused to react right away. Now he heard a voice, yet the shadow remained just that. Whatever she, Allya was now she seemed to be more ghost than a being of flesh and blood. "You are saying...?" He stuttered, "you say... you changed?"

“You hear her?” Marie asked hopefully without waiting for an answer she turned to hear the answer to Adrian’s question.

The figure bowed her head once, “yes, I found late in my life what you two have found now. I quickly saw the world, my world, through my beloved Kellan and it was not the image I wanted anymore.”

Marie frowned. “The man bound in the other room, was that……..” She couldn’t finish the question.

Another slow nod. “He tried to defend me against my daughters. I tried to guide them to change, to show them I had been so very wrong, but they had grown accustomed to their lifestyle and they tried to kill him, blaming him for my change of mind. I fought, I was wounded and fell on the alter.” She paused and clasped her soft glowing hands before her, “I tried to stop them, but they bound him and stabbed him……over and over…..and over.”

"So that´s your blood on the Alter?" Adrian asked, still unsure what to make of this situation. The apparition had changed its tone, but he was still suspicious. Had her earlier words been a test?

“Yes, my wound was a mortal one and my daughters made the decision to allow the Force to take me as it would alleviate their problem.”

Marie turned her gaze to the floor, this was not the story she had been told growing up, this was not the Dathomirian story of Allya. She was struggling to absorb the images being painted for her. She looked up. “Are you buried at the memorial or elsewhere?” She wondered if the alter her clan worshiped at was even sacred in any way.

"Yeah we only found his body," Adrian explained. Talking to a shadow was weird but the longer they spoke the more he slowly began to relax himself.

The image shimmered. “He remains there as they chose to leave him there. I have been buried but not as you believed, the falls, I am there.” She explained.

Marie was stunned. “The Misty falls? The namesake of our Clan? It’s your final resting place? I’ve been there many times; I’ve never seen a grave!”

Allya gave a serine smile. “The rock, the one you used to dive of child, the one the children play on, I am beneath it.”

"We´ve been there, haven´t we? Its where we go swimming?" Adrian asked.

Marie nodded, “We’ve dived from that rock.” She looked to the image. “Forgive us, we had no idea!” She explained, “It’s not what I was told, not what I believed, none of this is.”

“I know child, and you and all before you and after you will be forgiven. I have been watching, I have seen what you are, who you are. I see what this man has gone through to be here and I see you both are the key to the future of this world, the image I had, I fought for and died for. I would ask one favour of you both.”

"What do you want us to do?" Adrian asked, now fully convinced that they weren’t in danger.

Marie waited as the question had been asked.

"I would have my Kellan with me, resting for eternity with me as he should have been." The image paused and shimmered golden, "my weapon. My Master told me it was my life; it should be with me in my death."

"We can do that," Adrian said. "If what you say is true you deserve to be reunited with him."

Marie gave a nod; this was a moment in her life she would never forget. She looked to Allya, "We will not speak of this, not yet. The time is not right yet, someday it will be, but today isn't that day."

"Thank you, my children, for you are both my children. Go, change your clan, change Dathomir and do it with my blessing." She gave a nod. "I will go now; Force be with you both." Moments later the shimmering image faded to black and the only light in the room was the glow sticks the couple had brought in.

Marie turned around, "the light?"

The lamp had gone out, no it had never been on it seemed. It had long since lost its energy. "It was an illusion as well, to lure us into this room." Adrian suspected. He took Allya’s lightsabre and handed it to Marie then he turned back around to the holocron. "We should take it as well; I think it contains the proof for what we learned here today. For the day when we reveal it."

Marie nodded silently as she took the holocron, it was time to go.

@Sinrebirth

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome and wonderful expansion of Dathomirian lore! =D=

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Adrian stood next to his wife next to the large rock they used to dive of when they came here to swim. They had brought the Bloma home but asked Sunil'na to take care of Vikki for a while longer while they did this. They had put the man´s skeleton into a makeshift bag and brought a shovel from their home to dig out a grave, but first there was another obstacle to overcome. "So how do we move the rock? How do we get to Allya’s grave?"

Marie had considered this for the entire journey home and back, now here she stood. "I've seen it done, no-one the tribe can do it, that I know of, but I can try." she said quietly staring at the rock.

"So, using the Force?" Adrian had seen Jedi do astounding things with it, but Marie had always been extremely humble when it came to her own abilities.

“Yeah,..” She muttered, “Just move it aside maybe, doubt I can lift it.”

"’I’m sure you could do that as well," her husband encouraged her. "You are a daughter of Allya after all." He had once heard that when using the Force, the most important thing was to believe in yourself.

Marie turned to him, “That means little, having the gift and knowing how to use it are two different things.” She explained. “Being born with the ability to touch the gift, doesn’t mean you are born knowing how to use it correctly.” She turned back to the rock. “Thankfully the rock doesn’t know that.”

Adrian nodded and took a step back to give Marie the space she might needed to work her 'magic' as the witches would call it. Instead he looked up the falls the setting suns red glow reflected on deep pool below them. It was at least ten if not fifteen meters up there and Adrian knew how afraid he had been when Marie had challenged him to take a dive from up there.

Marie took a deep calming breath, letting it out totally before closing her eyes, she held her hands out before her. As she was facing the rock, she didn’t need to see it, she knew it in my minds eye. She imagined it was light, like local volcanic rock that was porous, and imagined it rolling, slowly but away from its location. Pushing it with her mind and kept it moving in her mind, and in control. She didn’t want it to go too far.

First nothing happened, or at least nothing Adrian could see, but then, slowly, the rock began to shake, then to move, rolling a bit away from where it had laid, away from the pool. Revealing little but bare, muddy earth beneath it. "It’s working," he said giving Marie a smile.

She heard a voice but ignored it, focusing only on the rock, rolling it to where she wanted it. When done she gasped in a deep breath and fell to her knees, utterly spent.

Adrian rushed to Marie’s side as she fell to her knees. "Are you alright?" Glad that she didn’t seem to be hurt, just exhausted he took up the shovel. "I think you deserve a rest, let me dig while you catch your breath." Driving his shovel into the earth he began to work, wondering how deep her daughters had buried Allya.

Marie had waved him away, indicating she would be fine as she flopped to the side and leaned on her arm, taking deep breaths. Slowly she opened her eyes and watched silently as Adrian dug. “Carefully.” She said softly not wanting disturb the resting place of her distant grandmother.

Adrian nodded a continued a bit more deliberately than before. When he had reached about a meter deep into the ground, he saw it. A casket made of stone "Marie," he called for his wife.

Pushing herself to her hands and knees, Marie crawled over to see and was a little surprised. “They gave her a proper burial; I didn’t expect that.” She said quietly noting she was in a traditional casket of stone engraved with the ancient language she’d learned as child. She leaned closer. “It’s her.” She announced in wonderment, “It says so.”

"Maybe they still respected her at still at least somewhat," Adrian mused. "They did at least give up the whole feeding men to rancor’s stuff, that´s something." He made a pause before climbing out of the hole and gently brining the bag over to it. "You should do it, reunited them."

Then he climbed back into the hole and the shared a nod with Marie, before Adrian grabbed the stone and opened the casket.

Marie was astounded, the body inside was gone, the bones remained and arranged in a traditional position of arms crossed over the chest. “It looks like they respected her enough to do it right, but they didn’t want to listen to her.” She sighed, “they did stop what you said thankfully.” Leaning to the side she dragged the bag toward her. “I’m just going to empty the bones on top of her, its not traditional, but this isn’t traditional in any way.”

"I don’t think they would mind," Adrian agreed as he climbed out of the hole again to allow Marie to lay the bones to rest.

She had planned to pour them in but at the last moment she decided that was disrespectful and chose instead to lay each bone individually. It would take time, but it was worth it as it was important. Eventually each bone was resting beside Allya and Marie leaned back, the sun was getting low in the sky. “Rest easy now Kellan. I’m sorry it took so long.” She whispered before looking up to Adrian. “Close it please, I’m going to rest so I can put it back.” She moved away and lay down on the nearby greened area.

When Adrian was done, he spent a moment atop the now once again closer earth and muttered a "rest easy, mother and father of Dathomir, maybe we see each other again in the afterlife one day." Then he stood up and returned to Marie, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It’s done."

She’d fallen asleep, her mind needing the rest as she was very unused to the exertion it had taken. Opening her eyes, she smiled gently knowing her task ahead, but also knowing in her heart that the past was buried the way it should have been and that even though the time was not right for Dathomir to know the truth, that time would come.

"Marie," Adrian said, after a while. "When I die, I want to be buried with you, so we can be together, even beyond this life."

Anedon likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet and very deferential

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Nice you are still enjoying the story. :)

Epilogue

The falls where glowing in the sun, the water streamed loudly down into the basin where their kids where playing, swimming, spraying water on each other or diving down from Allya’s rock. In their own lizard hide bathing suits Adrian and Marie sat at the edge of the water watching them, while enjoying the warm summer sun on their skin. They had come here many times since that day over ten years ago when they had buried Kellan with Allya. Much had changed in their lives since then, Marie had found a brother and a crown, the twins had been born and the tribe as a whole had changed. But here at the falls things where as they always had been, well almost.

Marie sat with her arms wrapped about her legs bent up, her chin resting on her knees. She was content, the day was warm, the children happy and she was beside her one true love. She smiled gently.

Adrian took a hand of water and gently let it run down Marie´s neck and down her muscular body. Even now in her early forties his wife was still toned, still the warrior he had fallen in love with all those years ago.

Marie sat up gasping then turned and glared. "And you know that deserve retaliation!" She threatened.

Adrian gave her a teasing grin. "Is that so?"

She smiled and gave her head a shake, she knew he loved to torment her, and she knew where it often led. "No...not getting to me this time."

Adrian grinned, and decided to go a step further and took another handful. "Let’s test that statement, shall we?"

She sensed his second assault before it happened and rolled away, sitting up again. “Let’s not!”

"Spoilsport," Adrian said with a grin as he threw the handful water in Marie´s direction.

She ducked slightly where she lay on the thick green grassed area. The water had encouraged much of the vegetation to flourish and constant attention in the warmer months meant it was trampled flat. Looking back at him she caught sight of the large rock and the children jumping off it. She smiled. "She'd love this I think." She said absently.

"I think so," Adrian said, his gaze following Ana and Julien for a second, seeing how the twins so readily took the dive together made him smile. "Think we did her proud, well them."

“Yeah………and I’m thinking its time we write down the truth, we show the elders the truth.” Her gaze returned to him, his clear eyes still sparkling with mischief. “What do you think?”

"We should, much has changed, the tribe deserves to know, maybe in time Dathomir as a whole," Adrian said, after a moment. When they had first discovered the truth, he knew sharing it would have endangered them. But now... the young witches stood behind Marie, behind both of them even, as did the former warlocks as did the now free males, even some of the older witches had at least made a few steps in their direction.

She nodded sagely. "I'll start tonight. You should too, two accounts of the same story, from two points of view will make it more real." She smiled as she lay on her stomach and crooked her finger toward him, indicating for him to come closer.

"The holocron will help no doubt," Adrian said he lay down next to her. It had taken them years but eventually they had been able to fix it. It indeed contained Allya’s private thoughts especially in her final years. They had so far only shown it to Sunil'na as well as Sahria and Davron. "But it’s a private thing so we should put her will into our own words." He made a pause, "maybe we could show it to your mother? If she vouches for it, any doubts the elders have will disappear." It was a bit risky but over the years Chalise had softened somewhat to her son in law as well as her grandkids and while she still saw males as beneath her, she at least seemed to have made an exception for Adrian and Julien.

Marie leaned against him as she thought. “I’ll think on that, one step at a time.” His skin was warm. “She’s not as far along as I’d hoped.” Marie closed her eyes; she was really content again.

"She has had these beliefs her entire life, I think a part of her is afraid of admitting she was wrong, while another part knows it’s true," Adrian mused. "Maybe showing her the holocron will help." He comfortingly placed his arm on Marie´s back.

Yes, this was perfect, her family, her husband, her clan, her world was perfect. “Only time will tell.”

"It will," Adrian said, just seconds before both he and his wife where hit by a wave of water from the pool, sprayed by their kids.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely serene setting and a nice discussion, as they bask in contentment