main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Deep

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by NickLitYouAFlame, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050720221443/starwars/images/1/14/Galaxy1.jpg]

Hello, and welcome. My name is Aldrin Okage and I?m the Captain and pilot of the exploratory and research CR70 corvette known as The Deep. Our vessel specializes in long missions into Wild Space. My last venture lasted six years and took me from one side of the galaxy to the other. While the time and distance may not seem desirable to you at the moment, there is a reason you are standing before me. Keep that to yourself for now. We'll have time for introductions later.

As a team, we will be exploring dangerous and untouched planets light-years from any recognizable civilization. Our goal is to find large deposits of minerals or remnants of ancient civilizations or anything that looks remotely valuable. This mission, however, is not for the faint of heart. You will be tested, on a day-to-day basis. And, your safety is not guaranteed.

If there aren?t any questions, I?d like to introduce you to your new home.

The Deep

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070618005323/starwars/images/f/f5/SunderedHeart-RotS.jpg] [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071213142414/starwars/images/a/af/TantiveIV_CR70.jpg]

Our ship is a modified Corellian Engineering Corporation CR70 corvette that has been retrofitted with a research lab and advanced armaments. The result is a lightning fast portable laboratory. The ship is separated into five parts. In the rear, the engine rooms and the hangar bay are located. This vessel is equipped with a landspeeder capable of seating ten. The crew cabins are located on the upper level of the port side. Directly beneath that is where the labs are. On the opposite side of the ship, on the upper level, is the armory. And beneath that is a storage bay. On the top of the craft, directly above the cabins and the armory are two ports to the four turbolasers.

The Crew

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081107190214/starwars/images/7/76/Rebel_scout_SWGTCG.jpg] [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081013182249/starwars/images/7/74/Doctor_TofG.jpg] [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090710174722/starwars/images/9/95/KelDorianJediInvestigator.JPG]

There are ten open spaces in the crew that need to be filled and they can be from any of the following categories.

Co-pilot
    Head researcher
    Assistant researcher
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Padawan
    Mercenary
    Scout
    Engineer
    Droid
    Gunner

While I don?t mind having crewmembers with similar backgrounds, I would prefer to cover all the bases. However, I will allow three from any one category. Unfortunately, beyond on that, I cannot waver.

The Application

Name:
    Homeworld:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    Profession: (Jedi, Researcher, etc.)
    Rank or Focus: (depends on your profession)
    Equipment (Optional): (include weapons)
    Brief History:

Rules

Because of the dangerous nature of our mission, I must ask that all crewmembers operate under the following expectations.

1. Obey the TOS at all times. I won?t tolerate a mutiny aboard my ship.
    2. Obey any directives from your captain. In other words, what I say is law.
    3. If you want a position on the crew, PM me your application, and we can discuss the possible terms of your contract. That would also be a great time to ask personal questions.
    4. Get ready, because we are about to embark on the greatest adventure you have ever experienced. Be smart and have fun and we?ll get along.

2. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    As of today, one crew position is filled. We have a Jedi Knight joining us this time around. There are now nine crew spots open.

3. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Official Captain's Notice

We have our second crew position filled. A Barabel scout is the second new member of The Deep's crew.

Keep in mind that there are two positions taken, with three more being requested. That leaves a total of five free spots, unless something changes.

Here is a list of the requested crew positions:

Co-pilot
    Head researcher
    Assistant researcher
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Padawan
    Mercenary
    Scout
    Engineer
    Droid
    Gunner

Positions that are bolded, refer to those that are already assumed. The ones that are in italics have been shown interest, but for which an application has not been sent. You may notice that the scout positions is bolded and italicized.

When applying for a crew position, please consider that I would prefer a fully rounded crew. If you want to apply, but have questions, don't hesitate to send me a message.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005

Co-pilot
    Head researcher
    Assistant researcher
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Padawan
    Mercenary
    Scout
    Engineer
    Droid
    Gunner

Positions that are bolded, refer to those that are already assumed. The ones that are in italics have been shown interest, but for which an application has not been sent. You may notice that the scout positions is bolded and italicized.

GM APPROVED

Name: CKO-127
    Race: Droid
    Homeworld: N/A
    Site of first activation: Paqwepor Major in the Paqwepori cluster
    Personality: Dogged and tenacious personality, a heap of duty and self preservation.
    Appearance: From servo-hips up has a chasis similar to a 3PO unit except a portable scanner fastened onto its back and the red rectangular photo-receptors. From the hips down the droid has dual magneto-plated retractable spine studded tread system with a motivator/battery chasis in a T shape instead of legs, which allows 360 degree swivel of upper torso, two storage compartments, and integrated substance analyzer.
    Profession: Protocol and survey droid.
    Rank or Focus: Below the lowest rank with a broadened scope of focus. Primary focus protocol and preservation.
    Equipment (Optional): Portable scanner, electro-prod, stun pistol, micro-substance analyzer, fire blade, and multi-tool

Brief History: First activations can be telling, CKO-127 otherwise known as See-Ko, was first activated after delivery to the bazaars of Paqwepor Major where an old haggler needed something to aid in the deals it fashioned with passing customers. Since the laws were vague, sometimes an unbiased translator that would directly state the sellers desires without reaction to bold faced lies, tall tales, and the occasional over expression of monetary pursuit was needed. This existence of being the ?go between? for his employers contact with aliens lasted for just over five years until an explorer in need of a translator paid to purchase him.
    Once the year of exploration was over the explorer sold him for a markedly low price with mutterings that he was nearly worth as much as scrap as a droid. Thus began the efforts for survival on the part of See-Ko after being sold to a Twi?lek on Ryloth, first was his willing to follow a group of retreating bandits to their ship. Who seeing a free resource used his services in a negotiation on Nar Shadaa, where he was thrown in as part of the deal. As part of the Hutt?s droid pool, an admitted step in the wrong direction did lead to several bartering sessions where he traded his services or knowledge for credits and eventually upgrades to programming and chassis.
    After many years he was able to allow a new model called a 3PO unit to replace him and paid for his own selling to an ?employee management assistant? position at the Fondor ship yards surface office. By this time his upper chassis was the focus of most upgrades in processors and programming. After five years at Fondor and garnering and spending favors he was able to ?cash in? so to speak with a new lower chassis of a more efficient and variable use design. Which eventually saw him using his new magnetized treads to reach a malfunctioning droid control brain below the surface and ?talked it down?. After that he was manumitted by his present owner and given his freedom when their section was being shutdown for automation processes to be further instituted. With his leave he signed on with the Exploration Corps, which saw further use and occasionally sympathetic co-workers that helped to further his progression by integrating a portable scanner onto his back that furthered his usefulness in the Exploration Corps.
    Eventually a change was needed and reassignment as an option became available.

5. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008

Co-pilot
    Head researcher
    Assistant researcher
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Padawan
    Mercenary
    Scout
    Engineer
    Droid
    Gunner

Kid Tested, GM Approved!

Name: Vatak-sha
    Race: Barabel
    Homeworld: Barab I
    Personality: Vatak-sha is a consummate professional hunter. Even for a Barabel, he tends to be emotionally closed-off. He often seems grouchy to non-Barabels, but he is not really particularly aggressive, (at least not by the standards of his species). Vatak-sha is very loyal to beings whom he feels have earned it, anther common Barabel trait. His former employer Berren Vel was one such being. He also has great respect for Jedi. Despite his demeanor, Vatak-sha has a healthy respect for the creatures he hunts. He respects their power and place in the various ecosystems to which they belong. He has a lot of experience in capturing animals alive, and prefers to do this unless the animal in question is directly endangering him or a being for which he is responsible, although he has no serious qualms about killing animals either. He considers capturing live game to be a greater test of skill. Nothing annoys him more than people who hire him out as a guide and then endanger themselves by disobeying his instructions in the wild. He has a lot of practical knowledge relating to the field of zoology, though he has no formal education, and he sees the biological sciences as a worthwhile pursuit.
    Appearance: Vatak-sha?s appearance is that of a typical Barabel, although few citizens of the greater galaxy have seen one of his species. His scales are dark green. He wears common Barabel scout?s clothing, including a chestpiece, pauldrons, and arm guards made of light plasteel, all in any earthy greenish-brown color. He also wears a utility belt and ammunition bandolier made of hka?ka leather, and large synthetic leather boots that he got surplus from the Republic military. His favorite piece of clothing, however, is a wide-brimmed gundark-hide slouch hat with 12 shenbit bonecrusher teeth from kills and captures he?s made set in the band around the hat.
    Profession: Scout
    Rank or Focus: Game Hunter
    Equipment: Modified SoroSuub X-38 Sporting Blaster Rifle, DH-23 blaster pistol, 2 Energy Bolas, Clip-pointed hunting knife, modified GL-11sa Grenade Launcher, 3 modified RGL-73 electronet grenades, 6 Merr-Sonn G-18 ?glop? grenades, stun baton, electrobinoculars, rebreather, mesh trap, several carbon filament tripwires and trap triggers, specially-made thermal parka (which he needs for cold environments due to his being cold blooded), specially-designed man trap made for use on large fauna.
    Brief History: Descended from a long line of hunters, Vatak-sha followed the tradition almost as soon as he was able under the tutelage of one of his nest-fathers. Vatak-sha had a bit less fear of the unfamiliar than his peers, and when a Human named Berren Vel came to the remote world of Barab I to capture rare fauna for a traveling zoo he ran, Vatak-sha went along on the strange alien?s expedition. Vel was impressed enough with Vatak-sha?s abilities to offer him a permanent position helping to track and capture live game on other planets. Vatak-sha took the offer and spent almost ten years traveling the galaxy with Vel, helping him collect specimens for the zoo. Vatak-sha gained some recognition through his association with the zoo, and has more experience at capturing live specimens than many other game hunters one might encounter in the galaxy. In his time with Vel, Vatak-sha captured game on planets as diverse as Naboo, Bothawui, Rodia, Kamar, and Vendaxa. Vel retired a few years ago, and though the traveling zoo still exists as an enterprise, Vatak-sha left when his employer did, seeking newer and more challenging game to hunt. Since then he has taken various private contracts, allowing him to make a decent living, but the opportunity to hunt totally undiscovered animals with the crew of The D

6. RuneEisahn

RuneEisahn Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 10, 2008

Co-pilot
    Head researcher
    Assistant researcher
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Padawan
    Mercenary
    Scout
    Engineer
    Droid
    Gunne

GM APPROVED!!!

Name: Rune Eisahn
    Race: Human
    Homeworld: Telos
    Personality: A very pleasant individual with much personality. Can be much more friendly and open than most Jedi, but it doesn't mean he can't be serious. He's very calm most of the time, despite the fact he is easy to anger. However, he can be very unpredictable with his moods and habits. Something he is quite comfortable with.
    Appearance: About 5'8 ft tall with short mousy brown hair and a matching (and growing) beard, usually dresses in conventional Jedi Robes. He has light blue eyes and a short scar going across his left eye. Due to years of training he is extremely fit, both lean and muscular.
    Profession: Jedi
    Rank or Focus: Jedi Knight
    Equipment (Optional): Usual Jedi tactical gear, Cerulean blue lightsaber
    Brief History:Rune is extremely secretive when it comes to his past, but what is known is that he was born on the planet Telos and taken from his parents at a young age by the Jedi. As he soon began to learn in the arts of the Force and the ways of the Jedi, he began to question himself. Both his place in the Order and the Galaxy. All of this happening at the young age of eight. From his years as a youngling, Rune was seen by his instructors as something as a rarity. A boy with the foresight to not see just himself, but others around him as well. That and his sheer willpower and determination set him apart from his fellow younglings. It was through these years of training did Rune work on the basic fundamentals of being a Jedi. However, he found that he was much more skilled in the use of a lightsaber. At the age of thirteen, Rune was chosen to be the apprentice of the extraordinary Jedi Master Ryshin Thraell, a well respected member of the Order.

Under Thraell's mentor ship, Rune learned all new aspects of the Force, learning not just the ways of the Jedi, but the ways of the Galaxy and the Republic. Through both of their numerous travels, Rune learned several languages such as Huttesse, Rodian, etc. He also learned the importance of diplomacy and even learned a bit about politics and politicians. Also, under the tutalage of his masterful and talented mentor, Rune improved his lightsaber skill to such a degree that when seen sparring with his master, left several Knights and Masters speechless. Aside from his lightsaber skills, Rune also delved his talents into the study of the Force, learning quite a few interesting techniques, one of them quite rare.

The two, Master and student, traveled across the Galaxy, completing missions with substantial success. However, it was on one mission that all of Rune's training would be tested. A Jedi Master had defected from the Order to follow the lure of the Dark Side and had gained several Mercenary allies and with them, the Dark Jedi began to amass power in the Outer Rim. The High Council, growing worried, had dispatched both Master Thraell and Rune to deal with the growing threat to peace. Arriving on the heavy metropolitan world of Ketral IV, the two Jedi followed the Fallen Jedi's trail to a heavily fortified base. Splitting up, both Rune and Ryshin had managed to infiltrate the base. Quietly, the two met up and made their way to the Fallen Jedi and finally confronted him.

Together, both Rune and his master engaged the fallen Jedi Master in a ferocious duel. However, Ryshin had been temporarily incapacitated when the fallen Jedi Master hurled a heavy object at his head. In anger and concern for his Master, Rune succumbed to his anger and attacked the Dark Jedi in fury. But, do to his anger and his rashness, the Dark Jedi was able to injure Rune across his left eye. Just as the Dark Jedi was to make his finishing move, he was killed by Ryshin's lighstaber impaling him through the chest. Such was Rune's first real encounte

7. Agent93

Agent93 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2011
    Ramza Edit: CS removed at GM's request

8. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    First, I want to apologize profusely for my horrible conduct as GM. I have various excuses that mean very little to all of you waiting for me to start this game. While, I am still on a restricted post schedule, I am going to try my best to get this started up in the next week.

That being said, if you are no longer interested, please feel free to shoot me a PM explaining such. I will understand. Otherwise, expect a PM soon for the start of the game.

Agent93, expect a PM immediately.

9. dreven_Aarkanin

dreven_Aarkanin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2010
    GM APPROVED!

Name: Kryo Vel
    Race: Anomid
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Personality: Quiet, extremely reserved. he doesn't quite know how to talk to people, so he comes off as creepy.
    Appearance: dark purple skin
    Profession: head researcher
    Rank or Focus: xenobiology
    Equipment (Optional): Holorecorder, flimsiplast notebook, vocalizer, dark robe, hold-out blaster
    Brief History: Quiet as a child, Kryo was regarded as extremely strange by his family and fellow children. he had no friends, he merely watched his fellow children at play, quietly recording their movements. they puzzled and intrigued him at the same time, and he wanted to know how they ticked, why exactly they did this or didn't do that. taking his curiosity to a new level, during his teen years he hung out near the local spaceport, recording every species he could see, putting down information he learned into his holobook.

finally forced off his planet for sneaking into spaceport records, his curiosity only increased as he realized there was a galaxy of new species out there.

10. Agent93

Agent93 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2011
    Sorry I havn't posted much so I cant send PM's so I will have to post my application here!

Name:Hairt Orran
    Homeworld: Dantooine
    Personality: Hairt is a very old and grumpy retired engineer and has recently settled down on Coruscant to live peacefully refusing to do any work unless it is for friends or family. Hairt can be very harsh and hurtful towards others once he is angry. He can also seem very distant and unfriendly until you get to know him.
    Appearance: Hairt is old man with a bald head and is clean shaven. green eyes and he only has one ear. He wears blue robes that reach down to his toes and look very regal on him.
    Profession: Engineer
    Rank/Focus: Starship Engineer
    Equipment: Engineering Equipment, Thermal Detonators, Standard Blaster.
    Brief History: Hairt was born and Dantooine to an extremely poor family and his family desperately needed money to survive so they sold Hairt to a Bounty Hunter. The Bounty Hunter treated Hairt well and after showing considerable mechanical skills trained him to become an engineer. Hairt served with this bounty hunter until he was 27 when he was given his freedom. Hairt set up a business on Dantooine where he would repair ships for bounty hunters and provde a safe haven for them. Due to this work Hairt was respected by the bounty hunters who knew him and in turn they provided him with protection from anyone who threatened him. When he was 65 Hairt was providing a haven for a bounty hunter who was on the run from the Republic but the Republic had tracked his position and a firefight erupted in Hairts property. Once the bounty hunter had been killed by the Republic the Jedi asked Hairt what he was doing with a dangerous bounty hunter, Hairt told the Jedi that he was attacked by the bounty hunter and was given safe transport back to coruscant where Hairt retired to in his old age. Hairt was bored of the easy life on Coruscant, after the excitement of working with bounty hunters he needed something else in his life. Hairt noticed that a man named Aldrin Okage was preparing for a space voyage and needed an engineer. So he requested to join the expedition. Hairt noticed that Jedi would be on board and he didn't like the sound of that but he would deal with that hurdle once he got to it.

11. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Tevin "Chaos" Katal
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Personality: Loner; Dependable; Rigid; Stern
    Appearance: 2 meters tall, 230lbs, built like a shockball player. Wears appropriated stormtrooper armor painted black. Right eye is cybernetic. Scar running along right side of his face
    Profession: Mercenary
    Rank or Focus: N/A
    Equipment (Optional): 2 DL-44 blaster pistols; Double barrel blaster rifle; black stormtrooper armor; small vibroblade tucked in boot
    Brief History: Orphaned at a young age on Corellia, Tevin lived on the streets for years before joining the military academy. He was such a loose cannon that he was eventually kicked out of the academy, but not before earning the nickname "Chaos" for all the trouble that seemed to flow in his wake. Taking the skills he learned on the street, plus what he had learned at the academy, he became muscle for hire, often guarding cargo for smugglers and ship captains transporting goods to Treasure Ship Row. During this time Tevin became more focused and made a name for himself as an excellent fighter. He became a mercenary, working for the highest bidder. His record as a mercenary was unparalleled, and soon the nickname Chaos took on a new meaning as his abilities left towns and armies in a hurricane of chaos when he was done with them. With the credits being offered to join the crew of The Deep, Tevin has accepted the new contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.