main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Definitive Thread to Rank All Star Wars Films (in terms of Your Favorite), TPM to TROS

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 28, 2019.

?

Which Film is Your Favorite?

1. Episode I: The Phantom Menace

11 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Episode II: Attack of the Clones

11 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

70 vote(s)
    24.0%
  4. Episode IV: A New Hope

41 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

92 vote(s)
    31.5%
  6. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

29 vote(s)
    9.9%
  7. Episode VII: The Force Awakens

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

18 vote(s)
    6.2%
  9. Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. Rogue One / Solo

12 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Previous Thread Locked. This is the definitive Thread to Rank your favorite Star Wars Films as well as to state your reasons for your ranks.

Please Note: Due to a technical limitation, we needed to combine Solo/Rogue One into one choice. In your post, please indicate the order of all 11 films.

cubman987 likes this.
  2. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. Solo
    8. The Last Jedi
    9. Revenge of the Sith
    10. Attack of the Clones
    11. The Rise of Skywalker

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  3. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This where I'm at right now...

1. ANH
    2. ESB
    3. RotS
    4. R1
    5. RotJ
    6. TPM
    7. AotC
    8. Solo
    9. RoS
    10. TFA
    11. TLJ

I've only seen TLJ and RoS once each. I'm fairly certain TLJ will stay where it is, but I could see RoS moving up or down depending on how further viewings go.

4. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Solid top three:
    1. ANH
    2. ESB
    3. TLJ

Mushy "middle":
    4. RotJ
    5. TFA
    6. RO
    7. Solo
    8. TRoS
    9. RotS

The bottom:
    10. TPM
    11. AotC

5. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    1. Attack of the Clones 9/10
    2. Revenge of the Sith 8.5/10
    3. The Empire Strikes Back 8/10
    4. Star Wars 8/10
    5. The Phantom Menace 7.5/10
    6. Return of the Jedi 6.5/10
    7. Solo 6/10
    8. Rogue One 5.5/10
    9. The Last Jedi 5/10
    10 The Force Awakens 4/10
    11. The Rise of Skywalker 1/10

6. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The two standalone live action-movies are too different in genre and style both from each other and from the Skywalker movies, that it seems inappropriate for me to rank them with the others, so I’m just going to rank the saga movies from my least favorite to me favorite:

9. ATTACK OF THE CLONES - I go back and forth on whether to place this one or TPM on the bottom. In the end, this one takes the hit because it’s most embarrassing scenes are actually central to the whole trilogy: I just couldn’t get invested in the romance between Padmé and Anakin, making Episodes 1 & 2 seem nonessential to the overall story. This is supremely frustrating, because I know if they were done better, it would have justified the existence of 1 and 2. That being said, I found much of the action to be entertaining, though either brief or broken up by moments of intended humor that was groan-worthy or unintended humor that was embarrassing.

8. THE PHANTOM MENACE
    Probably the most boring of the saga movies, but visually amazing. Jar Jar was embarrassing, but negligible as the ineffectiveness of his humor did not take away from main plot.

7. A NEW HOPE
    Hear me out. I love this movie. I just happen to love the 6 higher ranked saga movies better. It’s lowest of the ones I love mainly because it starts off way too slow with the droids, and the other just seem more polished to me and flow better.

6. REVENGE OF THE SITH
    The best of the George Lucas - directed saga movies, in my opinion. ANH was probably more skillfully directed, but i found the story here to be more complex and emotional. Still clunky in certain areas, but light years ahead of the other two prequels, and only one truly cringeworthy moment (Vader’s “nooooooo”). On the whole, it’s a pretty powerful episode

5. THE FORCE AWAKENS
    Probably the funniest entry IMO, it’s basically an ANH do-over, but slightly more polished and with updated visuals. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but like any of the opening chapters, it’s thinner on story than the follow ups.

4. THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
    Just as fun as TFA, but with a culmination of saga story points to make it more captivating. Would have gotten an even higher place were it not for my major issues with the idea that they really had no clear story justification for bringing the emperor back. It is intended as the series finale but the sense of finality is far too eroded by the fact that the rules of the emperor returning aren’t clear.

3. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
    The best made of the original trilogy by far. All the elements are blended perfectly and it flows so, so well. Would have been my second favorite were it not for personal reasons.

2. RETURN IF THE JEDI
    So, even though this one was as bit clunky, the Luke/Vader/Emperor scenes are the most compelling of the OT and the moment when Darth Vader, one of the baddest movie villains of all time, sacrifices his life to save Luke is the single most life-changing moment I’ve ever experienced at the theatre. Granted I was 5, but it was the first time I was introduced to the very challenging idea that no one, not matter what they’ve done, is completely beyond salvation. So that stuck with me and made it my person favorite until the following entry:

1. THE LAST JEDI
    I unapologetically love this movie to no end. Yes, the Mary Poppins Leia thing looks kinda silly (though it technically does make sense), and I’m a bit annoyed at the slow motion Matrixy shot of Luke dodging the lightsaber, but that’s about it for irritations, and they are extremely minor. The film was such a fresh and brilliantly executed story about failure which seamlessly took off from where TFA ended and opened up great potential for the final chapter (which I think TROS only partially jumped off from, but kind of chickened out in the end). I was very surprised that I loved it more than the final two OT movies, but there you have it.

7. JediBlack

JediBlack Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    Masterpieces
    1. A New Hope
    2. Revenge of the Sith

Great
    3. The Empire Strikes Back
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Force Awakens

Good
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace

Disappointing
    The Last Jedi, The Rise of Skywalker...not sure which order yet.

Tay Neir, Def Trooper, Libs and 3 others like this.
  8. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    2. A New Hope
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. The Force Awakens
    5. The Rise of Skywalker
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Rogue One
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Solo
    11. Attack of the Clones

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  9. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    1. TESB
    2. Rogue One
    3. ANH
    4. ROTJ
    5. TFA
    6. ROTS
    7. TROS
    8. TPM
    9. TLJ
    10. AOTC

5 - 7 can all fluctuate... and there's a decent sized gap between 3 and 4 and a huge gap between 4 and 5.

Didn't rank solo because I don't remember what happened in that film.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Ah, I've been waiting for this thread. As of now, I've only seen TROS once, so this could change down the line. After giving it some thought, this is where I stand right now:

1. Rogue One
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. The Empire Strikes Back
    5. The Rise of Skywalker
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. A New Hope
    9. Solo
    10. Attack of the Clones
    11. The Phantom Menace

Bor Mullet and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. A New Hope
    4. The Rise of Skywalker
    5. The Last Jedi
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. Rogue One
    8. Revenge of the Sith
    9. Solo
    10. Attack of the Clones
    11. The Phantom Menace

The ST films and Rogue One are all real close, probably will see them move around at times after seeing them all more.

obi1jedinite and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  12. Solister

Solister Jedi Knight

Dec 28, 2019
    Bronze:
    11. Attack of the Clones - 4,5
    10. The Last Jedi - 5,0
    9. Solo - 6,5

Silver:
    8. The Phantom Menace - 6,7
    7. Return of the Jedi 7,5
    6. The Force Awakens - 7,7

Gold:
    5. A New Hope - 8,0
    4. Revenge of the Sith - 8,3
    3. Rise of Skywalker - 8,5

Diamond:
    2.2 Heir of the Empire - 8,7
    2.1. The Mandalorian - 9,0
    2. The Empire Strikes Back - 9,3
    1. Rogue One - 9,5

As a fan, I'd say any movie above Phantom Menace (Including this one) is actually very enjoyable. Solo, TLJ and AotC were very boring in my opinion. Don't think it fits this thread specifically, but added Mandalorian and Heir of the Empire to the list. Haven't finished HotE, but I've an idea where it will fit.
    Also, a week ago I was saying TROS was the best SW movie, now rethinking a bit and diving into RO content, I've downgrade it a little, but it's still an awesome movie.

Bor Mullet and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    OT, R1
    ST, Solo, The Mandalorian

PT, CW, Rebels

Resistance

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  14. OmegaKhaos

OmegaKhaos Jedi Knight

Nov 16, 2012
    1.Revenge of the Sith 10/10 or 9.99999999/10
    2.Return of the Jedi 9.7/10
    3.Attack of the Clones 9.6/10
    4.The Empire Strikes Back 9.5/10
    5.The Phantom Menace 9.3/10
    6.A New Hope 9/10
    7.Rogue One 8.1/10
    8.Solo 8/10
    9.Rise of Skywalker 7.5/10
    10.The Force Awakens 7/10
    11.The Last Jedi 6/10

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  15. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. The Force Awakens
    5. Rogue One
    6. Solo
    7. The Phantom Menace
    8. Revenge of the Sith
    9. The Rise of Skywalker
    10. The Last Jedi
    11. Attack of the Clones

TripleZero and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    ROTS- 10/10
    ESB- 10/10
    TPM- 9/10
    AOTC- 8/10
    Solo- 7.5/10
    ANH- 7/10
    ROTJ- 6/10
    TLJ- 5/10
    RO- 4/10
    TFA- 2/10
    TROS- 1/10

17. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    ROTS
    ESB
    TPM
    ANH
    ROTJ
    AOTC

Darth Nobunaga and KSennia like this.
  18. Metal Lord

Metal Lord Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2016
    There is no too firm order, just two categories:
    Best: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, Solo
    Could have been more interesting: 2, 7, R1

1, 8 and 9 are way better than many unterstand.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  19. Raquel

Raquel Jedi Padawan

Dec 28, 2017
    1.A New Hope
    2.The Phantom Menace
    3.Revenge of the Sith
    4.Attack of the Clones
    5.The Empire Strikes Back
    6.Return of the Jedi
    7.The Force Awakens
    8.The Last Jedi
    9.Rise Of Skywalker
    10.Rogue One
    11.Solo

20. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Love these threads. Prepare for word vomit.

So, I've ranked the movies before and can again, but what I've found is that the specific positions of most of the films very often change depending on my mood, state of mind, which I've seen most recently, etc. Ultimately, I enjoy watching all of the movies and the middle of my lists is very malleable due to this. However, I've found that I can divide the movies into three sections (or tiers as has become popular) where I can differentiate my favorites, from the okays, from the bad one even if within those sections the films would shift around. So, anyway, looks like this (films in the sections organized in release order):

My Favorites
    A New Hope
    The Empire Strikes Back
    The Last Jedi

The Okays
    Return of the Jedi
    The Phantom Menace
    Revenge of the Sith
    The Force Awakens
    Rogue One
    Solo
    The Rise of Skywalker

The Bad One
    Attack of the Clones

So now let's dig into each film and discuss why I organized it in its given section. In release order....

A New Hope

Not much to say on this one. This film just is Star Wars. I see a greater tendency in recent years for people to place this lower on their lists which I understand. This movie isn't particularly deep. The characters in just this one film are pretty shallow with only Han Solo seemingly having any real internal growth or conflict. What really elevates this film is that it goes after a particular goal (recreating old school sci-fi serials with samurai and western films influences) and accomplishes it so spectacularly. Unfortunately, in the decades since Hollywood has taken these accomplishments and recreated and in some cases improved them so if you come into Star Wars later it may seem underwhelming. That's not me, though, so I place it in my Favorites section.

The Empire Strikes Back

As a kid, this was my least favorite of the Star Wars Trilogy. I liked it well enough, but it just didn't do it for me the way the other two did at the time. I like the space battles, so Hoth didn't really interest me. Han and Leia on the Falcon was dull. Yoda is cool, but him training Luke also wasn't very exciting. Most of my enjoyment came from the fight with Vader near the end. As I've grown older, though, I've come to re-evaluate ESB. The lightsaber fight is still probably my favorite part of course, but I appreciate more now the character work on display with the Falcon and Dagobah sections. What ESB does is elevate the Star Wars character from fun space adventure characters to what feel like real people. We're no longer just filling archetypes (although we are still doing that), but now we feel for these characters as people. It also deepens the story with sacrifice of Han and Luke struggling with his identity. Great film and to be honest I do consistently rank this higher than ANH, but the other film in my favorites tends to challenge it more.

Return of the Jedi

Conversely to ESB, RotJ was my favorite as a kid and is now my least favorite of the OT. It had the best space battle, action and excitement throughout, not to mention the epic final showdown between Luke and Vader. Now, I still enjoy the battle against the DSII and the throne room section is some of the best Star Wars there is, but the rest of just feels a little sloppy now. Rescuing Han feels like it belongs in a different movie. Luke's return to Dagobah should be title Retcon the Scene. Leia's relation to Luke and Vader feels very hamfisted. The stuff on Endor is fine, but that's all it really is. Just about every fault that you can lay at the feet of the OT as a saga as a whole comes from this movie. This is why I throw it down into my Okay section.

The Phantom Menace

This movie gets a bad rap. I feel very confident that if it did not have the Star Wars name and the expectations that come with TPM would not be panned as the worst movie of all time but instead would be largely considered as a decent, but mostly forgettable sci-fi adventure film - at least by adults anyway. Kids who saw would mostly love it and as time passed it would be re-evaluated as a childhood treasure for many. I think we are seeing this to some extent with adults now who grew up with the PT being as much a part of Star Wars as the OT. For my part, I was a child when I saw TPM, but I was also already a fan of Star Wars from the OT so I'm kind of inbetween. My initial reaction coming out of the theatre was "I liked it, but it didn't feel like Star Wars". Of course, for many now TPM and the rest of the PT is as Star Wars as anything else and overall I appreciate it more now for pushing what Star Wars could be from a design perspective.

My feelings for TPM do come off as mainly positive in contrast to what the popular opinion as largely been on this film. Let me just break down what I like and what problems I do have with it. I like the adventure aspect of the film; that the cast sets out and goes on a journey together from the beginning to the end. I like seeing a wider perspective of the galaxy compared to the OT. I like all of the actors involved including Jake Lloyd. The PT really had some great casting which was set up by TPM. I do feel that the dialogue is very wooden even compared to ANH which had not amazing dialogue. Although the base plot is fairly simple, underneath it is very convoluted as to why these things are happening; this where the politics aspect comes in. I also disagree with some of the story choices made (like sidelining Obi-Wan for most of the movie; the droids feel a little forced in their inclusion; and others). Ultimately, in some ways I feel TPM is the best of the prequels overall, but still has flaws that hold it back in the Okay section.

Attack of the Clones

Yes, this is The Bad One. Let me clear: I still love AotC. I watch it as regularly as I watch any other Star Wars movie and I enjoy it every time. However, there are some glaring flaws with this film that make it very clearly The Bad One. The writing and dialogue is atrocious throughout. The actors struggle to provide any real emotion to these lines and I bet Lucas's direction made that all the more challenging. The plot is so convoluted it is almost nonsensical. This film hinges on two things: the romance between Anakin and Padmé and the mystery behind the clone army/Sith. Neither of these things is pulled off well at all. The only section of the film that I think unequivocally succeeds is the Tatooine section. That is some good stuff; everything else is problematic. I don't like being overly negative, so we'll just say this is The Bad One.

Revenge of the Sith

To be brief, this movie contains some of the best Star Wars and some of the worst Star Wars in one movie. The opera scene, Padmé's ruminations, Order 66 - all of these are peak Star Wars. Truly great stuff. It is fun to watch Anakin and Obi-Wan finally be the friends they were said to be in the beginning and watch them fight it out at the end. Conversely, Anakin and Padmé together is still horrible - as bad as anything in AotC. Anakin's fall overall is not set up super well; it kind of just happens. Padmé's death falls a little flat. And, again, some story decisions that just don't gel as well as they could have. The parts of RotS I like I really like, but the parts I don't like are just bad. Overall, it comes out as Okay.

The Force Awakens

2015 was a really weird year for me. First time opening a new year in the first house I bought. Bought a new car for the first time in nearly a decade. Enrolled in school and started going to school in the fall. Pursued my lost shot at a promotion with the company I'd worked at for over a decade and when I didn't get it left that company and changed my whole career. What I'm saying is a lot of Really Big Things happened to me in 2015 and throughout all of it was the anticipation and pure, unfiltered hype I had for TFA. 2015 was The Longest Year by far. No matter what else can be said about TFA, my memories of waiting for it, following the news and leaks about it, and the excitement and joy of finally getting to watch Episode VII will never be beat.

And I truly enjoyed it. TFA is a fun movie. I love the cast, I love the characters. The film is better crafted than 2/3s of the prequels. There is some really good stuff in here. Unfortunately, similar to RotS there is some bad stuff to knock it down a peg. I am disappointed by the reliance of OT imagery. This is true for all of the ST, but TFA is the one that set that standard. I would have preferred the film to expand what Star Wars was like the PT rather than stick so close to just what the first film had said 38 years prior. I do think the claims of this as just an ANH remake are bit a hyperbolic; that said I hate Starkiller Base. Not only is it Death Star 3.0 which is terrible, but even the execution of this is poorly done. If they had just had the cajones to introduce new ship designs and not introduce a poorly executed DSIII, this may well have been one of My Favorites, but instead it is merely Okay.

Rogue One

I don't have a lot of deep thoughts on RO. The anthology movies feel, to me, like the EU. They are fun because they are more Star Wars, but it also just feels like a holdover until the next real Star Wars movie. I really like the cast in RO, but we don't get to see them very long. I really like how well it fits with the prequels. Even though this takes place right on the OT's doorstep, it still does a pretty decent job at bridging the gap between the PT and OT. I think some of the plotting is a little messy in the beginning. The film doesn't really come together until our characters do. I am not a fan of the end Vader scene. It feels like gross fan service. I appreciate having RO as a film, but it just falls into my Okay category.

The Last Jedi

I love The Last Jedi. It makes a very strong case for being my favorite Star Wars film, but then I rewatch ESB and I think maybe not (but then I rewatch TLJ and I think, maybe yeah). This film has been very divisive. I've mostly stayed out of it at least since early 2018; the conversation was well played out by then. Suffice to say, though, that I wholeheartedly disagree with just about every criticism lobbied against this film. I think it captures the Luke perfectly considering the situation in the ST and it does as much as it can to propel Star Wars to new territory despite TFA's attempts to root it firmly in the past (disclaimer: not commenting on or implying any disagreement or conflict [or lack thereof] between JJ and RJ; this is just the effect the films themselves have on me). I love Ach-To; I love Canto Bight; I love Rey and Kylo teaming up and then Kylo turning on Rey; I love Crait and Luke's sacrifice and everything. This is surely the most beautiful Star Wars film.

Solo

I didn't really want a Han Solo movie. I remember feeling disappointment when that was announced as the next anthology movie. I would have preferred Kenobi or just about anything else. I kind of just rolled my eyes at all the production trouble. I wasn't invested enough in seeing the movie come out to be very concerned or interested in it. I did enjoy watching it, though. Its a fun movie. It overexplains Han Solo as expected. It is very convenient that everything needed to get Han Solo from where he is at the beginning of the movie to where he is at the beginning of ANH occurs in one adventure. That said, it is fun. That's really all I have to say on it. Pure Okay.

The Rise of Skywalker

And here we are. The latest one. I've seen it three times, so far. I love the cast as always. Luke, Han, and Leia are sacrosanct, to be sure, but I think Rey, Finn, and Poe have better chemistry. Kylo Ren is, I'm going to say it, much more interesting than Vader was. I see Kylo's redemption in the ST as kind of a mirror of what I wish how Anakin's fall in the PT had been portrayed as. It feels very believable, although I also would have bought him doubling down into staying evil as well. I love Rey choosing to be a Skywalker at the end of the film. I think that is very poignant although I wish the context had maybe been a smidge different. Regardless of anything else, these characters legitimize the ST for me.

I was of the opinion that Palpatine, or some legacy of Palpatine or something, had to be involved in the ST in some way for it to really feel the continuation of the story told in the PT and OT rather than just "more Star Wars". That said, I think the way they worked him in feels a little forced and kind of the easy way out. Similar to TFA, just bringing him back with barely a wink and a nudge as to how feels like they were just wanting to relive the OT rather than truly expand the story. I might have preferred if Snoke had ended up being Plagueis (Snoke being his non-Sith, birth name) and he really did find some way to cheat death for himself. This would have tied everything together and helped shape the whole saga in a new light rather than just "Well, Papa Palpatine is back, y'all." Its fine, its just not super interesting what they had done.

In line with that, I was disappointed as well that Rey was determined to be a Palpatine. Regardless of what was planned or not planned and regardless of which directed intended what, revealing Rey as a Palpatine feels like a retcon of the nobody reveal in TLJ and causes the ST to feel disjointed. Its the same disjointed feeling I have when they just haphazardly reveal that Leia is Luke's sister and ultimately it doesn't matter. It would have been better if they stuck with Rey Nobody or better built up Rey Palpatine.

Ultimately, similar to nearly all of my Okay movies, I enjoy and even really really enjoy many parts of TRoS. I look forward to many more viewings in the future. But there are also aspects of it that are disappointing and because of that I have to stick it in the Okay section.

TL;DR - ANH, ESB, TLJ are my favorites, AotC is my least favorite, and everything else is in a jumbled mess in the middle.

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Top tier:

1. The Phantom Menace 10/10
    2. Attack of the Clones 10/10
    3. Revenge of the Sith 9/10
    4. Rogue One 9/10

Mid Tier:

5. The Empire Strikes Back 8/10
    6. The Clone Wars 7/10
    7. Return of the Jedi 7/10
    8. A New Hope 6/10
    9. Solo 6/10

Don't Like Tier:

10. The Force Awakens 3/10
    11. The Rise of Skywalker 3/10
    12. The Last Jedi 2/10

22. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I love every star wars film. My current ranking:

1. TESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTJ
    4. TLJ
    5. TROS
    6. TFA
    7. RO
    8. Solo
    9. TPM
    10. ROTS
    11. AOTC
    12. TCW

obi1jedinite, Sarge and Link1130 like this.
  23. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    ANH :luke: 10/10
    TESB :yoda: 10/10
    ROTJ :vader: 9.5/10
    ROTS :emperor: 9/10
    Solo :han: 9/10
    TPM :amidala: 8.5/10
    AOTC :clone: 8/10
    RO :deathstar: 8/10
    TFA :bb8head: 5/10
    TROS :lando: 4/10
    TLJ :kylo: 3/10

Subject to change of course.

24. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Rogue one
    Empire strikes back
    Revenge of the sith
    A new hope
    Rise of Skywalker *one viewing)
    Return of the Jedi
    The force awakens
    The last Jedi
    The phantom menace
    Solo
    Attack of the clones
    (I won't be able to judge the mandalorian til march in UK but from what I've seen I'd put it halfway up maybe if we're counting it as a film part of saga)

25. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    Main Points:
    - TROS left me feeling the same way the Hobbit movies did, tired and apathetic.
    - General opinion of the sequel trilogy dropped.
    - Added the tv series but only numbered the movies.
    - The Mandalorian feels similar to the Solo movie for me - fun, not terribly clever but enjoyable nonetheless.

A Tier (Excellent)
    2. A New Hope

B+ Tier (Great)
    The Clone Wars Series

B Tier (Good)
    3. Solo
    The Mandalorian
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. The Force Awakens

C Tier (Meh)
    6. Return of the Jedi