main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN "The Deleted Scenes of the Star Wars Saga" MSC Panel Sign-up and Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    For all of you who are planning on participating in Friday, March 28th's panel (at 10pm), here's your chance to help us decide what to include.

So far, I know that we should include the missing Biggs and Toshi Station scenes from ANH, but I feel that we should included other deleted scenes that were either really interesting, or would have contributed to the story and expanded the scope of the film from which they were removed.

We have many scenes from the TPM and AOTC DVDs that we can use, as well as the ones from the Behind the Magic CD-ROM. But we can also use stills and such. I think this is our chance to shine.

Here we go....

Plan away!!!

But first: Let's define our panel. We need at least five panelists, (six is usually the max as far as MSC's rules dictate). Rhonda will be running the multimedia equipment (DVD, Powerpoint, Digital projector, etc.) And Michael Sheard, TESB's Admiral Ozzel, will be our moderator. Please do not sign up if you are not sure if you can commit to this. Unfortunately, I need definites here, not maybes.

There will be a dry run/tech rehearsal on Saturday, March 22nd (late afternoon or early evening). All material must be submitted by Saturday, March 15th.

Our panel so far:

Me
    Rhonda (DJ Mixmaster :p )
    Tim C.
    Sal
    Joy
    ?
    ?

(List will be updated as people sign up.)

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Tim,

I'm sure you've thought of this, but we need a list of scenes and in what order typed up. We can work on this Sat. the 22nd or next weekend. See you all there!

3. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I am totally there. Put me down as a definite. Did you get the email I sent you Tim that had the link to the site with screen shots from deleted scenes. I thought the one with the sand storm right after they blew up Jabbas Sail Barge would be interesting. And we definetly need to talk about the missing Wampa scene from ESB.

Tim

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Tim: Yeah, I got the link. I haven't used it, unfortunately, but I have it. Thanks for volunteering.

Rhonda: Yeah, we need to list what's available, and the true approach we want. We can do that here.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Just posting to put this back on top....

Any more volunteers?????

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I don't know diddly-squat about deleted scenes, LOL, but I'll be there to support you guys. :)

7. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    You can count me in for the Panel!!!! I am not sure what I can contribute but I will be happy to help out with what ever you guys need...

8. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    You can count on me, Mon Capitan!

I checked out some of my old favorites in the books--I should be studied up in the peripheral detail area.

Joy

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Mon Capitain, or Mon Calimari, or whatever I am really appreciates your volunteering!!

Sal came up with a great idea regarding the use of action figures to allude to deleted scenes. Any way I could get you to present it here, Sal?

We still have room for two more panelists before we meet the maximum of six members. (Rhonda, as our media technician, will be busy keeping things going and guarding her extremely valuable gear, so she won't be up there with us, per se.)

I need everyone to try to search out the missing video footage of the deleted scenes from TESB and ROTJ. Stills will also do, but I see the video as the Holy Grail in our Arthurian Quest. I have a feeling our beloved Lucasfilm has made everyone who had this footage take it off their sites. There are links to plenty of it, but it's not on the site.

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    A reminder to our panel members: We need to have a tech run this Saturday. Shout out some possible times. We can do it here at my place.

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'd rather do it early evening as I have yard sale in the am. I figure it take us about 3 hours, we need to get other business out of the way too, so Brit, Dale, Chris, Jay, Steve and Sherri, even if you can't make it to the con, we'd still love to see ya. Wanna start at about 4:30 or 5:00 pm?

We should sit down and watch them all, I'll start typing up a script/layout, and we'll go from there.

See ya Sat.!

12. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Guys,
    I'd love to have a tech run through, but the parents are doing the quality time thing again! _GROWL_ I should get Chewie.

I've checked out the C'baoth trilogy, the Jedi Academy trilogy, and several independants as well as the Young Jedi Knights Series and the "Tales of" for Jabba's Palace, Mos Eisley, And Bounty Hunters. I'll try to read them all by then, but I can have them with me.

As far as the rest of it goes, PM me if I can be of any more help!

Sorry again about missing this weekend!

Joy

13. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Around 5:00 would be good for me.

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Then 5pm it is!

I'll see y'all tomorrow.

15. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    How did things go guys? Sorry I couldn't make it. Some friends of ours from out of town came in on short notice Wednesday. Hope everything is running smoothly.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, Brit! Well, we're at the "sqeaky-wheel" stage of our plan, but we should get that oiled up before this weekend.

Any chance we could get you to join us this weekend?

17. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Tim, Sal could one of you guys email or pm me Sal's address? I'm not sure what I did with the invitation (I didn't mean to loose it but they did look cool) Thanks.

Tim II

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.