main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT "The Demons of the Dark Side" (OCs, clones wars short story COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kurisan, Feb 2, 2017.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Kurisan: One can clearly see a faint echo of admiration for that Japanese school-girl in your fanfic. :* And thanks for the story about your parents, too. It reminded me of my own parents and their trouble with technology. But they both would shun a robot in their household. :rolleyes:

Kurisan and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  3. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Kurisan - Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this. [face_blush] But I'm caught up now.

First - why hasn't Maya been knighted, if she can take out a kriffing TERANTATEK!? :eek: =D= Those things are remarkably hard to kill in KOTOR I and II, depending on what level you are when you go to Korriban, and for a Padawan to take one out (admittedly with help, but that shows Maya's good sense).

Of course, Tekken would return. Figures. And if he's back, and able to summon that level of dark-side help ... then his boss has some serious connections. :/

And Tatooine. :p Interesting to see what they'll find there ... [face_thinking]

4. Almerus

Almerus Jedi Master

Jun 14, 2006
    Nice little fic you've got here so far. I particularly enjoyed the battle with the Terentatek, as I'm a fool for literary fight scenes and yours was well written and easy to follow. I also enjoy Flint and Maya's relationship, such as how they support each other.

AzureAngel2 and Kurisan like this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yoicks, catch-up time! Here goes...

5: Oh no! Tekken's back! I remember what a menace he was in The Secrets of Sewosta, and now he's even more so, with this terentatek in tow, whatever secrets he's stolen from the Polis Massans' databases (or that he thinks he can steal from Prof. Maneeli) and this grudge (and yes, I love that "big ugly monste with a grudge" exchange between Flint and Maya too [face_laugh]). And what was he being "seen" for by Prof. Maneeli? Was that just a ploy to get access whatever Maneeli knows about the Niorde project? And the biggest question of course is what interest Tekken has in Maneeli's work on Niorde; I'm guessing he wants to turn whatever kind of bioconditioning is implanted in the clonetrooperstoward his own sinister purposes. [face_nail_biting] And now he's getting away! And if it hadn't been for that darned Trandoshan in the barge (who can't be there by accident), Maya and Flint would have had a chance of catching up to him... hopefully they still will!

Like the others have said, I have really been enjoying Flint and Maya's banter; they have every look of becoming one of those charming "mismatched pairs" toward which I have been known to be partial. [face_love]. And I do feel for Dznori and Selif here, for the way Tekken used them as his pawns; I wonder if they still may be of help in setting things right.

6: The chase is on! Thank goodness that Tio was able to get a lock on the escaping ship—off to Tatooine, eh? The plot definitely is thickening. What could Tekken be up to there (that requires Maneeli and/or Maneeli's expertise)? [face_thinking]

I love Maya and Flint's conversation here. They still have a ways to go toward full rapport, but they are both totally sincere in their efforts to understand each other's viewpoints and thoughts and modi operandi, and they both raise good points. Yes, this is not a situation where one can wait around for reinforcements without running a huge risk—but it makes absolute sense to have that sort of rule in place for those of us who don't have the Force helping and prompting us constantly. (Not that having the Force is always a walk in the park, as Maya points out!) The fear discussion really brings to the fore some of the most fundamental differences between these two: fear is a bit of a hangup for Maya because of her upbringing in the tenets of the Jedi Code, but to Flint it is just a momentary annoyance that can be dispelled with the judicious deployment of laughter and "ex-boyfriend jokes." :D (Perhaps the full reality is somewhere in the middle.... [face_thinking])

It's rather interesting in this case that Maya, the Jedi, is the one advocating decisive action, while Flint, the soldier, is the one advocating caution and waiting for reinforcements—kind of opposite from what one would expect, and in a good way. :cool:

More soon, please! Can't wait to see what these two will find on Tatooine, and how their relationship will grow. :)

AzureAngel2, Ewok Poet and Kurisan like this.
  6. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

I think I know who that was. :p :D

AzureAngel2, Ewok Poet and Kurisan like this.
  8. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg.

9. The Ascendant

The Ascendant Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2014
    I enjoyed reading Maya's romp on Tatooine, as I was hoping there would be some exploring done and you did not disappoint on that. The locals and scenery seemed very true to ANH, all the way down to the detail of deals being struck publicly. I am also finding myself becoming more and more intrigued with the hunt for this Tekken character. I'm not certain if there is already a backstory between he and Maya in your other stories, but at the moment, he's coming off very mysterious.

AzureAngel2, Kurisan and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Three chapters? Eeek. Might as well say that I am following and that Findswoman will say it all, anyway. XD And you're still the King of cliffhangers.

EDIT: Okay, this time, you didn't wait for her, either. BE LUCKY THAT SHE DOES NOT OWN A BIRD.

12. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Kurisan, just popping in to say that I am still following as best I can, that I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip, and that I will be back with a regular comment hopefully soon—but yes, I echo Ewok Poet in earnestly entreating you to slow your update schedule a little tiny bit (though I get why you did the extra update this time). I'll do my utmost to catch up, because I've been enjoying this. Thanks so much, and have a great time! :)

14. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    Kurisan - have a good time. :)

And, to the story ... Maya's certainly got a good start, but Jabba's court? [face_worried] She'd better be careful ... [face_thinking]

15. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    Kurisan - hope you're feeling better soon.

Maya certainly meant well, but she decidedly overdid it - and Jabba's as disgusting as ever ... [face_sick]

So, Krell wants to cut a deal with the big slug, huh? Interesting ... [face_thinking]

Ewok Poet, AzureAngel2 and Kurisan like this.
  17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Kurisan: I enjoyed myself immensely. Maya speaking Ithorian, mind you with one mouth! Her spontaneous dancing for Jabba the Hutt, wow! And now she is dragged towards the dungeons. :eek:

Kurisan likes this.
  19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, I am finally caught up, and I do apologize that it’s taken me so long; I know things have been stressful on your end, and I did want you to know that during all that time I did have this story in mind and didn’t forget about you. @};-

7: Here they are, on Tatooine, and just a stone’s throw away from Jabba’s Palace… and naturally it turns out that that’s exactly where Tekken and Maneeli are headed! [face_nail_biting] It’s neat that Maya happens to know Ithorian, of all languages (though as I recall, one or more of her teachers are IIthorians, right?), and I am curious if these two helpful Ithorians will end up being helpful to her, Flint, and Xam in the future, too. And of course I echo Xam’s consternation about coming along; it’s going to be very interesting to see how a cerebral type like him gets on in a hardboiled, underworldy place like this!

8: Hah! The whole sweat-selling thing is just priceless (and shows you know your SW species well!). But hey, it worked—and it got our group some fabulous new garb that will be just perfect for infiltrating the Hutt’s palace. Though, awww, why is it that the droid always seems to end up playing the part of the goodwill offering? :p But I’m not really worried about Tio—I’m sure he’ll be able to hold his own just fine. I bet Flint cuts quiet the dashing figure in that medieval-ish costume, and I bet if he puts his mind to it he’ll do better at this whole disguise business than he thinks! And of course the “consort” ruse didn’t slip past my notice. ;)

But now they’re making Flint wait outside? Hmmm… that does indeed give me a bad feeling. Or at least a perplexed one… [face_thinking]

9: Fantastic descriptions here of Jabba’s Palace and Maya’s progress through it—you really do a great job capturing just how steamy, stinky, scummy, and dark the place is. The plot is really starting to thicken up, though: Tekken as prisoner? Maya as potential slave and “comforter”? [face_nail_biting] And ohmigosh, after all this, PONG KRELL, of all people, is here, gives her away, and she becomes nothing but a bargaining chip destined for the Pit of Carkoon? :eek: Oh no, it’ll take nothing less than a miracle to get Maya out of this one! (Flint and Tio, this is your cue!)

Ewok Poet, AzureAngel2 and Kurisan like this.
  20. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg.​

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    When they improvise their way in, I fear this will go from bad to worse. [face_nail_biting];):p

Kurisan and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    WWMD—What Would Maya Do? :p These two have definitely got guts to attempt a ruse like this! And it would almost be humorous if the situation weren't so serious—I can just imagine little Dr. Xam sitting atop Flint's shoulders (I think it accidentally says "soldiers" somewhere—might want to check) juggling for dear life. It's fun to see these two very different beings having to work together, and I hope the fat fellow doesn't take too long in deciding whether there's space for them... [face_thinking] (I also wonder if the "boss won't like it" comment is indicative that the fat fellow may know something about the fate of Maneeli...)

Kurisan, Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  23. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    Well, Flint's trying. And it's not like clones are entirely unable to improvise ... but they're dealing with dark-siders. [face_worried]

Whatever happens, it'll be interesting, to be sure. ;)

24. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Whoa, whoa, whoa there! This has got to be the story that you've told us about before and it seems that Maya is in real trouble now - unless it has something to do with Flint waiting. I caught up and I'm ready for whatever comes next, but right now, it appears to be way.too.freaky. Who knows what could come to Jabba's mind? And with Pong Krell around again...

What bothers me is...can the Clones really, really, I mean REALLY make a proper decision without Maya? Sure, they have done it once on Dagobah, but still.

25. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg