main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT "The Demons of the Dark Side" (OCs, clones wars short story COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kurisan, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    It's interesting how Maya manages to humour herself, yet she is "not in the mood for games". She is clearly using some form of cynical humour to escape the fear and negative thoughts that could lead her to the dark side.

And Kitster is about the last person I expected to appear here. Wondering if they can put two and two together, he and Maya, since he already mentioned Anakin Skywalker. That is, before the Dragon is there - gulp!

3. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Ewok Poet Wow you're quick this time! Thanks for keeping with this. Maya is certainly trying to do what you describe, but without success.

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Chyntuck, AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    AAAAH, WHAT A CLIFFIE!

Jabba is such a sadist. I'm pretty sure that he expects them to fight each other to death and that there's no freedom bargain. But is this another darkside test?

Kurisan and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg.​

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Little Maya! [face_shame_on_you]

NOW she will definitely teach him a lesson in good behaviour. One that will be life altering for him. [face_skull]

Findswoman and Kurisan like this.
  8. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Findswoman and AzureAngel2 like this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Loved seeing Maya pull a Luke there. Great action scenes, it's almost like a movie script. And everybody whom she knows had their own plan and rushed for help. Not bad to have friends like that, r-right? I am not saying that it should have given her that much confidence to threaten Jabba the Hutt, but the plan of overtaking the barge was flawless.

But Pong Krell really, really, really has it for her. I think it's the time for payback, double the payback since he called her "Little Maya".

I hope everybody survives. The good guys and Maya, that is!

Findswoman , Kurisan and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Catching up (sorry it's been so long!).

11: Interesting to see a couple of familiar faces return here, one from the films, one from one of your earlier stories. Poor Kitster... it's just so sad to see him in this state as an adult—lonely, abandoned, enslaved, yet still hoping against hope for rescue. And good gosh, Pong Krell is here? And the Dragon too? :eek: I'm not sure if I'm clearer or less clear on the exact nature of the Dragon now, though it's now apparent that it's apparently not just a Dagobah phenomenon! Compounding the scariness of the situation is the whole prospect that Krell seems to be in league with Jabba somehow... definitely a dangerous combination, and I'm starting to seriously fear for both Maya and Maneeli. (Whom, incidentally, I'm realizing we haven't met in person yet at all... what if he voluntarily joined up with Krell and/or Jabba? [face_nail_biting]

12: Uh-oh... being thrown on a sail barge and taken out to the sarlacc pit is never a good sign. Nor are fights to the death orchestrated for the enjoyment of Hutts... just the sort of thing a sicko like Jabba would find entertaining. Maya's attempt to sidestep the fighting is valiant for sure and probably would have the desired effect were any other being her designated opponent—and any other being would have listened to Maya's warning about Krell's betrayal. But nope, this is her old nemesis Tekken, and he sees this "farce" simply as an opportunity to get rid of Maya once and for all. It's interesting that he seems to be so adept with this polearm, whatever it is—and, again, I still wonder where Maneeli actually is. (I'm starting to fear that, either willingly or otherwise, he might be being used some kind of channeled for the Dragon! [face_worried] )

13: This of course is the thing about catching up with several chapter all at once later on—it makes the cliffhangers less cliffhangery. :D The cavalry, in the form of Flint, Xam, and Maneeli (there he is at last! Whew...) appear in the nick of time. And what a fun homage to ROTJ in the way Tio delivers Maya's lightsaber! :D Yoicks, what carnage and chaos—though it's encouraging to see that Flint and the Polis Massans made it through, and that Kitster is pitching in as well. But I knew we wouldn't be seeing the last of Krell... he's clearly got something up horrible and dark up his sleeve, and the Dragon can't be far behind.

Great as always to see this continue, and congratulations once again on your nominations—for both this and the other Maya stories. Looking forward to the big climactic duel! =D=

Kurisan and AzureAngel2 like this.
  12. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg.

13. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    :eek: Wow. Maya's come a long way. And the Dragon ... more and more curious ... [face_thinking]

(I assume, of course, that even if Krell gets a thousand years of torment, whatever the Dragon is will survive. Feels a bit early for him to go down.)

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh yoicks, things are getting not only supremely suspenseful but also truly trippy! This Dragon—who- or whatever it is—seems to be manipulating Maya's thoughts and feelings on a very deep level, all at the instance of Krell. Flashbacks are mixing up with real life which are mixing up with other voices and pieces of advice... what's real and what's not anymore? :eek: But amid all this chaos Maya just keeps moving, keeps dancing, keeps tumbling, keeps laughing in the face of fear. The chapter kind of reminds me of a wonderful story that Ewok Poet introduced me to: the story of Aska and the Wolf, in which a beautiful ballet-dancing ewe-lamb, pursued by a wolf, just keeps on dancing till the wolf gets so fatigued and worn out that he keels over. Here's hoping something similar will happen with Krell—and possibly with this still-mysterious Dragon, too! :eek: [face_good_luck]

AzureAngel2, Kurisan and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Uh, oh...MEMORY WALK. One of the Sithliest of the Sith techniques! Maya, don't let him in your mind, or you could become the next host of the Dragon or something! Krell is gone, but what is going to happen with his other entity? And seriously, where are Maya's pals and Kitster?

And I second Findswoman, this definitely reminded me of the story she mentioned.

But this part was very, very entertaining:

16. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016

gg

17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    To banish demons is not easy. Perhaps when you are a Shaolin monk and throw funny papers in the air that scares demons & ghosts off, than it is a piece of cake.

As it can be seen for example in this weird movie "A Chinese ghost" story.

But let me tell you that not everybody in life can succeed like your Maya does at the end of her story. Only very few people have such a resilience against darker powers inside them.

Kurisan likes this.
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Not gonna happen. This is Star Wars, not Star Trek. The Great Bird Of The Galaxy has no interest here.

However, if our dear Maya receives too much torture, you may get some bantha poodoo flung at you......[face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 and Kurisan like this.
  20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, what an exciting wrap-up! I imagine that Krell's death may a bit of a bittersweet experience for Maya because of the fond memories she has of his days as a good, kind Jedi Master. And even though he's no longer a menace, it looks like that the Dragon of Dagobah may still be at large in some form if it's wandering the desert as a "disembodied wraith." I will say now that I have a little tiny bit better idea of what kind of being the Dragon is, though not totally—it really does seem to have been an actual separate entity that was in kind of symbiosis with Krell. (I think I mentioned Quirinus Quirrell earlier on... and hey, now I'm struck by how similar the two names sound!) And I love that Flint, Xam, and Kitster all played such important roles in helping both Maya and Maneeli. All of them can rightly say to each other, "I managed it because of you." :)

Now, thinking ahead a bit to future stories: I'll be very curious to hear more from Maneeli, especially concerning his specialized Niorde knowledge; I hope there won't be anyone else out to get him on account of that knowledge (especially since we now know that he's a bit on the elderly side). I also see from the preview graphic that we'll be seeing Tekken again; there's still the question of exactly what it was he was doing for or with Jabba. And will the Dragon resurface, somewhere out there in the desert wastes? Looking forward with bated breath to the next installment.

Addressing your postscript: why, thank you, I endeavor to give satisfaction, and I do it because I enjoy the reading. @};- I don't at all mind that you tagged me just now, though you might check the formatting of the tags, which is coming through looking different than usual on my end (I didn't actually get notified, and thta may be why).

And about "Aska and the Wolf": Ewok Poet can tell you much more about its history and background than I can, but you can read it online right here. A very uplifting tale—like Maya does here, she just keeps dancing! :D

Ewok Poet, AzureAngel2 and Kurisan like this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Wow, Maya! She practically solves it from the very beginning, by assuming that the Dragon is gone together with Krell. Kitster and Tio's epic saving of Maya are something to talk about, too! That was a "wow" scene. And then Flint attacks like Chewbacca in The Force Awakens...YOU SHALL NOT PASS and all. Great action, some of it reminiscent of Return of the Jedi, some not so much. And I didn't figure out how Polis Massans communicated until this very moment, so that was interesting, too!

Now, knowing Jabba, he will seek revenge, somehow. Both on Kitster and Maya.

22. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    An excellent ending, as always, Kurisan. But what will become of the Dragon ... and Tekken's still out there ... [face_thinking]

23. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am glad you liked the movie. As I said before, there were scenes in it with a monk expelling demons by throwing holy scripts into their direction. It would have been fun if Maya could do that, but as we all know getting rid of demons is never easy. Especially not if those are ones own demons.

Kurisan, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  25. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    you guys know that Nie Xiaoqian was a good ghost in the original story?

AzureAngel2 and Kurisan like this.