main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East The Dew Drop Inn

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    In case anyone hasn't noticed the link in my sig Fan Force is having a charity raffle for the Backpacker Luke that was sent out to some fan forces across the USA and Canada. Monies collected will go to Make-A-Wish in memory of Katie Johnson.

You can check out what all comes with Luke here.

So, does anyone have any secret recipes for their sweet tea? TK-2970 insists that you have to use 3 family sized tea bags in cold water in a pot and set in on 3 on the stove for 20 minutes. Then drain it into a pitcher, add 1 1/2 cups of sugar and water to the top.

2. ROYAL_RED

ROYAL_RED Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    OH MY GOODNESS ... this is EXACTLY how I make sweet tea. The longer you boil it, the stronger the tea will be. I don't like weak tea that tastes like water.

Does TK-2970 have a tea preference? I like to use the tea bags from Aldi Foods. I have to use 6 bags though since they don't have family sized tea bags. My second choice would be Lipton.

3. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    The Southeast is calm now that the drama storm has been purged... A toast to the future :)

4. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Ooo... Must have been holed up in a cave somewhere as I missed that storm. Calm is good!

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Here's to a New Year! :D

Along those lines - Have we got any banner makers in the group? Much as I love seeing Jar-Jar up there ([face_mischief]), it'd be nice to re-decorate for a while.

Anybody up to making a new banner for the SouthEast?

If possible, I'd like one that just says FanForce SouthEast Region so that it can be used for our boards that don't have a chapter-specific banner.

Here's a link to the JC Banner Makers thread with the specs and all.

6. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I'll see what I can do for you, Trace.

7. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah - I am so far behind on making our banner and I get paid to design (it's like my office saying goes "That an architect will never finish his/her own projects because he/she is always working on yours").

now let's see - it's 2:29am and my project in Atlanta needs the elevations re-designed for the new stone and the Asheville complex plan just changed.... Sorry hun, I'll design the garage (Man Cave) shelves soon - I promise... ARGH... that reminds me the church addition that I'm doing pro bono is due by mid. feb.

Well as much as I would love to play w/ the Southeast banner and frankly the Salisbury one - I'll have to pass this time. kidding...

8. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Responding from Nashville. Maybe we could have SW characters in Union and Conferderate outfits for the banner? Could be funny.

Anyway, I've been all over the U.S. of A and Southern cookin is still the best. My fav is still Barbeque w/tater salad and baked beans and Lay's potato chips to dip in the baked beans. Hotdogs, pork n beans, and macaroni, along w/potato chips and sweet tea or a Coke are a close second.

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Unless you want stick figures thrown together don't ask me. :p I just post the funny pictures.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/SithJada/Funny%20Pics/00002rfahs3.gif]

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh]

Oh, that is priceless, Jada! I lubs it! [face_love]

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm a sucker for funny animals. Back in 2000 I even ran a "campaign" for my dog to be president: Iceobel 2000 -- "A sunny spot to nap in guaranteed!" :p

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    :D

Hope you don't mind...I had to post the funny in Lit.

[face_laugh]

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I have no dibbs on it. I just post these things.

Gah! I'm so far behind in reading the Legacy Comics. The holidays just kicked my butt. [face_hypnotized]

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I used to be a novel-only gal and swore I'd never read comics, but the Legacy story sucked me in hook-line-and-sinker. [face_hypnotized] (And the novels killed my favorite character last summer...I'm still bitter. :_| ) LOVE the Cade/Deliah/Morrigan icon thing we've got going here, LOL. :cool:

15. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    I had to break up the Legacy icon string with a KoTOR one. [face_laugh]

I blame Jedi Trace for my current comic addition. I never read comics until she became a fangirl on me. [face_frustrated] I'm going to be in a costume next if I'm not careful. She's sneaky.

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    LOL, a friend of mine now uses me to get his wife to stop talking and leave with him. He'll go up to her and say "We have to leave now because Jada's talking me into making a Star Wars costume" and she immediately turns and starts to leave. [face_laugh] ;)

TK-2970 got me into comics. [face_frustrated]

My sithling is now into them too. *sigh* But she reads other books thank the Maker!

17. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    And here I thought it was because I duct taped you to my couch and made you read about my newest Skywalker crush. [face_blush] [face_batting]

LOL! Hey, that could work to your advantage if you were ready for them to leave. Just start campaigning about costumes. ;)

18. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    That might have had something to do with it. [face_laugh]

I finally received KOTOR #25 last night. You're still bringing Legacy #19 with you tomorrow, right? [face_praying]

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    So, anyone excited about that little announcement from LFL this week? ;)

20. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Yep! [face_dancing]

I'm not sure about the whole Anakin-has-a-Padawan twist, though.

21. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    It's funny. The girl/woman/lady/female who is voicing that character has played roles on Disney and Nick and she is always a no-good, bullying little . . . female dog. ;)

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I meant to post this sooner, but I just wanted to give a big shout of THANKS to TNPredsFan for our pretty new banner. [face_love] (Yeah, it's the Memphis banner, but I thought it would be nice and summer-y to have here for a few months. ;) )

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I meant to say something about this. As long as it has Deliah Blue in it I'm ok . . . you Cadeiac :p

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I knew I liked you for a reason. ;) I just finished writing a Deliah fan fic and it was a LOT of fun. She's a great character. [face_love]

"Cadeiac" - [face_laugh] Guilty as charged. [face_blush]

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Deliah fan fic? I might just have to venture outside of Breezy's writing to read it. Link?

I helped out the 501st with the Tega Cay 4th of July parade on Friday. Wow, what a great time! Here are some pics . . . ok, quite a few pics. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.