main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo The Dice

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darryl Cooper, May 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Because she used to love the guy. I’m having difficulty understanding what the issue is here.

wobbits likes this.
  2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    She held onto the dice because she was still in love with him, and thinking of him made her smile.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've only seen it once, but I didn't get a "OMG Han my long-lost true love has come for me at last" vibe from Qi'ra. It was more like, "Oh, yeah, that guy I used to like a long time ago... This is awkward..."

4. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    I think the problem people have with the dice is that you've never seen han holding them, not even in TFA. When most folks watched TLJ, they were confused as to the dice and why luke gave them to leia. (myself included.) Then we learn that they were a throwaway prop in ANH. Its just not jelling with the OT han since he is NEVER seen holding them or even acknowledging their existence. At this point I don't have a significant issue with them, but I can understand why some folk are not having it.

Edit: Also, indiana jones' hat was a central part of his visual design. The hat never even blew off (dude's hat stayed on even when he was out at sea during a storm lol.) until he showed real fear in the last crusade. Han's dice are something most fans didn't know existed until 2017. In short, the hat, the jacket, and the whip are things that signal indiana jones. The blaster, the vest and the ship, are things that signal han. Although we've never seen harrison ford hold those dice, its now something that we'd associate with the character.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    unicorn likes this.
  5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Good way of looking at it. I don't mind the dice (I like how they give continuity between the old days and the present) but I think they're a bit forced. Maybe one or two shots of them weren't needed. But I guess that's nitpicking.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  6. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I assumed they disappeared in The Last Jedi as they were only a Force projection, which faded after Luke died.

I also figured their inclusion was mainly to provide a link between the Solo movie and TLJ, the most recent two movies. With a further in joke link to the joke crew prop from ANH. But I liked their inclusion.

Also, were they now retconned as chance cubes ala TPM?