main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
  2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Honest trailers- mulan: filmed in genocide land

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Funko release a handful of its exclusive Pops for the recently cancelled 2020 New York Comic Con. I think this one sold out a decade ago.

PCCViking likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    stop calling it live action unless you actually decide to put in real tigers, Disney!

Gamiel and Rylo Ken like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah and Joe Exotic will make a special appearance.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Why would there be tigers in any version of The Lion King?

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Cuz they'd be cheaper to film than lions I guess?

darthcaedus1138, Gamiel and PCCViking like this.
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    This is why I have to bite my tongue when this one posts.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Soul is being released on Disney+, December 25th, no extra charge.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Does anyone have Disney Plus free with Verizon? I'm trying to figure out when my subscription will expire (I know I started it sometime in November last year before Mandalorian began). The online account only directs itself to my Verizon FIOS account.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    yes, i do. i have them for mobile, but went to account > add-on and apps overview > manage add-on (under disney), found the details associated with it.

mine expires on 11/11/20, signed up the day it came out. i believe they've since dropped the "free" period to six months for new subscribers, but at d+'s launch, verizon was covering a full year.

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Out of curiosity, what is your plan regarding D+ once your free period is up?

I read that Verizon Wireless who have a select unlitimied plans not only get D+ free for a year, but Hulu and ESPN as well.
    Also, Verizon Fios is giving free D+ for a year to new customers who sign up for 200/200 Internet package.

I wonder what kind of deal they have, if any, for those who are about to expire.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i think it reverts to the $6.99/month plan, which likely will just fold into my mobile bill.

i have an old "unlimited" data plan with verizon that i am trying to hold onto, as it's not as expensive as the ones they keep rolling out (which likely includes the streaming platforms). might do the math, though, since i do use espn plus, to see if there's any cost savings.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that was my next question. If I did nothing, will it just roll over into that monthly plan? I was considering the special bundle that includes D+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $12.99.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    For us, it was $10/month to upgrade the Verizon plan in order to get the $12.99 Disney/ESPN/Hulu bundle

heels1785 likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Tomorrow we're slated to get a "Raya and the Last Dragon" trailer. I curious what this is going to be about. Anyone else looking forward to this?

Ghost likes this.
  18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I think Raya looks neat!

I just saw they are doing a Willow series on D+ not sure if that's news or not.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I rewatched The Wolverine on Disney Plus but I did notice it was only in HD while the other X-Men movies are UltraHD. But is The Wolverine not on Disney Plus USA? (Basically as a setup to watch Logan the next day, I wish they would hurry up and make a D+ section for the R-rated 20th Century Fox materiel).

Anyway, I've actually been watching Earth to Ned which I oddly like because it is very dumb, which is basically my weekly original Disney Plus content fix until the stretch of Mandalorian S2 and Wandavision S1.

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    According to JustWatch, absolutely no one has it in 4k for streaming

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016

Apparently part of this movie is taking place along the Boonta Eve Classic course. Looks pretty good, although we'll what happens about that March release date.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So is that like Mulan's ancestor maybe?

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I say no. Mulan was historical fantas/fairy tale, Raya seems to be full on fantasy... Unless it's based on some fairy tale I don't know of, then it's a fairy tale movie.

And I'm not the best on Chinese history or etno-clothing but I think Raya's design is inspiered by cultures much more south then Mulan's.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Ghost likes this.
  24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    A lot of comparisons are being made to Avatar Kora and Zuko on twitter. Personally, I'm surprised it's pronounced Rye-a and not Ray-a.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Pretty obvious reason for that.
    Correct. A lot of influence from countries around southeast Asia and the South China Sea, hence casting Vietnamese-American Kelly Marie Tran as Raya.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Gamiel and TiniTinyTony like this.