main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Be careful what you wish for. It is a Guy Ritchie flick after all.

2. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    really you didn't like the live action Beauty And The Beast? I absolutely loved it and thought it lived up to the Disney Cartoon! I saw it with my sister and nephew at Disney Springs AMC Dine In Theater 3D in Orlando Florida the 3D was really good and the film was beautiful IMHO! I really liked the Disney Live Action Jungle Book as well and I cant wait for Andy Circus's Jungle Book that I believe is now slated to debut on Netflix!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You are? You don't think Andy Circus is a bit of a clown?

jp-30 likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The new Mulan is supposed to come out before Aladdin, right?

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    What day did you watch it?

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No.

7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    there is this from a few pages back in the thread...
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I haven't seen the full movie, I've seen clips, many clips if not almost the whole thing because of reviews, and listened to the soundtrack a week before the movie came out. I could post a huge post as to why this movie sucked. Trust me, I didn't want it too. Maybe I'll make it one if my weekly coloun posts. Whenever I do film reviews that is one ill cover for sure.

Also its Andy Serkis not circus.:)

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I think its kind of hard to judge a movie you haven't seen the whole way through you should try watching the whole thing. do you like the Disney Cartoon? I loved the Disney Cartoon and think the Disney Live Action was a faithful telling of the Cartoon with a few changes here and there. ere you bothered by Lafue being gay? I was not bothered by that at all.

10. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    What day did you watch beauty and the beast

11. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I thought, at the very least, the live action Beauty and the Beast was on par with the original animated version if not slightly better.

The new live action Aladdin has a lot to live up to since the animated version is my all time favorite movie (saw it 8 times in the theater when I was 10).

12. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    @Leoluca Randisi Lefou being gay does bother me but not for the fact that he's gay but because they added that to this for no other reason but to add it. Elsa, seemingly by rumor, may be the 1st official one. But this was a completely dumb change along with many, many other things they did with this flick.

The cartoon is one of my favorite movies of all time. Belle is one of my favorite characters of all time. I've seen the musical play as a kid, I even had the soundtrack to said play. This live action flick stunk...trust me. I wanted it to work. Seriously. The line in the trailer Beast says "some of them are in Greek" was hilarious to me. Really, really had high hope for it. I'll make my essay topic on it and tag you. Be a special edition post.

13. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    What? What the **** are you talking about?

jp-30 likes this.
  14. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    As supposed to taking it up here I posted it in the Weekly Column thread explaining why.

Basically what was the purpose of it? Out of Nowhere and didn't amount to much even to people who saw it. They blew it up to be big and it was nothing. It was just a bad side plot that was unnecessary in my view that became distracting to a point. That's all I'm saying.

Disney will have a real big one in a film soon. There had several characters on their TV shows. But if Elsa is the first as per rumor about Frozen 2 then that will seal it.

15. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Lefou was already coded gay in the original film. All the remake did was make it very quietly explicit, only brazen in one shot where he dances with a man. But he's played as pretty explicitly gay throughout the entire film, so it's not as if it comes out of nowhere. As far as why, it neatly ties into the original film's exploration of different modes of masculinity. The beast and Gaston both start on different planes of masculine expression, one evolving into idealism, and the other into toxicity. Lefou serves as a more effective foil to Gaston in that way because his unrequited love both he and Gaston need it. That makes Gaston more interesting.

I'll agree that the director was silly in building it up in promotional material. But textually, there's literally nothing to complain about.

16. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    In the original he's fawning over the Bimbetts though. Several times. Hero worship of a guy is not always sexual, far from it. It's like saying how every kid who looks up to Superman that does is homosexual and it's not the truth. Gaston was the biggest, baddest, strongest etc. Lefou was not so he looked at Gaston as the model of it and the fact he had him as his patsy gave him respect. That's my problem with it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  17. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    No, hero worship is not inherently sexual, but 'Gaston' as written is definitely playing with the intersection of sexuality and hero worship, and to deny that is to miss one of the points of the song.

But you're correct— he does fawn over the Bimbetts so it's not fair to call him gay. But I wouldn't call him straight.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    i Don't know about him But i Watched The movie on Saturday with my dad and he said it was Terible and then he died and i was Very sad and then went to Diary queen and got a Hot Fudge Sunday. it was really really good!!!!! i then Went to the book store and bought soem graphic Novels. i love the walking Dead. what's you're favorite Comic Book my friend,

jp-30 likes this.
  19. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Oh yeah the Gastom song is filled with it. Especially the Me song from stage. Take a gander

He was straight. Early 90s Disney? It was changed to fit today. I'll give up you this because it's so obsessive it can seem like that type of passion and goes too far, but obsessiveness does that. Like they're fans that live and breath for a celebrity even though they're not sexually interested in them. It's as fervent as that drive but isn't.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    At this point, I don't care if Aladdin and Jasmine decide to hug at the end of the movie and the love story is between Jafar and Abu. As long as Disney keeps making live action adaptions then hopefully we'll eventually get a live action Gargoyles movie that will involve Greg Weisman AND be successful so we can get more Gargoyles content. I'm sure we're far away from that, but a guy can dream.

Ghost likes this.
  21. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    @TiniTinyTony I think that would be much more controversial and would hurt their efforts don't you think?

22. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I think Jafar and Abu would make great star-crossed lovers, don't you?

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Sultan and the Carpet?

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I am a big Time Supporter of the LBGT Community I have friends that are gay and my aunt is gay what difference does it make if he is gay or straight. If he was straight why would that be more accepted then gay and that goes for any character in any one of my favorite movies? I asked my mom what she thought of Lafue being portrayed as gay and she said I didn't think they made him gay I didn't notice. she thinks its people who watch and want there to be something where there is nothing. its kind of like what if they cast a black guy as 007 or a Woman as Indiana Jones does it really matter in this day and age? I don't think it matters. What other major changes from the cartoon were made? You do realize Beauty And The Beast was not invented by Disney they may have put things in that were in the original fairy tale and even things added like the Wardrobe Chest I am fine with because I don't want it to be a carbon copy of the Disney cartoon what would be the point of making the same exact movie?

one thing I love about Disney movies is diversity not one Disney movie is the same as another even in a series or trilogy. That goes for Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm or even the Muppets I loved the differences Rian Johnson gave us in TLJ and I hope and think Abrams will deliver on Episode 9 that is Diversity right there and its happening at every division in Disney hopefully when they acquire 20th Century Fox it will be the same more diversity! and the great thing is if you don't care for one Disney movie there is many more that could suit your tastes and to choose from. some people like apples some people like oranges! obviously we like different fruit my friend!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012