main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Reading through his thread, he has a legitimate beef. And it's sad cartoon writers don't get the same compensation like live action.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd prefer not to have a live action version of Gargoyles. Personally, I'd prefer for Disney just to sell the rights of the franchise - which is really unlike anything they've created before or after - to another company altogether. Maybe HBO, Showtime, or a streaming channel like Amazon Prime Video could gain the rights and possibly reboot the series for a modern generation; but keep the dark, mature tones that made the original series popular in the first place.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I would love that too, but has Disney ever sold the rights of any of their franchises to anyone? None come to mind. When Slave Labor Graphics and Greg Weisman teamed up for the true continuation of the story, Disney charged a high amount for the license and sadly since sales weren't great, SLG couldn't continue to pay it and the series had to end. A lot of the story that was supposed to come out in individual comics didn't, but thankfully they all ended up in the trade. The ****y part is that the trade is a lot smaller than your average comic book. Oh well. Like I said above, a guy can dream.

BigAl6ft6 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    according to Collider Disney is thinking about rebooting Pirates Of The Caribbean and there getting the Deadpool writers to write the script. this sounds intriguing I was just talking to my dad about this rebooting the franchise because I just ordered The five Movie Blu-ray set of Pirates Of The Caribbean from Amazon they claim it will be at my house by no later then 8:00PM tomorrow! I am personally in favor of a Pirates reboot!

Disney Eyeing a ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Reboot from ‘Deadpool’ Writing Duo
    by Vinnie Mancuso 1 hour ago

[​IMG]

The five-film franchise has earned more than $4.5 billion.

[​IMG]
    what about the guy that played Lando in the Han Solo movie as a main Pirate character?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and PCCViking like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Rebooting a franchise that only began about a decade and a half ago. Yeah, tell me Hollywood isn't running out of ideas.

I'm all for it if a new POTC movie will be a sort of spin-off or even a prequel movie (set years before The Black Pearl); but do they really need to start fresh?

Ghost likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think Hollywood is out of ideas, but they like huge returns on their investments and put their money on film with a built-in fanbase. There are numerous original films that hit theaters every year, but because of streaming services, the turnaround time from theater to home viewing, and the costs of going to a theater, audiences are more selective on the films they choose to leave the house and spend money on.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think reboot is a term thrown around too often. Is this really a reboot, or is it simply in the POTC universe with different characters. I only saw the first three, but I imagine Jack Sparrow is fairly tired as a character by now?

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well Sparrow was in all five movies to date. I read that there's a possibility that the new movie might go off on a tangent and focus on Will Turner, Elizabeth Swan, and possibly their son. We'll see.

10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Or maybe on new characters entirely. They could easily focus on the 1600's.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    When was the setting for the released movies of the franchise?

12. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Early to mid 1700's. King George II was in Pirates 4.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So you'd propose a prequel series. Now when have we seen that before [face_thinking]

PCCViking likes this.
  14. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Or it doesn't have to be strictly a prequel. It could include characters with no influence on the original series of movies. For example, characters like Davy Jones and Tia Dalma/Calypso had been around for centuries, as was the implication. But this new series may not have them or any characters like them.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    A Jones/Calypso movie might be intriguing. I guess that would be somewhat similar to the Scorpion King prequels that came out after the Brendon Fraiser Mummy movies.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The DailyMail reports...

EXCLUSIVE: Hide the rum! Johnny Depp is OUT as Jack Sparrow in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise as actor battles financial issues and personal dramas

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's gonna be weird seeing a POTC movie without him.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Surprise, surprise. The Daily Mail going with the most salacious bull****tery they can come up with.

There is nothing in those quotes to suggest it’s anything to do with Depps financial or personal issues.

They’re twisted ****s, and I wouldn’t even wipe my arse with the rag.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    blah they'll have a character Jack Birdname with a cheaper actor and have him basically do Jack Sparrow.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nicolas Cage as Rottenbeard the Pirate. Hans Zimmer's bass farts during the rendition of You are a Pirate will be legendary.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    How stupid. Having a Pirates film without Johnny Depp is like having an Iron Man film without Robert Downey Jr. It would suck.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    They say... Johnny Depp has dropped and is stepping away. Is that true? I wasn't aware that was something Disney could do. I'm perplexed. Are they going to keep replacing every Jack they discharge? If so, who's next? There's no one rising in the Disney company who could loom quite as large...

[​IMG]

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Let the past die.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Chris Platt as Jay Sparlow confirmed.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime