main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Disney Plus LGA thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Aug 25, 2019.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Man, what does a guy have to do to get some Dengar love in The Mandalorian? they're bringing everyone else back. I know they'd have to recast but that's okay.

2. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I can't breathe... whew!

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I really doubt Detours will show up... Unless Disney is just hard up for content. From what I have heard / read, they are really bad.

I am digging the Ewok love, hope we get Droids too. Ben Burtt directed a lot of those, and some Droids stuff got worked into Attack of the Clones and Rebels.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Stepping softly in the danger zone.. :c3po:
    No weapon in my hand .. :r2:

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    It's just this brain.. :c3po:
    Designed by man, that has me .. :r2h:

In trouble again.

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I put my life in jeopardy.. :r2:
    In the service of my friends..:c3po:

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I wouldn't care.. :c3po:
    But it is a dangerous affair.. :r2:
    Cuz I'm in....

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Glad you're enjoying it. Maybe I'll get over myself and give it a couple of episodes trial.

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I hear Droids is now on the D Plus. Can anyone with D+ confirm for me?

Finally a reason to get Disney Plus!

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    It is. I thought you were posting the lyrics in celebration. I watched the first episode...didn't thrill me. I have a little more respect for it after the Blast Points podcast did a show on it so maybe I'll keep at it.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I got a hold of the D+ Droids cartoon, remastered in HD.
    So happy with this. I haven't seen the whole series before, and I have always wanted to see the Droids mini movie- The Great Heep. I had a few crappy VHS copies from cons, from family VHS tapes from back in the day (most had a football game taped over it..grr) and the dvd of the pilot that came out back in 2005ish; but this is awesome. Ben Burt wrote a lot of the episodes, and then some of his ideas got snuck into the PT-- like the moons of Bogdon and Iago (I think). The art style is very much inspired by french comic artists like Mobius, and that is so great to see in HD.

Is it a good cartoon? Nope. Is it 80s Star Wars? Yup.

I love Blastpoints so much; but I haven't heard their Droids ep yet. It is certainly on my tp listen to playlist, as I walk off my covid-19 weight (I'm all in on Dengar week at the moment).

I'm in.. Trouble Again!

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The Book of Boba Fett | Official Trailer | Disney+ - YouTube

Can't say I'm too thrilled with this. Was never a fan of gangster movies like Godfather. Don't really care about the lives and machinations of crime families and criminal empires. Never rooted for the bad guy. Boba as a crime lord doesn't excite me. I hope there's more to the story and some redemption in the end.

19. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, I think this will be awesome. My money is on an episode focused on Dengar and his toilet paper bandages; and his role as the quicker picker upper whenever a crime boss spills his soup.

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Someone pointed out to me that Disney has been really deceptive with their trailers and this is probably footage from only the first couple of episodes so the story could end up being something else entirely.

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    The Mandalorian trailer showed a vastly different story then what we got.... When in thinking Karen Travis and got Dr. Spock. (Dr. Spock not Mr. Spock, he wrote the baby book in the 70s-- just to explain the joke)

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    So...no Dengar huh?

23. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    When the butt-face (aqualish) alien went to pay tribute to Fett-- it looked to me like he was bringing a casserole in corningware, not a box of gold coins.

I'm still disappointed about that. I kinda like the idea of casserole butt face alien.

Howdey-ho there neighborino. You know, Delores-- that's my better half you see-- Delores says to me, come have a look see over at the old Hutt place. I says, what for woman?; and she says, she says to me, oh I think someone just moved in. So, I says, well woman we gotta be neighborly if we want partners for bridge. Me and Delores play bridge on sundays, well we used to play with the Lars' but they don't play so good no more what on account of being charred alive and all. Do you play bridge? We can teach yah. So, anyways, Delores she says to me, she says, I'll make my galaxy famous green bean hotdish and you just take it on over there. It's not really that famous, but don't tell her I said that. It's pretty darn good though. She smashes up Funyuns and puts them on top you see. Oh gosh! Don't tell Delores I gave away her secret! She'll put a bounty on my head for that. Course, we used to play bridge with the Quadronaros' but that was before.. oh what? You want me to stand where? Over this trapdoor? Sure thing buddy.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Now I can't unsee that. Thanks Jammies.