main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The Dog's Bitchin' Box

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Loadeddog, Dec 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm really offended about you claiming that I make you feel sick! ;)

2. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    What happened Sal?

3. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm gonna bitch that I had no one help me cash up tonight. I had to count all 20 registers by myself. It's a wonder that I got out on time, but the mistakes! I had a real bad day. I'm so stressed and they wonder why all the cashiers are walking out....

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    teh Johnnage: luckily it's no-one on these boards. I've recently signed up to a new forum and I asked a question in what I thought was a funny way and everyone seemed to take offence to it and it turned into a 3 page ****-storm before I closed it and tried again. As soon as I took the humour out of the subject line everyone was answering my questions.

5. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    some people need to lighten up...

Y'know there's always love here dude!

6. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I'd like to bitch about the love here!

It's Tough love!

7. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    love.. everywhere.

I'm a happy go lucky scamp.

8. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Topic One: "Lost".

A half-decent story. Eminently suitable for a three or even six-hour miniseries. Which is bitch part two below. Nice plot twists, decent backstories for the characters. Some actors I really like (Terry O'Quinn being the main one, and whoever's playing Echo is kinda cool as well) but...Jesus, God, of all the actresses they could've hired and who would've jumped at regular employment in a series, why, oh God, why, did they get Michelle Rodriguez? Goddamn cockeyed cow can't look straight at the freakin' camera, let alone any other actor. She's really starting to annoy me.

Bitch the second: okay, enough with the slow reveal crap already. It was fun for one season. Now I'm annoyed. Get the frigging plot moving or I'm going to start killing people. And for God's sake get the fat guy on the Island version of "The Biggest Loser" or something. In 40 days he shouldn't just have lost weight; he should be just about wringing people's necks from the lack of food. Find Walt, send the survivors in after the Others, create armageddon. Just don't give me another small section of the famous film yet again.

Topic Two: Junk mail.

Actually, this is more of a suggestion than a bitch: sick and tired of all those reply paid envelopes you keep getting in the mail from Synergy/investment services/the flower shop? Here's the solution: hold onto all your junk mail for a while. When one of these reply paid envelopes arrives, stuff it jam-packed full of other junk mail and send it. It's important to stuff it full, because if it's above a certain weight or thickness, the company pays the postage. It is a tremendously satisfying feeling to do so, and if we get enough people doing it, who knows?

9. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Ah Jim. Jim Jim Jim Jim Jim. Come here. We'll do the thing. Here. Here. There we go... (gives Jimbo some money) Take it. Take it. Now. Actually Jim, could I have that back? (takes money back off Jim) Shh! So Jim, have I ever told you about the old country? The songs! Oh Jim, they'd melt your face. "Ohh I live in a shoe on Moore Street, I'm a prostitute from Newry".

:) hahah

10. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    People that crowd the doors (trying to get on) of trains and buses while people are still getting off I think are morons... that is all...

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I would like to bitch about the fact that even on broadband it is taking me forever to upload a few thousand photos. I also hate the fact that unless you pay for your photobucket account you can only upload 19 files at a time using their webpage or 20 photos at a time using their uploader tool. If I could just set the whole thing to go up at once I wouldn't care that it is taking forever because I could just walk away. Grrr... [face_frustrated]

12. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    Ahhem

Ok a few little biotches this time.

Subway Woodbridge, a shinning example of NWO and how in future the world will be. At any rate I'm free of it. But I put an application in for Mc Donalds so I think I just went from one evil empire to the next.

Neo Conservatives, it's seems theres many of them in the current US Administrations but not real definition of what a NeoCon is???

Centrelink and job finding agencies...enough said. 'Sides I'm so angry I cant even begin to say something cutting edge humorous about it.

Damn it that wasnt even a proper bitch, but that will do.

Jacen

13. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I'd like to bitch about a few things.

1. I go out for one smegging night last week, to a friends house, and I come home with the flu that he had. Damn stupid *grumble*mutter*cough*splutter*cough* One smegging night! I hardly ever go out and the one smegging time I do I end up sick!!!

2. My neighbour told me off for coughing all night. I'm sick (in case you didn't get that from above) and it's not like I'm doing it on purpose. It appears that as soon as I lie down to go to sleep or something I start coughing my lungs up. I'll be perfectly fine pretty much all day until I go and lie down.

3. I go out for one smegging night and come home sick!!!

4. Our washing machine is teasing me. Last week the start button actually worked (it wasn't working when we got the machine) so I was able to do load after load of washing without having to wait an hour for the damn thing to turn on. This week the start button is broken again and I have to wait an hour in between loads again.

5. One smegging night I go out, and come back sick as a dog.

6. I am so incredibly sick of being able to hear everything the elephants upstairs are doing. I can listen to them walking down the driveway, up the stairs, unlocking the door and thumping through the house to various rooms. I can hear them opening cupboards and doors. I can hear them screaming at their children. I hate living in concrete jungles.

7. I go out for one smegging night and come home sick!!!

EDIT: 8: The Community newspaper and their damn lack of TV page. I rely on that, it's so much easier than getting onto the net to look up what's worth watching. The damn Community paper appear to only put the TV page in on alternate weeks, why the hell can't they put it in each paper like they used to? What the hell happened?

14. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I feel your pain dude.

I went out and came back crook. I had 2 days off work and I was miserable.

AND we live 2 inches away from the most inconsiderate goddam neighbours in the world. I think they're dealin drugs or something cos idiots tap on their window at all hours for ages. I'm talking 2am 5am, and not just weekends. It's crazy and our window is 2cm away! I've called the cops 4 times and they're never come.

PLUS: I go over there to complain and they shut up.... but the next day they do it all again, and I have to go over there in the goddam freezing cold!

They slam their doors, they play loud (and stupid) music and they don't even think about the fact that they live 2 inches away from us, and that it's in the middle of the fracking night!

BITCH OVER!

15. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    TO WAR!!!

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Coming home sick really pissed me off because I never go out. The most time I spend outside is going to the mailbox or hanging out the washing (yeah, I lead a thrill-packed life). And the one time I do go out somewhere someone is sick and I get his damn flu! And Soup got sick too. For a whole day, the bastard. Damn him and his metabolism. Anyone know how I can steal some of his illness fighting abilities?

17. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    *sigh* been a while since I've posted in here.

People who don't listen to instructions.... We have a pre-shift information meeting which includes things like new stockpiles on the ROM and the truckies are given access to maps of the layout. An hour later they're calling up asking where the stockpile is.

Fair enough we have a lot of new truckies, but some of the people have been there long enough to know.. and some are the bloody trainers!!!

It's doing my head in.. I'm trying to learn a new job as well, as the dispatcher with about 6 or 8 realtime panels of information running over 2 screens as well as 3 two-way radios to listen to, plus the phone and there's also the 2 two-way's the crusher operators have plus their phone and the alarms for the crusher on their computer system.
    They sit new people to site in with drivers for a day or so before they start training- they should also put them up in the crusher box to sit and watch what goes on for a day, or even half a day, just so long as it includes either the start or end of shift which are just insane!

18. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm going to have a bitch about my wonderful employer, Woolworths Limited.

How can you justify that the payment system? An office Cashier does a hell of a lot more work than the dept managers, but get paid less than $5000 than the service supervisor. Apparently, the money is "on the floor", not the office. And as cashiers, we are apparently overpaid. Cash Office is also a very stressful job. No wonder we're all walking out in droves. Minimum starting salary for payroll officers outside Woolies is $43000, and that's just a payroll job. I'm handling cash, invoices and doing magazine returns (which even isn't my job).

Wait until after I do my 10 years with the company in Decemeber. I'll be looking for a better job then. I'm still moving over east regardless, but I need a better job for my sanity.

Oh, and one of the meat packers is pregnant and they couldn't find a more suitable job for her within the store. How bad is that?

19. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Why not go mining and get paid 80-90k to drive a truck?

20. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_laugh] Can you imagine me driving a truck?

Oh, and at the moment, Woolies has cut wages so badly to get budget for the finacial year, which means it **** next year's budget. And we also can't afford any stationary......

21. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I just did one of the most stupid things I've ever done (yeah yeah I know that's saying a lot). On the weekend I went to do my regular reformat/reinstall. I have 3 hard drives. The smallest one is the SATA one I install windows and all of my apps on. I figure that's my expendable drive since I can quite happily wipe that one without losing anything that can't be reinstalled. The other 2 are a huge SATA drive I keep all of my web, sound and video files on for editing and a big IDE drive I keep all my important data on. When I reformat, I only need to reformat the one drive and I don't need to touch the other two... Except this time. When I went to reformat I accidentally formatted the wrong drive. The data drive. The one with all my documents. With over 10 years worth of emails and attachments. With all of my photos (at least these were backed up right before we went away but the backup didn't include all of our holiday photos). All 10g of my music backups - They're all from CDs and vinyl but it took a long time to do them all.
    Instead of spending my weekend reinstalling windows I spent the weekend painstakingly recovering as much as I could off the formatted drive. End result - I managed to recover all my emails. I managed to recover my photos and music though most of them had lost their filenames (including extensions) so I'll be renaming thousands of files. There's quick ways of doing it but still tedious work. Recovered all my documents. In the end the only thing I couldn't recover is my savegames which included many games I've played over the years. I can live with that though since when I play a game I haven't played for a while I tend to start over anyway.
    I won't be slack about backing up my stuff after this.

22. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'd like to bitch about Foxtel !!

While living in Wiluna, we were told by Foxtel staff that the only way for us to connect was to put up our own dish and install everything ourselves, which we did.

Now that we have moved to Kalgoorlie and transferred our Foxtel to our new house I thought it might be a good idea to give them a ring and tell them our new address.
    The guy on the phone asks me when it would a good time for their installer to come around to install our gear, which I informed him was not necessary as our new place already had a dish hooked up, so I just had to plug the box in basically.

He tells me that none of the Foxtel gear is covered unless their guy comes and installs it, but apparently it was covered while I was in Wiluna.

I really don't see the point in paying whatever it is they wanna charge so a guy can come around and look at the connections and go home again.

Currently trying to think of a way to fight this.

23. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    By 'covered', what do you mean? Warranty?

24. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Yeah, like if the box was to blow up and needed replacing.

25. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Bastards.

That is, the bastards that just refused to give me a job at a decent-sized law firm, where I might not have to work 12 hours a frigging day.

Application goes in on Monday. Called back on Wednesday. Get roped in for interview on same day. Interview goes well, they say they're interested. Spend the next 48 hours madly running around looking for referees other than my current employer. Call the HR lady back on Monday, who gives me the bad news. The bastards gave me the impression I was in, then in 48 hours they find someone "with just that little bit more experience..." .... like what??? Someone who does eight court appearances per day instead of seven??? What the hell???

And now I have to go home to my partner and give her the bad news.

Bastards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.