main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA The Dog's Bitchin' Box

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Loadeddog, Dec 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Sainty.

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    That sucks.
    I've got a pretty cynical attitude towards the whole, application/resume/interview process for finding jobs. Ove the years I've sent out that many resumes and been to a stack of interviews but never got a job that way. With the exception of teaching in high school every other job I've had has come from a referral. I'm a firm believer in the old saying about who you know rather than what you know.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    It feels like that. Public service is worse. Wait <= 3 months for a decision only to find out that the transparent, responsible process found you unsuitable for the job without any defined reasons why (other than "you were not the preferred applicant").

[face_plain]

4. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Definately. At one stage I was working as an external contractor for a particular government department developing their intranet. An IT manager position was advertised and all the folks within the department were talking me in to applying for it since they thought I'd be perfect for it. I went through the whole application addressing selection criteria etc and then the job went to someone else less qualified within the government. Apparently the job was going to that person all along. Advertising the position was only a formality. I could have contested the decision but I didn't really feel like getting a job as a result of a protest - probably not a good way to start in a new workplace. It just annoyed me that so many people there thought I should have got it (it annoyed them too) and it went to someone else on a decision that had nothing to do with merit or suitability. Jobs for the boys.

5. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    I hate work!

That is all..

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Where the hell is everyone ????

7. Loadeddog

Loadeddog Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well I finaly got fed up putting up with deadheads and dole bludgers telling me how to do my job so I resigned from the busses and went out working for myself.
    I am now a gasfitter working from day to day, from phone call to phone and enjoying a variety of work.
    so there, a bitch and a solution in one

8. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    A bitch from the original dog. Keep em coming. :)

9. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Good to hear your still breathing LD.

I was starting to wonder, considering your age and all.
    ;)

10. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I forgot to add my own. Similar to the Dog. Hate criminal law. Got a new job. Start with Liquor Hospitality Miscellaneous Workers' Union on 23 April 2007. So frigging happy I could jump.

11. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I hate mortages. Every psy I'm left with a little under $300 a fortnight after the mortage man has taken the other $900 or so. And I'm living by myself.

I need a boarder....

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I can't even afford to get a mortgage yet.

13. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Neither can I. I also have to borrow from the Boomer Bank, ie the parents. I hate doing that too.

14. Ivo

Ivo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    I have a fieldy working for me who can't metre mark core its very annoying, it took him seven hours to metre mark the last hole and I ended up doing it for him in 20 minutes the worst thing is that to people that don't directly work with him think he is the bees knees and I can't get rid of him

15. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    <- hates inspections..

I've rented here for 7 years! Seriously, if I was going to trash the place I would have already...

16. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    I feel like ranting..

*Grumbles something about being kept awake by the Cherry festival bands, and wouldn't mind so much if they were half decent versions of the actual original song* They ruined 'The Boys are back in Town' by Thin Lizzy, 'Evie' and 'Sunday Pills' by Grinspoon*

17. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *rants because it's Monday*

18. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    I'm seriously about to murder someone at Crown Relocations [face_plain]

*Mutters something incoherent about them being lazy bastards, who are trying to cover their own arse*

19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    removalists?

20. LittleTinGoddess

Oct 7, 2006
    Yup. Not really their biggest fan right now.

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I went through Kent. I had no problems at all...

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    A big bitch for me. Just found it some *&$^# robbed us last night.
    Broke in our back door and grabbed a bunch of things that were not far from our back door. Including my wallet, my mobile phone (sony walkman mp3/camera phone). External hard drive. digital SLR camera with the bag and zoom lens. digital video camera. my laptop. and a few other computer things (game controller and joystick). Several thousand dollars worth of stuff that can all be replaced, but not easily without insurance. I'm pretty pee'd off. There goes my plan to buy some new dj gear.

23. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Damn, sorry to hear that Soneil.. Thieves are a pain in the butt, recently left a 500gb HD and 4gb mem stick at work on my desk while dealing with a call for about an hour, came back and both were gone..

No-where near the value you lost though :confused: Hope they find the guy that did it and recover your stuff.

How did they get through the door? (broke it?)

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Cut the flyscreen and unlatched the back door. Guess it will be key locked from now on. The cops reckon the burlary squad around here are pretty good and often do catch the culprits but we'll expect the worst so if we do get anything back, it will be a bonus. Just sucks having this happen right before Christmas. Especially when I really want the camera and video camera for the occasion when our kids are opening presents etc. Susie's been wanting a little cheapie camera to carry around anyway so we'll get one of them while we save for another SLR.

25. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah, worst time of year for it to happen (not that there's a good time) that's a real bummer man.

Got my fingers crossed tho!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.