main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-<<The Downtime Pilots Lounge>>- A Place for Writers of Rogue/Wraith/Other Squadrons.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JansonYellowAces, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Hey there Pilots, and Support Crews,

Welcome to the Downtime Pilots Lounge. A place for writers, or just lovers, of Rogue, Wraith, and any other Fighter Squadrons of the Star Wars Universe.

TheForce.net Fanfiction Resource Forum needs a Rogue/Wraith/Other (RWO) Squadron resource section. We have Han/Leia, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and many other Groups, yet no RWO's. After seeing all the RWO fanfics I knew we needed one. This is it.

Drop in to have a drink (but not well on active duty), chat with other RWO fans, announce updates to your fanfic, ask for help with your fanfic, beta other writer's fanfics, review fics, reply to fic challenges (when they start/if we have them), and most importantly, have fun.

What is this thread for?

1) To keep an updated archive of all the RWO fanfics at the JC Fanfic Boards.

2) To announce the writing of new RWO fanfics.

3) To announce new updates in your RWO fics.

4) To ask for help or a beta reader with your RWO fanfic. (Help with characters, action, ship information, etc.)

5) To help with or beta other RWO fanfics.

6) To post responses to our RWO fanfic challenges.

7) To post reviews of other RWO fanfics on the JC. (We ask for no negative reviews.)

8) To discuss all things RWO (or not) with other RWO fans.

9) To relax in The Downtime, have fun, and maybe an bottle of Correllian Ale, or two, or four, or more.

Submission Guide

Submitting Fanfics

Please PM me the following information so I can add your fanfics to the archive.

Author:
    Title:
    Time Period:
    Summary:
    Main Characters:

All we ask is that your Main Characters are Fighter Pilots.

Submitting Fanfic Reviews

Please include the following:

Author:
    Title:
    Time Period:
    Summary:
    Main Characters:
    Short Excerpt:
    Review:
    Rating: (Out of 5 X-Wings)

Welcome once more to The Downtime.

The Archive

September 9th, 2003

Author: Daughter of Yubyub
    Title: Please Say Growing Up Is Optional
    Time Period: Pre-ANH
    Summary: The story of a young Wes Janson, from his childhood on Tanaab to finally joining the rebellion as a young man.
    Main Characters: Wes Janson, Hobbie Klivian, OCs (Janson family, Klivian family, others)

Author: Daughter of Yubyub
    Title: Not the World's Greatest Babysitters
    Time Period: 10 years post-RotJ
    Summary: After toppling planetary governments, destroying Death Stars and winning countless battles, Rogue Squadron finally meets their match when they have to babysit the Solo kids.
    Main Characters: Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Anakin Solo, Wes Janson, Corran Horn, Wedge Antilles

Author: InyriForge
    Title: X-wing: Deception
    Time Period: Immediately following SoA
    Summary: I don't want to give any of the twists away if you haven't already read it, so I'll just tell you it deals with Rogues and Wraiths undercover.
    Main Characters: Wedge, Tycho, Wes, Hobbie, Gavin, Iella, Winter, Cheriss, Janine, Corran, Inyri, Kell, Tyria, Shalla, Pash, Myn, Lara, Nawara, Kelli, Cera, Kora, Elassar

September 10th, 2003

Author: Jane Jinn
    Title: We're Doomed
    Time Period: post-ROTJ, pre- Wedge's Gamble
    Summary: A lighthearted look at how Pash Cracken finds out what his squadron really thinks of him, when a practical joke goes awry.
    Main Characters: Pash Cracken, original characters

Author: Thumper09
    Title: [link=http:

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Excellent idea ... *thumbs up*

3. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Teh cool! I'll send you the listing for my fic when I get out of class.

~Rogue

4. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooh, me likey this thread!

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

5. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Awesome! I'll definitely be hanging out here. :D

-Katie
    Thumper

6. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've needed a place like this for a long time. Thanks, JansonYellowAces.

*plops happily at bar*

I'll fill out the form this afternoon.

~Inyri

7. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    I've added three new achived fanfictions for September 9th, 2003.

I enjoyed all three of those fanfics quite a bit.

Adventures in Babysitting is one of those classic Rogue comedies at the JC. The part where Janson/Hobbie/Jania set up the battle in the briefing room, and later when Ackbar walks in on them, is hilarious.

Please Say Growing Up Is Optional looks very good so far. I've never read a Janson "growing up" (if that can be said about Janson because in the fic he's nine, and we all know that's about as high as his maturity goes) but it looks good. I'm interested to see what he can do in the games room.

X:Wing: Deception Is very well written, has a very large following, and I've (and I know I'm not alone) lurked there forever (sorry Inyri). Its very well written, and divides it's time along plots nicely. I can't wait to see how this one finishes.

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks, JansonYellowAces. Feel free to talk in the thread. We won't kill you. Normally. :p Glad to know you've been enjoying it. I thrive on knowing people read.

Is there something simpler I can call you? Typing your whole name can take a while.

~Inyri

EDIT, I also have another piece that's similar to the one I'm writing now, except it deals with a whole lot more characters. It's called Evasion and there's a link in my profile. The full version can be found on my webpage.

9. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *plops down at bar beside Inyri*

I meant to fill out the form, but I didn't get around to it, as I was watching Sleeping Beauty (the best non-Star Wars movie ever.)

*clinks glass against Inyri's*

Cheers to the Pilot's Lounge! Wonderful idea, man.

~Rogue

10. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    *Grabs glas of beer*

So ... what's up? ;)

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I just have time to pop in and say hello to everybody while drinking a quick glass of sparkling tirsterberry juice before my comlink beeps and I have to go again. Duty calls! :)

12. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    Just, Janson will be fine.

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Janson, got it. ;)

Rogue, guess what! We can torture thor here, too! That deserves another round at the bar!

~Inyri

14. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    Two new fanfics added too the archive today.

I'd like to know what my fellow Pilots think about my fanfic idea.

An Imperial Tie Defender Squadron (didn't really feel like killing of 5-7 pilots a mission in Tie Interceptors). I think it would be interesting, (not to metion cool) to write about the people behind the masks.

Schools starting to get into full swing so I have no idea when I'm going to start.

Anyone else have idea floating around inside their heads?

15. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hmm, that could be interesting.

My plot bunnies? You really don't want to go there... [face_devil]

~Inyri

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    The Defender Squadron idea would be really interesting.

My current bunny is the Babysitter's Revenge I've been planning for like six months. :p

17. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    I can't wait to read another babysitter fanfic.

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    You'll have to wait until I finish Switched Destiny though. :p The last thing I need is to have five fics on the go. :p

19. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I think the Defender squadron is a neat idea. It seems like you'd have a lot of unexplored territory to work with there.

As for plot bunnies, nothing really specific for me, but I'm constantly tossing around ideas involving a Rebel SAR squadron (Search and Rescue). We'll see.

(*Looks hopefully at DoYY for another "Growing Up" post soon*) :)

-Katie
    Thumper

20. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Thumper, will you settle for a Tycho monologue in Reflections? That's up next, followed by the Ewok story and Switched Destiny (which is actually almost done).

21. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    A SAR squadron would be very interest. If only read one SAR short story, and its canon (Though it's not really a story about SAR, more like a short story about the SAR Ships's Captain, Uldir (From Junior Jedi Knights)).

As for having five fics, hows that possible Inyri I can hardly have one on the go.

22. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    How's five fics possible? Let's just say it isn't a good idea. :p

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    As for having five fics, hows that possible Inyri I can hardly have one on the go.

Inyri only has one fic going on right now. There was a brief period of overlap with Evasion and Deception, however, I won't be doing that ever EVER again. I'm a one-fic-at-a-time girl. ;)

I find that I have so many plots going on in my fic, it's like I'm really writing three or four mini-fics that all weave in and out of each other.

Janson, just so you know, I have a few short challenge pieces about pilots on my websight. Link in bio.

~Inyri

24. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    My mistake sorry Yub-Yub, and Inyri.

Okay Inyri, I look at that after I eat.

25. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    You don't have to, I just thought I'd tell you if you were interested. They aren't posted at tF.n.

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.