main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-<<The Downtime Pilots Lounge>>- A Place for Writers of Rogue/Wraith/Other Squadrons.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JansonYellowAces, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    will you settle for a Tycho monologue in Reflections?

Sounds good! :)

Janson, thanks for the heads-up on that SAR story. I'll have to go hunt for it.

-Katie
    Thumper

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Just a heads up - the follow up for Friendliest 'Woks aren't stuffed is already in the making and will deal with Wedge's and Iella's wedding - or better the old problem of getting Janson to behave [face_devil] ... So look out for Yub yub, Major! ... :)

3. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    I know what happens. :) Well, sort of. I know part of what happens. :) :)

(Don't worry, thor, my evil plan for you has nothing to do with your fic).

~Inyri

4. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    I took me about 3 hours but I finally finished Evasion.

5 X-Wing's for sure, great job Inyri.

5. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Blended One signing up! ;) (Well, you know, Blended squadron sounds better than 'Squadron which really is just one huge pile of Hutt-drippings piloting a group of ships')

I've written a six chapters of a Rogue Squadron story off the boards, to which there's a link in my sig. (It's not very good, and it won't be finnished untill I've done A Tale of Revenge II, all the trimmings and then the sequel). My next fic's going to have a cast of all new Rogues (apart from Ooryl for a few missions) set 40 years ABY. I've written minibios for them all, but as they're spoilers for my fic and don't tell too much, they're not really very good. :(

Still, I have an idea. Why don't we try to set up a 'roster' of Rogues through the ages and what call sign they are?

6. WedgeDarklighter

WedgeDarklighter Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2003
    Im working on my Rogue fic but can I join a squadron?

7. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    New Fanfic added today.

Wedge I'm not sure I know what you mean, care to explain joining a sqaudron.

8. WedgeDarklighter

WedgeDarklighter Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2003
    I was just playing around, it looked like you could join squadrons like Rogue, Wraith, etc.

I looked at InyriForge 's icon and it looked like a group icon

9. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Blended, there is a really good site with all of that information on it. I'll see if I can find it.

Janson, I took me about 3 hours but I finally finished Evasion. Only three hours? My, you're a fast reader. That fic's 160+ single spaced pages in Word. I'm very glad you enjoyed it (even if it did have a lot of J/J which guys don't seem to like for some reason... :p ).

Wedge, no, this icon isn't for a group. I just use it because tF.n won't give me an Inyri icon. :( :( We just all hang out here and chat. There's no specific squadron or anything.

~Inyri

10. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
  11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Inyri, see if Guin will make an Inyri icon. :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

12. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Is Guin really a nice person who makes icons or is this some evil joke? I only ask because of the :p . I'm assuming this is Guinastasia, right? (sp)

~Inyri

13. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Guin is Guinastasia, and she does a lot of EU icons. Especially X-Wing.

14. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    Speldorion's idea has given me an idea of my own ( a rare occurance, but it does happen :D ). It would be fun to do some little project as a group, nothing major.

Anyone have any ideas, I'm drawing blanks ( told you my idea's are rare :D ).

15. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    I seemed to have spawned something here...

Hmmm...what type of a project do you mean? Do you mean something ficcy, or something like design a ship or something?

16. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    I absolutely love the ship building idea Beldorion. We could just do it for fun, not of any consequence to anything but the RWO group; of course we could then use these created ships in our fan fictions. I have the Wizards of the Coast, D20 Starships of the Galaxy Guide, and it explains how to make balanced ships, that work in the Star Wars Universe.

Example:

This one is for the size of the ship.

Choice Number 1:

Size: Colossal
    Construction Points: 150
    Size Modifier: -8
    Class: Capital
    Damage Reduction: 30
    Length (Meters): 1,001+ m
    Mass (Metric Tons): 5000+ m

Choice Number 2:

Size: Medium
    Construction Points: 12
    Size Modifier: 0
    Class: Space Transport
    Damage Reduction: 15
    Length (Meters): 50-100 m
    Mass (Metric Tons): 200-499 t

Choice Number 3:

Size: Diminutive
    Construction Points: 1
    Size Modifier: +4
    Class: Starfighter
    Damage Reduction: 5
    Length (Meters): 5.1-10 m
    Mass (Metric Tons): 10-19 t

In the real thing there would be more then three things to choose from, and you?d get a full explanation on every section of construction. Then everyone would vote on the choices, and we?d move on to the next subsection of the ship.

I can explain it better if needed, I'm in abit of hurry right now.

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    As a non-role-player, I have no idea what half that stuff means!

But I do know I need another drink! Beer works. :p

~Inyri

18. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    *Slides a beer down.

I know what you mean, without looking at the guide its hard to understant.

While I'm out for the day, good-hunting Rogues/Wraiths/Others.

19. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Rule 1: If in doubt, drink beer.

Rule 2: If then still in doubt, drink more beer.

Rule 3: If then still in doubt, order something stronger.

:p :D

20. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    My rules:

1 - Just unwinding = beer
    2 - Nice restaurant = mixed drinks or wine
    3 - Getting drunk = A lot of one of the men. ;)

Yeah, Janson, The only rp'ing I ever did was here, and it was RP without all the little numbers and details.

I cannot believe it is morning already. *is very tired* I doubt I will post today.

~Inyri

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    At least your trying. I've been trying to write the same Tycho monologue for days now. :p

22. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    I meant more like fic designs. Like this:

Era: 40 ABY, post NJO (in my AU)
    In use by: Coalition of Free Alliances (my version of what happens to the NR
    Manufactured by: (I'm not sure yet, but it's designed by Verpines, giving it its insectoidal look.)

Type: Starfighter
    Designation: M-Wing
    Role: Intercepter, Dogfighter
    Size: small (circa 10m)
    Sublight speed: Very fast (Faster than A-wings)
    Manuverability: High (Has a main, 'falcon style' sublight engine in the central fuselage and an extra thruster on each wing
    Sheild strength: Medium low
    Hull strength: Fragile
    Weapon systems: Twin laser cannons (one on each wingtip), twin concussion missile tubes (in nose,8 missile magazine)
    Descripion: The M-wing has a long nose with a narrow cockpit, earning the class the nickname of 'squeezers'. An astromec droid housing is situated right behind the cockpit, precicely at the point where the two sweeping wings branch off from the central fuselage. The two large lasers project forwards from the wing tips, giving the ship it's name.

Other: Um... Is hyperspace capable. Has atomosphere. Doesn't have tractor beam. Are a couple of varients out there: snoop, bigger cockpit, PDF/smuggler interdiction version (no hyperdrive and therefore no astromech, swaps lasers for ion cannons and concussion missile launchers for blaster cannons and has a tractor beam in the leftover space. The TADF use the PDF version, which is called something different because the pols thought that M-wing sounded too militaristic. Valin and Kam fly them in the fic)

Sorry that was so long winded. All of that is subject to change. I've got a pic a drew, but a) I don't know how to link to pics, b) it's not on the net and I've got no-where to put it, c) it's not scanned in and d) my scanner isn't plugged in and is being very grumpy whenever I try to wake it up. :(

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Yubyub, I think I may work on one of my pet projects tonight, time allowing. I'm kinda unsure about my next Deception post and playing around with something else normally helps me write better. I even think I have a good way to begin...

~Inyri

24. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Yeah, playing is a good way to beat Darth Writers block.

That's how I got addicted to monologues. I wanted to get a better feel for a character in my novel to figure out what she would logically do next, so I let her tell me about herself. Next thing I knew, I was hooked and started doing it for fanfic. And so was born Reflections. :p

25. JansonYellowAces

Jun 28, 2002
    1 New fanfic added to day.

That's a better way Speldorion, my way is a little complicated. But now to introduce a new weekly thing for the DownTime Lounge, here it comes, wait for it, stay on target, look at the size of that thing, Pilot/Character Discussion.

And for the first character we will discuss, in honor of one of the pilots here at DownTime, Inyri Forge.

I personally think Inyri is one of the strongest female characters in the Star Wars Saga, she's right up there among Leia Organa-Solo, Padme Amidala Naberrie. Her back-story is well, written, and she acts like she's actually from Kessel. It shows us the place your born makes a difference in who you are when you grow up.

She's also an Ace Pilot (that's why she's on my Starfighter Draft team), and that's where it counts in Rogue Squadron, unfortunately we don't know her whereabouts at the moment, and its possible she could be KIA. Hopefully this is not so, and we'll se from her again in the near future.

Questions for everyone:

1. What do you think of Inyri Forge?

2. Have you ever written Inyri Forge in a Fanfic? (If no then stop)

3. Do you like writing Inyri Forge as a character?

4. How do you think Inyri Forge should be written in fanfics?

I?ve never written Inyri, and I already have said what I think about her, so now lets hear from you.

If you have any questions to add please do so. Hopefully this will help make DownTime better, and shed some light on different characters. Through these discussions we can help each other write better.

PM me to nominate a character for next weeks discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.