main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-<<The Downtime Pilots Lounge>>- A Place for Writers of Rogue/Wraith/Other Squadrons.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JansonYellowAces, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I am going to bed at 10 p.m. ... I have given up "celebrating" the new year a few years ago.

2. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Ok, is anyone here ?
    /puts hot sauce in the Lomin Ale, and grabs a bottle of Old Republic vintage Correlian Whiskey

3. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Happy new years all y'all Snub jocks

4. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Same here! I guess the rest is still suffering from hangover :p [face_laugh] ...

5. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Happy New Year!

6. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Be careful with wirds like hangover, I got a topic loked that way.

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Clearly he meant sugar hangover. :p

I just want to say... wow, the Janson family is hard to shop for. :p

8. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hi, all. Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I decided to actually start posting a story. So in the interests of shameless plugging, I'll mention that the link is here and while it's OCs, they're all X-wing pilots so... *shrug* The title is "Solid Ground," and the quick and dirty summary is "The Imperials set a trap for the Rebels, causing the X-wing pilots involved in the mission to get much more than they bargained for." [/shameless plug]

Hope the New Year is going well for everyone.

-Katie

9. Hendo400

Hendo400 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2003
    hey ppl, this is one of my first posts, its on subject but off subject(u'll understand in a minute) if its in the wrong place then tell me and I'll extend apologies, but I gotta ask this, what happened to the Gand Rogue Pilot, Ooryl Qrygg?? its just I've not heard from him outside the X-wing series(to my knowledge anyway!) and I'll finish up by saying cheerio now!!!

regards

Hendo :)

10. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    You will go read Thumper's story. *passes hand over thread* No seriously, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Hendo: I'm not really sure what happened to Ooryl. A lot of the X-Wing characters don't really appear all that often outside the X-Wing books and comics. (Of course, the advantage of that is that you can create Ooryl's [mis]adventures however you'd like. ;) )

11. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Ah. Ooryl. Y'know, I thing there's just this big continuity black hole that contains all these ships and characters and events that just disappeared one day. Last I saw of Ooryl, he was helping Corran rescue Mirax from Tavira.* He might have retired from the Rogues at the end of VotF with Corran, Wedge, Tycho, Wes and Hobbie, but then again he might not. [face_plain] My best guess is that he did and then he went back to Gand and was a Findsman again, or maybe did pilot training. He probably reenlisted in the Vong war, but it's not mentioned.

* I think he might have been in Union, actually, but I'm not sure.

Hope it helps! :)

12. Hendo400

Hendo400 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2003
    hey thanks very much for this, not a frequent poster because I'm an extremely lazy scotsman :) just wondered what happened to him, I preferred him, and did anyone notice(maybe its been said before, but not that I've noticed) that in I think it was Ruin that Admiral Kre'fey had a teacher that pointed out the 'flaws of bothan Society' or something, does anyone else(besides lazy me) think that could be Asyr Sei'lar?? or am I just jumping at(forgot the saying but at least am trying :) ) Anyways, al be running away to hide again :)

Regards

Hendo

13. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    I think so. At least, that's who I'm taking it to be in my post-NJO fic... :)

14. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    That'd be cool if it was her.

Some authorneeds to tell us what happend to her, preferbly by having her save the Rouges.

15. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Would someone shoot me? Then maybe I could get some of my Rogue Squadron story done.

Bah. I'm sitting in Advanced Comp right now, listening to silly stuff. Someone rescue me.

~Rogue

16. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Would someone shoot me?

ok

/shoots Rouge11lovesJag

17. Jasa_Solo

Jasa_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2003
    What was Wes's flight number at Hoth ?

18. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm not sure here but wasn't he playing the 'Trim weight' (rear gunner) in Wedge's Snowspeeder ???

19. Jasa_Solo

Dec 5, 2003
    Yes, he was.

Also, whos Rouge 2, the guy that found hand and Luke.

20. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Rogue Two was Zev Senesca.

Edit: At Hoth, Wedge was Rogue Three, and the websites I've looked at only list Wes as Rogue Three's Gunner. Sorry, that's not much help.

-Katie
    Thumper

21. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, thats what I got.

22. Jasa_Solo

Dec 5, 2003
    Ok, I could be wrong, but heres what I have.

Rouge 2-Hobbie (the guy with that big grin that looks out of place almost that finds Han and Luke)
    Wes-The guy that seems suprised only 2 Xwings are esscorting the transports.
    He has a grin that looks in place when he tow cables the walker.

23. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understand it.

The guy who says, "This is Rogue Two, I found them, repeat, I found them" (or whatever the line was) is Zev Senesca.

The one in the hangar wearing the skull cap with the line "Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?" is Hobbie.

Wes is the one you only see in the gunner's seat and who gives the big grin when he gets the tow cable attached to the AT-AT. I think he's got a line like, "Cable out, let her go!" and Wedge refers to him as Janson.

-Katie
    Thumper

24. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
  25. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    In ESB, Wedge tells his gunner, "Nice shot, Janson."

Some authorneeds to tell us what happend to her, preferbly by having her save the Rouges.

I'm curious to see what happened to her, but in another way. Maybe have one of them stumble upon her in a cantina or something. Asyr's fate could then remain shrouded in secret, much like that of Kirney Slane. Just my opinion, though.

~Inyri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.