main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Drabble is Joined! (UDC VIII) (Qui, Obi, Luke, Han, Lens, etc.) Updated 11/14/17!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brodiew, May 16, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool stuff in the ones dealing with Jyn. LOL about the one being hard of hearing. =D= =D= on the AU diversion. Leia as the preacher's daughter [face_rofl] Oh that begs to be short storied [face_batting]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see Lens helping Han

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The Jyn ones really made me feel sorry for her harsh life in which there is no place for trust and tenderness.

Han and Lens were fun. Because Lens is another word for fun, right?

As for Leia being a preacher´s daughter: where can I read that AU fic?

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    A/N1: I promise be back with response first thing tomorrow!

A/N2: This set is a test. It is also follow to a story called ‘Soaked’ that I wrote many years ago. The test is whether or not I will want to expand this idea into a larger story. Back then, I did not. I hoping things have changed as this is a story I want told; a story with these characters. And, so it begins…

Week XII - by mavjade

56. Break

It’s not every day that the speeder you and your friends are a riding in is hit by a giant ball of ice. That’s what happened to us on a joyride to The Hapitna, an aged Coruscanti sporting arena. Ben had borrowed the speeder from the Jedi fleet in order to impress his lady love, Jysella Horn. Given that, one might wonder what I’m doing here. Well, Ben isn’t one for stealing speeders. Nor am I. But the temptation was too great. Anyway, the ice ball hit us and he crashed onto the immense track and skidded into the wall.

57. Quiet

I hate being alone. Ask anyone. I don’t like the dark either; much less silent darkness. One might think noises in the dark would get to me. Nope. At least, then, I won’t go mad. Noises can lead me somewhere. Pitch black and void of sound can only lead me over the edge.

Ben and Jys were right behind me a couple of minutes ago. Jys was regaling me with how romantic it would be if I weren’t here. I was offering a quick witted retort and suddenly she was gone. So was Ben. No screams, yells, or flashing lightsabers.

58. Lives

On his hands and knees, Lens searched for his lightsaber. In the confusion of his friends’ disappearance, he dropped it and must have kicked it out of reach. When he finally got a hold of it, he pressed it on and sat with his back against the duracrete tunnel. The blue blade illuminated only a few feet on all sides.
    He stood and turned back toward the spot where they were lost. He would find them. He had no choice.

“Ben!” He called into the darkness. “Jysella!”

He came to a place where the hallways divided and turned in pursuit.

59. Dies

The blow came hard and fast out of the darkness knocking him to the ground. Raising his lightsaber in expectation of the next blow, he could not believe what saw at the edge of light provided by his blade. It was huge and its armor seemed to be moving. The face was ghoulish and skeletal. The next blow he saw coming. Summoning all the Force energy he could, the initiate stood and raised his blade to meet it. Lens knew he had to get to his friends if he was going to survive. That is, if they weren’t already dead.

60. Story

When Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade arrived on the scene, Ben, Jys, and Lens huddled, shivering just inside the tunnel that led to now deserted locker rooms. The two Jedi master handed blankets the children and waited. Luke folded his arms and turned his gaze to Ben.

“Yuuzhan Vong warrior?” Luke asked, raising an eyebrow. “Battle to the death?”

“It’s true, Dad!” Ben pleaded. “Ask Lens!

Mara looked doubtful.

“Okay, ask Jys!”

Lens couldn’t wait. He broke into the story of a hidden warrior discovered by three Jedi initiates and the locker room melee which left them spent but alive.

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Wait, so it was a Yuuzhan Vong warrior? Or Lens's imagination ran away from him?
    Hopefully Ben and Jysella can corroborate Len's story.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh i am intrigued. =D= Hope this expands. [face_batting]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You manage to write the Vong interesting and that is real art!

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Goodness, when did I fall this far behind? Well, it's time to rectify that now. (Though I'm thrilled to see that your muse has been so proactive. :D)

Week XIII - This started as such a fun update! I loved the look at Lens' academy years. But those two AUs - wow! Very intense, powerful stuff. =D=

Week IX - I love that the trials of Lens' gift-giving still continues here. :p After that, Jasmine sure has a lot on her conscience to face, and it was sad and bittersweet for her to come to some sort of resolution within herself with Frinsin. What a hard few drabbles to read - though, once again, you really have me curious for more of her story. [face_thinking]

Week X - I love, love, love seeing Mara in mom mode! Though, of course she's going to approve of Lens' friendship with Ben in the end. [face_love] And, Mr.Solo - I was dying - what a great Han characterization through these drabbles. :D

Week XI - Wait had such a creative format that I really have to applaud it. And Diversion was such an interesting AU, again!! I really like these alternate peaks. But, the line that stole the show for me was:

[face_laugh] Spot on perfect banter! :D

Week XII - That was an all too tantalizing glimpse at what seems to be quite the adventure for Lens and friends. The adventure you described here was chilling, and you really have me curious to see what it was they faced. [face_thinking] I certainly wouldn't mind seeing this as a longer story if the muse ever strikes you. :)

Fantastic work, as always! :) =D=

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh dear, I've fallen behind again!

I really hope you can write a longer story about Jasmine someday. The 42-44 sequence in week IX shows how much potential she has a character. It's quite a tour de force that she caused a man's death, and yet you make the reader pity her instead.

And Lens... Great interaction with Han in week X, plus #52 as a bonus. The "Lens making it right with Han Solo" may be polite, respectful and quiet, but he's still a little irreverent in the end, and he's still a bit clumsy :p Like Mira, I'm hoping you get to write the story of how Lens, Ben & Co ran into that YV warrior -- I'd read that in a heartbeat!

Poor Jyn. Things never seem to go right for her :(

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    intriguing story with Lens seeing that warrior

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    @DARTH_MU: Hey, MU! Thanks for coming back! It is real Vong warrior hiding in the bowels of the old sporting arena.

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks, Nyota! Still considering a longer story.

@AzureAngel2, I appreciate that, Azure! I thought the Vong we interesting enough, but the NJO went on a little too long.

@Mira_Jade: As always, I appreciate your continued support and wonderful comments. Lens is Lens and I love him for it. I've created other OCs, but none with the longevity of interest I've carried for him. Those AUs were fun and you can expect more of that coming up soon.

@Chyntuck: You are too kind. I have never had my work described as a tour de force.[face_blush] I am greatful that you enjoy Jasmine so much. I will bring her back in the next set if I can.

@earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks earlybird! I 'm glad you liked the story.

Week XIII - by Mira_Jade

61. Uprising

Qui-Gon Jinn sighed heavily after being given the name of the planet he and Obi-Wan would be visiting next. The planet, Arret, had a history of interspecies tension and violence. He had visited the world once before, as Dooku's padawan, and what he witnessed had never left him. Now, the tensions had grown into outright hostilities and seat of government was under attack. The mission was to make contact with the opposition leader and try to broker a cease fire. It was a testament of Yoda's faith in him that he would assign a mission that appeared most certainly doomed.

62. Negotiate

Siri Tachi had something that Obi-Wan Kenobi wanted. Unfortunately, the auburn-haired padawan was not willing to do what was demanded in order to achieve his goal.

“Give it back, Siri!”

“No,” she responded emphatically. “You want it back, you know what you need to do.”

“I am not going to do that and you know better than to take a Jedi’s weapon. Give it back. Now.”

“I would never take a Jedi’s weapon,” Siri assured him. “But, yours on the other hand, was asking for it.”

“No. You’re the one asking for it and you’re never going to get it.”

63. Convince

“In that case, you will never see your best friend again,” Siri replied.

“What does Bant have to do with this?” Obi-Wan answered.

Siri’s face reddened, and, in her frustration, she removed the lightsaber from her tunic and extended it toward Obi-Wan. He stepped forward to take it, extending his own arm. She stepped into him taking his face in her hands and pressed her lips to his. The silver hilt dropped to the dirt and its owner’s hands to his sides.

She broke the kiss, which was innocent, leaving her friend speechless.

“Bant has nothing to do with this.”

64. Overthrow

“I can’t believe you did that?” Obi-wan said, flush with embarrassment.

Siri placed a hand on her hip. “Can’t believe I did it or can’t believe you liked it.”

“Whether I liked it or not is immaterial,” the padawan declared. “It was completely inapp-”

Siri stepped to him again and planted another kiss on his lips, flicking his nose with her tongue. “Blah, blah, inappropriate, blah,” she jibed.

Obi-Wan wiped his nose in disgust even while fighting a welling arousal.

“Don’t you wish you had just kissed me on the cheek,” she said, smiling sweetly and handing him his lightsaber.

65. Unite

If he was ever going to give in to such urges, it was better to do it now than when a Jedi knight. In his presently clouded mind, he was trying to remember if it was emotional attachment or physical contact or both which were forbidden.

She was still close enough for him to feel her heat. Her sweet, yet seductive smile dared him to act.

His heat.

Her heat.

Kissing.

Inappr-BLAH, Blah.

Encircling her waist with his hands, he pulled her to him and kissed her. It was not as innocent as hers, but she didn’t seem to mind.

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  12. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh, my sweet Siriwan, how I missed you.

:_|

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    brodiew -- uprising -- cool setup and Qui and Obi are perfect for such a mission because they "think on their feet" [face_laugh] The next 4-- one word suffices.... SQUEEEEE! :D :) Oh yum. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Siri, she is the great love of Obi-Wan. Love this:*

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    All of the latest drabbles were brilliant, because I also had missed Siri. But 65. Unite has been a real treat to read. Very sexy and sensual! Thank you!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    DARTH_MU: Siriwan has entered the building. I'll try to get them a little action...so to speak...before the challenge ends.
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: The return of SQUEE! I'm got I can help. These two will be back for sure! That Obi-Wan can be so stubborn some times. [face_whistling]
    earlybird-obi-wan: I know you love the Siriwan, earlybird. Thanks for coming back. I appreciate it.
    AzureAngel2: I'm so glad you enjoyed 'Unite'. His poor defenses were overwhelmed. :p

Week XIV - by Briannakin

66. Talk

“Why would you tell me that?” Frinsin asked, rage welling, tempered by confusion.

“Because I don’t care if you kill me,” Jasmine replied, flatly. “You’d be doing me a favor.”

“Don’t be so dramatic,” Frinsin said, with a sneer. “I’ve been searching for my father for 14 years and you are going to help me find him. I want you contact you’re Imperial boy-toy and get him back here.”

“And, how do you expect me to do that?” the cantina girl responded. “I imagine he has plenty of girls like me scattered across the sector.”
    Frinsin stared at Jasmine incredulously.

67. Silence

Frinsin had seen beings like Jasmine before; helpless, hopeless, and heedless of the right kind of opportunities. The Pink haired woman had just confessed to selling her father and herself for nothing more than empty promises. She had never gotten the reward money the Imp Lieutenant said he would give her. If Frinsin didn’t despise her so intensely for taking away her father, she might pity the woman. She might give her something to live for. However, beating her half to death seemed more cathartic, at the moment, but that, too, would give the pathetic bar girl what she wanted.

68. Smile

Jasmine had been a cantina girl long enough to know that you don’t tell all you know. Whether it was about her customers or herself, she had learned to reveal only what was necessary in the moment. As Frinsin stared at her across the bar, Jasmine began to formulate a plan to contact Jesyr Ruk. She had no idea if he would respond or if it would make any difference if he did. When he left, the Imperial had given her his contact information, but was very clear about how and why she should use it. His needs were clear.

69. Laugh

It was one of the strangest scene’s Ben Skywalker had ever witnessed. As he entered the sparring arena, he saw Lens and Master Zekk doubled over in laughter. At first, he thought he had entered the wrong arena as he would have never expected to find these two in such a state. Lens definitely enjoyed making people laugh, but it was rare to see him guffawing in such a manner. It was also common knowledge that Zekk never laughed. Ever. What made it even weirder was that Lens has been complaining a lot about his Master lately. Curious, indeed.

70. Cry

Like sitting at the edge of a dock on a mountain lake, Lens Eli’s feet rested in the water up to his calves. He stared blankly at the expanse before him. Domiciles peaked over the surface of water, as did trees, some leaning at unnatural angles. Personal and local government water craft cruised by roofs looking for survivors. The apprentice had been in serious situations before, but none had touched him so strongly in the Force. He could feel the anguish of the survivors, a handful in his own craft, as if it were his own. He wanted to cry.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    66-68, glad to read more about Jasmine and her important choice and complex emotions with Frintzin. 70: Lenz is certainly in a difficult spot there. [face_worried] Looks like a rescue attempt of some kind.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice story about Frinsin an Jasmine
    great scenes with Lens with the last one in a rescue situation

19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Sorry, I missed an update! It's been a crazy few days but I'm here and I'm following.

LOVED the Siriwan sequence in week XIII, and I'm not even a Siriwan fangirl! I understood early in the series that Siri was in some sort of "Truth or Dare" mood, but “Don’t you wish you had just kissed me on the cheek” was perfect!

And yay, more Jasmine! Okay, "yay" might be a bit out of place here, because that poor woman just doesn't have much to look forward to in life. But she's still a survivor, in that she keeps the info she needs that will keep her going for another day. I hope we see more of her before the end of this drabble series.

And Lens, in his raft with more survivors of some untold disaster... This is really one of these drabbles that make me want to know the rest of the story. It feels like a plot bunny in the making, I hope it bites you :)

20. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Aw.... Jasmine just can't live with her decision. Redemption time!

And Lens.... Something serious is going on. Seems very depressed.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Week XIII - Now I want to know more about this mission that is giving Qui-Gon such reservations. [face_thinking] But Siri and Obi-Wan!! I have such a soft spot for these two dears, and these drabbles were just . . . youthful and sweet with just the right amount of mush! [face_love] This was definitely a wonderfully lighthearted moment to capture in the face of the rest of their relationship. :(

Week XIV - What an excellent grab bag, again! Jasmine is certainly at a low point here, and I completely understand Frinsin's anger and almost-pity. Their interaction has me as curious as the rest of Jasmine's story does. [face_thinking]

Then, you have to stop it with these little glimpses without giving us the rest of the story! ;) Now I too am wondering what had Zekk giving in to such belly laughter too, and Cry was such a sad, emotional drabble in the face of the storms we are facing right now. It was a completely relatable sentiment. :(

Fantastic work, as always, my friend. =D=

22. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thank you for coming back, Nyota. Jasmine is a piece of work. I will try to resolve her situation before the end of the challenge. Lens is assisting in a natural disaster relief effort. It is not something has witnessed before.
    @earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks, earlybird. Frinsin is sticking around and she and Jasmine will have to figure it out together. I'm glad you've been enjoying Lens for years. Thanks!
    @Chyntuck: Hi Chyntuck! I've always enjoyed Siriwan mostly because I love writing snark. Siri can be single minded at times and Obi-Wan is no match. As for Jasmine, she will see it through. Whatever it is. Frinsin will have a big part. I may just take your advice and stretch the Lens disaster story into a vig or something.
    @MartyAvidianus: Thanks for reading, Marty. Gotta love Siriwan. Jasmine may possible be redeemed. It remains to be seen whether it is a Vader-esque redemption.
    @Mira_Jade: Hi Mira! In that first Qui-Obi drabble I was trying show where it can lead when race relation break down into open hostility. I didn't contniue it because I didn't want to bum myself out. So, I switched to Siriwan, which is a more more fun topic. You nailed it when you mentioned that Frinsin has 'almost pity' for Jasmine. So true. What will happen next is anyone's guess. Thanks for commenting on the Lens-Zekk laughter. I'm not even sure what is causing, but you can be sure I'll know by next week. I see about more flood rescue next week too. I know it's maddening. Sometimes drabbles can be more like the plot bunny thread, when the barest bones are all that is given. More to come.

Week XV- by mavjade

71. First

Lens and the Grandmaster

It was the policy of Luke Skywalker, Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, to give each initiate, on the eve of being chosen by a Master, an interview. Often, this would the only private meeting with the Grandmaster most initiates would have. In the case of Lens Eli, Luke could have forgone the meeting, but he wanted the boy to know, mischief maker or not, class clown or not, Lens would be have his ear for a full hour.Luke meditated ahead of time; centering himself in the Force. He needed to be the eye of the hurricane coming his way.

72. Impressions

Lens and the Princess of Alderaan

It was a rare moment that Lens found himself alone. Even rarer was suddenly discovering that Leia Organa Solo was staring at you and everyone else had left the room. The princess was relaxing on the couch, with legs crossed and a knowing smirk on her lips. This greatly unnerved the young initiate.

“So you’re Ben’s friend?” Leia asked.

“Yes, ma’am,” he replied, nodding a little too emphatically.

“Ben is a good kid,” she said, wistfully. “He has a soft heart.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Are you a good kid, Lens?”

Lens was silent a moment, digesting the question. “Yes, I am.”

73. Safer

Lens and the Rogue

Leaving the commissary, Lens ran headlong into Master Kyp Durron. Acting as if nothing had happened, the young blond pivoted away and resumed his forward progress. The sudden tension in his tunic advised him that his escape had been foiled.

“Not so fast, Eli,” Kyp said, pulling the back in front of him.

“I didn’t do it,” Lens said breathlessly, trying fruitless to wrench himself from Kyp’s grip. “Let go!”

“Stop squirming, Lens,” Durron said, sending calm into the Force. “And, yes, you did.”

Lens ended his resistance and met the older Jedi’s eyes. “But it was stellar, wasn’t it?”

74. Check

Lens and the Correlian Smuggler

Han Solo regarded the young man has he sat on the Falcon’s deck plating, his face and clothes smudged with grease.

“It doesn’t look like mechanics is your thing, Kid,” Solo said without judgement. “And, that’s ok.”

Lens relaxed at the Correlian’s easy words. “I can eat flapjacks, that’s for sure.”

Han arched his eyebrows and nodded his ascent.

The two were silent for a time. Lens sipped on the Fizzpop the old smuggler had given him.

“You know, Eli,” Han began, solemnly. “You remind me of my son in a way.”

“Caedus?”

“No, Kid,” Han chuckled, thoughtfully. “Not Jacen.”

75. Last

Lens and the Son of the Jedi

“Ben,” Lens said, breathlessly. “I have to tell you about this dream I had last night!”

“Okay, go,” Ben replied.

“We were standing on a drawbridge, with a castle rising behind. We each had our saber’s ignited. Your father was there, only half conscious. We were holding him up between us. It was like a rescue or something. I don’t remember everything.”

“Did we get away?” Ben asked.

“We got away, but we had to ditch your dad to save ourselves.”

“Dad would never ditch us, half dead or not.”

"I know. We ditched him. He’s heavier than I thought.”

23. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Re: Impressions: Hm... It seems an interview with the daughter of Lord Vader is harder than that with the son of Lord Vader.

Re: Safer: Is it really safer though?

RE: Check: It seems Han is in the process of forgiving Jacen, in his own way. [face_thinking]

Last: Great Job Lens, Great Job. Did you tell the Jedi himself? ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful use of the prompts & conversations, particularly with Leia and Han. :cool:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun again with Lens getting into situations and out of them

AzureAngel2 likes this.